Calcutta Business School (CBS ), founded by Shri Shikshayatan Foundation , is governed by a board consisting of eminent industrialists and former directors of IIMs with Mr. S.K. Birla as the Chairman. The Director of CBS Prof. Shekhar Chaudhuri has been the former Director of IIM Calcutta for two consecutive terms from November 2002 till April 2013 and From May 2013 till April 2015.
Calcutta Business School (CBS) is an autonomous institute offering an AICTE approved 2 year full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) and Management Development Programs (MDP). The B-School, modeled on the top ranking business schools of the country, is located in a sprawling 15 acre residential, eco-friendly and smart campus on the outskirts of Kolkata. The School provides an environment that is academically thought-provoking and made enjoyable by a variety of avenues provided to students for self-expression and development
- Full time faculty members of CBS have distinguished academic background with Ph.D. from top ranking institutions like the Wharton School, Johns Hopkins University, USA; Syracuse University, USA; State University of New York, USA; IIMs, Jadavpur University along with significant industry experience.
- CBS has low fee structure with Rs.6.85 lakhs as 2 years course fee
- Hostel Fee is Rs.60,000 per year.
- CBS Kolkata has in campus hostel facility for boys & girls
- Placement 2019 recorded Average Salary of INR 4.3 lakhs
- Top recruiters include Federal Bank, GSK Healthcare, ICICI Bank, IndusInd Bank, LG Electronics, Cavin Kare, PwC, Utkarsh, TCI Limited, RGF, Emkay Global, Care Ratings, Karvy, Kotak Life Insurance, IDFC First Bank
- CBS offers financial assistance to meritorious students
- Admission is based on CAT/XAT/CMAT/MAT/GMAT ATMA scores