Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM) Nashik is open with its application process for MBA admission 2024 and will accept only SNAP 2023 score for final selection of candidates. SIOM institute is dedicated to Operations Management education and is the only one of its kind in India with the mission to empower and lead operations excellence. SIOM Nashik also offers MBA Agri-Operations Management programme.
Sharing the SIOM dedication for excellence, Dr Vandana Sonwaney, Director, SIOM, said “SIOM has grown into an Operations Excellence hub catering to Industry and Academia needs in the Operations Domain. Being Industry relevant is core to SIOM’s deliverables. Join SIOM to learn the latest from one of the Best in Operations.”
Set up in 2005, Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik is a constituent management college of Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune. SIOM has crafted for itself a niche position by adopting a MBA curriculum specialized in Operations Management. With a vision to empower and lead Operations Excellence, SIOM strives to produce potential leaders with a great technical, practical, analytical and people skills. As businesses are moving towards a more sustainable model, business operations are becoming an integral part of strategic business decisions. Keeping this industrial metamorphosis in mind, Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nasik is redefining the boundaries of operations excellence since its inception. Today SIOM alumni are leading operations in all major sectors. The institute has established a seamless value chain of providing ready, talent to industry in predefined areas.
SIOM offers admission exclusively to engineers for its MBA Operations Management programme and to graduates from all disciplines for MBA Agri-Operations Management. The MBA degree for SIOM students is awarded by Symbiosis International University.
Since SIOM Nashik MBA Admission 2024 is based only SNAP exam score, its admission process has opened with the opening of SNAP registration process. The last date to apply for SNAP 2023 exam is November 23, 2023 and the last date to apply for SIOM Nashik MBA admission 2024 is January 5, 2024. Read this article to know the key USPs of SIOM Nashik and all about its application and selection process, fee, placements and more.
Table of Contents
In this article, we shall cover:
- SIOM Nashik: Key Highlights and USPs
- SIOM’s Industry Centric Pedagogic Approach
- SIOM Nashik Director: Dr Vandana Sonwaney
- SIOM Nashik MBA Programmes offered
- SIOM MBA Programs: Specializations Offered
- SIOM Nashik Fees
- SIOM Nashik Seats
- SIOM Placement 2023
- SIOM Admission Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply for SIOM Admission 2024? SIOM Application Process
- SIOM Admission Dates for MBA 2024-26 Batch
- SIOM Admission Criteria 2024: Key Points
- SIOM Cutoffs
- How to Improve SIOM Admission Chances – Tips from SIOM Director
- Let us start with why you should consider and to apply for SIOM Nashik admission alongwith other top B-schools.
1. SIOM Nashik: Key Highlights & USPs
- 1.1 India’s Only Operations Management Institute: SIOM is India's only institute dedicated to Operations Management, constituted with a vision of Empowering and Leading Operations Excellence. SIOM imparts value based educational skills which chisels engineers into outstanding business techno- professionals atop the current competitive markets.
- 1.2 Approvals & Recognitions: SIOM Nashik is a constituent B-school of Symbiosis International University (SIU), Pune. The university is ranked # 32 amongst the top 200 Universities in India in the NIRF Rankings 2023. SIU is also ranked among top 201 - 250 Universities in Asia in Time Higher Education Asia University Ranking 2023 and is Ranked no. 78 in QS Asia University Rankings 2023 – Southern Asia. SIU is UGC recognized and NAAC Accredited University. MBA degree at SIOM Nashik is conferred under the aegis of SIU Pune.
- 1.3 SIOM Nashik Ranking: Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik is ranked #50 in MBAUniverse.com B-School Ranking 2023 among top management institutes and is ranked #38 in Overall Top B Schools of India and 20th in Top 100 Private B schools in Business Today B school survey 2023.
- 1.4 Quality Education of Global Standard: SIOM is founded on the vision of promoting international understanding through quality education and develops global competencies, encourages entrepreneurship, enhances employability amongst students.
- 1.5 Producing Corporate Leaders: SIOM nurtures the students’ mindset and skills so that they master the ability to manage ambitious corporate growth by achieving cost excellence, acquiring market excellence rapidly, strengthening and customizing design and building global/regional operating footprints. SIOM produces potential leaders with broad knowledge by inculcating practical and analytical skills.
- 1.6 SIOM MBA Fees as Compared to Other Top B-schools: SIOM 2 years MBA Operations Management fees is Rs.17.62 lakhs. The fee is much lower than the fee of most B-schools including IIMs, SIBM Pune; SCMHRD Pune; MDI Gurgaon which have a fee structure of Rs.21 to Rs.25 lakhs
- 1.7 Strong SIOM Placements 2023: SIOM Nashik has a consistent strong placement record. Placement 2023 recorded 24% rise in highest salary at Rs.30 LPA and 16% jump in Average Salary at Rs.14.35 LPA
- 1.8 Top Recruiters: 36 marquee companies made placement offers to students of MBA 2021-23 batch. Some of the top recruiters include Accenture, McKinsey, Deloitte, GEP, Capgemini, EY, Genpact, General Mills, IBM, Novartis, Texas Instruments among others
- 1.9 Top Consultancy Companies Among Regular Recruiters: SIOM attracts top consultancy firms like Mckinsey, PWC, KPMG, and Deloitte, apart from the regular Manufacturing, FMCG, E Commerce, Pharmaceutical and Banking and Finance sector companies who compete for recruiting the best operations professionals from SIOM.
- 1.10 Award Winning Dynamic Industry Relevant Curriculum: SIOM dynamic course curriculum helps in brazing the students along with the global framework. Continuous updating of curriculum goes on in consultation with the corporate mentors.
- 1.10.1 SIOM has earned several awards & recognitions for its curriculum including "B-School with the Best Industry related Curriculum in Operations Management", "B-School Excellence Award for Innovative, Modern and Industry related Curriculum", B School award for Industry related curriculum in Operations” Business School with Best Academic input (Syllabus) in Operations & Manufacturing, Procurement Excellence Awards, conferred by institutions like ET Now, Bloomberg UTV, Dainik Bhaskar, BSA Business School Affaire & Dewang Mehta Business School Awards by CPO Forum India since 2009 year on year.
- 1.10.2 Inclusion of subjects like Sustainable Supply chain, Circular economy, Circular Design thinking, Theory of constraints and a credit course in CSR projects is a strategic move to ensure holistic development of students.
2. SIOM’s Industry Centric Pedagogic Approach
Apart from regular class room sessions, SIOM pedagogic approach includes Project Based learning wherein students complete the live industry Projects. The pedagogy includes case studies and presentations. Aiming at delivering globally competent managers, some of the salient features of pedagogy at SIOM Nashik include following initiatives
- 2.1 SAP–ERP: SIOM under University Alliance Programme with SAP ACC from Victoria University, Australia provides in house SAP-ERP training to students through SAP trained faculties on various modules.
- 2.2 Six Sigma: The Six Sigma Black belt certification, by KPMG and Project Based Learning are unique interventions at SIOM. It chisells ambitious corporate readiness of the students apart from the mundane live projects, case studies or Summer Internships. Six Sigma black belt is a most industry awaited engagement for SME’s and MSME’s of Nasik as students work on actual process related and efficiency based problems of these manufacturing and service companies helping them avoid huge losses every year.
- 2.3 Project Based learning: It is one of its kind initiative where a long term live project is sought from the company. This is in lieu of a subject so students can fully concentrate on the project and complete it on time.
- 2.4 Co-curricular Learning Activities: Value added and enrichment courses are offered through various platforms. These form an important supplementary part of mainstream learning.
- 2.5 Workshops: Workshops for skills development or in-depth inputs of subjects which may or may not be a part of the course structure are organized
- 2.6 Alumni Engagement, Guest Lectures / CEO Meets: SIOM invites its prominent Alumni as guest speakers. Alumni Interactions and Industry Interface has increased manifolds through virtual platform. Heads of Corporate / CEOs of companies are invited to share their experiences with the students to impart practical insights and relevance of subjects. Institute events are hosted to create industry-academia interaction platforms like HR Summit, Tattv which help students to get real life learning from industry experts
- 2.7 Industry visits: Industry visits are arranged during Semester. Every student visits at least one company to have an exposure to the Manufacturing / Operations / Retail / Service / Quality sectors / Industries in and around Nashik.
- 2.8 Outward Bound Learning (OBL): OBL is to foster learning and camaraderie through management games and simulations in natural surroundings
- 2.9 Community outreach projects: Students are assigned a specific and time bound community project as one credit course to enhance sensitivity towards the societal environment in which we live and imbibe citizenship values
- 2.10: Entrepreneurship: An active E-Cell, attempts to instil entrepreneurial acumen into interested students, while the consultancy club facilitates hands on practice of consultancy through various projects with strong industry connect.
Emphasizing the importance of the various certifications in improving the skills of the students, Dr. Sonwaney said, “Students are encouraged for various certifications related to SCM and Operations from apex bodies in the field.”
3. SIOM Nashik Director: Dr Vandana Sonwaney
Dr. Vandana Sonwaney, the founding member of Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM), is its Director for 14 years. Her passion for teaching and impeccable expertise in curriculum development has transformed SIOM into the operations hub that it is today. She has worked for a decade with various multinational brands in the FMCG and services sector with profiles in brand liquidation, Logistics service enhancement, S&OP, and SCM. After a long stint in the industry, Prof. Vandana started her own consulting firm in corporate research services where she completed numerous assignments for Paints, Logistics, Insurance, Manufacturing and Public Service industry. Her PhD in management contributed to insights in talent profile mapping and competency development during the early LPG era.
Dr. Vandana Sonwaney was conferred with the "Outstanding B School Director Award" by Association of Indian Management Scholars International at the 17th AIMS International Conference hosted by IIM Kozhikode in Jan 2020. This award comes to her in appreciation of her contribution in molding SIOM into one of India’s leading institutes for MBA in Operations. A registered Ph.D. guide in the area of Management, She was awarded the Best Professor in ‘Marketing Management’ by the 2nd Asia’s Best B- School Award in the year 2011 and served on the Advisory board of World Human Resource and Development Congress in Feb 2009. She is currently a member of Steering Council of the India Women Network (IWN) Maharashtra Chapter, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Maharashtra and has been recently inducted as a board member in the National Advisory Board of SME Chamber of India. She operates on the philosophy of creating and delivering value in society through impactful, quality, professionally enthusiastic yet humanistic education and dialogue
4. SIOM Nashik MBA Programmes offered
SIOM Nashik offers MBA (Operation Management) as its flagship programme. The Super specialised, industry acclaimed program in Operations management for Engineers makes it a distinct and exclusive programme. Recognizing the national need for Agri and allied Industries, which rely on smooth Supply chain and Operations for their success, SIOM also offers MBA programme in Agriculture Operations Management which was launched in academic year 2022-23. Below are shared the SIOM Program wise details with specializations offered
- 2 Years full time MBA Operations Management (MBA-OM)
- 2 Years full time MBA Agri-Operation Management (MBA-AOM)
5. SIOM MBA Programs: Specializations Offered
Program wise specializations offered by SIOM are as below:
5.1 Specializations offered in MBA Operations Management
The SIOM Operations Management specialization empowers each engineer with sharp engineering and scientific capabilities along with smart business management disciplines. The students are dressed to tackle planning, development, and implementation tribulations that their organization might confront. The curriculum deals with the topics such as Quality Management, Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Technology Management, Modelling Dynamic Systems, and Quality Management to meet the techno-managerial competency needs of the Manufacturing and Services sector in their various operations.
Sharing the uniqueness of SIOM Nashik MBA programme, Dr Sonwaney said, “SIOM’s MBA program in Operations management is based on a dynamic, updated and Industry relevant curriculum blended with appropriate Industry Interface, Inputs and associations at several fronts throughout the course” and added further, “Its dynamic course curriculum helps in brazing the students along with the global framework. Continuous updating of curriculum with the consent of corporate mentors and keeping abreast with the latest has been the trend at SIOM.”
5.2 Specializations Offered in MBA Agri-Operation Management (MBA-AOM)
The SIOM MBA in Agri-Operations Management (AOM) deals with Operations management topics with the flavour of Agro based Industries. Subjects include Agro commodity markets, Processing and Value Chain in Agriculture, Agri Supply Chain Management, Advances in Agriculture, Agro procurement Management, Warehouse Management and Quality Management for Agro Products and many more with managerial underpinnings. Impetus on Entrepreneurship is also one of the intents and hence project based learning in each semester is part of the programme structure.
MBA (Operations Management) is designed exclusively to meet the needs of operations expertise and competencies in Agri and allied sector that will cater to Agro based processing, Technology, Retailing, Ecommerce and Consulting.
6. SIOM Nasik MBA Fees
Below is shared MBA programme wise SIOM Nasik Fees
SIOM Nashik MBA Fees
MBA Operations Management (MBA-OM)
MBA Agri-Operation Management (MBA-AOM)
Hostel, Mess Fee and charges are extra
7. SIOM Nasik Seats
Below is shared MBA programme wise SIOM Nasik seats.
SIOM Nashik MBA Seats
MBA Operations Management (MBA-OM)
MBA Agri-Operation Management (MBA-AOM)
8. SIOM MBA Placements 2023
SIOM Nashik has recorded consistent high placements over the years. Placement 2023 recorded 24% rise in highest salary which has gone up at Rs.30 LPA and 16% rise in average salary which has gone up at Rs.14.35 LPA. Consultancy sector registered highest number of 61 offers accepted by students. Some of the job profiles are Sourcing and Procurement, Inventory Planning and forecasting, Logistics planning and Distribution, Strategy and Operations Consulting, Retail business Operations, Process Improvement and Optimization, Supplier performance management, Resource optimization and management, Supply Chain Finance, SCM risk Analysis, Capacity Planning, Operations Risk Analysis among others.
8.1 SIOM Placements 2023: Key Highlights
- 100% Placements 2023
- Average Salary goes up at Rs.14.35 LPA from Rs.12.38 LPA last year
- Highest Salary goes up at Rs.30 LPA from Rs.24.13 LPA last year
- Median Salary goes up at Rs.14 LPA from Rs.12.10 LPA last year
- Number of Companies in Placement 2023: 36
- Total Batch Size: 145 students
- No. of Students Placed: 145
- Top Recruiting Sector: Consulting with 42% Students Placed in it
- Top Recruiters: Accenture, McKinsey, Deloitte, GEP, Capgemini, EY, Genpact, General Mills, IBM, Novartis, Texas Instruments among others
- Top Consultancy Companies at SOIM Placements 2023: Mckinsey, PWC, KPMG, Deloitte,
9. SIOM Admission Eligibility Criteria
Key points in SIOM Eligibility criteria for MBA admission 2024 are as below
9.1 SIOM MBA Operations Management Eligibility for Admission
- To meet the SIOM admission eligibility criteria, the candidate must hold a minimum a bachelor’s degree in Engineering with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% for SC/ST)
- Graduate Engineers BE/ B Tech of any stream from statutory University are eligible to apply
- A candidate appearing for the final year BE/BTech and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
- A candidate who has completed qualification from any foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- The candidate should apply and appear in SNAP test and score positive marks to get shortlisted
9.2 SIOM MBA Agri Operations Management Eligibility for Admission
- Graduate from any recognised University/ Institution of National Importance in with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes).
- A candidate appearing for the final year of graduation and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
- The candidate should apply and appear in SNAP test and score positive marks to get shortlisted
10. How to Apply for SIOM Admission 2024? SIOM Application Process
- You have to use common application form for SNAP test 2023 and for SIOM Admission 2024. First you need to register and apply for SNAP Test 2023 by making payment of requisite application fee or Rs.2250/-
- In the same application form you need to register and apply for the admission in the SIOM MBA programme by making payment of Rs.1000 for each MBA programme, you have chosen.
- The application form has the inbuilt payment gateway and you can make payment of application fee by means of Billdesk Payment Gateway/Easebuzz Payment Gateway/Indian Bank Payment Gateway
- Please note that it is mandatory to register for Symbiosis institute based programme while submitting your SNAP application.
11. SIOM Nashik Admission Dates: Important Dates for MBA 2024-26 Admission
Following are the important dates including Last Date to Apply for SIOM Admission 2024 apart from other dates
Part-1: Apply & Appear in SNAP 2023
SNAP 2023 Registration Commences
August 18, 2023
SNAP 2023 Registration Closes
November 23, 2023
SNAP 2023 Test 1
December 10, 2023
SNAP 2023 Test 2
December 17, 2023
SNAP 2023 Test 3
December 22, 2023
SNAP 2023 Result
January 10, 2024
|Part-2: SIOM Nashik Admission 2024
SIOM Online Registration commences
September 5, 2023
SIOM Last date to apply and Payment end date
January 5, 2024
SIOM shortlist announcement date
January 16, 2024
Shortlist call letter publication date
January 19, 2024
Institute GEPIWAT dates
02, 03, 04 February,
09, 10, 11 February, and
16, 17, 18 February 2024
1st Merit list declaration date
March 6, 2024
SIOM Last date for payment of fees for 1st Merit List
March 23, 2024
SIOM MBA Programme commencement date
June 3, 2024
12. SIOM Nashik Admission Criteria 2024: Salient Points
SIOM Nashik Admission 2024 Step by Step Process is given below:
- Step-1: Register, Apply & Appear in SNAP 2023
- Step-2: Apply for SIOM Admission 2024
- Step-3: Shortlisting & Final Selection
- Step-4: Merit List Generation
Let us understand in detail each step of SIOM admission process
12.1 Step-1: Register, Apply and Appear in SNAP 2023 exam
- Apply Online and appear in SNAP 2023 by paying application fee of Rs.2250
- No candidate is entitled to seek admission to the MBA Programme of SIOM Nashik without a valid SNAP score.
12.2 Step-2: Apply for SIOM Nasik Admission 2024
- SIOM will accept only SNAP 2023 exam score
- Apply Online for SIOM Nashik Admission 2024 through SNAP 2024 Application form or separately by paying requisite institute level application fee of Rs.1000 per programme
12.3 Step-3: SIOM Shortlist & Final Selection
SIOM Nasik admission process comprises two most important stages. The first one is the SIOM shortlisting criteria and the second is the final selection criteria. While the shortlist is based on SIOM Nasik cut offs as announced by the institute, the final selection is based on SIOM admission weightages in generating the merit list
12.3.1 SIOM Shortlisting Criteria
SIOM accepts only SNAP scores to shortlist candidates for its final selection round.
Based on the SNAP test scores, candidates will be short-listed for the GE (Group Exercise), PI-WAT (Personal Interview and Writing Ability Test) process for the respective programme(s).
12.3.2 Final Selection Round
- Candidates are asked to book slots for GE-PI-WAT.
- Important details of e stages of PI round are released by SIOM Nashik. Check below
- The candidates will be required to produce their original documents in regard to the information submitted in the application form during PI round
Key components and details of final selection round are:
Stage 1: Written Assessment Test (WAT)
Candidates will be given a written assignment/ essay/topical write-up to be completed at the spot. They will be judged on their written communication skills like the content, language, grammar, presentation etc.
Stage 2: Group Exercise
Candidates will be given an exercise /activity to be completed in group within specified time. They will be assessed on their communication skills, team working, problem solving ability etc.
Stage 3: Personal Interview
Each candidate will be individually interviewed by an expert two member panel comprising of academicians/ HR professionals/ Operations management experts / corporate executives to assess his/her overall personality effectiveness, attitude, fitment to the programme, curricular and co-curricular performance, professional achievements, tenure of work experience, its relevance to programme etc.
Step 12.4 Merit List Generation & Admission Offer
- Post this merit list is declared
- Selected candidates are called for completing the admission process by paying fees within stipulated time window
- Final Admission offer at SIOM Nashik will be based on performance in GE, PI, WAT and SNAP 2023 exam.
- The overall objective is to select most deserving candidates.
13. SIOM Nashik Cutoffs for Shortlisting & Final Selection Weightages
Below are the SIOM Cutoffs in SNAP 2023 for shortlisting for GD-PI-WAT round and final selection components with weightage for each component based on which merit list will be generated for SIOM admission 2024
13.1 SIOM Nashik Cutoffs
Based on the previous cut offs, the expected SNAP cut offs for admission 2024-26 are shared below
Expected SNAP cut off percentile for Admission 2024-26
MBA Operations Management
MBA Agri-Operations Management
13.2 SIOM Admission Weightages
SIOM admission weightages after final selection round are likely as under:
SNAP Exam score
14. How to Improve SIOM Admission Chances – Tips from SIOM Director
Dr Vandana Sonwaney, Director, SIOM has shared with MBAUniverse.com the tips to improve admission chances at SIOM Nashik and the qualities that the B-school looks for in the candidate:
- A team player with appropriate leadership qualities that are expressed in his ability to work along with others and also to get work done effectively
- Someone who has a balanced approach towards life with importance given both to curricular and extra-curricular development is a preferred candidate
- SIOM MBA programme calls for candidates who have the spirit of taking on challenges with the grit and determination to make it happen and a socially aware and sensitive person with willingness to share with humility.
So, if you have the above qualities, you are a preferred candidate for SIOM Nashik MBA admission
SIOM with the intent of knowledge extension, dissemination and consultancy in the area of Operations and supply chain offers multidisciplinary services with a view to help industries and businesses to improve their operational performance, efficiency and effectiveness in manufacturing and service-related processes.
Apart from pumping more than a hundred operations professionals into the Industry every year, SIOM is approached for conducting need based training and Management development programs, Consultancy services and Short term Customized training programs by Top Industries like GE and Tata Motors.
The MBA in Operations Management programme at Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM) was introduced to recognize the strategic value of skilled operations managers in business today. Continuous updating of curriculum with the consent of corporate mentors and keeping abreast with the latest has been the modus operandi at SIOM. Operations management is central to the successful running of a business. Good operation managers are a cogent resource in any organization.
SIOM is distinguished from other management institutes. The ideal mix of technology and management skills creates techno-business managers who are equipped with technology, farsighted management practices, and leading-edge knowledge. There are many young students who may not be eligible this year. They should apply for SIOM Admission 2025 as the criteria will remain same as it is now.
We hope you found this article on SIOM Nashik MBA Admission helpful while looking for admission and deciding on one of the best B-schools which has affordable fee and strong placements. Application process at SIOM Nashik is open. More details and application form are available at this link Apply Now
Stay tuned to MBAuniverse.com for more updates on SIOM Nashik
Also read these in-depth articles on: