Your dream of getting into one of the top 20 IIMs, XLRI, FMS, IIFT, SPJIMR, MDI, SIBM in 2020 could be realised as the admission process to these best 2 years post graduate programmes - MBA has started in top MBA colleges from the month of July 2019 and is available till last week of November or first week of December 2019 through various MBA entrance exams.
While NMIMS Mumbai admission process for 2020-22 batch has already started from July 2, 2019 with the start of NMAT registration process, the application process for other top MBA exams is scheduled to begin in the month of August 2019. However, before knowing and arriving at a decision which MBA entrance exam you should apply for and which MBA college you should choose, it is better to check the brief details and highlights of MBA programme that you are going to pursue after graduation:
Apply to NMIMS, ISB, SPJIMR and 30+ B-schools for Admissions 2020 – Register for NMAT by GMAC now
Applications Open for NMIMS Univesity MBA/PGDM Programs for Academic Year 2020-2022 | Apply Now
MBA Programme: Highlights
- Programme Duration: 2 Years
- Eligibility for MBA Admission: Graduation in Any Discipline with Minimum 50% Marks
- Programme Name: MBA or PGDM
- Career Prospects: High-depending upon the MBA college you have chosen
- Admission Process: Through Entrance exams to be held from October 2019 to January 2020 like CAT/XAT/NMAT/SNAP/IIFT/IBSAT/CMAT/ MAT/ATMA
- Top MBA Colleges With Best Learning & Placements: IIMs, FMS, MDI, SPJIMR, XLRI, IIFT, NMIMS, SIBM & hundreds of others
- Programme Fee: As Low As Rs.25000 in Government University Departments like FMS Delhi and as high as Rs.23 lakhs as in IIM Ahmedabad
- Programme Approvals: MBA is Approved by UGC and PGDM by AICTE and is declared as MBA equivalent by AIU
MBA or PGDM: Difference of Name only
Two important queries raised by the aspirants planning to do MBA are – what is the difference between MBA and PGDM and which programme they should choose.
In fact, MBA courses offered by different MBA colleges are known by MBA/MMS/PGDM programmes. It is the content & quality of MBA course curriculum, pedagogy, faculty, learning experience, placement which determine what is the best course in MBA. MBA courses in MBA colleges offering them are known by different titles. The type of MBA courses in India carry different names in IIMs, University B-schools, Private management institutes among others:
- PGP courses offered by IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Lucknow, Indore, Kozhikode and other 14 IIMs. After passing of IIM Act 2017, many IIMs including IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta have started awarding MBA degree instead of diploma.
- MBA Courses offered by University or University affiliated B-schools like FMS Delhi, IITs, NITIE, NMIMS among others are UGC recognized and are known as MBA programmes.
- PGDM courses offered by private B-schools like XLRI, SPJIMR, MDI, IMI, IMT and hundreds of others are AICTE approved and enjoy MBA equivalence from Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- MMS courses are offered by 300+ Maharashtra B-schools like JBIMS, SIMSREE, PUMBA, K J Somaiya, Welingkar, N L Dalmia among others. They are university affiliated courses and their curriculum is also based on the affiliated university. Many of these colleges also offer AICTE-PGDM programmes for which they have the liberty to design, modify the curriculum as per industry requirement within the AICTE guidelines.
Career Prospects after MBA
Even before completing your MBA from one of the top MBA colleges in India, you can be hired by some of the top companies at a salary that may go as high as Rs.75 lakhs and as low as Rs.15 lakhs. Even the lowest salary in campus placement at a top MBA college is higher than the highest salary of a bottom line MBA college. You can also get international placements at a salary much higher than salary offered by the companies for domestic placement.
How to Get Top MBA Colleges in 2020: Know the Process
MBA Admission process starts in the month of July every year. Notifications for National level MBA entrance exams begin to be released in the first week of July and are over with their last dates to apply in the months of September, October, November & December. The dates vary from exam to exam. Share below are the important details of most important MBA entrance exams leading to admission 2020 in top MBA colleges:
How to Get Into IIMs: Apply for Common Admission Test (CAT) 2019
CAT 2019 is the largest and undisputedly most important MBA entrance exam for MBA admission 2020. It is the gateway to 20 IIMs and other top MBA colleges in India. The MBA admission options which are available through CAT are more than any other exam. Almost all the top MBA colleges accept CAT exam scores.
- CAT 2019 Application Start Date: August 5, 2019
- Last Date to Apply for CAT 2019: September 18, 2019
- CAT 2019 Application Fee & Process: Rs.2000/- to be paid online
- CAT 2019 Exam date: November 24, 2019
- CAT Exam Pattern: Computer Based of 3 hours duration
- CAT 2019 Result Date: January 8, 2020
- Top MBA Colleges Accepting CAT: IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Lucknow, Kozhikode, Indore, FMS Delhi, MDI Gurgaon, SPJIMR Mumbai, MBA courses offered by IITs, NITIE Mumbai, IMI Delhi, IMT Ghaziabad, TAPMI Manipal, XIM Bhubaneswar and hundreds of other best MBA colleges. Read More
How to Get into NMIMS Mumbai: Apply for NMAT by GMAC 2019
A moderate difficulty level exam, NMAT by GMAC is the only exam leading to admission in MBA programme at NMIMS University Mumbai. There are about 30 MBA colleges who accept NMAT by GMAC exam score. Earlier NMAT was conducted by NMIMS Mumbai now it is conducted by
Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) which conducts GMAT also.
- NMAT by GMAC 2019 Application Start Date: July 2, 2019
- Last Date to Apply for NMAT by GMAC: October 3, 2019
- NMAT 2019 Application Fee & Process: Rs.2360/- to be paid online
- NMAT by GMAC 2019 Exam dates: October 4 to December 17, 2019
- NMAT by GMAC Exam Pattern: Computer Based of 2 hours duration
- NMAT by GMAC 2019 Result Date: 3rd week, January 2020
- Top MBA Colleges Accepting NMAT by GMAC: NMIMS University, SPJIMR, Mumbai (PGMPW), ISB Hyderabad, Mohali (Advanced Management Programme in Business Analytics (AMPBA), VIT University Vellore, Chennai, Xavier University, Bhubaneswar, TAPMI (Mu Sigma- TAPMI L.E.A.D Program), ICFAI, SDA Bocconi, Thapar Business School, Ahmedabad University and many more. Read More
How to Get IIFT MBA (IB): Apply for IIFT Entrance Exam 2020
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) conducts IIFT admission Test annually for admission to its flagship 2 years MBA (IB) programme offered at its three campuses located at Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada (AP). The format of IIFT exam has remained paper based over the years and the exam is conducted at national level in 20 cities. IIFT commands a high reputation and the average salary in placement for its MBA programme also remains very high. A score of 45 to 47 marks in IIFT entrance exam may lead to the MBA (IB) admission in the coveted institute.
- IIFT Application Start Date: August 6, 2019
- Last Date to Apply for IIFT Entrance Exam: September 15, 2019
- IIFT Exam Application Fee & Process: Rs.1650/- to be paid online
- IIFT Exam date: December 1, 2019
- IIFT Exam Pattern: Paper Based of 2 hours duration
- IIFT Result Date 2020: January 5, 2020
- IIFT Admission Options: IIFT Delhi, IIFT Kolkata, IIFT Kakinada (AP). Read More
How to Get XLRI: Apply for XAT 2020
XLRI will conduct XAT 2020 as a computer based test in a single session across the country. XAT is an important computer based MBA entrance test leading to MBA admission in XLRI, SPJIMR, IMT, XIMB, TAPMI, XIME and other 150 MBA colleges in India. XAT is considered a bit more difficult than other MBA entrance tests. The cut offs therefore in XAT do not go very high. XLRI conducts XAT entrance exam in the month of January every year. After finalizing the XAT exam date, XLRI announces the complete schedule and all XAT important dates in the month of August. As the XAT is for admission to all the Xavier institutes, the XAT full form is Xavier Aptitude Test.
- XAT 2020 Application Start Date: August 2019, 3rd week
- Last Date to Apply for XAT 2020: November 30, 2019
- XAT 2020 Application Fee & Process: Rs.1800/- to be paid online
- XAT 2020 Exam Date: January 5, 2020
- XAT Exam Pattern: Computer Based of 3 hours duration
- XAT 2020 Result Date: Last Week, January 2020
- Top MBA Colleges Accepting XAT: XLRI Jamshedpur, SPJIMR Mumbai, IMT Ghaziabad, XIM Bhubaneswar, TAPMI Manipal, XIME Bangalore, Kochi, Chennai, BIMTECH, Greater Noida, FORE School of Management, New Delhi, GIM Goa, Great Lakes, Chennai, LIBA Chennai and 140 others. Read More
How to Get Symbiosis: Apply for SNAP Test
Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune conducts SNAP Exam in December every year. SNAP exam is held as a computer based test and is a single session test. SNAP is conducted on annual basis for admission to 15 Symbiosis MBA colleges. SNAP is the abbreviated form of Symbiosis National Aptitude Test.
Symbiosis National Aptitude Online Test - SNAP 2019 is the common, mandatory MBA entrance test for admission to all the 15 Symbiosis Institutes affiliated to Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune. The list of SNAP score accepting colleges includes some of the top MBA colleges in the country like Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) Pune which is ranked among top 20 management institutes in MHRD-NIRF Ranking 2019.
Candidates aspiring to join MBA / MSc (CA) / MSc (SS) programmes offered by the Symbiosis Institutes have to appear for the SNAP entrance exam. You should register for SNAP Test & also register for the institutes offering his/ her choice of programmes by paying separate programmes registration fees. If shortlisted, he/she would need to attend the GE-PIWAT process conducted by each of these institutes individually.
- SNAP 2019 Application Start Date: August 25, 2019
- Last Date to Apply for SNAP 2019: November 25, 2019
- SNAP 2019 Application Fee & Process: Rs.1750/- to be paid online
- SNAP 2019 Exam Date: December 15, 2019
- SNAP Exam Pattern: Computer Based of 2 hours duration
- SNAP 2019 Result Date: January 10, 2020
- Top MBA Colleges Accepting SNAP: SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management), Pune; SCMHRD (Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development) Pune; SIIB (Symbiosis Institute of International Business), Pune; SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management) Bangalore; Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM) Nashik among other Symbiosis institutes. Read More
How to Get into TISS: Apply for TISSNET 2020
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) conducts TISS National Entrance Test (TISS-NET) for admission to about 55 of its Programs. TISS has 21 schools and 45 centres offering variety of programmes. TISS NET consists of objective type questions and those with a preliminary knowledge of computer could take TISSNET without difficulty.
TISS NET Exam 2020 will be held on Sunday January 12, 2020 from 2 PM to 3.40 PM in about 40 cities for admission 2020 to different campuses of Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS). A computer based National Entrance Test, TISS NET is the mandatory entrance exam for admission to the MA programmes of Tata Institute of Social Sciences for the candidates seeking career in management and other branches.
- TISS NET 2020 Application Start Date: Last Week October, 2019
- Last Date to Apply for TISS NET 2020: 2nd week, December, 2019
- TISSNET 2020 Application Fee & Process: Rs.1000/- to be paid online
- TISSNET 2020 Exam Date: January 12, 2020
- TISS NET Exam Pattern: Computer Based of 100 Minutes duration
- TISS NET 2020 Result Date: Last week, January, 2020
- Preferred MA Programmes at TISS: MA in Human Resource Management and Labor Relations; MA in Social Entrepreneurship; MA in Globalization and Labor. Read More
How to Get into ICFAI B-School: Apply for IBSAT 2019
IBSAT is an important online computer based MBA entrance test conducted across India by ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (a deemed to be University) and is the gateway to MBA/PGPM at 9 campuses of ICFAI Business School (IBS). IBSAT exam has a test duration of 2 hours.
IBS Aptitude Test (IBSAT) 2019 has a 2 days test window. Some of the candidates are allotted day one exam date for their IBSAT exam 2019 and others are allotted Day 2.
- IBSAT 2019 Application Start Date: July 1, 2019
- Last Date to Apply for IBSAT 2019: December 12, 2019
- IBSAT 2019 Application Fee & Process: Rs.1800/- can be paid online/offline
- IBSAT 2019 Exam Date: December 21 & 22, 2019
- IBSAT Exam Pattern: Computer Based of 2 hours duration
- IBSAT 2019 Result Date: 1st week, January, 2020
- Top MBA Colleges Accepting IBSAT: IBS Hyderabad, IBS Dehradun, IBS Jaipur and other six IBS campuses Read More
Getting into AICTE Approved B-school: Apply for CMAT 2020
A moderate difficulty level, Common Management Admission Test – CMAT is one of the important national level MBA entrance exams for admission to more than 600 MBA colleges in India. All the institutes running AICTE PGDM programmes are supposed to accept CMAT exam score. Instead of AICTE, a newly created testing agency for higher education - The National Testing Agency (NTA) now conducts CMAT exam.
The NTA- CMAT will be held in two shifts on Sunday January 19, 2020. The first shift of CMAT 2020 exam will be from 9.30 AM to 12.30 PM and the second shift of CMAT 2020 exam is scheduled from 2.30 PM to 5.30 PM. There is no change in the CMAT 2020 exam structure which will have 100 questions equally divided into 4 sections of 25 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in each section.
- CMAT 2020 Application Start Date: November 1, 2019
- Last Date to Apply for CMAT 2020: November 30, 2019
- CMAT 2020 Application Fee & Process: Rs.1400/- to be paid online
- CMAT 2020 Exam Date: January 19, 2020
- CMAT Exam Pattern: Computer Based of 3 hours duration in two separate shifts
- CMAT 2020 Result Date: February 8, 2020
- Top MBA Colleges Accepting CMAT: JBIMS Mumbai, SIMSREE Mumbai, K J Somaiya Mumbai, Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai/Gurgaon, PUMBA Pune, GIM Goa, IFMR Chennai, IMT Nagpur, BIMTECH Greater Noida (Specialized Programmes), Welingkar, Mumbai, N L Dalmia, Mumbai among many others. Read More
Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
MAT is one of the important national level MBA entrance exams for admission to 300 MBA colleges in India. AIMA conducts MAT exam four times a year in the months of February, May, September and December. MAT full form is Management Aptitude Test and the exam score is valid for MBA/PGDM admission for once academic session.
The score of MAT September 2019 exam will be accepted by the MBA colleges for admission MBA/PGDM courses starting in 2020. The best part of appearing in each MAT exam is that you can improve your score after every 3 months. Each MAT exam score is valid for 1 year. The best MAT exam score would be considered to get the merit position during admission process of the B-school. The list of MAT Colleges accepting MAT score is published by AIMA for each MAT exam separately.
- MAT Application Start Date: June 7, 2019
- Last Date to Apply for MAT 2019: August 25, 2019
- MAT 2019 Application Fee & Process: Rs.1550/- to be paid online
- MAT 2019 Exam Date: September 1, 2019
- MAT Exam Pattern: Paper Based and Computer Based of 2½ hours duration
- MAT 2019 Result Date: September 28, 2019
- Top MBA Colleges Accepting MAT: BIMTECH Greater Noida (Specialized Programmes); XIME Bangalore; Xavier Business School (XBS) Kolkata; Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow, Noida; KIIT School of Management, Bhubaneswar; IPE Hyderabad; SDMIMD, Mysore;IESMCRC, Mumbai; SIES College of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai; JIMS Rohini, Delhi; IBA Bangalore; VJIM, Hyderabad. Read More
Apart from the national level MBA entrance exams for MBA admission, there are state level MBA entrance tests also. Such entrance exams offer priority admission to their state domicile candidates, although All India category candidates are also considered for the admission.
More than 3000 MBA colleges offer MBA courses in India with different specializations. MBA courses list includes the flagship MBA courses with MBA specializations in different areas and other important MBA courses offered by B-schools in India. IIMs, XLRI, SPJIMR, MDI, FMS and other prominent MBA colleges offer the most preferred and top MBA courses in India.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on MBA Admission 2020