Another chance is now available to appear in paper based May MAT 2018 exam for the candidates who could not apply and appear in PBT MAT 2018 May exam on May 6.
AIMA has announced to conduct two paper based May MAT 2018 exams and has reopened the May MAT 2018 PBT registration dates upto May 14. The second May MAT 2018 paper Based test will be conducted on Sunday May 20 from 10AM to 12.30PM while the first one has already got over on May 6, 2018. Apart from the two paper based tests, there will be a computer based May MAT exam also on May 20 in different time slots.
The Revised Paper Based and Computer Based May MAT 2018 exam dates and Registration dates, after reopening of PBT MAT registration process by AIMA, are:
MAT 2018 May Exam Format
Revised Last Date to Apply
Earlier Last Date to Apply
Paper Based Test (PBT) - 2
May 14, 2018
May 2, 2018
Paper Based Test (PBT) - 1
May 2, 2018
April 27, 2018
Computer Based Test (CBT)
May 12, 2018
April 27, 2018
The candidates who are interested to appear in PBT May MAT exam can avail this opportunity and can apply now till May 14. The Admit Cards for PBT May MAT 2018 have also been released by AIMA on its website. These MAT PBT Admit cards will be available for download 7 days prior to the MAT May 2018 exam date. AIMA has however, released the May MAT Admit Card for all the candidates who have applied for Paper Pen based MAT exam with effect from April 28, 2018 till May 2, 2018.
2 PBT MAT instead on 1: Never Happened Earlier
This is the first time that there are two paper based MAT exams in a month. Apart from two paper based MAT exams, you also have one computer based MAT exam in May 2018 offering you the opportunity to choose your best.
If Missed PBT MAT on May 6, Go for May 20 PBT MAT
May MAT 2018 offers you the opportunity to choose the suitable dates and types of exams of your choice.
- If you could not appear in PBT MAT 2018 on May 6, you can appear in PBT MAT on May 20. The last date to submit online application is now May 14.
- If you prefer to appear in computer based May MAT 2018 exam on May 20, you can apply online till May 12.
- Please note that you can not appear in both paper based May MAT exams. If you have appeared in PBT May MAT 2018 exam on May 6, you can not appear in PBT MAT again on May 20.
- You can, however, opt for Computer Based May MAT exam alongwith paper based MAT exams.
Be Careful, if opting Both for PBT and CBT MAT
You have to be careful also. The Paper Based May MAT 2018 on May 20 will be held from 10AM to 12.30 PM and the Computer Based May MAT 2018 will also be held from May 20 in different time slots.
In case sufficient candidates for CBT MAT are available, exam may continue to be held after May 20 also. If you opt both for PBT and CBT May MAT 2018, you should opt for the different time slots than that of PBT MAT on May 20 or choose some different day for CBT MAT.
AIMA had earlier closed the PBT MAT 2018 May exam registration process on May 2 after extending it from April 27. Now after the announcement that there would be two paper based MAT exams in May 2018, the last date to apply for PBT May MAT 2018 stands reopened till May 14.
New and Already Registered Candidates: Both can apply
The Reopened Registration process for PBT MAT 2018 May exam till May 14, will benefit the fresh candidates as well as already logged in candidates to complete the process. While new candidates can register and apply now, the already registered candidates who could not make payment of MAT 2018 registration fee or could not complete the MAT 2018 May exam Registration process can do it now.
If you wish to appear only in PBT MAT exam, this is the last opportunity to appear and do MBA. There are 300 MBA colleges in India who will accept MAT score.
MAT 2018 Exam Fee
There is no change in the MAT registration, application or exam fee after the extension in last date to apply for MAT exam. It remains the same. You can apply for Paper based or computer based MAT exam or for both MAT exams. The Fee details in both the cases are as below:
May MAT 2018 Exam Format
For Paper Based MAT exam
For Computer Based MAT Exam
For Both Paper Based and Computer Based exam
Note: Payment of Fee to be made Online only
Step-1: Create login
New candidates applying for MAT 2018 May exam need to visit AIMA MAT website and click on New Candidate to Create Log in.
You have to fill the details to create Login. You must have a valid email ID for applying online. Press the button “Submit”. Once you fill the information in the form, it will not be changed.
The confirmation for the registration will also be sent on your email as entered in the form. Please note that the Email-ID and Date of birth as filled by you will be used to login to the website to fill the online application form.
Step 2: Fill the MAT Application form
Once you receive the registration number, you need to login as already registered candidate. You should now login with the registered id, complete the on-line application form, upload the scanned photograph and signature and make payment.
- Fill the details on the online application form. Since your eligibility will be screened based on the information furnished by you, you are required to exercise sufficient care to correctly furnish the details of your Qualification, etc.
- While filling the application form online, please save the information by clicking the Button “SAVE”.
- In case you wish to edit any information you can do that by log in again using Email‐ ID and Date of birth and after editing the information, make sure to save the information by clicking the button “SAVE”.
Step 3: Upload Images
- Photograph must be a recent passport size colour picture. Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light‐coloured, preferably white background, and has no harsh shadows.
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Ensure that both ears are visible in the picture. Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- The image should only be in .jpg or .jpeg format. Size of file should be not be more than 75 kb and not less than 20kb.
- Sign on white paper with Black ink pen and scan it.
- Scan the signature area only and not the entire page
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50 kb.
- This signature would appear on the Admit Card, and if it does not match the signature on the answer sheet at the time of the written test and at the time of Interview, the candidature will be cancelled.
- The image of scanned signature in jpg/jpeg format and size should also not exceed 50KB and should not be less than 5KB
Step 4: Make payment
Payment of Application fee can be made through online Mode only. Accordingly, to make payment of MAT 2018 May exam application fee for Rs.1550/- or Rs.2650/- (As may be the case) you should keep your Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking in operation condition.
Please note once payment of application fee is made, you will not be allowed to change/modify any information in the application form.
Step 5: View Application summary
Your application is complete now. You can view the application details by clicking the button ‘View Application’ and can take print out of the
Key Documents for MAT 2018 Application
Before starting to fill up the MAT 2018 online Application, you should keep ready with you the following details & documents
- Valid Email ID (the email should be valid for at least 1 year)
- Personal details
- Educational qualification details
- Image of scanned photograph in jpg / jpeg format and size should not exceed 50 KB
- Image of scanned signature in jpg / jpeg format and size should not exceed 50 KB
- Debit / Credit Card/Net Banking details in case making online payment.
MAT 2018 May exam is a national level entrance test for admission to MBA/PGDM institutes where thousands of the aspirants test their skills. The test is conducted by AIMA (All India Management Association). There are 4 MAT tests in a year viz February, May, September and December. The score of May MAT 2018 exam serve as the last opportunity for MBA admission in the academic year 2018-19 as the next MAT will be conducted in September 2018 and its scores will be used for admission in 2019. May MAT 2018 offers you the first time opportunity to appear in paper based MAT exam again.
Top MBA colleges Accepting MAT
Top MBA colleges accepting MAT scores include N L Dalmia Mumbai, ISBM Pune, JIMS Rohini, IFIM Bangalore, IPE Hyderabad among others.
There are around 300 MBA colleges who will accept May MAT 2018 exam scores for admission to MBA 2018-20 batch. These MBA colleges listed by AIMA are spread all over India in the cities like Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Coimbatore, Cochin, J&K, Jaipur among other cities.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on MAT 2018 Exam
MBA/PGDM Admissions 2018 Open - Important Dates
For your benefit, MBAUniverse.com has listed important MBA/PGDM Admission Application Deadlines. Check now
Calcutta Business School, Kolkata
Admission Open for PGDM 2018-20 Batch. Apply Now
N. L. Dalmia
Admission Open for PGDM Batch 2018-20. Apply Now
KCT Business School Coimbatore
Admission Open for MBA 2018-20 Batch. Apply Now.
Great Lakes Gurgaon
PGDM Application Deadline- 30 April, 2018.
Shiv Nadar University
Admission Open for I-Global MBA. Apply Now.
New Delhi Institute of Management
Application for MBA/PGDM 2018-20 at NDIM is open
Jaypee Business School Noida
Admission Open for MBA 2018-20 Batch. Apply Now.
Manav Rachna Faridabad
Admission Open for MBA 2018-20. Apply Now.
Application Open for PGDM Batch 2018-20
Application Open for PGDM/PGDM-IB/PGDM-RM