Hitherto known as Institute for Financial Management & Research (IFMR), the leading B-school is now rebranded and is known as IFMR Graduate School of Business at KREA University. The MBA degree at IFMR is now conferred under the auspices of the KREA University. Application for MBA admission 2019 at IFMR is open now.
KREA University: Front Runner to Get Eminent Institute Status
KREA University, promoted by IFMR Society is considered a likely finalist to get the status of Institute of Eminence from Central Government. The IFMR Graduate School of Business at KREA University aims to provide top-quality management education that prepares students to be ethically grounded, be highly skilled in integrated reasoning and be effective leaders of enterprises. Overall the University aims to provide liberal arts education to high potential individuals so that they would learn to create positive and catalytic impact in a dynamic and diverse wor
The university is located in Sricity in Andhra Pradesh and the permission has been sought from the University Grants Commission (UGC). At present the University is functioning from the IFMR campus, by 2020 the university is expected to move to its own campus.
Get MBA Instead of PGDM
IFMR Graduate Business School at KREA University offers a two-year post-graduate Masters in Business Administration (MBA) degree instead of Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM). The MBA at IFMR is recognized all over the world.
- Legacy: Established in 1970, IFMR has a legacy of 48 years. It was established as a not-for-profit society and was sponsored by ICICI, the House of Kotharis and other major industrial groups. The current Board of Governors consists of leaders of major corporations in India as well as respected academicians.
- New Campus in Industrial Hub: A 40 Acre campus at Sri City, near Chennai has recently been inaugurated by IFMR. The campus is ocated in a manufacturing hub comprising some of the leading companies. The campus provides students and faculty with world class infrastructure and outstanding opportunities for collaboration with industry.
- Learning experience: Learning at IFMR is second to none. The faculty at IFMR consists of dedicated full-time faculties holding PhDs from universities such as Minnesota, Ohio, Georgia and Texas A&M in the US as well as the IIMs and IITs in India
- Teacher Student Ratio: IFMR has one of the best ‘faculty: student ratio’ among private business schools in India
- Curriculum & Specialization: The two-year full-time MBA course consists of 6 trimesters and a two-month intensive summer internship between the 3rd and 4th trimesters. Specialisations at IFMR are available in Data Sciences, Finance, Financial Engineering, IT & Operations, Marketing and Human Resources
- 100% Placement Record: IFMR holds a 100% placement track record with students being placed with lucrative salary packages in a wide range of industries: IT, Banking, Financial Services & Consulting, as well as Manufacturing
- Pedagogy Offers Real Life Experience: IFMR’s curriculum offers a mix of theory with simulated real life exposure and endeavours to shape global business practices through inventive, sharp thinking and cutting-edge research.
Different Admission Rounds for Freshers and Working Candidates
IFMR has offered two opportunities to the candidates for admission to MBA 2019 by conducting two admission rounds – Early Decision and General round. Before you submit your application in either round, note the difference between the two rounds and their respective time lines.
EDR for Working Candidates: Apply by January 31, 2019
EDR is the Early Decision Round and is meant for the applicants who are employed or may not be currently employed but have been employed in the past and currently taking a break for the sake of MBA entrance. The last date to apply for this round is January 31, 2019.
The candidates who were working earlier but are not working currently can apply with Early Decision Round for MBA admission 2019 at IFMR Graduate School of Business at KREA University.
Key Facts about EDR:
- Shortlist of candidates for EDR will be released in 1st/2nd week of February, 2019
- The selection process will start in 3rd week of February 2019
- Final selection result will be declared in the 4th week of February 2019
- The selection process for this round scheduled in February 2019, is expected be held at the following 7 Indian cities – Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Pune; subject to a viable number of shortlisted applicants in each of these centers.
General Round – Both for Freshers & Working: Apply by Feb 15, 2019
The Application for General Round is open to all applicants – employed or fresher. The deadline to apply for the General Round is 15th February2019.
Key Facts about General Round
- The selection process for this round is scheduled in March 2019.
- Result will be declared in the 1st week of April, 2019
- The selection process for this round scheduled in March 2018 is expected to be held at the following Indian cities, subject to a viable number of shortlisted candidates in each of these centers. South Zone – Bangalore, Kochi, Chennai and Hyderbad; West Zone – Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Pune and Jaipur; North Zone – Delhi and Lucknow; East Zone – Kolkata, Bubaneshwar and Patna
Age Limit for Admission
Only the Applicants born on or after January 1, 1992 and on or before December 31, 2000 can apply for admission at IFMR Graduate School of Business at KREA University.
Other Key Requirement for Admission
1st Class Marks with 3 Years Graduation: A bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration, with a consistent good academic record with 1st class marks or equivalent CGPA
Final Year Students can Apply: Students appearing in Final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply
Graduates with Full Time Degree Course: Only the Graduates from a full time degree course, but NOT Part time/ correspondence/ distance mode/ online mode in any discipline with consistent academic record can apply
Upto 3 Years Work Ex Allowed: Work experience is not mandatory, but those with work experience should have less than or equal to 3 years of experience as of 1st December 2018.
Acceptable MBA Entrance Exams
IFMR GSB will accept CAT 2018/XAT 2019/CMAT 2019 or GMAT/GRE (GMAT & GRE (taken on / after 1st January 2016) exam scores for MBA admission 2019.
Apply Online: Application Fee Rs.1500/-
- Application Process is online for Admission to MBA 2019 at IFMR
- The application fee is Rs.1500/- and should be paid through Debit Card / Credit Card / Internet Banking.
- The Application form is available at forms.ifmr.ac.in.
- The form is applicant friendly and the payment of application fee is to be made online only after completion of the application form
IFMR’s new state-of-the-art campus is at the heart of the fast-growing Sri City; a 5,000 acre Special Economic Zone (SEZ) situated 70 km north of Chennai. It is fast becoming a hub for India’s large and medium scale industries, and is a business destination for multinational corporations to establish operations
IFMR has a balanced mix of candidates with industry experience and complete freshers. A trading floor, a well-stocked library, a well-established mentoring scheme, opportunities to learn and earn via live projects and ongoing research collaborations with MIT and Harvard offer a learning environment for the holistic manager of the future.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IFMR Graduate School of Business at KREA University