Written Ability Test (WAT) or as IIM Ahmedabad has put it Academic Writing Test (AWT) 2020 is an important component of final selection round at all the IIMs and other MBA colleges. During the past years weightage to WAT in IIMs has increased. Now WAT 2020 carries 10 percent onwards in almost all the highly ranked IIMs and other top MBA colleges in India like IIM Ahmedabad, Calcutta, Bangalore, Lucknow. Even the new IIMs who have joined hands and are going through Common Admission Process (CAP) by conducting single point WAT and PI round coordinated by IIM Rohtak for admission to 2020-22 batch have increased the WAT and PI weightage to 35%.
High scores in CAT 2017, XAT 2020, CMAT 2020 written exam may not suffice to take you through the final selection process unless you have understood how to write in WAT and practiced on probable WAT topics to hone your writing skills. WAT is a pen-paper based writing test of 15 to 30 minutes duration conducted for MBA admission by IIMs and other top B-schools to test your writing skills after you are shortlisted for final admission round. In fact most of the IIMs have replaced Group Discussion (GD) round by WAT in the final selection round.
IIMs have found WAT a better testing process to assess a candidate than GD as many candidates could not express their opinion and views during GD while who could speak louder made their presence felt during GD round. In WAT round a candidate can freely put down his views and thoughts on paper coherently without fear of getting disrupted.
WAT Topics 2020
Writing Ability Test (WAT) topic in an IIM or other B-school can be based on Business, Economics & Finance, Social, Political, religious, national or international affairs, Sports related news or could be an abstract.
WAT topics are carefully placed before the aspirants. Since there are many changes in the economy, tax structure, number of things are happening around, the scope of WAT topics 2020 has also increased on such changes touching the common life.
For example, Demonetization, GST, Make in India, Bank Recapitalization, Changes in Budget cycle and Merger of Railway Budget with Union Budget among others are the latest WAT topics 2020 and the candidates may be asked to write on them.
WAT Topics Solved
Below are shared the important solved WAT topics to help the candidates to crack the WAT round in final selection process:
- Demonetization in India: Decision is more appreciated than criticized
- GST: Aim to take economy on faster growth path
- "Make in India" Ground realities; India leaps to surpass China
- Rising Population of India could be turned into an asset
- Corruption is the root cause of current economic and social woes in India
- FDI in multi brand retail is a boon or bane
- Ethics and morals cannot be taught in classrooms only
- Net Neutrality: Very Essential to Make India Digital
- Union Budget: Merging the General & Railway Budget will save exchequer from unnecessary spending
- E-commerce: Unrealistic Discounts are Dangerous
- Aadhar -Utility is more than perceived
- Smart City Project: India’s new urban vision
- Bank Recapitalization: Will it restore faith in Banking Industry?
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao will change the orthodox mindset?
- Law should be an instrument of Social Change
- Browsing at Workplace affects productivity
- Social Activism is necessary for survival of democratic society
- RERA should win the trust of home buyers
- Moody’s Rating Upgrade to boost the economy of India
Past solved Topics
Below are a few of the solved past topics which were asked in WAT rounds of 2017, 2016 or earlier in the final selection round of the IIMs and other MBA colleges
- Globalization and Jingoism always coexist
- General elections will be a watershed for Indian democracy
- India’s 1.2 billion population is an asset for the country
- India has more skilled Human Resource
- Is ASEAN a defunct Group
- Indo-US relations; how much beneficial for India
- How successful would be the Climate Change Summit Paris?