IIM Bangalore has opened the CAT 2022 registration process on August 3 for 45 days, three days after release of CAT Notification on July 31. The last date of CAT Registration closes on September 14, 2022. CAT exam will be held on November 27, 2022 in three slots of 2 hours duration each.
Organized by one of the top 6 IIMs every year, Common Admission Test (CAT) is the mandatory entrance exam for admission to MBA/PGDM in all the 20 IIMs and hundreds of other highly ranked B-schools including FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurugram, IITs, and others. This year IIM Bangalore is conducting CAT on November 27, 2022 in three slots of 2 hours duration each. Prof Ashis Mishra, faculty at IIM Bangalore is the CAT 2022 exam Convener.
The process of Online Registration for CAT 2022 can be completed at official CAT website iimcat.ac.in. In its CAT Notification dated July 31 and subsequently with the beginning of CAT registration process, IIM Bangalore has shared all the dates and details about CAT 2022 Exam.
If you are an MBA aspirant and wish to take admission in one of the IIMs, you need to first register and apply for CAT exam by meticulously following the step by step process. If you miss any step, your registration process will remain incomplete and if you fill in, any wrong information in CAT registration form, you will not get admission in any IIM even after scoring high in CAT 2022 exam. Read below and understand the Step by Step Registration process for CAT 2022, key requirements & check points how to fill CAT 2022 Registration form, CAT Registration start date, CAT Registration Fees, CAT Registration Last Date among other details
How to Register for CAT 2022?
CAT Registration 2022 steps are simple and can be completed easily following this step by step guide:
1. Login to CAT website iimcat.ac.in and Create Profile
2. Fill in the Registration & Application Form in following steps
2.1 Fill in Personal Details in Application Form
2.2 Submit Academic Details from Class 10 onwards
2.3 Fill in your Work Experience
2.4 Select IIMs & Programmes that you wish to apply
2.5 Select your Preferred CAT Exam Cities ( IIMs offer a choice of 4 or 6 test cities)
3. Make Online payment of CAT Registration Fee
CAT 2022 Registration Fees
IIM Bangalore has increased the CAT registration Fees by Rs.100 this year. The category wise Registration Fees details are as under:
Category of Applicant
CAT 2022 Registration Fees
CAT 2022 Registration: Important Documents Required
CAT exam 2022 registration process is online. So you need a computer with good connectivity. Following are the important documents required for CAT registration and key check points you should know before proceeding for CAT exam 2022 registration
- Mark sheet – Class-10
- Mark Sheet – Class 12th
- Mark sheet – Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma
- Final Year Certificate from the HoD/Principal (If in final year of bachelor’s degree) also previous year mark sheet
- Work experience Document, if any
- Applicable Certificates to upload (Category/Affidavits). Check and understand the size and format of Documents to be Uploaded
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. See detail below.
- Keep ready the list of the IIM programmes to which you wish to apply, before you fill in the application form.
- Keep ready the online fee payment instruments like Debit/Credit cards, Net banking.
- Check your Laptop/Desktop for fast connectivity
- The recommended browsers to fill the Application form are: Internet Explorer (version 11 and above)/ Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61)/Google Chrome (version 50 to 69)/Make sure that your E-mail Id is working as you will need it throughout the CAT exam and even after till the admission process in IIMs is not completed
- Keep the instruments ready to pay the CAT registration fee like Net Banking, Credit/Debit card
CAT Registration Eligibility Criteria
CAT Registration Eligibility Criteria require that you should have one of the following academic qualifications
- A graduate in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in bachelor’s degree, if you a general category candidate; or
- Appearing in final year of graduation in 2022; or
- A graduate in any discipline with minimum 45% marks in bachelor’s degree, if you a reserved category candidate
Important Guidelines for CAT 2022 Registration
Take note of the following important guidelines:
- Keep the entire information like academic details, scanned photo & signature images, registration fee payment instruments ready before filling up the registration & application form
- After receiving CAT ID and Password do not copy paste it to login window and for filling up application form as it may give mismatch message. Better to write it in the given spaces
- Move carefully to fill your CAT registration form as given in the step by step process below
- It takes half an hour to complete the CAT registration and application form. However, you may complete it in parts also. Please ensure to save the application part that you have completed.
- You will not be allowed to move further on registration form, if mandatory information is not filled up.
- Wherever needed, required Certificates, scanned images of photographs, signature are to be uploaded, else your registration will remain incomplete
- If you forget your password during the online registration process, you may click on the Forgot Password button on the Existing User login window. The new password will be sent on the email to you, and not as an SMS.
- Once you have made payment of registration fee and submit the application, you will receive a confirmation mail. After this, changes to any information on the application form are not possible.
All the candidates who complete their CAT 2022 registration within the Registration window of more than 45 days will be treated at par in Test Centre allotment and Test session allotment process.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on CAT 2022