The minimum requirement for admission to the program is three-year bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline, with at least 55% marks in aggregate, from a recognised University. Candidates who expect to complete the final part of their degree examinations by June 15, 2023, can also apply. Offers of admission to such candidates, if made, will be provisional and will be automatically cancelled in the event of their failing to complete all the requirements for obtaining degree before June 15, 2023.A student after joining a program in this University will not be permitted to sit for any examination of any other institution or agency.
Applicants opting for XAT/CAT are required to refer to the respective XAT/ CAT advertisements in newspapers and follow the instructions therein. Applying for XAT or CAT or GMAT or NMAT is a prerequisite for applying to XIM University, Bhubaneswar, if not opting for X-GMT Test. XIM uses XAT/CAT/GMAT/X-GMT /NMAT scores for short listing candidates for its Master’s Degree Programs in Management. XLRI/ IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programs.
Applicants are required to take any one or more of the following Admission Tests:
- XAT to be conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur, on 8 January 2023, or
- CAT to be conducted by IIMs on 27 November 2022, or
- GMAT taken in 2021 or 2022, or
- X-GMT - an online test to be conducted by XIM University on 29 January 2023,
- NMAT by GMAC held during October - December 2022, for select programs (MBA-HRM, MBA-RM, MBA-SM, MBA-UMG)
- For MBA-UMG only: GATE/CEED scores are also accepted in addition to CAT/XAT/GMAT/XGMT/NMAT scores. Candidates with bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Planning, Geography (Hons.) and Economics (Hons.) with minimum 55% marks in aggregate are encouraged to apply, even without a valid Admission Test score. Similarly, candidates with keen interest and/or experience in the urban sector, and with minimum 60% marks, in aggregate, in their bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) program are also encouraged to apply, even without a valid Admission Test score. They will, however, be required to attend the Personal Interview.
- For the MBA-RM, MBA-SM and the MBA-UMG, candidates who have secured the 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in the college, in their bachelor’s degree can apply without a CAT/XAT/GMAT/X-GMT /NMAT score. Such applicants must furnish a Certificate from the Head of the Institution stating their position, when asked for. They will, however, be required to attend the Personal Interview.
Online Application Process:
Applicants must also fill up the online application form separately for the XIM University program, by logging on to https://xim.edu.in. Upon successfully filling up the online application form and paying the required application fee through the payment gateway, the applicant would receive the confirmation by email.
Section-wise cut-off scores as well as total cut-off scores will be used for short-listing candidates who will be called for Writing Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI). WAT, GD & PI will be held in Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai. Candidates will have to meet their own travel/stay expenses for appearing in the X-GMT (if applicable), WAT, GD & PI. The final selection will be based on the candidate's performance in the Admission Test, Writing Ability Test, Group Discussion & Personal Interview, past academic record, and relevant work experience. The selected candidates will be informed through mail by the first week of April 2023.
There may be separate sets of cut-off marks on the XAT/CAT/GMAT/X-GMT/NMAT score for the candidates who are residents of the state of Odisha.
Candidates who are selected for admission to the program must indicate their acceptance of the admission offer and all related conditions by paying the first instalment of fees as detailed in the letter of admission before the date stipulated therein. The regular MBA programs will begin by the middle of June 2023 for the first-year students. At this time the students will be given a Manual of Policies and Regulations, which will be binding on them, till the successful completion of the program