IIM Ahmedabad has extended CAT 2021 Registration deadline till September 22, 2021 and will close it at 5 PM. CAT Convener Prof M P Ram Mohan has shared with MBAUniverse.com that there will not be any further extension of registration date and has urged the test takers to register well in advance to allow themselves a hassle-free registration process and to avoid last-minute technical glitches.
Sharing with MBAUniverse.com and advising the CAT aspirants in his clear message, CAT 2021 Convenor Prof M P Ram Mohan, Faculty & Admission Chair at IIM Ahmedabad said, “No extension after 22nd September. I request all the candidates to complete the registration formalities well before 22nd.” MBAUniverse.com had already predicted and advised the CAT aspirants not to expect any further extension and should finalize their registration preferably before the extended last date and avoid the deadline as the last minute rush can again put them into technical glitches and they may miss the chance to appear in CAT 2021. Read More
IIM Ahmedabad had announced the 7 days extension in the last date for CAT 2021 registration on September 15. The revised deadline is now September 22, 2021 till 5 PM. While extending the CAT registration last date, CAT exam convener said “In response to many requests and on account of continued prevalence of COVID-19, the CAT Committee of the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) have decided to extend the CAT 2021 registration deadline to September 22, 2021.”
Immediate Steps you need for CAT Registration 2021
- Don’t wait for last date of CAT Registration. It may cause technical glitches
- Making payment of CAT registration fee on the last date/closing time of registration may get your payment stuck in transit. So, do it well in advance
- ·You need time to collect various documents and information to register and apply for CAT. So gather them all before proceeding for registration.
- ·Make sure to complete the CAT registration error free.
- To make online payment of registration fee of Rs.2200/- keep your Net banking/debit card/credit card or other online payment instruments ready.
CAT 2021 exam is scheduled on Sunday, November 28, 2021 in 160 cities. Common Admission Test (CAT) is the largest MBA entrance exam, leading to admission opportunity in 1000+ MBA colleges including 20 IIMs, FMS, MDI, SPJIMR, IITs among others. CAT 2021 exam is being conducted as per last year pattern and duration.
Although all the candidates who apply for CAT 2021 will be treated at par by IIMs in centre and slot allotment, it is advised by CAT Convener to apply for CAT without waiting for last date on account of following reasons
Advice by CAT Convener: Register for CAT 2021 Early
The advice to register and pay CAT 2021 fee early, comes from none other than but the CAT 2020 exam convener and IIM Indore faculty, Prof M P Ram Mohan. This is not without valid reason as shared with MBAUniverse.com by CAT Convener Prof Ram Mohan, “Register well in advance to have a hassle-free registration process and to avoid last-minute rush.”
5 Reasons: Why You Should Register and Apply Early for CAT 2021
It will be good enough in your own interest to finalise the registration in before the deadline. Timely registration for CAT 2021 will help you to avoid the technical glitches that you may face on the last date and in last few hours. It will also be helpful in timely documents upload in correct format while applying for the exam. Experts also suggest that early registration is good as on the last day you may face following issues:
1. Time needed to Read and Understand the process
CAT Centre 2021 has shared the registration guide and registration video. It is better to go through the same and understand each step of registration process for CAT 2021. You can complete it in parts also. All this requires time, so start and complete the process early.
It will be better to complete your CAT 2021 registration form early in all respects and submit the form. You never know what might happen at a later date.
2. The 3 Step CAT Registration Process: The Sooner, the Better
CAT 2021 registration steps are simple and can be completed within the specified time although candidate can login again and again to complete the process. It will be better to register and apply in parts as and when you get time. For this you need some time and unless you initiate the process early, you may find it difficult to fill accurate information in the application form in time.
- Create a Profile
- Log in with system generated User ID and Password
- Submit Application after entering details and making online payment
CAT 2021 registration process is more ‘user friendly’ as the guidelines are clear and substantial changes have also been incorporated in the registration process. Check the Step by Step CAT 2021 Registration process
3. Difficult to Gather, Scan & Upload Documents on Last Day
You need to gather number of documents and scan many of them to upload in your CAT 2021 exam application form. It may become difficult to do all this exercise on the last day. It will be better to complete the process well in time.
Following are the mandatory items of information you will need during the CAT 2021 registration process. Keep them ready
- Educational history
- Mark sheets (10th /12th/ Degree/Diploma)
- Work experience, if any
- Applicable Certificates to upload (Affidavits, Reservation certificates among others)
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. (The photo should not be more than six months old and should have a white background)
- Prepare a list of the IIM programmes to which you wish to apply
- Prepare a list of centres also where you wish to attend the PI round
4. Making Choice of preferred 6 Test Cities
Out of 160 test cities, you need to choose 6 preferred test cities. Before opting for these test cities, you should be careful about your choice viewing the test city connectivity, your proposed journey plan among other factors.
It is very much possible that you may not be allotted the 1st preferred test city and are allotted 2nd or 3rd preferred one. If the test cities are not carefully chosen, you may get into hot water in case your expected test city is not allotted. The allotment of test centre will be on ‘random’ basis subject to availability. The aspirant has to fill in the choice of 6 test cities in order of preference.
5. Overcrowding on last day
A key reason behind the suggestion to register and apply for CAT 2021 early is the anticipated overcrowding for CAT 2021 registration on the last date. There is the risk of technical glitches coming up due to which it may become difficult to register and complete the application form as the server may go slow, may throw time out signal due to which you may not be able to upload the documents and may not make payment of fee
Sometimes, while making payment of CAT registration fee on the last day, your payment may get stuck in transit. It should be noted that no refund of CAT 2021 application fee will be made to you, if your account is debited and the fee is stuck in transit. You need to register and apply again.
Going for Late Registration, Many Candidates Miss CAT Every Year
In the past, many candidates who did not finalise their CAT registration early and left for later days, missed CAT exam as they could not apply due to one or other reason.
So, despite the fact that all the candidates who register till last date of submitting CAT application 2021 are treated at par, the earlier you apply the better you will be. Although you need not rush, but simultaneously avoid registration on the last date.
Important Dates for CAT Exam 2021
Following are the CAT 2021 important dates as announced by CAT Centre 2021 for different activities
CAT 2021 Official Website Launch
August 1, 2021
CAT 2021 Registration Start Date
August 4, 2021
Last Date to Apply for CAT 2021
September 22, 2021 till 5 PM
CAT 2021 Registration & Application Fee
CAT 2021 Admit card Download Start date
October 27, 2021 5PM onwards
CAT 2021 Exam date
November 28, 2021
Many Changes in CAT Exam 2021
Apart from the extended CAT Registration Deadline, other key aspects of CAT 2021, are:
- CAT 2021 Exam in Three Session: Will be conducted on November 28, 2021 (Sunday) in three sessions – Morning, After noon and Evening.
- Exam Duration Reduced to 2 Hrs: The revised duration of the test will be 120 minutes.
- Exam Divided in Three Sections: Section I- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension; Section II- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning; Section III- Quantitative Ability
- Section wise time limit set to 40 mins: Candidates will be allotted only 40 minutes for answering questions in each section. They will not be allowed to switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
More than 2.4 lakh candidates are expected to apply for CAT 2021. During last four years there is steady rise in number of CAT exam applicants. There were 2.31 lakh applicants in CAT 2017 which increased to 2.41 lakh in CAT 2018 and to 2.44 lakh in CAT 2019 but was reduced to 2.28 lakhs in CAT 2020 due to Covid pandemic. However, the registration number has picked up in CAT 2021 and the final number will be known after the registration process closes.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on CAT 2021