Update on: February 2, 2021
Written Ability Test (WAT) or as IIM Ahmedabad has put it Academic Writing Test (AWT) 2021 is an important component of final selection round at all the IIMs and other MBA colleges.
If you are your preparing for MBA Entrance Process for MBA Admissions 2021, it is important to know that apart from MBA Entrance Exam Scores (CAT, MAT, CMAT scores), good MBA colleges check your General & Business Awareness, how do you express your opinion on abstract topics. Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interviews are modes by which MBA colleges check your written and communication skills. After all, good managers need to put their views, opinion and take decisions with well worded writing skill. How you write in WAT on international, national, social and business events reflects your writing skill.
IIMs, XLRI, MDI, SPJIMR and all other prominent MBA colleges conduct Essay Writing tests, on latest current affairs topics, that are similar to WAT Topics. So, by preparing for WAT, you are in fact preparing for the entire Personal Assessment (PI) Round of all MBA colleges. CAT Toppers like Anushree Naik (CAT 2019: 98.2%, now studying at IIM Ahmedabad) have used MBAUniverse.com solved WAT Topics. So, make sure you too benefit from this rich resource.
MBA/PGDM Admissions 2022 Open | Apply Now
|IMI New Delhi Admissions 2022 Last date Dec 13|
|LBSIM Delhi PGDM Admission 2022|
|BIMTECH Greater Noida PGDM Admissions|
WAT Topics 2021
Writing Ability Test (WAT) topic in an IIM or other B-school can be based on Business, Economics & Finance, Social, Political, religious, national or international affairs, Sports related news or could be an abstract.
To help you do well in Personal Interview Rounds for IIMs, FMS Delhi, and all Top 100 MBA Colleges, MBAUnivese.com, India’s No 1 Portal, has prepared 100+ Latest WAT & GD Topics 2021. These topics, listed below, are useful for Bank and other competitive entrance exams as well. So, continue reading.
WAT Topics on Business Economy
WAT Topics on Current Affairs
Topics on Education & Social Affairs
Free Metro Ride for Women
US Presidential Elections 2020
Important Solved WAT Topics
Below are shared the important solved WAT topics to help the candidates to crack the WAT round in final selection process:
- Demonetization in India: Decision is more appreciated than criticized
- GST: Aim to take economy on faster growth path
- "Make in India" Ground realities; India leaps to surpass China
- Rising Population of India could be turned into an asset
- Corruption is the root cause of current economic and social woes in India
- FDI in multi brand retail is a boon or bane
- Ethics and morals cannot be taught in classrooms only
- Net Neutrality: Very Essential to Make India Digital
- Union Budget: Merging the General & Railway Budget will save exchequer from unnecessary spending
- E-commerce: Unrealistic Discounts are Dangerous
- Aadhar -Utility is more than perceived
- Smart City Project: India’s new urban vision
- Bank Recapitalization: Will it restore faith in Banking Industry?
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao will change the orthodox mindset?
- Law should be an instrument of Social Change
- Browsing at Workplace affects productivity
- Social Activism is necessary for survival of democratic society
- RERA should win the trust of home buyers
- Moody’s Rating Upgrade to boost the economy of India
- Globalization and Jingoism always coexist
- General elections will be a watershed for Indian democracy
- India’s 1.2 billion population is an asset for the country
- India has more skilled Human Resource
- Is ASEAN a defunct Group
- Indo-US relations; how much beneficial for India
- How successful would be the Climate Change Summit Paris?
Making changes in their selection process, IIM have increased weightage to WAT from 5-10 percent to 10-15 percent. Almost all the top IIMs and other top MBA colleges in India like IIM Ahmedabad, Calcutta, Bangalore, Lucknow and also the new IIMs offering admission through Common Admission Process (CAP) by conducting single point WAT and PI round have increased the WAT and PI weightage to 35-40 percent.
Unless you have understood how to write in WAT and practiced on probable WAT topics to hone your writing skills, the high scores in CAT written exam may not suffice to take you through the final selection process. WAT is a pen-paper based writing test of 15 to 30 minutes duration conducted for MBA admission by IIMs and other top B-schools to test your writing skills after you are shortlisted for final admission round. Many IIMs have replaced Group Discussion (GD) round by WAT in the final selection process.