Known for its curriculum design and changes as per industry and market requirement which facilitates high placements and career growth of its students, DSIMS Mumbai offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM- 2 Years Full Time Program) which is offered at the newly established Durgadevi Saraf Global Business School (DSGS).
PGDM is the flagship program of DSIMS. The program is approved by AICTE and the Government of Maharashtra, Department of Technical Education. Apart from the PGDM programme, DSIMS also offers Masters in Management Studies (MMS - 2 Years Full Time Program) which is an MBA programme affiliated to the University of Mumbai with specialization in Marketing, Finance, HR, & Operations. Upto 2019-20, DSIMS conducted PGDM and MMS at the same campus but as per the directive issued by AICTE vide approval process handbook 2020-21, DSIMS was not permitted to conduct MMS & PGDM Programs in the same institution. Accordingly, Rajasthani Sammelan Education Trust (RSET), the promoters of DSIMS, established a new institution in the name of Durgadevi Saraf Global Business School (DSGS) for conducting PGDM Program from the academic session 2020-21.
DSIMS Admission 2022 application process is open for PGDM 2022-24 batch while admission 2022 process for DSIMS MMS 2022-24 batch will be conducted through DTE CAP 2022. Read below DSMIMS USPs with all the important details about DSIMS Admission 2022, DSIMS PGDM & MMS Fees, Placements, admission eligibility, selection process and more
Table of Contents
- DSIMS Mumbai: Institute Highlights & USPs
- Management Programmes Offered at DSIMS Mumbai
- DSIMS Mumbai Fees
- DSIMS Mumbai Intake in PGDM & MMS
- DSIMS Mumbai Placement: Consistent rise in packages
- DSIMS Industry Connect
- DSIMS Curriculum: Creating Industry Ready Managers
- DSIMS: International collaborations
- DSIMS Mumbai Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- How to Apply for DSIMS Admission 2022?
- DSIMS Mumbai Admission Criteria 2022: Different for PGDM and MMS Programs
- DSIMS Mumbai Admission 2022: PGDM Shortlisting & Final Selection Process
- DSIMS MMS Admission 2022 Criteria
- DSIMS Admission Process: Required Documents
- DSIMS Mumbai Cut Off
1. DSIMS Mumbai: Institute Highlights & USPs
DSIMS has been conceived with the ambitious objectives of developing professional expertise and skilled manpower in all functional areas of management. Key highlights and USPs of DSIMS are:
1.1 Grooming Skilled Professionals for Industry: DSIMS aims at providing professional management education to students & thereby provides highly motivated & skilled management professionals to the industry.
1.2 Accreditations & Approvals: DSIMS PGDM is AICTE approved and MMS is affiliated to Mumbai University. DSIMS is NAAC Accredited. To pursue long-term quality assurance standards, DSIMS has established its Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC).
1.3 Ranking: DSIMS is a 10 year old recognized B-School which has been consistently ranked among the Top Private B-Schools in Mumbai and nationally. DSIMS is ranked #91 among top B-schools in India in MBAUniverse.com B-School Rankings 2022. DSIMS has been ranked 5th among the Top Private B-Schools in Mumbai and ranked 18th among the Top Private B Schools in West India By Times B School Survey 2021. DSIMS was ranked 29th among the Top Private B Schools in India By Times B School Survey 2021. DSIMS has been awarded ‘Fastest Growing Private Education Institute 2012-13’ in the ‘Business School’ category Process Advisors & Evaluators-KPMG in India.
1.4 DSIMS Mumbai Fee: DSIMS Fees is Rs.8.25 lakhs for PGDM and Rs.4.73 lakhs for MMS programme. DSIMS Mumbai fees for both the management programmes is much lower than the fee charged by many good B-schools in India.
1.5 Strong Placements: Known for its focus on industry oriented curriculum, robust and innovative pedagogy. DSIMS has a consistent track record of placements and a strong industry-interface. DSIMS Mumbai Placement 2021 has been good with many companies recruiting from campus. Average salary in DSIMS Placement 2021 was Rs.6 LPA and the highest salary was Rs.8 LPA.
1.6 Top Recruiters: Top Recruiters at DSIMS placement include Aditya Birla Capital, Amazon, Airtel, Affinity.Com, Airtel, Deloitte, Reliance, ICICI Bank, Oracle, among others
1.7 Corporate Connect: DSIMS has strong corporate relations and maintains a tighter interaction between corporate and the college. Courses are delivered by a combination of academician and practicing business leaders in order to give a blend of concepts and application to students
1.8 Global Partnerships: DSIMS Mumbai has international partnerships with European and US Universities for Student & Faculty Exchange, International Research and other programs. DSIMS has collaborated with ESSCA Management Institute in Hungary and Northumbria University of East London.
2. Management Programmes Offered at DSIMS Mumbai
2.1 PGDM: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM- 2Years Full Time Program) is the flagship program of DSIMS. The PGDM program of DSIMS is approved by AICTE and the Government of Maharashtra, Department of Technical Education.
2.2 MMS: DSIMS also offers Masters in Management Studies (MMS – 2 Years Full Time Program) affiliated to the University of Mumbai with specialization in Marketing, Finance, HR, & Operations.
2.3 MMM, MFM, MHRDM: DSIMS also offers 3 Years Part Time Master’s Degree Program (MMM, MFM, MHRDM), affiliated to University of Mumbai. Apart from the above mentioned courses DSIMS runs some of the short term courses & programs for the business professionals, like – Executive program in Management (EPM), Post Graduate Program in Managing Family Business (PGPMFB), Diploma in Entrepreneurship & Business Planning for Women (DEW) and Management Development Program (MDP) & Faculty Development Program (FDP).
2.4 DSIMS PGDM: Program Highlights
The 2 years flagship Post Graduate Diploma (PGDM) in Management of Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies (DSIMS), Mumbai offers its students more than the MMS students are offered. The PGDM students at DSIMS get the same four functional areas as in MMS but there is an add-on feature of this program.
- PGDM specialization curriculum and pedagogic initiatives are updated regularly with the changes in industry requirement
- PGDM offers close industry interface
- International Faculty on board, teaching many courses in the PGDM program
- PGDM students get the opportunity to visit Universities in Europe and US
- Contemporary and Continuously updated curriculum for better employability of the students
2.5 DSIMS PGDM: Offered with Add On Feature
DSIMS PGDM provides students the same four functional areas as in MMS but with an add on feature. The unique feature of DSIMS PGDM program is its specialization, the tracks of which are regularly orchestrated with the ever changing needs of the industries.
2.6 DSIMS PGDM Program Specializations
The Post Graduate Diploma in Management at DSIMS is a robust, unique, industry-driven program which focuses on creating industry ready and socially sensitive professionals.
The program is designed to provide learning environment and ambience to the budding leaders to develop their skills through four emerging areas of specialization in the corporate world:
- Finance – Focus on Financial Markets
- Organizational Psychology & Human Resource Management
- Marketing and Communications
- Operations – Logistics and Supply Chain Management
2.7 DSIMS Mumbai MMS Specializations
MMS is a MBA degree programme at DSMIMS and is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. Following specialization are offered in MMS course:
3. DSIMS Mumbai Fees
The 2 years DSIMS Mumbai fees for PGDM and MMS programmes, payable by students is as under:
DSIMS Mumbai Fee Structure (Rs.in Lakhs)
4. DSIMS Mumbai Intake in PGDM & MMS
PGDM 2022-24 Programme intake at DSIMS, Mumbai is as below:
5. DSIMS Mumbai Placement 2021: Consistent rise in packages
DSIMS is one of the highly ranked MBA colleges in Mumbai. Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai placements over the years have been witnessing more than 250 recruiters in each placement season for final recruitment of its students.
Average compensation in DSIMS Mumbai Placement 2021 is Rs.6 lakh per annum and the highest salary is Rs.8 lakh per annum. Top recruiters include Aditya Birla Capital, Amazon, Airtel, Adecco Group, American Express Bank, Bajaj Corp, Flipkart, Future Group, Nestle, Deloitte, Reliance Retail, ICICI Bank, Oracle, A.K. Capital Services, Abans Broking Services, ABEC Exhibitions & Conferences, Affinity.Com, AGS Transact Technologies, All Cargo Logistics, Amagi Media Labs among others.
6. DSIMS Industry Connect
DSIMS strongly advocates a tighter interaction between corporate and the college. In the very first year of its existence, the AICTE recognized DSIMS PGDM programme. Efforts were made by DSIMS in bridging the campus corporate divide by providing DSIMS with a grant to facilitate Industry – Institute Partnership.
Each DSIMS PGDM and MMS course is delivered by a combination of academician and practicing business leaders in order to give a blend of concepts and application to students. Besides, students get ample opportunities to interact with world renowned academicians in the campus due to DSIMS global leadership development initiatives.
DSIMS has been able to take advantage of its location by inviting a wide array of senior industry professionals to visit the campus and interact with the students. The aim of these interactions is twofold – one to provide an opportunity for the students to network among the industry for their career, and the second to help DSIMS students understand the application of the knowledge they have gained during their academic sessions.
7. DSIMS Curriculum: Creating Industry Ready Managers
The curricula at DSIMS is designed & developed based on Industry feedback and the best International practices. Academic rigor is maintained through the design and delivery of the programs.
The PGDM at DSIMS provides students a choice of platform to take leadership roles out of four emerging areas in the Industry Operations - Logistics and Supply Chain Management; Organizational Psychology & Human Resource Management; Marketing and Communications; Finance - Focus on Financial Markets.
8. DSIMS: International collaborations
DSIMS Mumbai under the patronage of RSET started collaborating with European and US Universities in different facets, like- International Student & Faculty Exchange Program and International Research Collaboration. DSIMS students visit many institutes of international repute during their association with the institute. DSIMS students have visited ESSCA Management Institute in Hungary and Northumbria University of East London as part of the collaborative agreement.
The Rajasthani Sammelan Educational Trust (RSET) under whose patronage DSIMS operates, and University of East London (UEL) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), crafting an agreement for collaboration. The MOU broadly encompasses internationalization of both the institutes' campuses, involving student exchange, faculty exchange and research collaboration.
9. DSIMS Mumbai Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
DSIMS Mumbai Eligibility for Admission 2022 is based on following criteria
- The candidate should be an Indian National.
- Candidate must hold a bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA from any of the Universities recognized by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline.
- Obtained non-zero score at any one of the following entrance examinations required for admission in the concerned Academic Year; MH-CET, CAT, ATMA, GMAT, MAT, CMAT, XAT. Any other (as per the AICTE norms for minority colleges).
- Applicants appearing for final year degree examination can also apply.
10. How to Apply for DSIMS Admission 2022?
Application for DSIMS PGDM Admission 2022 at Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies (DSIMS), Mumbai can be submitted online with the GMAT/CAT/XAT/ ATMA/ CMAT/MAH-CET/MAT exam scores. DSIMS Mumbai is one of the very few Business Schools in India that offer a unique two-year program with innovative curriculum design and pedagogic approach with a clear business focus, intellectual discipline and a sense of teamwork.
10.1 Step by Step Application Process for DSIMS Admission 2022
- Step 1: Register for DSIMS PGDM Admission 2022
- Step 2: Fill up the details in the Application form
- Step 3: Submit & Download the filled in Application form
- Step 4: Pay online Rs.2000/- towards application fee
- Step-5: Submit the hard copy of the filled in downloaded application form to DSIMS, Mumbai
10.2 DSIMS Application Process 2022: 10 Key Instructions
- The Application Form for PGDM is available online on the institute’s website: www.DSGS.org.in
- The student needs to fill & submit the form online and pay application form fees of Rs. 2,000 through online payment mode
- Submit a printout of the downloaded PDF application form along with the Entrance Score Card and Graduation Mark sheet, (if appearing, submit last semester mark sheet) within two days from the date of submission of online form.
- Only on receipt of the form and application fees, one would be considered for Personal Interview (PI)
- You should submit the documentary proof / evidence for the aptitude test score which you are mentioning in the form. The acceptable test scores are GMAT/CAT/XAT/ ATMA/CMAT/MAH-CET/MAT.
- If you have not received the test score till the time of submitting the application form then you should submit the photocopy of the score card at the time of Personal Interview.
- You should mention scores of all the tests you have appeared for. DSIMS will consider the best score among all the tests which you have provided in the application form.
- The application will be considered as accepted after the completion of entire application form
- Please also keep your mobile handy for online application. Only one Mobile Number can be used by a candidate for online registration.
10.3 DSIMS PGDM Application Fee
The DSIMS Mumbai admission 2022 application fee is Rs.2000/- for PGDM programme.
The Application Forms received without application processing fee of Rs.2000/- will not be considered for admission.
11. DSIMS Mumbai Admission Criteria 2022: Different for PGDM and MMS Programs
DSIMS Admission Criteria is different for PGDM programmes and for MMS programme. For the MMS admission 2022, the candidates are shortlisted and the institute is allotted through CAP round by DTE Maharashtra.
For PGDM admission, DSIMS Mumbai Admission Criteria 2022 will follow two-step Admission process at the institute level. The DSIMS PGDM admission process involves the Shortlisting criteria based on entrance exam score and the Final admission selection Criteria comprising GD-PI round.
12. DSIMS Mumbai Admission 2022: PGDM Shortlisting & Final Selection Process
The process of DSIMS Mumbai Admission 2022 for PGDM and for MMS program is open for next few days. Since MAH CET 2022 is scheduled in the last week of August 2022, DSIMS Mumbai last date to apply has not been announced. Below are shared the DSIMS Mumbai Admission criteria including shortlisting criteria and DSIMS Mumbai selection process.
12.1 DSIMS Mumbai Admission 2022: PGDM Shortlisting Criteria
The first part of DSIMS Admission criteria is the shortlisting criteria before final selection round. DSIMS, Mumbai will shortlist the candidates for Personal Interview. PI round covers the document verification process also. The Shortlisting criteria will be as under:
- DSIMS Mumbai will shortlist candidates on the basis of entrance exam scores accepted for admission namely CAT 2021, XAT 2022, CMAT 2022, MAH CET 2022, MAT, ATMA, GMAT
- DSIMS Mumbai cut off is based on aggregate scores and not on sectional scores of the applicants in the acceptable entrance exams for shortlisting. As such DSIMS Mumbai cut off is decided at the time of shortlisting by the B-school.
- Applicants may submit more than one entrance test score. DSIMS will consider the best test score for shortlisting.
- All the applicants shortlisted for PI are offered the opportunity to attend the final selection process on the dates advised to them
12.2 DSIMS Mumbai Selection Process 2022: Final Admission Criteria & Weightage
Weightage for Entrance test, Interview, Academic performance and performance at Sports, Extra Curricular Activities, Academic Diversity and Gender Diversity will be awarded to prepare final merit list for making admission offer to the selected candidates. Final round at DSIMS Mumbai Admission 2021 process will consist of following criteria and weightage:
Score in Common Entrance Tests
Sports, Extra-Curricular Activities, Academic Diversity and Gender Diversity
13. DSIMS MMS Admission 2022 Criteria
DSIMS Mumbai is categorized as Private/Unaided Hindi Linguistic Minority institute by Government of Maharashtra for MMS admission. The Institute Code for DSIMS as given by DTE is MB-3350 for MMS programme.
13.1 Division of MMS Seats & Admission Process at DSIMS
Out of 120 seats in MMS programme the division of seats is as under:
Open Category Seats are 35: Admission to these seats is available for Maharashtra State and All India category candidates as specified by DTE Maharashtra. DSIMS Admission process for these MMS seats will be carried out by the Competent Authority through Centralized Admission Process (CAP).
Minority Category Seats are 61: Admission to these seats is available for Hindi Speaking Minority Community and will be carried out by the Competent Authority trough Centralised Admission Process (CAP).
Institute Level Seats are 24: Admission to the Institute Level Seats will be carried out by the Institute
13.2 DSIMS MMS Admission Process for Open & Minority category seats
- For DSIMS MMS Admission, candidates will be selected through DTE CAP
- The selected candidates are required to apply to DSIMS for admission.
- DSIMS MMS Admission form is available on the institute website.
- Fill in the application form and submit online
- Down load the application form and submit the hard copy of the same along with a demand draft for Rs. 2000.00 towards application form on or before the last date for admission as decided by the Admission Regulating Authority, Govt of Maharashtra
13. 3 DSIMS MMS Admission Process for Institute Level Seats
Admission to the Institute Level Seats will be carried out by the Institute in the following manner:
- Candidates are required to register through ARC for Institute Seats
- It is pre-requisite and mandatory to apply to the Competent Authority to be eligible for admission under this quota.
- After registering with ARC, candidates are required to apply to the Institute for admission.
- Admission form is available on our website. Fill in the application form and submit online.
- Down load the application form and submit the hard copy of the same along with a demand draft for Rs. 2000.00 towards application form and admission process fee on or before the last date for submission of admission form. Form received without application processing fee will not be considered for admission.
- Institute will carry out the admission for these seats strictly as per the Inter-se-Merit of the candidates who have applied to the Institution.
14. DSIMS Admission Process: Required Documents
All the applicants who get shortlisted for participating in the selection process are to submit one set of self-attested documents as per the following sequence at the time of Personal Interview.
- 10, 12, and Degree (Semester / Year wise) Mark Sheets and Certificate
- Aptitude Test (GMAT/ CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ CMAT/ MH-CET) Score Card, whichever is applicable
- Work Experience Certificate (If any)
- “Gap (IF ANY) Affidavit” (Period after Graduation till Admission Date)
- Photographs 2 Nos. – Stamp Size (Please write Name on the reverse side of the Photograph
- Aadhar Card
- The shortlisted applicants must provide original certificates for the verification.
- Original documents are required to be submitted at the time of admission
- All documents shall be verified by DSIMS Mumbai.
15. DSIMS Mumbai Cut Off
Although DSIMS Mumbai cut off is not officially announced and no minimum cut offs in the admission process for the DSIMS Mumbai have been prescribed, the expected DSIMS Mumbai cut offs may remain in a range of 80-85 percentile, depending upon the quality & number of applications received. The DSIMS cut off varies from year to year for PGDM.
Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies (DSIMS) was set up by Rajasthani Sammelan that has done unmatched service in the field of education in the commercial capital of India. The business school has been promoted to fulfill the dream of providing value based management education that would fulfill the needs of all the stakeholders. With generous donations offered by Shri Mahavirprasad G. Saraf, Rajasthani Sammelan has set up DSIMS, a world class management and post-graduate institute that will be a centre of excellence in post graduate education, research & consultancy. The institute has been named after Shri Mahavirprasadji’s mother, Late Smt. Durgadevi Saraf.
The Management of the Institute believes that effective governance is the key to providing quality education. In order to meet this aim the staff contributes towards academic and non academic activities of the institute. This empowerment propels the staff to provide every student a high quality learning experience.
In a short span of few years, DSIMS has won many accolades because of its pragmatic curriculum architecture. Its research oriented faculty team has designed curricula of different programs with high level of corporate input which enable the DSIMS management students to maintain their supremacy in the corporate world.
The Institute aims at providing professional management education to students & thereby provides highly motivated & skilled management professionals to the industry. The program architecture is designed and developed taking into consideration the quality, curriculum and pedagogy
DSIMS has received ISO certification for Quality Management Education by Lloyd's Register LRQA. DSIMS has won Asia's 100 Best & Fastest Growing Management Institute organized by WCRC Leaders, Asia Edition. DSIMS has been awarded 'Fastest Growing Private Education Institute 2012-13' in the 'Business School' category Process Advisors & Evaluators-KPMG in India. Admission is open Durga Devi Saraf Institute of Management Studies PGDM 2022-24 Admissions 2021 - Apply Now
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on Durga Devi Saraf Institute of Management Studies (DSIMS) Mumbai