Prof Neeraj Dwivedi, CAT 2017 exam convener, faculty and admission chair at IIM Lucknow has confirmed that CAT Notification will be released in the end of July and with this announcement it is proposed that CAT online registration will begin in the 1st week of August 2017.
The tradition so far has been that after one week from the CAT 2017 Notification release date, the CAT online registration and CAT online application process will begin simultaneously. Accordingly, the CAT 2017 online registration and application is expected to start on August 7 after a gap of one week from the CAT notification which is supposed to be released on July 30.
The CAT 2017 convening IIM Lucknow and the testing partner TCS would open the CAT online registration at 10 AM on the scheduled date. The CAT 2017 registration fee is expected to remain Rs.1700/- as was last year. The process for CAT 2017 online registration and application will open after opening of CAT 2017 website. There is no proposal to include any offline registration process for CAT 2017.
Don’t be in hurry: Organize the documents first
The CAT 2017 registration and application window will remain open for a period of about 50 days from the CAT registration start date. So, instead of hurrying up to finalize the 5 page CAT online registration and application form,you should keep ready the necessary documents and other information as desired by CAT 2017 exam centre.
After ensuring that you are eligible to apply and can appear in CAT 2017, the most important step is to keep the necessary documents as per IIMs requirement ready to complete your registration process otherwise you will continue running from pillar to post and your registration may remain incomplete till the last day
Important Links to prepare for CAT 2017
- CAT 2017: Prepare smartly to target IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta; overall CAT high scores not enough
- CAT 2017 Syllabus: Synchronise your preparation with CAT sectional syllabus topics
- CAT 2017: 7 points preparation guide with key facts how to crack CAT in 5 months
Make a Check list of documents
Prepare a check list before beginning the registration process. The Registration and application for CAT 2017 would be a time bound exercise as the default time fixed by IIM Lucknow to keep the registration window open is expected to be of only 30 minutes for one instance. In case of not completing the process in time, the candidate will be required to login again to complete the process.
Documents Required for CAT 2017 registration
You will need to keep the various items of information and documents ready before starting the process of registration for CAT 2017.
- Prepare valid and unique email address for CAT 2017. All correspondence until CAT 2017 is over and during the selection stage will be communicated using this email address.
- When the CAT 2017 registration link opens, the CAT 2016 aspirants going to register for the exam, should open the link by clicking on “Register” instead of going to ‘existing user’.
- Keep your Net banking/Credit card/Debit card details ready to pay the application fee for CAT 2017
- Class 12 certificate will be needed to fill up your Name. It should be exactly same as in 12th Diploma/Degree else you need proof of name change. Now, you will have to enter your changed name and will also have to produce supporting documents for change of name at the time of examination, interview and admission.
- Keep you Date of Birth document ready. It should be exactly same as mentioned in you document like Birth certificate, Class 10 certificate, PAN Card, or any other valid document that you need to keep ready for verification.
- For filling up the education details in CAT 2017 online registration form, you must keep ready with you the marks-sheets for class 10, 12, bachelor’s degree final year, professional exam, master’s degree. If you are in the final year of bachelor’s degree, you have to give Aggregate percentage up to the last marks statement received from the University.
- If you have done 5 years integrated course of B.Tech and MBA and as per university norms first 3.5 years is considered to be B.tech and remaining 1.5 years is considered to be MBA, you will need to enter in the CAT registration form, the aggregate percentage of first 3.5 years under Bachelor’s Degree and remaining 1.5 years under Master’s degree. So keep it ready
- If you have completed 5 year dual degree course like Btech+Mtech, BS+MS, BTech, +MSC, you should keep the marks sheet ready to enter in the CAT online application form the aggregate of marks which are equivalent to bachelor degree and if any marks are there for master degree you will need to enter the same in master degree.
- If you belong to SC/ST category and have a certificate also, please check that it has following information in it before uploading it during the CAT 2017 registration process. Please also ensure that the certificate should have been issued by competent authority.
- The name of the caste and caste number should appear in the certificate
- The Ministry's resolution/order number should be available
- The certificate should be in Hindi or English only
- Similarly if you belong to NC-OBC; PWD/DA category you must have relevant certificate as per Government of India norms for CAT registration.
- In case you have no certificate or different certificate, you can download it from CAT 2017 website, fill up the relevant information and get it signed by the appropriate authority.
- Work experience certificate is needed to complete the details in Work experience column of CAT 2017 registration form. You will be required to enter your experience in completed months until 31st July 2017.
- Work experience refers to any paid and fulltime work done post completing your Bachelor’s degree. Accordingly, you need to check in the CAT 2017 registration form, all the Working Areas applicable to you, with Work Experience in months for each area.
- You will need to upload scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. So, keep the scanned image of your photo ready within the dimensions of 35mm X 45mm. Photo should not be more than 6 months old and should have a white background.
- Also you will need to upload the scanned image of your signature within the dimensions of 80mm X 35mm.
- The documents file format should be a .jpg or .jpeg and the file size should not be more than 80KB each. The image should be clear with a minimum resolution of 150px/inch.
- If you have made a mistake in filling out details in CAT 2017 registration form, for those fields which will affect selection process, such as Percentage of Marks, Category, Gender, Work Experience, it will be better to re-register with a new email ID and repayment of CAT registration fee.
If your CAT 2017 application is submitted with successful online payment of examination fees, uploaded images of photo and signature of required size, you will see Application Summary and Download Application Form else the registration form will remain incomplete.
There is still 15 days’ time to get your documents prepared with the information on the lines advised by CAT Centre. Once the notification is out for CAT 2017 exam and the online registration process begins, every passing day will increase your anxiety level in case the job is not done in time.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on CAT 2017 online registration and application process
- CAT 2017: 5 changes make it best ever CAT exam for Non-Engineers to get IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta
- CAT 2017: 5 big changes in CAT over last 7 years; what to expect from IIM Lucknow in CAT this year
- CAT 2017: Self - Preparation is key to crack CAT; emphasize IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore toppers
- CAT 2017 in changed pattern: Know all about CAT 2017 exam notification date, registration, pattern, IIM cutoffs
- MBA Ranking 2017: Check MBA Ranking 2017 for top 100 B-schools in India to guide you in MBA admission decision
|Take CAT 2017 Mock Full Length: To assess your preparation in revised CAT 2017 exam pattern with 100 questions.|
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
|Quiz 1: Time limit to solve: 15 minutes; Level of difficulty: Moderate||Quiz 2: Time limit to solve: 15 minutes; Level of difficulty: Moderate to difficult|
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
|Quiz 1: Time limit to solve: 15 minutes; Level of Difficulty: Moderate||Quiz 2: Time limit to solve: 15 minutes; Level of difficulty: Moderate|
|Quiz-1: Time limit to solve: 15 minutes; Level of Difficulty: Moderate||Quiz-2: Time limit to solve: 15 minutes; Level of difficulty: Moderate to difficult|