Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad, one of the leading and highly ranked B-schools, has revamped its Admissions process for PGDM 2022-24 batch to enhance its batch profile and bring in diversity. The selection process will be conducted online due to Covid restrictions. The last date to apply for admission 2022 at IMT is January 31, 2022.
For PGDM admission 2022, IMT will shortlist the candidates under three categories based on their Exceptional profile, Exceptional work experience and the candidates with High test scores. Besides, IMT will relax the overall test percentile cut off criteria to about 4-5 percentile, for the candidates shortlisted under the exceptional profiles and exceptional work experience criteria.
Revamped IMT Shortlisting & Final Selection Criteria at a Glance
While IMT will shortlist only those candidates who meet basic eligibility criteria, it will consider and will award due weightage to Candidates with Exceptional profile, Candidates with Exceptional work experience, Candidates with High test scores
The final selection process is also revamped and comprises of 6 key Components based on which final admission offer will be made - Critical Thinking, Personal Interview, Academic Scores, CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT scores, Work Experience (If any), Academic Diversity. There is a common application form to apply for all the IMT campuses including Ghaziabad, Hyderabad and Nagpur. The application process is online and the application fee is Rs.2000/-
Earlier IMT admission process was closed on Nov 25, 2021 and was reopened on Jan 3, 2022 after the XAT exam date. With the reopening of application process, IMT Ghaziabad has offered last chance to CAT, XAT and GMAT test takers to apply for admission 2022. Students who have yet not applied for PGDM batch 2022-24 to IMT Ghaziabad and other campuses of IMT, have an opportunity to apply by submitting the online common application form for IMT Ghaziabad, Nagpur & Hyderabad campus.
IMT Ghaziabad Application Schedule for Admission 2022-24: Revised Dates & Changes
Important Dates & Changes
Application Process Reopened
January 3, 2022
Last Date to Apply
January 31, 2022
Apply by 11.59 PM
Online Selection Process
Due to Covid Restrictions
IMT Ghaziabad is a pioneer B-school with smart campus with modern academic facilities and corporate engagement, intensive international connect, faculty with rich experience in industry and academics, a campus life ensuring a holistic approach in grooming the students for the challenging career. The academic environment makes IMT a preferred destination for budding business leaders.
Table of contents
- IMT Ghaziabad – Key highlights & USPs
- IMT Ghaziabad Fees, Programmes offered, Campus
- IMTG Placements 2021
- IMT Ghaziabad Scholarships
- IMT Ghaziabad Admission Criteria: Key Points in Shortlisting, Final Selection Process
- IMT Ghaziabad Eligibility for admission 2022
- New Initiatives at IMT Ghaziabad
- IMT Ghaziabad PGDM Admission Important Dates
- How to Apply for IMT Ghaziabad Admission 2022: Step by Step Process
So, before going to know more about the IMT Ghaziabad Admission 2022 revamped Process and time lines, let us know all about the key USPs of the institute and other highlights
1. IMT Ghaziabad: Key Highlights and USPs
1.1 Accreditation: IMT Ghaziabad has earned the top National and International Accreditations. IMT is accredited by the prestigious AACSB International and SAQS. It is accredited by NBA and its PGDM programme enjoys MBA equivalence by Association of Indian Universities (AIU). IMT Ghaziabad is duly approved by AICTE
1.2 Highly Ranked: IMT Ghaziabad is ranked #38 in the GoI MHRD NIRF Ranking 2021 among top 100 management institutes in India. It is ranked # 14 in MBAUniverse.com B-School Ranking 2021 and is 12th in the Business India B-School Ranking 2020-21
1.3 Programme Fee: IMT Ghaziabad PGDM programme fee is Rs.19.53 lakhs.
1.4 High Placements: In Placement 2022 IMT Ghaziabad has recorded average salary of Rs.15.28 LPA and highest salary of Rs.62 LPA
1.5 Top Recruiters: Marquee companies visited IMT Ghaziabad for campus placement 2021. Some of the Top Recruiters in Placement 2021 at IMT Ghaziabad included Accenture, Amazon, Bain & Company, Capgemini, Dell, Deloitte, EXL, Godrej, Adani, Abbot, Berger, Bajaj, Cognizant, Genpact, KPMG, Google, Hyundai, Vedanta, ZS among others
1.6 International Faculty Exchange: IMT has active Student and Faculty Exchange Programs with 52+ institutions across the globe. As part of the Global Connect Initiative, IMT would be inviting faculty from reputed partner and non-partner institutes across the world to deliver unique and cutting edge courses at its three campuses. IMT plans to have a 5% of course curriculum to be delivered by International Faculty in the upcoming year.
1.7 International Immersion for Students: The students of PGDM batch 2022-24 will have an option of participating in an international immersion module, titled ‘Global Connect Week’, in Europe/ Asia/Middle East/ Australia/ US as part of their coursework, which will be partly or fully sponsored by IMT based on destination. The module would aim at providing industry exposure, networking activities, professional development workshops, informal cultural immersion.
1.8 Legacy: 40+ years of legacy translating to strong alumni base and preferred choice of recruiters.
1.9 Leader: Leading the league of top ranked private B schools in the country.
1.10 Learning: Pedagogy driven by strong Industry Academia collaboration which is value based and contemporary
1.11 Location: Strategically located campuses around financial, IT and business hubs.
2. IMT Ghaziabad Fees, Programmes Offered, Campus Development
Below are shared the key details on IMT Ghaziabad Fees, programmes offered, programme design and delivery, campus development in post covid scenario and more
2.1 IMT Ghaziabad Fees: Rs.19.53 lakhs
IMT Ghaziabad fees is under revision. Present the IMT Ghaziabad fees as payable by PGDM students is Rs.19.53 lakhs.
2.2 Programmes offered
The Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad offers PGDM Full Time; PGDM Marketing; PGDM Finance; PGDM-Banking and Financial Services (PGDM-BFS); PGDM Dual Country Programme (PGDM-DCP) apart from part time and executive programmes. IMT has also added new courses in its curriculum.
2.3 IMT Ghaziabad Program Design & Delivery
IMT is taking an entrepreneurial approach in designing and academic delivery of programs across the campuses. Each campus of the IMT group has distinguishing features which make it stand out in the clutter. The Management programs at IMT are grounded on the belief that managerial competencies must be coordinated to technology to ensure most impactful management practices. The programs are profiled with the evolving skill needs of the business world, contemporary as well as for future, in order to remain relevant to the ever changing world.
2.4 IMT Develops Anti-Covid Compliant Campus
IMT is closely following Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and AICTE guidelines for all admission processes during the Covid19 pandemic. IMT has commenced on-boarding of second year PGDM, FPM, Executive PGDM students in a phased manner with conditions on return like double vaccination, RTPCR negative report and looks forward to welcome the first year PGDM students soon. IMT is mindful to follow all preventive precautions such as Mask Mandates, Social distancing, Regular sanitization of premises. The facilities at IMT campuses include staggered meal times, sanitizers in hostels, isolation rooms for anyone having symptoms of COVID -19, and ambulance facilities.
3. IMT Ghaziabad Placements 2022
IMT Ghaziabad has successfully completed its placements for batch 2020-2022. It has achieved 100% placement for PGDM batch 2020-2022 with an average package hike of 23 % from the previous year’s, breaking all records of last 40 years of this prestigious institution. Owing to Covid 19 protocols the campus recruitment process was conducted virtually by majority of the recruiters.
Companies spanning across various sectors BFSI, Consulting, IT/ITES, Internet Business, FMCG and Consumer Goods, Logistics and Supply Chain, Automobile, Pharmaceutical amongst others participated in placement 2022. Students have been offered roles in functions such as Consulting, Finance, Strategy, Sales and Marketing, Operations and HR.
3.1 IMT Ghaziabad Placement 2022: Key Highlights
- 100% Placements
- Placement process was conducted Virtually
- Average Salary: Rs.15.28 LPA Registered an increase of 23%
- Highest Salary: Rs.62 LPA Registered an increase of 100%
- 517 Students Placed in 17 days
- 136 companies participated in Placement 2022
- 30% New Recruiters out of total 136
- Top Recruiters: Accenture, Amazon, Bain & Company, Capgemini, Dell, Deloitte, EXL, Godrej, Adani, Abbot, Berger, Bajaj, Cognizant, Genpact, KPMG, Google, Hyundai, Vedanta, ZS
4. IMT Scholarships
IMT will offer the following Scholarships to the eligible students of its Full Time PGDM Programs, Batch 2022-24.
4.1 Entry Level Scholarship
Smt. Leela Nath Memorial Scholarships for female candidates (all campuses) Merit scholarships for candidates with high scores in Admission Tests (IMT Nagpur and IMT Hyderabad)
4.2 Tuition Fee waiver scheme (TFW)
Upto 5% of approved intake per course shall be available under tuition fee waiver scheme as per the AICTE guidelines (All IMT campuses)
The PGDM programs of IMT are AICTE approved programs designed to equip budding managers in various functional areas of management. These programs help students to get holistic approach to learning that enables overall development. The experiential nature of education provided by IMT offers great emphasis on inculcating business values and skills required for complex decision making and problem solving.
5. IMT Ghaziabad Admission Criteria 2022: Salient Points
IMT Ghaziabad is one of the premier B schools in the country and has extensive and exclusive industry partnerships in the B school arena. The two-year Post-graduate Programme Diploma in Management (PGDM) at IMT Ghaziabad is a full-time residential course for graduates from all disciplines wishing to choose a career in management. Below are shared the salient points and step by step process for IMT admission 2022
- Step-1: Apply for CAT 2021/XAT 2022
- Step-2: Apply for IMT Ghaziabad admission 2022 before the last date. Check important dates
- Step-3: IMT Ghaziabad Shortlisting for PI round
- Step-4: IMT Ghaziabad final selection criteria for admission 2022
Each step in detail is shared below:
5.1 Step-1: Apply for CAT 2021/XAT 2022
IMT Ghaziabad accepts CAT and XAT score in its admission process. You needed to apply either for CAT 2021 or XAT 2022, or could apply for both the exams. Your better score will be considered in shortlisting by IMTG
5.2 Step-2: Apply for IMT Ghaziabad Admission 2022
You need to fill and submit IMT Ghaziabad application for admission 2022 online with an application fee of Rs.Rs.2000. Check step by step process how to apply below
5.3 Step-3: IMT Ghaziabad Shortlisting for PI round
IMT Ghaziabad adheres to the core values of ‘Developing leadership through Innovation, Execution and Social Responsibility’. Accordingly IMT’s selection procedure focuses on selecting the “IMT Fit” candidates via rigorous selection process and has revamped its selection process giving weightage to Profile, Work Experience, test score among other parameters. IMT Ghaziabad will shortlist the candidates on the basis of following parameters:
5.3.1 Shortlisting Process Revised: Key Highlights
IMT has revamped its Admission process to enhance its batch profile and bring in higher diversity. There are many changes in selection process of the candidates as IMT has given weightage to strong profiles, in addition to the regular test score and other academic criteria. For Admissions 2022, IMT will be shortlisting candidates under three categories.
- Candidates with Exceptional profile
- Candidates with Exceptional work experience
- Candidates with High test scores.
For candidates shortlisted under the exceptional profiles and exceptional work experience criteria, IMT will relax the overall test percentile cut off criteria to about 4-5 percentile.
5.3.2 IMT Shortlisting Criteria for Admissions 2022: Check Revised Process
Candidates will be shortlisted for the admission process basis meeting basic eligibility criteria for PGDM program as listed by AICTE. In addition to this, test scores, sound academic track record, good profile and work experience (if any) will be considered for shortlisting.
220.127.116.11 Exceptional Profile based selection
In addition to meeting basic eligibility criteria and sound academic scores, the candidate should have at least one of the following capabilities/competencies:
- Bachelors in any discipline (as per AICTE basic eligibility criteria) from a reputable and premium undergraduate college/university/institute within India.
- Bachelors in any discipline (as per AICTE basic eligibility criteria) from a reputable and ranked undergraduate foreign university
- Have represented national/international level teams’ in sports
- Other exceptional skills or talent which can be proven via Govt. certified documents, public awards or rewards.
Important: The validation of documents and final shortlisting of candidates based upon above exceptional profile criteria is under the discretion of IMT and as per IMT’s internal assessment, ranking and selection process. The final decision is binding and cannot be changed
18.104.22.168 Exceptional Work experienced candidates
In addition to meeting basic eligibility criteria and sound academic scores, the candidate should
- Be Working/ have worked in leading national/ foreign multinationals. Internship, articleship, Part Time etc work experience will NOT be considered
- Have a minimum of 2 years (24 months) of post-graduation full time work experience.The list of companies under which the exceptional work ex candidates are being considered are as per IMT’s internal discretion.
For candidates with exceptional profiles and exceptional work experiences, IMT will relax the overall test percentile criteria to about 4-5 percentile.
22.214.171.124 Test score based:
In addition to meeting basic eligibility criteria and sound academic scores, the candidate should have:
- High test scores in CAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ CMAT
- The test score cut offs is subject to change each year, due to the pool of applicants.
- CMAT is considered for IMT Nagpur and IMT Hyderabad campuses only.
- Aggregate scores of acceptable entrance exams for shortlisting
- IMT will short-list the candidates for the interview round based on their best available test scores in CAT/XAT/GMAT for IMT Ghaziabad campus and CAT/XAT/GMAT/ CMAT score for Nagpur and Hyderabad campus.
- Applicants may submit more than one entrance test score. IMT Ghaziabad will consider the best test score for shortlisting.
5.3.3 IMT Ghaziabad Cut Off
IMT Ghaziabad Cut off 2022 will be based on aggregate percentile score although candidates should also score well across the sections of the entrance exam. The cut offs may remain as under:
Expected cut off
GMAT (Jan 2018 to Feb 2022)
For IMT Hyderabad & IMT Nagpur (Including CMAT 2022)
5.4 Step-4: IMTG Final Selection Criteria for Admissions 2022
The final selection process comprises following 6 key Components based on which final admission offer will be made
- Critical Thinking
- Personal Interview
- Academic Scores
- CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT scores
- Work Experience (If any)
- Academic Diversity
5.4.1 Mode of Selection Process: Online Only
The IMT Common Admissions Process for 2022 will be conducted online only due to Covid restrictions in February 2022.
Since the selection process for Admissions 2022 will be conducted in Online mode Only, the candidate will not be required to attend or come to any IMT campus for Selection process.
5.4.2 Final Admission Offer
- All offers of admissions are basis test score cut offs of each IMT campus, profile of candidate, performance in the Admission process and other related admission specific merit criteria. Only IMT Ghaziabad selection criteria after final admission round award weight to Entrance exam score; Academics; Work Experience and PI round
- No weightage will be awarded for the work experience below 6 months. Besides, Training/Project work/work done as an integral part of curricular requirement will not be considered.
- Both merit and campus score cut offs will be the basis of selection for IMT campuses
IMT Ghaziabad awards 35% weightage to entrance exam score in generating final merit list.
Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates in the last week of April 2022 on the basis of Final Score arrived after awarding the weightage scores on all the components
5.5: IMTG Selection process in February/March 2022
IMT will conduct the Common Admissions process in February and March 2022 for shortlisted candidates from IMT Common Application form for the final selection.
6. IMT Ghaziabad Eligibility for Admission 2022
- IMT Ghaziabad eligibility criteria require that the candidate must hold a bachelor's degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- One of the most important points in IMT Ghaziabad Eligibility criteria is that apart from a recognized graduate degree, the candidate should be registered for CAT 2021/XAT 2022 or GMAT (Taken between Jan 1 2018 and February 28, 2022) and must score well to become eligible for admission.
- CMAT 2022 score is accepted for admission to IMT Nagpur and IMT Hyderabad.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results is also eligible to apply for IMT Ghaziabad Admission 2022-24.
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by IMT Ghaziabad and offered admission, to submit the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor's degree examination at a later date as decided by IMT Ghaziabad.
7. IMT Takes New Initiatives
IMT campuses have taken new initiatives in multiple domains and dimensions. Following are some of the new initiatives planned for the PGDM 2022-24 batch
7.1 International Certification Programmes
A number of online certificate courses offered by elite institutions of the world will be made available to the students during the two years’ program duration. Students of PGDM batch 2022-24 can opt for one certification course, sponsored by IMT, among the wide choice of certification courses which will be made available to the candidates. Candidates will choose their final certification program based on the specialization area they are interested in by in depth discussion with faculty mentors.
7.2 IMT Adds New Courses in curriculum
IMT announced to include core courses in the first year in its curriculum in last year batch to create a broad based understanding of management discipline, supplemented with specialized learning in second year.
- The first year of PGDM program included a special Foundation term to bring all the students with diverse backgrounds to the same platform
- To foster innovation and creativity there are special courses on Design Thinking and Business Model Innovation
- PGDM First Year will end with the fourth term where students are introduced through core electives in their respective areas of specialization before they are exposed to Summer Internships
- Summer Internship will now be a 8-12-week long process in which students are placed in companies on live projects
- In the PGDM Second Year students may major/minor in Marketing, Finance, Operations, IT, HR or Strategy Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Students also have a choice to study Sustainability and Social responsibility as an elective course in Second Year.
8. IMT Ghaziabad PGDM Admission 2022 Important Dates
Following are the important dates including IMT Ghaziabad last date to apply for PGDM Admission 2022
- Online Application form Reopened: January 3, 2022
- IMT Ghaziabad Last Date to Apply for admission 2022: January 31, 2022
- Common Admission Process for IMT Campuses: February – March 2022
9. How to Apply for IMT Ghaziabad Admission 2022? Step by Step Process
The candidate should apply to IMT Ghaziabad by using the common application form for all the 3 IMT campuses. The application fee of Rs.2000/- can be paid online. Following steps are included in the application process for IMT Ghaziabad PGDM Admission 2022:
Step 1: Register
Before beginning to register, read the instructions to fill up the form. At the IMT admission application window ‘Apply Now’, you should enter your Name, Email ID and other required details and register.
Step 2: Personal Information
Login as existing user and fill in all your personal details, address along with entrance test details and other particulars. In the ‘Application Form‘ the candidate must provide educational qualifications, contact details, and at least one of the following IDs: ID for CAT-2021 OR ID for XAT-2022 OR ID for GMAT OR Roll-No for CMAT-2022 (Only for IMT Nagpur and Hyderabad). More than one test IDs can be submitted. The applicant is required to fill the IDs of the test scores he/she wishes to submit. In case of GMAT score update it by March 15, 2022.
Step 3: Academics & Work Experience
Next page on IMT application form requires you to fill up all your academic details from class 10 onwards. If you have work experience after completing your graduation, you should complete it in months on this page.
Step 4: Make Payment of Application Fee
After you have completed your application form, make payment of application fee of Rs. 2000/-. This is the final step to fill the application form. You can make payment through Credit/Debit card, Net Banking
IMT Programme Commencement
All PGDM programs for academic year 2022 will commence in June 2022.
With the vision of offering world-class management education in India, Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad consistently opts for more innovations and changes in the selection process to choose IMT fit candidates.
We hope you found this article on IMT Ghaziabad Admission 2022 helpful while looking for admission and deciding on one of the best B-schools which has affordable fee and strong placements. Application process at IMT Ghaziabad is open and the last date to apply is January 31, 2022. More details and application form are available at this link. IMT COMMON ADMISSIONS 2022 OPEN APPLY NOW
Read More Related Admission Articls
- MBA Admissions: A complete guide
- IMT Nagpur Admission
- IMT Hyderabad Admission
- IMT Ghaziabad Alumni
- IMT Ghaziabad Students CAT, XAT and GMAT Toppers
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IMT Ghaziabad
Also read these in-depth articles on: