- CAT 2020 Registration Starts on August 5, 2020
- CAT 2020 Registration Ends on September 16, 2020
- CAT 2020 Admit Card Download Begins on October 28, 2020
- CAT 2020 Test Day is November 29, 2020
- CAT 020 Registration Fee has increased to Rs.2000/-
The following are some of the salient features of CAT 2020:
- CAT 2020 will be conducted on November 29, 2020 (Sunday) in two sessions.
- Registration for CAT 2020 will open on August 5, 2020 and will close on September 16, 2020.
- CAT 2020 will be conducted in test centres spread across approximately 156 cities.
- Candidates will be given the option to select six test cities in order of preference. Cities and centres will be assigned to the candidates only after the last date for CAT 2020 registration.
- The concerned authorities will try their best to assign candidates to their first preferred city. In case this is not possible, they will be assigned a city following their given order of preference. In the rare case that a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will be allotted an alternate city. However, candidates will not be able to select the session because it will be assigned randomly.
- Candidates must pay the registration fee through online payment modes only, which will include credit cards, debit cards and net banking.
- After submission of the application, candidates will be permitted to download their examination admit card from October 28, 2020 onwards, till the date of the test.
- The duration of the test will be 180 minutes. There will be three sections:
- Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Section III: Quantitative Ability
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they will not be allowed to switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
- Some questions in each section may not be of multiple-choice type. Instead, direct answers will have to be typed on the screen. The tutorials will clearly explain this. Also, we will allow use of a basic on- screen calculator for computation.
- Tutorials to understand the format of the test will be available on the CAT website from October 16, 2020. Candidates are advised to work on the tutorials available on the CAT website well in advance.
- The CAT website contains a section on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that addresses some of the commonly asked queries regarding CAT 2020. Candidates may also contact the CAT helpdesk over email or phone.
- COVID-19 and Possible Disruptions: CAT 2020 process is to be conducted taking into account the COVID-19 crisis. The information provided by the CAT website is contingent upon the decisions and directions issued from time to time by the Central & State governments and IIMs. Candidates are advised to regularly check the CAT website for further information.
What are the important details you will get on CAT 2020 website and how should you be ready for it? Read this article till the end to prepare yourself in advance. Also read this CAT Registration Step by Step Guide by MBAUniverse.com.
10 Important things you should check on CAT Website
Activation of CAT 2020 websiteis a great help for the CAT aspirants, to get full information about the CAT exam. You will get all the important information in detail on CAT website which will help you in ascertaining your eligibilityand getting answers to all your CAT related queries. You should check the following 10 key points on CAT website
1. Important dates and CAT exam schedule
All the dates related to CAT 2020 exam schedule are available on CAT website in regard to dates for CAT registration commencement and closing date, CAT registration process and fee, CAT 2020 Exam Date
2. CAT exam eligibility: Ascertain your candidature
There are certain instances where candidates even after completing their graduation are not eligibile to appear in CAT. The official CAT website will inform about the key eligibility criteria for example acceptable recognized institutes and universities, percentage of marks and grades among others.
3.CAT Registration Guide and Video
CAT registration guide and registration video will be launched only on CAT website by IIM Indore to help IIM aspirants to know about the step by step registration process, how to register for the first time, how to fill up the CAT online application form, required documents and their size, how to upload your image, signature and mandatory documents and how to make payment of CAT 2020 registration fee.
4. CAT 2020: Revised exam pattern & Testing Mode
In this Covid-19 pandemic, the details about revised exam pattern, testing mode of CAT 2020, its sections, number of questions, type of questions are shared only on CAT website and not in CAT notification. Since the CAT exam pattern is reviewed every year by IIMs, there could be major or minor changes in CAT 2020 exam pattern which could be understood after going through the CAT website.
5. CAT Scoring pattern
To keep the academic diversity and more representation of different education domain in IIMs on increasing trend, in case there is any change in the scoring pattern of CAT 2020 it will be available only on CAT website.
6. Updates on IIMs and their programmes
The CAT 2020 website will display number of different management programmes offered by the 20 IIMs. You will need to choose the preferred IIM and preferred programme while finalizing the CAT 2020 registration. This will help you to finalise your registration as you need to choose and fill up the names of IIMs, their programmes and interview cities in order of preference so that you may be considered by respective IIM as per your choice, if you are shortlisted.
7. CAT 2020 Exam Syllabus
Going by the past CAT exam pattern and topics on which questions are asked in CAT exam every year, a candidate can take the clue to prepare for CAT 2017 exam which will amount to preparing as per CAT syllabus.
Syllabus of CAT exam 2020 is based on the mentioned guidelines and current structure of CAT exam. Past tendencies reflect that CAT exam syllabus and pattern overall tests the candidate on Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension; Quantitative Aptitude; Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning. CAT exam Syllabus covers all the major topics on these test sections..
8. CAT 2020 Admit Card Dates & Instructions
All the key instructions in regard to your CAT 2020 admit card download, exam day instructions, what to carry and what not to carry are contained on the CAT website. All the CAT aspirants who register and wish to appear in CAT 2020 should meticulously go through these important instructions.
9. CAT 2020 Official Mock: Check dates; Only way to understand CAT pattern
Official CAT website will share information about the mock test release date. Official CAT Mockis the key source to understand the CAT exam pattern and CAT exam syllabus. The more you practice and study according to this structure and content, the better will be your CAT preparation.
10. Check the CAT 2020 Test Centres
Year after year the test cities for CAT exam are changed and increased. It is again expected that for CAT 2020 a few test cities may not be included while few more may be added in different states. This information is made available on CAT website only. For example in 2018 IIMs clubbed all the Delhi NCR cities but in 2019 again separated them as test cities.
Remember, Common Admission Test or CAT 2020 is the mandatory entrance exam for admission to MBA/PGDM 2021-23 batch in all the 20 IIMs, FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurugram, IMI New Delhi, IMT Ghaziabad, JBIMS Mumbaiand 500 + B-schools in India. This year the responsibility to convene CAT is assigned to IIM Indore. Last year IIM Kozhikode conducted CAT exam. CAT is a computer-based exam of three hours duration with 100 questions divided into three sections. There is steady rise in number of CAT exam takers during last three years. There were 199,632 test takers in CAT 2017 which increased to 209,405 in CAT 2018 and to 209,926 test takers in CAT 2019.
MBAUniverse.com will help you Register for CAT 2020 easily. So,stay tuned.