MBA programme at BITS Pilani is one of the reputed management programmes offered in India. The Department of Management at BITS Pilani offers 2 years full time MBA programme and the doctoral programme in management. The last date to apply for BITS Pilani MBA admission 2019 is February 24, 2019. While the applicant has to apply online by Feb 24, the hard copy of the application should reach the institute by March 4, 2019.. BITS Pilani MBA Admissions 2019 - Apply now
The 2 years MBA is the flagship management programme at BITS Pilani. The admission process for 2 years full time MBA 2019-21 batch at BITS Pilani is open at a moderate application fee of Rs.2950/-.
The Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS) Pilani is an all-India Institute for higher education. Established in the year 1971, the department of Management initially offered the two year Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme but later in 1973, when the institute created an integrated educational structure, MBA evolved into the integrated first degree programme- Master of Management Studies (MMS)- which is a blend of engineering and management.
This programme was successfully offered for a time period of three decades. Based on the industrial demands, the course was restructured as MBA in the year 2006. Management education at BITS Pilani builds a basic framework of qualitative, quantitative, analytical, strategic and problem solving skills. The pedagogy is specially designed to create a healthy learning environment, a blend of theoretical concepts and practical nuances. An optimal mix of learning methods ensures a holistic personality development of the students as well.
BITS is located in the Vidya Vihar campus adjacent to the town of Pilani in Rajasthan. In 2000, BITS opened a campus in Dubai making it the first Indian university with an overseas campus. Subsequently, in the year 2004 and 2008 BITS opened its campuses in Goa and Hyderabad respectively.
BITS Pilani MBA is consistently ranked among the best in the country by various survey reports. The latest survey done by Outlook India for 2018 ranks the BITS Pilani MBA program in the top 20 in India. According to the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) report 2018, under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, the management program offered by the institute is within the top 50 in the country.
BITS Pilani will accept CAT 2018 and GMAT scores for admission to MBA 2019-21 batch. BITS Pilani MBA Admission criteria do not prescribe high cut offs. The candidates with other excellent academics and quality achievements stand a good chance for admission.
The completed application forms along with the proof of fee payment of Rs. 2950/- should be sent to Dean, Admission (BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus).
Last Date to Apply for MBA Admission
The last date for filling up the online form is 24 Feb 2019. Last date to reach the hard copy of application form to Pilani admissions office is 5:00 PM, March 4, 2019.
BITS Pilani MBA Admission Eligibility
- Candidate must hold a B.E. / B. Tech. in Engineering or a Master’s Degree in any discipline from any recognized university or any integrated first degree of BITS
- Candidates should have obtained minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination in the year 2019, can also apply.
- Such candidates will have to submit the mark sheet and the certificate of passing bachelor’s degree by October 1, 2019. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
- Students in final year of Degree should share in the form their percentage up to the Second Year/Last completed semester
- All candidates should have taken either CAT 2018 or GMAT exam
- Besides registering for CAT / GMAT exam, candidates are also required to apply for admission to BITS Pilani through a separate Application Form which is available online on the BITS Pilani Website
Application Fee: Rs.2950
The Application fees of Rs.2950/- should be paid online, net banking, debit/credit card
BITS Pilani Admission Criteria
BITS Pilani MBA Admission Criteria 2019-21 is a two step process involving the shortlisting criteria and the Final selection Criteria comprising entrance exam score, Academics among others.
- BITS Pilani Shortlisting Criteria
The first part of BITS Pilani MBA Admission criteria is its shortlisting criteria for final selection round. A candidate will be shortlisted by BITS Pilani if he/she meets the following shortlisting criteria:
- Short listed applicants will be called for an Interview Process in March 2019 to be held in Delhi (30 and 31 Mar), Hyderabad (28 Mar), Bangalore (30 and 31 Mar) and Pilani (6 Apr)
- BITS Pilani will shortlist the Candidates on the basis of entrance exam score –CAT/GMAT
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the final stage of the selection process in March/April 2019. The PI process will consist of Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- The final selection round for admission to BITS Pilani will be held at several centres in India.
- Final Admission Selection Criteria
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in Final selection round for admission to BITS Pilani
- Final Selection Round 2019 of BITS Pilani will have 3 components – Statement of Purpose (SoP), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI)
- The GD-PI round will be held from March 28, 2019 to April 6, 2019 at Hyderabad on March 28; at Delhi on March 30 & 31; at Bangalore on March 30 and at Pilani on April 6, 2019.
- Final Admission offer at BITS Pilani will be based on entrance exam score, academic performance, Work Experience, SoP, performance in GD-PI among others
- Selected students will be suitably intimated
BITS Pilani MBA Admission Cut Off
There is no minimum score of CAT / GMAT defined as the minimum eligibility criteria. Each year the minimum score varies, depending on the applications received. To ensure that aspiring students are holistically evaluated during the admission process, the department will provide due weightage to the following parameters of applicants.
- CAT/GMAT percentile
- Educational background
- Work-experience (duration and profile)
- Extra-curricular achievements
- Awards or scholarship received
- Interpersonal skills
- Statement of Purpose
BITS Pilani MBA Fees 2019-21
BITS Pilani MBA 2019-21 programme fee is approximately Rs.8,00,000 /- for 2 years. The Fee includes Tuition & Hostel stay charges for the entire MBA Program. It is the current fees structure applicable to AY 2018-19 and is subject to change next year.
BITS Pilani MBA Placements
BITS Pilani has a consistent record of excellent placements. The maximum and average compensation packages at BITS Pilani have been rising year after year. Companies visited the BITS Pilani campus this year from a variety of sectors.
Highest Salary in Placement 2018 stood at Rs. 17.35 lakhs and the average salary was Rs.10 lakhs.
Some of the past recruiters at BITS Pilani include Accenture, Cognizant, Toyota, Bombardier, Maybank, Zomato, HolidayIQ,KPMG, IndiaMART, Rubique, VFS Global, Dream VU Inc, Shriram Transports, Newgen Software, Moolchand Healthcare among others.
Stay tuned to MBAuniverse.com for more updates on BITS Pilani