VIT Vellore was established in 1984 as a self-financing institution called the Vellore Engineering College. The Union Ministry of Human Resources Development conferred University status on Vellore Engineering College in 2001. The University is headed by its founder and Chancellor, Dr. G. Viswanathan, a former Parliamentarian and Minister in the Tamil Nadu Government. Govt. of India has recognized VIT as an Institute of Eminence (IoE).
VIT Business School (VITBS) is the department of management at VIT University Vellore and offers MBA, BBA and doctoral level management programs.
- VITBS is accredited by ACBSP, USA and is also member of AACSB, USA
- With resolute and innovative BBA, MBA and Ph.D. curriculum augmented by its Centre for Data Analytics, VITBS Retail Research Centre, Psychometric lab, Finance Lab, Ideation Centre and strong international collaboration, VITBS, has been consistently placing its students in highly coveted jobs.
- The B-School focuses on developing thought leaders, who are innovative, socially sensitive, ethically strong and globally competitive.
- VITBS MBA program has been consistently ranked among the top 30 MBA programs in the country and among top 10 in South India. It holds prominent ranks in NIRF, Careers 360, Outlook ICARE rankings, Business Standard and IIRF
VIT Vellore MBA fee is Rs.7,02,000 for two years. The fee is much lower than most other MBA colleges in India
VIT Business School Vellore has two campuses at Vellore and at Chennai.
Campus wise intake for MBA programme is:
- VIT Vellore Campus: 120 seats
- VIT Chennai Campus: 60 Seats