The countdown to CAT 2020 has begun! CAT Registrations, the first milestone, have kicked off on August 5 at 10 AM. IIM Indore has released CAT 2020 Registration Guide to facilitate students. MBAUniverse.com shares below the key points in registration guide for CAT 2020. This article will also let you know all about the CAT registration do’s and don’ts and implications of early and late registration.
What is CAT Registration Guide 2020? Well, this is an official document released by IIM conducting CAT (this year it is IIM Indore) on their official website – iimcat.ac.in. Guide comprises all the key details like ‘how to register’ and ‘how to fill CAT 2020 application form’, important instructions and do’s & don’ts that you should adhere to while filling in your CAT registration and application form.
CAT 2020 Registration Guide: Important Details & Information
CAT 2020 Registration Guide consists of 20+ pages comprising detailed information about CAT Registration. You will get all the following details and important information regarding CAT 2020 in the CAT Exam 2020 Registration Guide:
- Documents for Registration: Important Documents required for CAT 2020 Registration are detailed in CAT registration guide
- Overview of CAT Registration 2020: The CAT 2020 registration guide contains all the key features regarding CAT registration process, payment of fee, difference between CAT registration process for Indian applicants and for overseas candidates
- CAT 2020 Registration Video with Guide: Along with CAT 2020 registration guide, CAT Centre 2020 will release CAT 2020 Registration Video afternoon on August 5, to help the applicants to visually understand the process
- CAT Registration Do’s & Don’ts: CAT 2020 registration guide includes all the key do’s & don’ts to help candidates to complete the registration error free
- CAT 2020 Step by Step Registration: The 20+ pages of CAT registration guide 2020 consist of detailed step by step CAT 2020 registration process. Candidates can register and apply for CAT in 3 simple steps – Registration, Application and Payment.
As you wait for the official guide,which can be lengthy to read, MBAUniverse.com has summarised the step by step CAT 2020 Registration Process page by page with actual images for all the steps, from generating unique User ID and Password with OTP verification to making payment of CAT registration fee and finally submitting the application form.
Don’t rush to fill CAT 2020 Form, advises CAT Centre 2020
You need not rush to register and apply for CAT 2020 as all the candidates who complete their registration and make fee payment by the last date of registration, will be treated at par and no discrimination will be made in centre or slot allotment.
Since the CAT application process remains open for more than 40 days, all the candidates who apply for CAT 2020 during this period, will be allotted the test session and test city only after the last date to apply is over. CAT Centre 2020 advises, “Candidates will be given the option to select 6 test cities in order of preference. Cities and centres will be assigned to the candidates only after the last date for CAT 2020 registration and hence candidates need not rush to block slots and cities in the initial days of registration.” So it is better to understand the process and then apply.
CAT 2020 Registration Guide: Do’s & Don’ts
Take note of following dos and don’ts that will be found in CAT Registration Guide:
5 Do’s in CAT 2020 Registration Guide
- Eligibility: Before You Register, check your eligibility for CAT 2020.
- Verified Email and Mobile No: Ensure that you have a CAT 2020 dedicated valid and unique email address and mobile number.
- Read Instructions First: Read the instructions at the start of the form before you fill the information
- “*” (asterisk) Means Mandatory: The fields marked with this symbol must be filled in or you will not be allowed to submit your application for CAT 2020
- Use Correct Browser: Use Internet Explorer (version 11 and above); Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61); Google Chrome (version 50 to 69)
5 Don’ts for CAT 2020 Registration
- You will not be allowed to continue with CAT 2020 registration process, if mandatory information is not entered or the required Certificates are not uploaded
- No request for change in the information provided in the Application form will be entertained at any future stage after submission of application, so check and carefully verify the accuracy and authenticity of the information submitted
- If you do not verify the OTP in registration, the CAT 2020 User ID and password will not be sent to you and your registration will remain incomplete
- If you do not receive the email within a reasonable period of time, please check your spam folder
- No change is allowed, once the payment is made and the Application form is submitted
CAT 2020 will be a single day 2 session exam and will be held on Sunday November 29, 2020 across the country in 156 cities. The shortlisted candidates on the basis of CAT 2020 scores will have the opportunity to get admission in one of the 20 Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) in 2021 and other top B-schools like FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon, IMI New Delhi, IMT Ghaziabad, JBIMS Mumbai, TAPMI Manipal among hundreds of other MBA colleges.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on CAT 2020