PGDM Admission 2020 at the National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM) Faridabad, an autonomous institution of Ministry of Finance, Government of India is open now!
The National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM), now known as The Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management (AJNIFM) is a Center of Excellence specializing in capacity building of professionals in the fields of Public Policy, Financial Management and other governance issues for promoting highest standards of professional competence and practice. NFIM functions under the aegis of NFIM registered society under Ministry of Finance, Government of India. Admission Open - Apply Now
NIFM was set up in 1993 and to begin with, it was mandated to train the officers recruited by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) through the Civil Services Examination and allocated to the various services responsible for managing senior and top management posts dealing with accounts and finance in the Government of India. In due course of time, NIFM has become a premier resource centre to meet the training needs of the Central Government for their senior and middle level officers.
The Union Finance Minister of Government of India is the President of the NIFM Society and Secretary (Expenditure), Government of India is the Chairman of the Board of Governors (BoG). NIFM has a distinct advantage of an amalgamation of faculty from academics, industry experts and Government.
Following programs are offered by NIFM Faridabad:
- 2 years Full Time Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Finance) for fresh graduates
- 2 years Full Time Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Financial Management) for middle & senior level officers
- Professional Training Course
- Diploma in Government Accounting & Internal Audit
- Fellow Programme in Management
- Short Term Management Development Programme
The PGDM Finance at National Institute of Financial Management is a unique financial sector-centric Two Year Post Graduate Diploma program. Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Finance) at NIFM is a two year full time residential AICTE approved programme. This programme is open to fresh graduates as well as experienced candidates desirous of a career in Financial Sector. The PGDM (Finance) has been designed with the objective of developing trained professionals in the financial sector capable of occupying positions of responsibility in regulatory bodies, market intermediaries, banks, mutual funds, asset management companies, stock exchanges, commodity exchanges and similar organisations in private and government sectors in their finance departments.
NIFM Admission 2020 is open for few days. NIFM will accept scores of CAT/XAT/CMAT/ MAT/ATMA/GMAT to shortlist candidates for final selection
- Set up as a registered society under Ministry of Finance, Government of India
- Institute is mandated to train the officers recruited by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) through the Civil Services Examination and allocated to the various services responsible for managing senior and top management posts dealing with accounts and finance in the Government of India
- Premier resource centre to meet the training needs of the Central Government for their senior and middle level officers
- Also caters to the State Governments, Defence establishments, Banks and other Financial Institutions for their training and research requirements
- Plays a pivotal role in governance and administrative reforms
- Apart from capacity building, NIFM is also engaged in serious research studies in the areas of accounting, audit, financial management, parliamentary financial control and other issues related to public policy and delivery systems
- The Union Finance Minister of GoI is the President of the NIFM Society and Secretary (Expenditure), Government of India is the Chairman of the Board of Governors (BoG)
- NIFM has a distinct advantage of an amalgamation of faculty from academics, industry experts and Government
- Only one of its kind and leading Institute in the field of Financial Management to impart knowledge and training to senior level Government officials across the country in all the developing areas of the financial sector and new initiatives such as Fintech, Data Analytics, the Government e-Marketplace, GST, Advanced Public Procurement and other important areas in Finance.
- The presence of senior officer-trainees on campus also provides a parallel platform for interaction and multidirectional expansion of outlook for young minds.
PGDM Finance: Program Highlights
The 2 years PGDM (Finance) at NIFM is a unique program focused on grooming key management skills in the candidates. The key highlights are:
- AICTE approved program recognized as MBA equivalent by AIU
- The uniqueness of the program lies in its extensive use of finance professionals as resource persons for the program
- The Program focuses on Financial Analysis, Financial Modelling, financial products, Derivative Markets, Funds Management, Commodities, Big Data Analytics, Financial Markets and Risk Management
- Learning pedagogy for the program comprises classroom teaching, case studies, panel discussions, presentations and visits to national and international financial centres
- The students will get an opportunity to interact with the Regulators, Fund Managers, Industry Captains and other Market Participants from India and Abroad
- State of Art Financial Lab with data sourced on Real Time Basis by Global Financial Data Providers facilitate data mining, using analytical tools and testing them in formulating various financial strategies
- To hone their financial skills, the course participants will also undergo two mandatory internship / attachments in the financial sector
- The program offers an ideal blend of relevant academic knowledge of the entire financial sector and its application
- Skill development is given special emphasis by providing simulated live market conditions, trading and investment software to make students market ready
- For the effective delivery of the program, the Institute facilitates the participants towards application of Information Technology in various paradigms of IT interfaced learning by designing the curriculum accordingly, so as to cover the entire functional areas of the financial sector with focus on modern practices.
The PGDM (Finance) provides participants with a wide range of career opportunities like Investment Banker, Financial Planning & Wealth Manager, Analyst - Equity / Technical / F&O / MFs / Commodity / Forex Operations / Portfolio Management/ Back / Front Office Operations /Banking Operations and Credit Analysis / Trade Finance / Credit Rating & Information / Surveillance / Compliance / Regulation Manager /Teaching / e-Learning & Content Development / Financial Journalism / Risk Manager
Programme Fee & Intake
NIFM PGDM Finance program fee structure is as follows:
Fee (Rs. in Lakhs)
2 Years Full Time PGDM (Finance)
NIFM Faridabad offers placement assistance for its students. The institute has recorded good placement packages over the years. Placement 2019 has recorded average salary at Rs.5 LPA while the highest salary has gone up to Rs.10 LPA.
Top Recruiters at NIFM include Bombay Stock Exchange, Thomson Reuters, Multi Commodity Exchange, National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange, Moody’s Analytics, SBI Mutual Fund, FundsIndia, DHFL Pramerica, SMS Global, UTI Mutual Fund, Future First, L&T Financial Services among others.
Eligibility Criteria for PGDM Finance Admission 2020
- Graduation with 50% Marks in Aggregate
- Preference would be given to the participants having Professional Qualifications such as CA, CS, CWA, CFA, BE/B. Tech
- Must have qualified in any one of the all India Common Admission Test i.e. CAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, MAT or GMAT and submit the valid test score not more than 2 year old.
- Upper age limit is 30 years on the date of commencement of the programme.
How to Apply:
- Download Application Form from NIFM website
- Fill up form, paste a photo, pay application fee of Rs. 1000/-(either online /NEFT/IMPS or through Demand Draft. Bank Details are given on Application Form)
- Completed Application form along with requisite scanned copy of documents (10th, 12th, Graduation Certificate along with Score card of CAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, MAT OR GMAT) can be mailed to email id: [email protected] or can be sent through post or can be handed over to- Parvesh Malik, PGDM (Finance), National Institute of Financial Management, (An Institute of Ministry of Finance, Government of India), Sector-48, Pali Road, Faridabad-121001 (Haryana)
- Final selection will be based on academic profile, entrance test score, personal interview among other parameters
NIFM has its own campus spread on 42 acres of greenery, adjacent to the Badhkal Lake at Faridabad on the outskirts of the National capital. This houses the main institute building, student accommodation, mess and a sports complex, with all modern day facilities. The campus also houses faculty and staff quarters. Green lawns and open spaces covering over eighty percent of the campus provide an additionally enriched atmosphere for learning and imbibing the ever changing financial evolution with life-turning experiences which enables the students to reach new heights in their professional life.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM), Faridabad