MBA admission 2023 at MET Institute of Management, Mumbai is open for all categories of candidates –Maharashtra domicile as well as All India category candidates. MET offers industry relevant 2 years full time and 3 years part time management programmes along with Ph.D programme and Mumbai University MMS programmes. The admission is through MH-CET, CMAT, XAT, CAT, ATMA, GMAT, MAT followed by final selection process. Application process for admission 2023 is open for next few days. MET Mumbai Admission Open - Apply Now
At MET, MBA students are treated as managers under training. Training is imparted round-the-clock, seven days a week. Projects and assignments are given utmost importance and students learn on the job. Application oriented knowledge, garnered in the lecture halls, is applied to industry assignments. The faculty spares no effort to make the students razor sharp, so they make their mark in the corporate world.
There are about 21 MET institutes housed in the state of the art campuses located in Mumbai and Nashik. At MET learning is delivered through modern infrastructure and academic rigour. MET Institutes have affiliations to the University of Mumbai, Directorate of Technical Education, All India Council of Technical Education, MSBTE, Pharmacy Council of India, C-DAC - Ministry of Communications and Information Technology and The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), London. MET also has strategic institutional collaborations with the NCC Education, UK and ICE Creative Excellence Pvt. Ltd. (Founded by Balaji Telefilms Ltd.)
Read below MET Mumbai Key USPs, Bouquet of programs offered, MET Mumbai Fee, program intake, placements, admission process and more
Table of Contents
- MET Institute of Management Mumbai: USPs
- MET Mumbai Fees, Programs offered, Seats
- MET Management Programs: Outcomes
- MET Institute of Management Placements
- MET Institute of Management Mumbai: Program Highlights
- MET Mumbai Eligibility Criteria & Admission Process 2023
1. MET Institute of Management: USPs
- 1.1 Recognized by Mumbai University: A University of Mumbai recognized Institute, MET Institute of Management is India’s leading B-School and one of the top MBA Colleges in Mumbai
- 1.2 Ranking & Awards: MET Institute of Management is ranked # 61 in MBAUniverse.com B-School Rankings 2023 amongst top MBA colleges in India. It is ranked 4th Best B-School in Mumbai, 28th Best B-School All India and 15th amongst Top West B-Schools by the Times B-School Survey 2022. Ranked 9th in the Times Top Institutes of West India Survey 2020 across Western and Central India.
- 1.3 Bouquet of Industry Relevant Management Programs: MET Institute of Management offers wide range of Industry relevant MBA/PGDM programs alongwith Mumbai University MMS program
- 1.4 Moderate Fee: MET Mumbai MMS and PGDM program fee is in the range of Rs.3 lakhs to 11 lakhs depending upon the programme you opt for. Details below
- 1.5 Strong Placements: MET Institute of Management registers strong Placements. Average Salary in Placement 2022 was Rs. 8 LPA and the Highest Salary was Rs.15.50 LPA
- 1.6 Top Recruiters: Reputed companies participate in MET Placement process. Some of the top recruiters include HDFC, DHL, NSE, Publicis Media, Aranca, JIO, FCBULKA, The Guardians, IDFC FIRST Bank, IndusInd Bank, Edelweiss, Colgate-Palmolive, ZEE, The Times Group, Axis Bank, TV18, JIO, Kotak, Deloitte, CRISIL, Croma, Byjus, Acuris among others
- 1.7 International Partnerships: MET Mumbai has unique partnership with the Chartered Insurance Institute, London and NCC Education, UK. For uMBA programme, MET Mumbai has collaborated with Manhattan Institute of Management at New York, EAE Business School in Spain, BHMS at Switzerland and TASA Asia to shape Indian & Global Youth to meet Challenges of VUCA Business Syndrome
- 1.8 MET Pedagogic Innovations: The vision of MET is to be an Institute of choice, which creates globally relevant management professionals. The programme is designed to empower management professionals, with the latest applications, offereing conceptual and experiential learning. MET has the best e-enabled state-of-the-art infrastructural facilities and focuses on delivery of lifelong learning skills to build critical professional competencies. MET has futuristic e-driven pedagogy and modules deliver e-commerce, IT and digital skills.
2. MET Mumbai Fees, Programmes offered, Seats
Following programs are offered by MET Institute of Management Mumbai. Apart from these, other programmes in eMBA category are also offered. Read MET program Fees, Program wise Seats as detailed below:
MET Mumbai Programme Name
MET MBA/PGDM Fees
2 Years full time PGDM e-Business
2 Years full time PGP EMBA (Post Graduate Programme in Empowered Management and Business Administration)
Rs. 6.40 lakhs
2 Years PGP in Strategic Business Analytics (PGP SBA))
Rs. 6.40 lakhs
2 Years full time Post Graduate Diploma in Management - PGDM (Media & Entertainment)
2 Years full time PGP EMBA-Insurance
Rs. 7.00 lakhs
2 Years PGP uMBA – Post Graduate Programme in Universal Management and Business Administration
Varying Fee structure
2 Years Full Time MMS Degree affiliated to Mumbai University
3 Years Part Time MMS Degree (HRDM/FM/MM/IM)
Rs.2.25 lakhs (Under Revision)
2.1 Specializations Offered
MET Mumbai offers specialization in the areas of Finance, HRM, IT & Systems, Analytics, Operations, Sales & Marketing, Insurance among others.
3. MET Management Programs: Outcomes
On completion of management programs from MET Institute of Management Mumbai, you can expect to have earned a good management skill and knowledge in following areas
- Acquisition of management knowledge
- Ability to frame, analyze and solve complex management problems
- Capability to design and develop management systems
- Skilled in using modern technology & tools
- Demonstrating sensitivity towards environment and sustainability
- Practicing ethics and life management skills
- Leadership skills & Teamwork
- Communicating effectively
- Efficiently managing projects
- Engaging in lifelong learning and research
- Being innovative & entrepreneurial
- Creating awareness of the risk factors and making decisions
4. MET Institute of Management Placements
MET Institute of Management has a consistent record of good placements. The average salary in placement 2022 was Rs. 8+ LPA while the highest salary was Rs.15.50 LPA.
Top recruiters include HDFC, DHL, NSE, Publicis Media, Aranca, JIO, FCBULKA, The Guardians, IDFC FIRST Bank, IndusInd Bank, Edelweiss, Colgate-Palmolive, ZEE, The Times Group, Axis Bank, TV18, JIO, Kotak, Deloitte, CRISIL, Croma, Byjus, Acuris among others
5. MET Institute of Management Mumbai: Program Highlights
Each Management program offered by MET Institute of Management Mumbai is carefully crafted to meet the industry demands and career goals of the students. Key program wise highlights of MET PGDM/MMS courses are shared below
5.1 PGDM (e-Business) at MET Institute
The PGDM (e-Business) programme is shifted to new MET Institute - MET Institute of Post Graduate Diploma in Management. PGDM (e-Business) aims to create a professional and innovative learning environment that focuses on creating IT professionals that effectively blend technology and management.
PGDM program at MET is ranked as a top PGDM course in Mumbai. It was launched in the year 2007. Since then, desire to get into one of the best B-schools in India has been driving Engineering, BBA, BMS, BCom, BMM & Pharma graduates alike from all over the country to MET.
MET strongly believes that the whole world is an IT professional's workplace. In the midst of a well-stocked library, highly equipped computer laboratories with top-of-the-line hardware and software, and through interactive sessions with dedicated faculty who are experts in their own fields of specialisation, students are not just technically nurtured but are also professionally groomed. In participation with the Mumbai University, MET has an association with the Tianjin University, China & the Hawaii University.
5.1.1 Unique Features of MET PGDM (e-Business)
- Flexible and adaptable course structure to match the evolving market - Business Analytics, E-Commerce etc.
- Developing knowledge and skills that bridges the education-employment gap.
- Superior industrial curriculum and industrial expertise.
- Trains you to be insightful managers of the future.
- Rich academic environment to provide a competitive edge.
- Nurturing entrepreneurship with zeal to excel.
- Industry Academia Partnership
PGDM (e-Business) at MET is more than an MBA since its content and pedagogy empowers budding managers with technological tools and understanding besides honing their managerial prowess. It is evident by the fact that a few thousand MET PGDM alumni are gainfully employed in senior positions in leading corporate houses, making their presence felt, and many being successful entrepreneurs too.
MET is a leading PGDM College in Mumbai offering all main specialisations like in Finance, Marketing, Operations, Human Relations Management and Systems. AICTE approved PGDM program at MET offers latest course content which is best delivered using traditional and innovative pedagogy including - Focus Groups, Innovative Projects, Role Plays, Research, Live Projects, Case Studies, Industry Interaction Modules, Mentoring by Alumni, Seminars, Conferences, Workshops, Industry Visits etc.
Learning is further augmented by best infrastructure facility that includes wifi campus, e-enabled libraries that dock 40000 book and hundreds of journals and magazines besides access of thousands of online databases, journals and e-books and videos of management practices.
5.2 PGP in Strategic Business Analytics (PGP SBA) at MET Mumbai
Post Graduate Program in Strategic Business Analytics (PGP SBA) is an autonomous two-year intensive flagship program at MET AMDC. Key highlights of the programme are
- The programme is spread across four certificate options and offers specializations in Marketing Analytics, Finance Analytics and Human Resources Analytics besides giving a holistic view and in depth analytical capability in core area of Management
- PGP-SBA appeals more to business-oriented students and is less technical than data science or data analytics specialization
- The programme is specifically designed for graduates from any field who wish to join the big data revolution and do not have coding or information technology knowledge
- PGP-SBA is a judicious mix of managerial and analytics subjects.
- It equips the students with necessary skill that deals with how to collect, manage and analyze business-related data.
- Strategic Business Analytics is a rapidly expanding discipline that investigates techniques of understanding data within an organization in order to strengthen decision-making.
- Analytics expertise enables companies to analyze the data they have and also the data they need in order to understand the health and future of the enterprise.
- As part of the mission to create professionals, MET emphasizes upon the new data savvy management opportunities which focus on the below mentioned areas:
- Data driven business management and strategic analytics
- Digital transformation and humanising technology
- User experience design, immersive experience and design thinking
- Life management skills, managing change and dynamic leadership
- Business communication, self-awareness and emotionally intelligent communication
- Coping-up and reinventing organization for growth
- Managing human capital and administration
- Managing strategy and innovation
5.3 PGP EMBA (Post Graduate Programme in Empowered Management and Business Administration)
Post Graduate Programme in Empowered Management & Business Administration (PGP EMBA) is an autonomous two-year intensive flagship program at MET AMDC. Key programme highlights are:
- Spread across four certificates and offering specializations in Marketing, Finance and Human Resources
- The program structure of the PGP EMBA is designed to give students the best in industry exposure helping them become the leaders of tomorrow, in the specialisation of their choice
- The program has dynamic curriculum at par with changes in the VUCA world and requires needs for improvement in virtual communication skills, personal ebranding technology proficiency, data driven thinking , domain knowledge basics, flexibility and adaptable attitude of the MBA graduates
- This program is complemented with newer and innovative teaching methods, pedagogy which are necessary to address employability requirements of the industry.
- Curriculum for the new world beyond regular MBA syllabus for dynamic business environment Hands-on and Application Orientation
- Entrepreneurial aspirations and preparedness for the same
- Placement assistance and training
5.4 PGDM (Media & Entertainment)
With the Indian government setting up aspirational growth targets, Media & Entertainment industry in India is poised for exponential growth. Recently, in a report by Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), the Indian Media & Entertainment industry is estimated to be valued at USD 2729 billion in 2022 and is poised to grow to USD 5565 billion by 2030. Rising demand for professionals with specialized skills in fields like social media marketing, content creation, and digital advertising has been seen evidently signalling that there is going to be a significant growth curve ahead of us in the overall Media & Entertainment. Graduates of this program will be able to contribute in the areas of Advertising, Digital Media, Events, Public Relations, Film and Television, OTT and Overall Marketing.
MET Institute of PGDM presents a specialized program, Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) in Media & Entertainment, created for people who want to work in this fast paced and growing industry. This specialised MBA will give students a thorough understanding of the media and entertainment industry as well as the skills and knowledge they'll need to succeed as professionals in this unique industry. Key programme highlights are:
- An extensive range of topics related to the media and entertainment industry are covered in the two-year PGDM in Media & Entertainment program.
- Media management, advertising and brand management, event management, public relations, digital media, storytelling, film, television & OTT production, and scriptwriting are some of the main topics covered in this program.
- The curriculum includes practical projects and hands-on training, allowing students to apply what they have learned in class to actual situations through live projects, industry projects, summer internships and more
- Programme offers Business & Management Education expertise
- Transformative pedagogy with a holistic approach based on the 3 A’s of Contemporary Media Education – ‘Acquire, Assemble and Apply’
- State of the art infrastructure with fully functional class rooms, library and well equipped in-house studio complex with shooting floor, edit suite and audio room
- A dedicated career management center to oversee learner experience journey from admission process to student life to certification and beyond
- MET alumni status with an access to the prestigious mega alumni portal for professional networking and opportunities across domains
5.5 MET uMBA - Post Graduate Programme in Universal Management and Business Administration
MET Mumbai offers uMBA at Asian Management Development Centre. The uMBA is a specialized Post Graduate Program that brings you the Indian Expertise and the American Way-Of-Learning-And-Life. The program is a combination of solid theory, case-study methodology, international experiences and corporate exposure integrated in a systematic way. Key programme highlights are:
- It focusses to developing your Conviction, Confidence & Commitment and creating responsible, reliable, and effective business leaders that have an edge over competition in the dynamic environment.
- This programme styled as UNIVERSAL MBA is a unique offering drawing synergy from the chosen global programs of MET at Mumbai, Manhattan Institute of Management at New York, EAE Business School in Spain, BHMS at Switzerland and TASA Asia to shape Indian & Global Youth to meet Challenges of VUCA Business Syndrome.
- The uMBA is an autonomous qualification awarded by MET AMDC to the students on successful completion of Diploma in Business Administration from MIM, USA and Master's in International Business Administration from EAE, Spain or MBA & M.Sc. Global Business Management from BHMS, Switzerland and RGU & York St. John University, UK.
- Uniquely Universal MBA- Your Passport to International Career: The uMBA Program is co-developed by institutes from India, USA & Europe with their own industry credibility internationally. You can expect an accelerated and a global career-path as you graduate.
- Study in Mumbai, New York & Switzerland: The uMBA Program provides you experiential core learning with a global exposure at the Globally Important Business Hubs. Your study experience at these locations can make a world of a difference in your resume.
- Paid Internship at New York/Switzerland: The uMBA Program provides you with hands-on experience to sharpen the business knowledge, at New York/Switzerland. You get paid during your internship, while you get a chance to showcase your work-skills.
- One Program with 5 Certifications: The uMBA Program comes with best features, and a no less-than 5 certification possibilities. You can expect certifications from MIM, BHMS, TASA Asia, Employer certificate and MET (Final uMBA), as you keep completing stages of the programme.
5.6 Mumbai University MMS at MET Mumbai
Master of Management Studies (MMS) at MET Mumbai is a 2 year, full-time, post-graduate programme affiliated to the University of Mumbai and Approved by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) & All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
The Master of Management Studies is a comprehensive Post Graduate Degree programme that aims to develop students into sharp and successful managers. MET students undergo case studies, live-projects, role-play, paper presentations, discussions, brain storming exercises etc. to sharpen the area between their ears. The programme results in excellent placement opportunities.
5.7 Three Year Part Time MMS Degree (HRDM/FM/MM/IM)
Three-year, part-time MMS Degree programmes are affiliated to Mumbai University. The part-time MMS programmes enable executives to pursue advanced studies in their chosen area of specialisation viz. Human Resource Development, Finance, Marketing and Information – with a view to enhancing career prospects. Programme wise highlights are shared below:
5.7.1 Three Year Part-Time MMS Degree Programme (Marketing Management) - The programme covers all the related areas of Marketing, including Public Sector Marketing. It seeks to develop an integrated top management perspective that is necessary for marketing executives, to move into top-level general management positions. Candidates seeking admissions to this programme must have practical experience in any of the following related areas: Marketing Planning, Sales Management, Marketing Research, Distribution, Public Relations, Advertising, Export Marketing and Applied Economics.
5.7.2 Three Year Part-Time MMS Degree Programme (Finance Management) - The programme covers all related areas of Finance and Accounting, with emphasis on managerial applications. Candidates with experience in Finance or related areas of Finance such as Management Audit, Internal Audit, Marketing Analysis and Economic Analysis will find this programme useful.
5.7.3: Three Year Part-Time MMS Degree Programme (Human Resource Development Management) - The objective of this programme is to prepare executives for top-level Human Resources positions, in public or private sector organisations. The emphasis will therefore be on developing a proper role perception of Human Resource Development in the Indian context, by exposing them, in-depth, to a wide range of relevant areas. This will give them the confidence necessary to interact with people at all levels and develop Human Resource skills for translating policies into action effectively. Candidates with executive experience in Human Resource Development related fields in a private/public organisation, government etc. will find this programme useful.
5.7.4: Three Year Part-Time MMS Degree Programme (Information Management) - The programme aims to impart to students the requisite skills to pursue careers in Software Management, Software Project Management, IT Consultancy and System Analysis. It emphasises a system-oriented approach, integrating the different topics in IT and systems, such as Structured Languages, Web-based Technologies, Networking, Project Management and also management related topics like e-Business, ERP, Knowledge Management, IT Strategies and CRM. Candidates with executive experience and adequate domain knowledge would find the programme extremely relevant, since it will help them undertake managerial responsibilities in the IT industry
6. MET Mumbai Eligibility Criteria: Programme wise Eligibility and Admission Process
Below is shared the eligibility criteria and admission process for the PGDM and MMS programmes offered at MET Mumbai
6.1 PGDM e-Business Eligibility & Admission Process
- Passed with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in any Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration (in any discipline) from a university recognised by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Those who are appearing for final year/semester examination can also apply. However, they must produce documentary evidence of having passed the examination, on or before the commencement of the programme failing which their admission will be liable for cancellation.
- Proficiency in MS Office is a prerequisite.
6.1.1 Admission Process
Applicants will be selected on the basis of Written Exam Score (MH-CET, CMAT, XAT, CAT, ATMA, GMAT, MAT) + Aptitude Questions and Statement of Purpose – SOP on video (Online Interview only if required) + Academics Performance + Other Parameters
6.1.2 Selection Procedure
The applicant must submit the prescribed application form along with necessary certificates on or before the due date.
The selection will be done on the basis of:
- Scholastic record
- The level and nature of work experience
- Performance in the selection programme conducted by the Institute.
- The list of selected candidates will be declared on MET website.
6.2 Post Graduate Program in Strategic Business Analytics (PGP SBA) Eligibility & Admission Process
6.2.1 Eligibility Criteria
- A graduate in any discipline from a recognised university
- Those who are appearing for the final examination can also apply. However, they must produce documentary evidence of having passed the examination, on or before the commencement of the programme, failing which their admission will be liable for cancellation and their fees will not be refunded.
- Proficiency in MS Office is a pre requisite.
6.2.2 Admission & Selection Process
- Apply Online
- Exam scores of MET – MCT, CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, ATMA, MAH-CET, GMAT acceptable
- Aptitude Questions and Statement of Purpose – SOP on video (Online Interview only if required)
- Academics Performance
- Other Parameters
- Online Personal Interviews (only if required) will be scheduled after successful submission of Online Application. This will be intimated by MET office via email/sms.
- Marks under any category shall be awarded only against relevant uploaded documents
- Admission will be confirmed only after verifying original documents
- Work Experience will be given preference
6.3 uMBA: Eligibility & Admission Process
To be a leader in providing structured knowledge platforms for students and professionals and to help them face challenges in the dynamic global environment, MET uMBA aims to shape professionals with relevant learning tools and processes and thereby position them at par excellence in the industry and meet exacting standards for the global workspace.
6.3.1 Eligibility Criteria
- A graduate in any discipline with 50% marks from a recognised university
- English Proficiency is a prerequisite. Students not having English as Native / First Language / Medium of Learning (in last 3 years) to submit proof of English Proficiency. Valid IELTS Score of 5.5 or above required (other English proficiency test scores at equivalent level also accepted)
6.3.2 Admission & Selection Process
- Apply Online
- Exam scores of MET – MCT, CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, ATMA, MAH-CET, GMAT, GRE acceptable
- All students to submit an Statement of Purpose (SoP), an essay of 400-500 words, defining their own reasons to join the uMBA Program
- You will be required to pass through an e-Interview to be considered for admission to uMBA.
6.4 MMS at MET Mumbai: Eligibility and Selection Process
6.4.1 Eligibility for MMS
Graduate with minimum 50% of marks in the aggregate (45% for Reserved Category). Students appearing for Final year can also apply.
6.4.2 Eligibility for part time MMS programmes
Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognised university with Minimum 2 years work experience at supervisory / executive level, after graduation (The 2 year period is calculated from the date of final examination at the degree level.)
6.4.3 Admission process for Masters in Marketing Management (MMS)
- The admissions to the MMS programme are governed by the selection procedure as described in the “Information Brochure – Directorate of Technical Education Maharashtra State, Mumbai – MAH-MBA/MMS” which is issued every year by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Government of Maharashtra.
- The students who are allotted MET Institute of Management are required to produce the required certificates in Original and 3 sets of Photocopies duly attested and two passport size photographs. The Blood Group must be mentioned in the form at the time of admission
6.4.4 Admission process for MMM/MFM/MHRDM/MIM
- Obtain Application Form and Prospectus, available at MET in cash or DD payable at Mumbai in favour of 'MET's Institute of Management' or pay online.
- Fill the Application Form and submit the same with necessary documents (mentioned in the Prospectus).
- Appear for the Selection Procedure on scheduled date.
6.4.5 Final Selection Procedure
1. The applicant must submit the prescribed application form along with necessary certificates on or before the due date.
2. The applicant must appear for the selection programme on the date of Entrance Exam.
3. The selection programme will consist of a Written Test (WT), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI). The WT, GD and PI will be conducted on the same day.
4. The final selection will be done on the basis of:
- Scholastic record
- The level and nature of practical experience and
- Performance in the selection programme conducted by the Institute.
5. The list of selected candidates will be declared on MET website.
The MET League of Colleges is a conglomerate of premiere educational institutions, driven by a single-minded focus on imparting quality education to make students sharp. Established in 1989, with a mission to redefine the system of education, Mumbai Educational Trust (MET) is a professionally managed, multi-disciplinary and multi-faceted oasis of knowledge. Its educational institutes conduct university accredited and autonomous courses. MET has been granted the ISO 9001:2015 certification which is an acknowledgement of the institution's capability to deliver professional education that meets the high standards of professionalism worldwide.
Hope this article on MET Institute of Management Mumbai is useful to you while exploring MBA admission 2023 in best B-schools. The Admission at MET Mumbai is open
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on MET Institute of Management, Mumbai