IPM AT 2019 conducted by IIM Indore for admission to its 5 year Integrated Programme in Management – a combination of BBA+MBA was over on May 10, 2019. Immediately after coming out of examination hall, candidates have started looking for expected IPMAT 2019 cut offs.
The shortlisting for Written Ability Test (WAT) & Personal Interview (PI)by IIM Indore is based on IPM AT 2019 sectional scores as well as overall exam score.
Following are the major points to be considered for IPM AT 2019 Cut offs:
- Only the candidates having positive raw scores and a minimum mark in each of the three sections of IPM AT 2019 are eligible to be considered for shortlisting
- The minimum IPM AT 2019 cut off mark in each section is decided by the Admissions Committee
- The minimum IPM AT 2019 cut off mark in each section will be based on the respective category of the candidate
- No Individual regret letters will be sent to applicants who do not clear IPM AT 2019 cut offs
- IPM AT 2019 cut offs will be decided to shortlist sufficient number of candidates for WAT & PI from the eligible pool of applicants for each category (General, EWSs, NC-OBC, SC, ST and PwD) using the merit list generated based on Aptitude Test Score (ATS)
IPM AT 2019 Cut off: Process at IIM Indore
IIM Indore will arrive at the IPM AT 2019 cut off with the following formula:
Important Points on IPMAT 2019 Cut offs & Admission Process:
- Maximum and Minimum scores are the highest and lowest scores obtained in respective sections by the candidates from the eligible pool
- Shortlisted candidates shall appear for WAT & PI at any one of the eight centres i.e. Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkata and Mumbai
- IIM Indore also expects a consistent and minimum performance in the different parameters of Personal Interview (PI), which will be decided by Admissions Committee
- Candidates not meeting the minimum performance in any of PI parameters will not be considered for the next stage of selection process
IPM AT 2019 Cut Offs
Based on the above and after due exam analysis, experts are of the view that the category wise and section wise IPMAT cut off 2019 is expected as under:
|Category||Quant IPM AT Cut off||Verbal IPM AT cut off|
Overall IPM AT 2019 cut off for General category is expected at a composite score of 145+
This year IPM AT had more or less same difficulty level as that of last year. It is expected that the overall cut off for shortlisting may remain same as that of last year with slight deviation. The Quantitative section in IPM AT 2019 was found split into MCQs and SA type questions in the IPM AT exam 2019.
IPM AT 2019 Analysis
IPMAT detailed analysis by CL with key changes in the IPM AT exam pattern, difficulty level, expected overall and sectional cut off is shared below.
Before we delve deep into the IPM AT 2019 exam analysis and expected cut off, it is important to know the IPMAT 2019 Exam Pattern
|Sectional composition||Section wise Questions||Time
|Expected Score for shortlisting|
|Quantitative Ability (SA)||20||40||36-40|
|Quantitative Ability (MCQ)||40||40||60-68|
IPM AT 2019: Section Wise Analysis
Out of the three sections in IPM AT 2019 exam, theQuantitative Aptitude Section was divided into 40 MCQs and 20 SA type questions. The Analysis for both is shared below:
Section-1 Analysis on Quantitative Ability (SA)
IPMAT 2019 had a separate section on Quantitative Ability short answer questions
- The section had 20 short answer questions.
- This section had no negative marking
- Quant (SA) section in IPMAT 2019 was more difficult and was time consuming.
- Level of difficulty was similar as that of last year
- Many questions in the test paper were based on Logs, Arithmetic Progressions, Geometry, P&C, Probability, and was a mix of concepts.
Topics &Number of Questions in Quantitative Ability-SA
|Topics in the section||No. of Questions|
|Sequences & Series (AP, GP)||4|
|Probability & Venn Diagram||2|
|Total SA Questions||20|
- An attempt between 11-12 could prove good with 85-90% accuracy
- Expected score with these attempts could be 40
Section-2 Analysis on Quantitative Aptitude (MCQs)
- This section had 40 MCQs
- Level of difficulty was similar to last year
- No questions on complex numbers
- Data Interpretation question set was present
- Questions were not very lengthy and were doable
- Difficulty level was slightly higher
Composition of Questions in Quantitative Ability (MCQ)
|Question Topics||No. of Questions|
|Geometry & Mensuration||5|
|Permutation Combination and Probability||5|
|Data Interpretation||5 in one set|
|Matrices and Determinants||3|
Good Attempts & Cut offs
An attempt between 18-20 questions could be good for shortlisting Candidate could score around 80 with 80% accuracy in this section
Section-3Analysis on Verbal Ability
- Section has 40 MCQs
- Difficulty Level was Moderate
- 45-48 minutes were sufficient to attempt 40 MCQs
- 2 RC Passages – one on Birds and other on Social Media figured in VA section
- There were questions on Fill in the Blanks which were easy
- Other questions included English grammar, sentence correction, parts of speech among others
- Questions on Jumbled paragraphs were not followed by options and required the candidates to enter the correct order of sentences
Sectional Composition of Questions in Verbal Ability
|Topic||Number of questions|
|Fill in the Blanks||10|
Good Attempts & Cut off
- Section was moderate, cut off is expected to go high
- An attempt of 33-34 questions with 85% accuracy can be considered good for shortlisting.
The result of IPM AT 2019is expected in the last week of May 2019. IIM Indore will announce the shortlist immediately after the IPM AT 2019 result is declared.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IIM Indore IPM