The Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS) Pilani has closed the admission application process for MBA 2020-22 batch. The university has started its GD/PI process for final selection. The classes for new batch will commence in August 2020. This article shares details about the BITS Pilani MBA program, Fee, Cut off, Placements, Admission Process.
BITS Pilani is a Deemed to be University offering UG, PG and PhD programmes to over 15,000 students across its campuses in Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai. The Institute has been recently granted the “Institution of Eminence” tag by MHRD, Govt. of India. It is also India’s highest ranked non-Government Institute as declared in QS BRICS, QS Asia, and QS India 2019. However, according to BITS Pilani, “At present, MBA programme is not offered at Goa or Hyderabad campuses.”
MBA programme at BITS Pilani is one of the reputed management programmes offered in India. The Department of Management at BITS Pilani offers 2 years full time MBA programme and the doctoral programme in management. The applicant had to apply online by the last date and had to send the hard copy of the application.
For admission to MBA Programme, candidates have been shortlisted based on their CAT (2019) / XAT (2020) / GMAT (2019) percentiles. The shortlisted candidates also have to appear for Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI) and Writing Ability Test (WAT) held in Delhi, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune or Pilani during March/April 2020.
The 2 years MBA is the flagship management programme at BITS Pilani.
BITS: National & International Campuses
BITS is located in the Vidya Vihar campus adjacent to the town of Pilani in Rajasthan. In 2000, BITS opened a campus in Dubai making it the first Indian university with an overseas campus. Subsequently, in the year 2004 and 2008 BITS opened its campuses in Goa and Hyderabad respectively.
BITS Pilani MBA Specialization
BITS Pilani offers specialization in following areas in its MBA programme - Finance, Marketing, Human Resource, Operations, Engineering & Technology Management and IT Enabled Services Management.
Highly Ranked University
BITS Pilani MBA is consistently ranked among the best in the country by various survey reports. The latest survey done by Outlook India for 2018 ranks the BITS Pilani MBA program in the top 20 in India. According to the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) report 2019, under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, BITS Pilani has been ranked among the top 25 universities in the country.
BITS Pilani MBA Placements
BITS Pilani has a consistent record of excellent placements. The maximum and average compensation packages at BITS Pilani have been rising year after year. Companies visited the BITS Pilani campus this year from a variety of sectors.
Highest Salary in Placement 2019 has gone up to Rs.15 lakhs and the average salary stood at Rs. 9.18 lakhs.
Some of the recruiters at BITS Pilani include Accenture, Cognizant, Toyota, Bombardier, Maybank, Zomato, HolidayIQ,KPMG, IndiaMART, Rubique, VFS Global, Dream VU Inc, Shriram Transports, Newgen Software, Moolchand Healthcare among others.
In the last three years, 40 companies have recruited students from the Department of Management, BITS Pilani, through institutional effort. In the same duration, 17 companies have extended placement offers to students from the Department of Management who worked as interns during Practice School-2 in these companies
Exam Accepted for MBA Admission
BITS Pilani accepts CAT , XAT and GMAT scores for admission to MBA. BITS Pilani MBA Admission criteria do not prescribe high cut offs. The candidates with other excellent academics and quality achievements stand a good chance for admission.
BITS Pilani MBA Fees 2020-22
BITS Pilani MBA programme tuition fee is Rs.8,00,000 /-.
BITS Pilani MBA Admission 2020: Important Dates
BITS Pilani has announced following key dates and deadlines for MBA admission 2020:
BITS Pilani MBA Admission 2020
Announcement of shortlisted candidates for GD / PI / WAT
10th March 2020
GD / PI / WAT
3rd week of March 2020 – 1st week of April 2020
Announcement of admission offers
10th – 14th April 2020
Deadline for admission of selected students
28th July 2020
Freshers’ orientations programme
30th – 31st July 2020
Registration of courses
1st August 2020
How to Apply for Admission
Candidates may apply through the prescribed Application Form available online at BITS Pilani official website. They should take a printout of the filled form.
The completed application forms along with the proof of fee payment of Rs. 3150/- should be sent to Dean, Admission (BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus).
BITS Pilani MBA Admission Eligibility
- Candidate must hold a B.E. / B. Tech. in Engineering or a Master’s Degree in any discipline from any recognized university or any integrated first degree of BITS
- Candidates should have obtained minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination in the year 2020, can also apply.
- Such candidates will have to submit the mark sheet and the certificate of passing bachelor’s degree by October 1, 2020. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
- Students in final year of Degree should share in the form their percentage up to the Second Year/Last completed semester
- All candidates should have taken either CAT 2019; XAT 2020 or GMAT exam
- Besides registering for CAT/XAT/GMAT exam, candidates are also required to apply for admission to BITS Pilani through a separate Application Form which is available online on the BITS Pilani Website
BITS Pilani Admission Criteria
BITS Pilani MBA Admission Criteria 2020 is a two step process involving the shortlisting criteria and the Final selection Criteria comprising entrance exam score, Academics among others.
- BITS Pilani Shortlisting Criteria
The first part of BITS Pilani MBA Admission criteria is its shortlisting criteria for final selection round. A candidate will be shortlisted by BITS Pilani if he/she meets the following shortlisting criteria:
- Short listed applicants will be called for an Interview Process in March 2020 to be held in Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Pilani
- BITS Pilani will shortlist the Candidates on the basis of entrance exam score –CAT/XAT/ GMAT
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the final stage of the selection process in March/April 2020. The PI process will consist of Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- The final selection round for admission to BITS Pilani will be held at several centres in India.
- Final Admission Selection Criteria
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in Final selection round for admission to BITS Pilani
- Final Selection Round 2020 of BITS Pilani will have 3 components – Statement of Purpose (SoP), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI)
- The GD-PI round will be held at Hyderabad, Delhi, Bangalore and at Pilani on different dates.
- Final Admission offer at BITS Pilani will be based on entrance exam score, academic performance, Work Experience, SoP, performance in GD-PI among others
- Selected students will be suitably intimated
BITS Pilani MBA Admission Cut Off
There is no minimum score of CAT/XAT/GMAT defined as the minimum eligibility criteria. Each year the minimum score varies, depending on the applications received. To ensure that aspiring students are holistically evaluated during the admission process, the department will provide due weightage to the following parameters of applicants.
- CAT/XAT/GMAT percentile
- Educational background
- Work-experience (duration and profile)
- Extra-curricular achievements
- Awards or scholarship received
- Interpersonal skills
- Statement of Purpose
The Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS) Pilani is an all-India Institute for higher education. Established in the year 1971, the department of Management initially offered the two year Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme but later in 1973, when the institute created an integrated educational structure, MBA evolved into the integrated first degree programme- Master of Management Studies (MMS)- which is a blend of engineering and management.
This programme was successfully offered for a time period of three decades. Based on the industrial demands, the course was restructured as MBA in the year 2006. Management education at BITS Pilani builds a basic framework of qualitative, quantitative, analytical, strategic and problem solving skills. The pedagogy is specially designed to create a healthy learning environment, a blend of theoretical concepts and practical nuances. An optimal mix of learning methods ensures a holistic personality development of the students as well.
Stay tuned to MBAuniverse.com for more updates on BITS Pilani