Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad, one of the leading and highly ranked B-schools, has opened its admission 2022 application process on September 15, 2021. There is a common application form to apply for all the IMT campuses including Ghaziabad, Hyderabad and Nagpur. The application process is online and the application fee is Rs.2000/-
IMT Ghaziabad is a pioneer B-school with smart campus with modern academic facilities and corporate engagement, intensive international connect, faculty with rich experience in industry and academics, a campus life ensuring a holistic approach in grooming the students for the challenging career. The academic environment makes IMT a preferred destination for budding business leaders.
Table of contents
- IMT Ghaziabad – Key highlights
- Programmes & Campus
- Programme Design & Delivery
- Programme Fee
- Placements 2021
- New Initiatives
- Admission Process – Important dates, How to Apply, Criteria, Exam accepted & Cut off
So, before going to know more about the IMT Ghaziabad Admission Process and time lines, let us know all about the key USPs of the institute and other highlights
IMT Ghaziabad: Key Highlights and USPs
- Accreditation: IMT Ghaziabad has earned the top National and International Accreditations. IMT is accredited by the prestigious AACSB International and SAQS. It is accredited by NBA and its PGDM programme enjoys MBA equivalence by Association of Indian Universities (AIU). IMT Ghaziabad is duly approved by AICTE
- Highly Ranked: IMT Ghaziabad is ranked #38 in the GoI MHRD NIRF Ranking 2021 among top 100 management institutes in India. It is ranked # 14 in MBAUniverse.com B-School Ranking 2021 and is 12th in the Business India B-School Ranking 2020-21
- Programme Fee: IMT Ghaziabad PGDM programme fee is Rs.19.53 lakhs.
- High Placements: In Placement 2021 IMT Ghaziabad has recorded average salary of Rs.12.42 LPA and highest salary of Rs.29.32 LPA
- Top Recruiters: Marquee companies visited IMT Ghaziabad for campus placement 2021. Some of the Top Recruiters in Placement 2021 at IMT Ghaziabad included Accenture, Amazon, Bain & Company, Capgemini, Dell, Deloitte, EXL, Godrej, Adani, Abbot, Berger, Bajaj, Cognizant, Genpact, KPMG, Google, Hyundai, Vedanta, ZS among others
- International Faculty Exchange: IMT has active Student and Faculty Exchange Programs with 52+ institutions across the globe. As part of the Global Connect Initiative, IMT would be inviting faculty from reputed partner and non-partner institutes across the world to deliver unique and cutting edge courses at its three campuses. IMT plans to have a 5% of course curriculum to be delivered by International Faculty in the upcoming year.
- International Immersion for Students: The students of PGDM batch 2022-24 will have an option of participating in an international immersion module, titled ‘Global Connect Week’, in Europe/ Asia/Middle East/ Australia/ US as part of their coursework, which will be partly or fully sponsored by IMT based on destination. The module would aim at providing industry exposure, networking activities, professional development workshops, informal cultural immersion.
- Legacy: 40+ years of legacy translating to strong alumni base and preferred choice of recruiters.
- Leader: Leading the league of top ranked private B schools in the country.
- Learning: Pedagogy driven by strong Industry Academia collaboration which is value based and contemporary
- Location: Strategically located campuses around financial, IT and business hubs.
- IMT Nagpur Admission: Application is Open; CMAT applicants can attend Interviews in March without Exam Score; Check Criteria, Fee, Placements
- IMT Hyderabad Admission: Offers 4 PGDMs with multiple Internship options; Check USPs, Criteria, Placements – Last Date to Apply is March 31
The Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad offers PGDM Full Time; PGDM Marketing; PGDM Finance; PGDM-Banking and Financial Services (PGDM-BFS); PGDM Dual Country Programme (PGDM-DCP) apart from part time and executive programmes. IMT has also added new courses in its curriculum.
IMT Develops Anti-Covid Compliant Campus
IMT is closely following Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and AICTE guidelines for all admission processes during the Covid19 pandemic. IMT has commenced on-boarding of second year PGDM, FPM, Executive PGDM students in a phased manner with conditions on return like double vaccination, RTPCR negative report and looks forward to welcome the first year PGDM students soon. IMT is mindful to follow all preventive precautions such as Mask Mandates, Social distancing, Regular sanitization of premises. The facilities at IMT campuses include staggered meal times, sanitizers in hostels, isolation rooms for anyone having symptoms of COVID -19, and ambulance facilities.
IMT Program Design & Delivery
IMT is taking an entrepreneurial approach in designing and academic delivery of programs across the campuses. Each campus of the IMT group has distinguishing features which make it stand out in the clutter. The Management programs at IMT are grounded on the belief that managerial competencies must be coordinated to technology to ensure most impactful management practices. The programs are profiled with the evolving skill needs of the business world, contemporary as well as for future, in order to remain relevant to the ever changing world.
IMT Ghaziabad Fees: Rs.19.53 lakhs
The programme fees which is under revision, payable by PGDM students at IMT Ghaziabad is Rs.19.53 lakhs. The fee is under revision for the PGDM 2022-24 batch
IMT Ghaziabad Placements 2021
IMT Ghaziabad has a consistent record of high placements. The key highlights of placement for the batch 2019-21 are:
- Average Salary: Rs.12.42 LPA
- Highest Salary: Rs.29.32 LPA
- Median Salary: Rs.12 LPA
- No. of PPOs: 41
- No. of PPIs: 30
- Top Recruiters: Accenture, Amazon, Bain & Company, Capgemini, Dell, Deloitte, EXL, Godrej, Adani, Abbot, Berger, Bajaj, Cognizant, Genpact, KPMG, Google, Hyundai, Vedanta, ZS
IMT campuses have taken new initiatives in multiple domains and dimensions. Following are some of the new initiatives planned for the PGDM 2022-24 batch
International Certification Programmes
A number of online certificate courses offered by elite institutions of the world will be made available to the students during the two years’ program duration. Students of PGDM batch 2022-24 can opt for one certification course, sponsored by IMT, among the wide choice of certification courses which will be made available to the candidates. Candidates will choose their final certification program based on the specialization area they are interested in by in depth discussion with faculty mentors.
IMT Added New Courses in curriculum
IMT announced to include core courses in the first year in its curriculum in last year batch to create a broad based understanding of management discipline, supplemented with specialized learning in second year.
- The first year of PGDM program included a special Foundation term to bring all the students with diverse backgrounds to the same platform
- To foster innovation and creativity there are special courses on Design Thinking and Business Model Innovation
- PGDM First Year will end with the fourth term where students are introduced through core electives in their respective areas of specialization before they are exposed to Summer Internships
- Summer Internship will now be a 8-12-week long process in which students are placed in companies on live projects
- In the PGDM Second Year students may major/minor in Marketing, Finance, Operations, IT, HR or Strategy Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Students also have a choice to study Sustainability and Social responsibility as an elective course in Second Year.
IMT Ghaziabad Admission Criteria
IMT Ghaziabad is one of the premier B schools in the country and has extensive and exclusive industry partnerships in the B school arena. The two-year Post-graduate Programme Diploma in Management (PGDM) at IMT Ghaziabad is a full-time residential course for graduates from all disciplines wishing to choose a career in management. Below are shared the key dates for IMT admission, how to apply, step by step guide and complete admission process
IMT Admission 2022: Important Dates
- Online Application form opens: September 15, 2021
- Last date of submission of filled-in application form: November 25, 2021
- Common Admissions Process: February – March 2022
How to Apply for IMT Admission 2022? Application Process:
- Candidates must fill in the online Common Application from
- Mandatory entrance exams are CAT-2021 OR XAT-2022 OR GMAT (1st January 2018 – February 28, 2022) OR CMAT 2022 (Nagpur & Hyderabad only) score.
- Application fee is Rs. 2000/-
The Application fee is Rs.2000/- which can be paid online. In addition, the applicant has to apply and appear in either CAT 2021 or in XAT 2022. Besides, the candidates who have taken GMAT between January 1, 2018 and February 28, 2022 can also apply for IMT Admission 2022. Except for IMT Ghaziabad, IMT Nagpur and IMT Hyderabad will also accept CMAT 2022 score for admission to PGDM 2022-24 batch.
Selection process in February/March 2022
IMT will conduct the Common Admissions process in February and March 2022 for shortlisted candidates from IMT Common Application form for the final selection process. There is one Common Application form for IMT Ghaziabad , IMT Nagpur & IMT Hyderabad campus
4 Step Application Process
IMT application process can be completed in four simple steps.
Step 1: Register
Before beginning to register, read the instructions to fill up the form. At the IMT admission application window ‘Apply Now’, you should enter your Name, Email ID and other required details and register.
Step 2: Personal Information
Login as existing user and fill in all your personal details, address along with entrance test details and other particulars. Complete the details and move to next page
Step 3: Academics & Work Experience
Next page on IMT application form requires you to fill up all your academic details from class 10 onwards. If you have work experience after completing your graduation, you should complete it in months on this page.
Step 4: Make Payment of Application Fee
IMT asks you to make payment of application fee of Rs. 2000/- after you have completed your application form. This is the final step to fill the application form. You can make payment through Credit/Debit card, Net Banking
IMT Ghaziabad Admission Eligibility
- IMT Ghaziabad eligibility criteria require that the candidate must hold a bachelor's degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- One of the most important points in IMT Ghaziabad Admission Eligibility criteria is that apart from a recognized graduate degree, the candidate should be registered for CAT 2021/XAT 2022 or GMAT (Taken between Jan 1 2018 and February 28, 2022) and must score well to become eligible for admission.
- CMAT 2022 score is accepted for admission to IMT Nagpur and IMT Hyderabad.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results is also eligible to apply for IMT Ghaziabad Admission 2022-24.
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by IMT Ghaziabad and offered admission, to submit the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor's degree examination at a later date as decided by IMT Ghaziabad.
The Admission Criteria 2022-24 will be a two step process involving the Shortlisting criteria based on entrance exam score and the Final admission selection Criteria with only 35% weightage to entrance exam score.
1. IMT Ghaziabad Shortlisting Criteria
The first part of IMT Ghaziabad Admission criteria is the shortlisting criteria before final selection round. Adhering to the core values of ‘Developing leadership through Innovation, Execution and Social Responsibility’, IMT’s selection procedure focuses on selecting the “IMT Fit” candidates via rigorous selection process. IMT Ghaziabad will shortlist the candidates on the basis of following parameters:
- IMT Ghaziabad will consider aggregate scores and not sectional scores of the applicants in the acceptable entrance exams for shortlisting.
- IMT will short-list the candidates for the interview round based on their best available test scores in CAT/XAT/GMAT for IMT Ghaziabad campus and CAT/XAT/GMAT/ CMAT score for Nagpur and Hyderabad campus.
- Applicants may submit more than one entrance test score. IMT Ghaziabad will consider the best test score for shortlisting.
2. Final Admission Selection Round Criteria
- Post short-listing on the basis of available scores, applicants will be called for the final selection round at the designated centres
- IMT Ghaziabad selection criteria after final admission round award weight to Entrance exam score; Academics; Work Experience and PI round
- No weightage will be awarded for the work experience below 6 months. Besides, Training/Project work/work done as an integral part of curricular requirement will not be considered.
- Both merit and campus score cut offs will be the basis of selection for IMT campuses
IMT Ghaziabad Admission Cut Off
IMT Ghaziabad Cutoff 2022 will be based on aggregate percentile score although candidates should also score well across the sections of the entrance exam. The cut offs may remain as under:
Expected cut off
GMAT (Jan 2018 to Feb 2022)
For IMT Hyderabad & IMT Nagpur (Including CMAT 2022)
IMT Ghaziabad Admission Process
Following steps are included in the IMT Ghaziabad Admission process:
- Step 1: Register and apply for at one of the entrance exams
- Step 2: The candidate should apply to IMT Ghaziabad by using the common application form for all the 3 IMT campuses. The application fee of Rs.2000/- can be paid online
- Step 3: Complete the IMT application form. In the ‘Application Form‘ the candidate must provide educational qualifications, contact details, and at least one of the following IDs: ID for CAT-2021 OR ID for XAT-2022 OR ID for GMAT OR Roll-No for CMAT-2022 (Only for IMT Nagpur and Hyderabad). More than one test IDs can be submitted. The applicant is required to fill the IDs of the test scores he/she wishes to submit. In case of GMAT score update it by March 15, 2022.
- Step 4: Candidates are short-listed for Personal Interview (PI) round from among the eligible candidates who have a valid entrance exam score and have applied to the programme of IMT Ghaziabad. The Personal Interview process will be conducted in the months of February/March 2022 and will be common for all the IMT Campuses.
- Step 5: After the PI round, admission offers are made by IMT Ghaziabad to successful candidates. The final selection is based on a diverse set of attributes which includes performance in entrance exam, performance in PI round, academics, Work Experience among others
- Step 6: Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates in the last week of April 2022 on the basis of Final Score arrived after awarding the weightage scores on all the components.
IMT Programme Commencement
All PGDM programs for academic year 2022 will commence in June 2022.
With the vision of offering world-class management education in India, Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad consistently opts for more innovations and changes in the selection process to choose IMT fit candidates.
Read More Related Admission Articls
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IMT Ghaziabad