Moving a step closer to unveiling of CAT 2020, Professor Harshal Lowalekar, Faculty for Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques area at IIM Indore, has been appointed as the Convener of CAT 2020. This was confirmed by IIM Indore Director Prof Himanshu Rai in an exclusive interview with MBAUniverse.com. Professor Harshal Lowalekar is also the Chair of Admissions at IIM Indore, and has been awarded as Best Professor of the Year many times.
Responding to MBAUniverse.com query, Prof Himanshu Rai said, “It is my colleague at IIM Indore, Prof. Harshal Lowalekar, who will spearhead this initiative. Under his stewardship in these testing times, I am sure we will conduct CAT smoothly, while ensuring the safety of all the candidates.” Interestingly, Prof Rai was himself the CAT 2010 Convener when he was a faculty member at IIM Lucknow and initiated many far-reaching changes in CAT exam format that had just become computer-based exam in 2009.
Know your CAT 2020 Convener - Prof. Harshal Lowalekar
The Convener of CAT 2020, Prof Harshal Lowalekar holds multiple responsibilities at IIM Indore. Apart from being an Associate Professor of Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques Area at IIM Indore, he is also the Chair, Admissions and Coordinator of Integrated Programme in Business Analytics at IIM Indore.
After completing his Fellow Program in Management at IIM Ahmedabad, Prof Lowalekar started teaching in 2010 as visiting faculty at IIM Indore. He has been teaching
Doctoral level courses, Graduate level courses as well as Executive level courses.Prof Lowalekaris much loved by IIM Indore students for his teaching style and effectiveness. He was awarded the Best Teacher Award in 2019, 2016 and 2012 at IIM Indore!
Prof Lowalekarwasa Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Fellow at W.P. Carey School of Business Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, USA and did his Fellow Programme in Management (equivalent to Ph.D.) from IIM Ahmedabad. He did his B.E. in Mechanical Engineering from Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya in Bhopal.
Prof Harshal Lowalekaris also an accomplished researcher. His research interests are Theory of Constraints; Perishable Items Inventory Management; Operations Management; Simulation and Modeling and Stochastic Processes. His Publications, case studies and reviews are widely read, referred. His significant publications include “Case Studies in Operations Research”; published in International Journal of Production Research; “Revolutionizing blood bank inventory management using the TOC thinking process: An Indian case study”, published in International Journal of Production Economics among others.
Earlier, IIM Indore successfully conducted CAT 2013 and CAT 2014 for two consecutive years under the convenorship of Prof Rohit Kapoor. Last year, CAT 2019 was conducted by IIM Kozhikode under the convenership of Prof Shubhasis Dey, Faculty at IIM Kozhikode.
MBAUniverse.com will reveal a lot more about CAT 2020 soon. So, make MBAUniverse.com part of your daily CAT 2020 preparation plan.
Read inspirational stories & secret mantras of CAT Toppers, only on MBAUniverse.com
- How Surat Boy and NIT Hamirpur Graduate Shantanu Yadav cracked CAT with 99.7%ile and got into IIM Ahmedabad for MBA 2020!
- How Working Professional & IIT Roorkee Graduate Rahul Gupta cracked CAT with 100%ile and got into IIM Ahmedabad for MBA 2020!
- How Alappuzha Girl and NIT Calicut Graduate Sruthy cracked CAT with 97.71%ile and got into IIM Lucknow for MBA 2020!
- Chandanbala, a B.Com with 51% Cracks CAT 2019 with 98.28%ile; Gets into IIM Udaipur; Never found Questions too Hard
- Chartered Accountant Tanuj Ruia took 30 Mocks to Crack CAT 2019 with 99.69%ile; Gets into IIM Bangalore
- How CA Anushree Naik juggled her finance job in Mumbai, and yet cracked CAT 2019 to get into IIMA! MBAUniverse.com Interview
- An NGO Activist and BBA from Surat, Nikita cracked CAT with 99.22%ile; Preferred PGPM at MDI Gurgaon instead of IIMs
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on CAT Exam 2020