If you thought that admission to MBA programmes in top MBA colleges in Mumbai, Pune is not available, you are mistaken. In fact the admission opportunity in JBIMS, SIMSREE, PUMBA, K J Somaiya and other top MBA colleges of Mumbai, Pune is open now for almost all the test takers like CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, MAHCET, ATMA and GMAT. MBA admission opportunity with May MAT 2017 exam scores would also remain open in these B-schools.
It is a rare 1st time admission opportunity for MBA 2017-19 batch in more than 400 B-schools located at Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bhubaneswar, Chennai among others.
45000 seats available in 400 B-schools of Maharashtra
Admission to 45000 MBA/MMS seats in 400+ B-schools including JBIMS, SIMSREE, K J Somaiya, PUMBA, N L Dalmiya, IESMCRC, Dy Patil, DSIMS, FLAME, SIESCOMS among others is open now through CAP 2017.
In one of the important key developments, DTE Maharashtra while announcing the criteria to participate in Centralized Admission process (CAP) 2017 has also included MAT May exam 2017 scores to register and apply.
Application process open for JBIMS, SIMSREE, PUMBA & 400 others
The application process for MBA admission to JBIMS, SIMSREE, PUMBA, K J Somaiya, N L Dalmiya, Dy Patil, DSIMS, IESMCRC and 400 others is open now at a cost of Rs. 1000/- only. You need to apply online.
The application & registration process for DTE-CAP 2017 for All India (OMS) candidates, Maharashtra State (MS) candidates and other category candidates has begun today on May 15 and is proposed to close on June 3, 2017. The DTE-CAP registration process will be online only and will be available at official website dte maharashtra.
Centralized Admission Process (CAP) for 400 B-schools
All the admissions to MBA/MMS 2017-19 batch will be through Centralized Admission Process (CAP) 2017 round in JBIMS, SIMSREE, PUMBA and other 400 B-schools. Candidates need not to apply separately to each B-school.
The CAP 2017 for admission to MBA/MMS courses will comprise Online Registration, Documents Verification and Application Form Confirmation at Facilitation Centers (FC) by candidates aspiring for admissions to First Year of Full Time Management program (MBA/MMS).
Admission in PGDM programmes: Apply separately
Top B-schools like K J Somaiya, IESMCRC, DSIMS among others also offer PGDM programmes at par with University affiliated MBA/MMS. Candidates need to apply separately for admission to these 2 years full time AICTE approved PGDM programmes.
15% seats for All India Candidates
15% of the MBA seats in all the Government, Government aided, University managed institutes and departments or unaided private B-schools are reserved for All India category candidates through CAP 2017 for admission to MBA/MMS 2017-19 batch.
For example JBIMS Mumbai has a total intake of 120 seats in its flagship MMS programme. Out of them 18 seats are reserved for All India candidates who can register and apply for admission through CAP 2017 round on the basis of scores obtained in MAHCET 2017, CAT 2016, XAT 2017, CMAT 2017, ATMA, MAT (Dec 2016, Feb 2017, May 2017) or GMAT.
The opportunity to apply to participate in DTE CAP 2017 is open for MBA/MMS 2017-19 batch. Besides, many B-schools running AICTE approved PGDM programmes have also kept their application process open and would accept the CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/MAHCET exam scores for admission.
Out of 400 B-schools for which MBA/MMS 2017-19 admission process has been opened now by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra through CAP round 2017, a few of the top MBA colleges are
Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) Mumbai
Sydenham Institute of Management Studies And Research And Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE) Mumbai
K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies And Research (SIMSR) Mumbai
SIES College of Management Studies (SIESCOMS) Navi Mumbai
Pune University MBA, Pune (PUMBA)
Explore MBA admission chances in Mumbai B-schools here
MBA in Delhi has become a dream for the aspirants who wish to make their career in business and corporate world. With growing opportunities for MBA graduates globally, Delhi and Delhi NCR offers very good MBA options for the all the candidates who have taken any of the national level MBA entrance tests like CAT 2016; XAT 2017; CMAT 2017; MAT 2016-17 or even MAT 2017 May exam.
With varying fee structure between Rs.6 and 8 lakhs very good MBA admission options in Delhi NCR are available.
Some of the top MBA colleges in Delhi like FMS Delhi, MDI Gurgaon, IMI New Delhi, IMT Ghaziabad, IIFT Delhi have already closed their admission process. However, there are still many good MBA options where you can apply with your CAT/MAT/CMAT/XAT scores.
Why to choose MBA in Delhi…
- MBA in Delhi offers good learning experience with more industry interface. Delhi is an important commercial center in South Asia and third largest metropolitan area in India
- MBA from Delhi NCR offers high placement opportunity. The state has witnessed a phenomenal rise in its service sectors due to its skilled work force having fluency in English speaking, availability of adequate infrastructure, number of Internet and telecom service providers and satellite communication facilities
- The B-schools located in Delhi NCR do not require entrance exam score as high as that of IIMs, although learning is at par.
- Apart from offering good learning and higher placement opportunities, B-schools in Delhi also reap the benefit of their strategic location in and around the capital city of the country.
Check your MBA admission chances in Delhi B-schools
Known as the Silicon Valley of India, Bangalore has become the most preferred destination to do MBA.
MBA colleges in Bangalore have played vital role in the growth by providing quality human resources for the industries and as the city grows, the number of aspirants looking forward to do MBA in Bangalore has risen tremendously.
There are number of top B-schools with lower than IIM fee structure and high placement trends in Bangalore, Mysore, Manipal and other parts of Karnataka. These top MBA colleges in Bangalore not only accept CAT scores but will also accept XAT 2017, CMAT 2017, MAT 2016 & 2017 scores for admission to MBA 2017-19.
While the admission process to IIM Bangalore is over, most other MBA/PGDM colleges in Bangalore have kept their admission process open.
Check your MBA admission chances in Bangalore B-schools
Good MBA options are available in Ahmedabad, Chennai, Goa, Hyderabad, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata with almost all the national level MBA entrance exams – CAT/MAT/CMAT/XAT.
For example, Known as the ‘Cyberabad’, Hyderabad is the fifth largest city of India and MBA colleges in Hyderabad offer great career opportunities to MBA graduates. MBA colleges in Hyderabad with low fee structure offer quality MBA education leading to good placements.
Ahmedabad, one of the key MBA destinations, houses the B-schools with a very low fee range. For example, the Amrut Mody School of Management has a low fee structure of Rs.2.5 lakhs as compared to prevalent high fee structure of Rs. 10 to 20 lakhs for MBA programmes in various MBA colleges.
Distance MBA: Good option at low fee
The distance MBA offers flexibility of delivery, affordability, scope for continuous learning and easy accessibility.
- Distance MBA is a flexible and affordable AICTE/UGC recognised MBA programme which does not require you to attend regular classes.
- For those who are unable to pursue full time MBA for want of time or due to high cost of regular full time MBA, options like Distance MBA may prove to be viable alternative. You can complete the Distance MBA programme at less than 10% fee charged for the regular MBA.
- Top distance MBA colleges offer offline study material as well as online MBA in distance learning mode which also carries their brand name.
- Industry relevance and Career acceleration are the many reasons that prompt a working professional or even a fresher to opt for preferred MBA education. In present scenario MBA has become a necessary qualification for career progression.
Admission process for Distance MBA is open in many top B-schools. If you have shortage of time, but wish to pursue MBA, the Distance MBA is the answer. Following are a few of the renowned B-schools offering Distance MBA education:
-Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning
- Narsee Monjee - NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education
- IMT-Centre for Distance Learning (IMT-CDL) Ghaziabad
To know more about distance MBA programme and B-schools click here
How to choose the right MBA programme
It is more imperative to take a decision where to go before investing huge amount of money to pursue the management course from your dream B school.
How would you come to know before-hand whether the particular MBA/PGDM programme of a particular B-school will equip you with all the great learning and career opportunities for which MBA is renowned? The only way to choose the right B-school is to first know the facts, fee, legacy, placement, analyse the USPs of the MBA programme and then proceed for the comparison with other B-schools and choose the most appropriate among them.
- The very 1st thing is to go through the available options with you
- Check the legacy of the B-school. It not only reflects its position on placement year after year but also proves the sustainability and growth of the institute over a period of time
- Check and compare the fee structure.
- Faculty student ratio should be optimum. If there are 10 students for 1 faculty member, it could be rated reasonable and will enhance your learning at the B-school
- Average Placement in the B-school should have upward trend
- Location of the B-school is very important factor that contributes in taking the decision to choose the right MBA college. If the B-school is located in the unaccessible area, not preferred by corporate for placements, less industry interface is there, it will be difficult for the students to gain good practical experience on management education.
Understand with simple example. Ministry of HRD decided to open 6 IIMs in 2015. Only 3 IIMs out of 6 have been able to place their very 1st batch of students and that too is not 100% placement. IIM Visakhapatnam, IIM Amritsar, IIM Nagpur have published their final placement reports for the 1st batch of 2015-17. IIM Bodhgaya, IIM Sambalpur, IIM Sirmaur are still waiting to complete their final placement of 1st batch. The 7th new IIM, the IIM Jammu started operation in 2016 so its 1st batch will go for final placement in 2018. All this has happened despite the top IIMs of the country are mentoring these new IIMs. In fact lack of industries, corporate sector and lack of industry interface due to location of these IIMs, have been the major factors in lagging behind in placement process.
Most of the MBA/PGDM colleges are going to close their application status shortly for admission year 2017. If you are keen to get into the management programme in any of the institutes with open admission date, you should apply immediately.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on MBA Admission 2017-19