AICTE Approved, NBA Accredited 2 full time, residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is the flagship management program offered by Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD), Mysore. The program has been recognized as equivalent to MBA by Association of Indian Universities Key program highlights are:
- SDMIMD PGDM Specializations: SDMIMD PGDM Program offers specializations in Marketing, Systems, Finance, Operations, Human Resource Management. Students have the option of dual specialization.
- SDMIMD PGDM Pedagogic Approach: Case Study based pedagogy using Harvard Business School’s publications & other reputed sources. SDMIMD uses the modern learner-centric pedagogies & instructional techniques and forges a presence in the emerging areas of management education. Adapting technology in management education, Contemporary Curriculum, Industry Interface, Academic Conferences, Student Clubs are some of the USPs of SDMIMD Pedagogic approach.
- Updated Curriculum: SDMIMD PGDM curriculum is consistently updated as per industry requirement to enable the students to remain industry ready.
- SDMIMD PGDM Program Structure: The PGDM program runs for six terms over two years with an acclaimed quality and academic rigour. Each of the 6 trimesters has a duration of 10 to 13 weeks. The course contents and curriculum are revised periodically taking into account the latest development in business environment and managerial thought and in line with practices in other leading B-Schools the world over.
- First Year Courses in SDMIMD PGDM Program: All the courses in the first year are compulsory core courses. These courses equip the students with basic knowledge in various areas of management.
- 2nd Year Courses in SDMIMD PGDM Program: The courses in the second year emphasize the multifunctional and strategic dimensions in decision making, and include courses related to different functional areas as well general areas. In the second year, students can opt to specialize in the areas of Marketing, Systems, Finance, Operations, Human Resources Management along with additional modular specializations. Students have the option of single / dual specialization along with modular specialization in Microfinance or Business Analytics. Students can also decide to be a generalist and not specialize in any area and instead opt for courses from various streams to make up the required minimum credits.
- Unique Courses in SDMIMD PGDM Program: SDMIMD has built into its curriculum some unique courses and programs that distinguish it from other Institutes, such as Ethics and Values in Management, Yoga and Socially Relevant Project.
- ESG – Modular Specialization in SDMIMD PGDM Program: In line with the movement to align with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) announced by the UN, and the prominence being given to the Environmental-Social-
Governance (ESG) dimensions, SDMIMD is offering a modular specialization and certification for students to study ESG-related courses in addition to their chosen PGDM specialization. The Institute has planned several activities in this regard including MDPs, conferences, and conclaves. This initiative focuses at Enhanced value creation for the student in terms of knowledge, openings for analysis, synthesis and creativity, Enhanced opportunities for esteemed employers who value the ESG focus to employ SDMIMD students certified with ESG courses
- Tie Up with TCS iON for Academic Enhancement: SDMIMD has entered into a major 5-year tie up with TCS iON for academic enhancement. Entire batch of first year students is enrolled every year. 10 courses have been identified which are offered in the first year and early in the second year. TCS iON organizes supplementary lectures on practical relevance, conducts internship during the course program. A Joint certificate is issued by SDMIMD and TCS iON on completion of the orientation.
- Training Students through Centre of Excellence: SDMIMD has entered into a collaboration with Bangalore Chamber of Industry and Commerce (BCIC) for setting up a joint Centre of excellence in Management Studies at SDMIMD campus. The Nodal Centre in Mysore - BCIC SDMIMD Centre for Excellence in Management focuses on holding corporate programs, training sessions, workshops and leadership conclaves with the support of the corporate executives of the member Institutions of BCIC.
- SDMIMD PGDM Offers Experiential Learning: At SDMIMD, learning does not stop with classroom lectures, case discussions, projects, internships and assignments, Students learn and adapt key skills like leadership, initiative, creativity, problem solving, networking, working in team etc. through multifarious “beyond the classroom” activities. These include clubs and associations, conferences and industry programs, student-led events, Summer Internships
- Well Qualified & Experienced Faculty: SDMIMD Faculty has rich experience in academia and industry. Several of them have international teaching experience.
- Add-on Certifications: ESG, TCSiON, BFSI, NSE, KPMG and AIMA
More than 60 Corporate/Academic/Social relevant Guest Lectures by eminent speakers from India and abroad. Customized management education programs for corporate