CAT 2014 will be held on November 16 and 22, 2014 in four sessions across 99 cities in India. IIMs have announced many changes this year in CAT 2014 exam. MBAUniverse.com spoke to Dr. Rohit Kapoor, CAT 2014 Convener on the reasons behind all these changes in CAT 2014 exam.
When MBAUniverse.com asked about the reasons behind changes in the schedule of CAT exam, Dr. Kapoor said, “We have changed the test schedule pattern from earlier 21 days to 2 days because we wanted to reduce the load from our system”.
He further added, “Too much time was being wasted across many days both on the student front and also on our side. There was a constant pressure on our systems for a long period of time. Thus we decided to reduce the time and pressure from our system”.
Last Year, CAT 2013 exam was conducted from October 16 to November 11, 2013 in a 20 days test window. For this year, CAT 2014 exam will be conducted only on two days with four sessions in total. CAT 2014 exam will be held on Saturday, November 16 and Sunday, November 22, 2014.
CAT 2013 was surrounded with many controversies especially on the normalization scoring issue. Many candidates complained about irregularities in their percentiles in CAT 2013 exam.
MBAUniverse.com raised this issue with Dr. Rohit Kapoor and asked whether Normalization issue was the main reason behind this move of reduced exam days. Dr. Kapoor clearly denied it and said, “Normalization was not at all behind all these changes. Normalization will still come into play this year too since the exam is being conducted in 4 different sessions and not one”.
He however refused to disclose the actual reasons behind this move as it’s a very critical and official matter.
When probed about the idea behind specifically choosing November 16 & 22, 2014 as the exam date, Dr, Kapoor said, “Since we had decided to organize CAT 2014 in 2 days, we definitely wanted it to be on weekends. November 16 is Saturday and November 22 is Sunday. This was also done keeping in mind a huge number of Work experience candidates who register for our CAT exam. Moreover, weekends are an off day for all the candidates”.
Dr. Kapoor also said that there will be no problem in conducting CAT 2014 in only 2 days as the test cities has been increased to 99 this year as compared to 45 last year. He was confident of an error free and successful completion of CAT 2014 exam within two days.
Earlier on Saturday, IIM Indore & TCS officially announced the CAT 2014 notification which brought many surprises for CAT aspirants. The major changes in CAT 2014 exam announced were:
1. IIM-Indore has cut short the window period for holding examination. The CAT 2014 will be conducted only for two days this year i.e. on November 16 and November 22 only in forenoon and afternoon sessions
2. Only Online registration Allowed this year for CAT 2014 exam
3. The examination will be conducted in 99 cities comprising 354 test sites. Last year, there were 45 test sites only.
4. The registration for the CAT 2014 will remain open for 56 days beginning from August 6 and closing on September 30.
5. Students will be able to download admit card from October 16 till examination date. The results will be declared in the third week of December 2014.
6. Test centre will be randomly allotted by CAT 2014 authorities.
7. CAT 2014 exam to offer facility of moving to & fro in 2 sections
8. CAT 2014 exam will have more questions and time to solve
9. No advance tutorial in testing room
To know all about the changes in CAT 2014 exam, Click on our below updated stories:
Keep a check for LIVE Updates on CAT 2014 Exam, Click here: CAT 2014 Exam Notification Details
For any other query or help regarding CAT 2014 Registration, feel free to ask on
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on CAT 2014 exam pattern