Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad has reopened its application process for PGDM admission 2021 on January 4, 2021, post declaration of CAT exam result. IMT has modified its admission process this year and will conduct the selection process online due to prevailing Covid-19 situation.
Students who have yet not applied for Admission to IMT have the last chance to apply & fill the online common application form for IMT Ghaziabad, IMT Nagpur & IMT Hyderabad campuses. The highly ranked premier management institute offers AICTE approved PGDM programs. With a new Global Immersion Program, International certifications, learning experience from International Faculty and various Scholarships for eligible candidates for the batch of 2021-23, the 2 year PGDM programs at all IMT campuses are highly coveted. This year IMT has announced new pedagogical initiatives and scholarships for the 2021-23 batch, The application process is online and the application fee is Rs.2000/- plus applicable bank charges.
IMT Ghaziabad is accepting CAT OR XAT OR GMAT scores. IMT Nagpur and Hyderabad will be accepting CAT OR XAT OR GMAT OR CMAT scores. The applicant is required to fill the IDs of the entire test score he/she wishes to submit. Applicants are advised not to wait for last minute to fill forms as there remains a possibility of last minute technical glitches. Read this special article below on IMT admission 2021 and check the eligibility, criteria, fee, placement, admission process and key USPs of IMT Ghaziabad
IMT Ghaziabad is a pioneer B-school with smart campus with modern academic facilities and corporate engagement, intensive international connect, faculty with rich experience in industry and academics, a campus life ensuring a holistic approach in grooming the students for the challenging career. The academic environment makes IMT a preferred destination for budding business leaders.
The Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad offers PGDM Full Time, PGDM Marketing, PGDM Finance, and PGDM-Banking, Insurance and Financial Services (PGDM-BIFS). IMT has also added new courses in its curriculum. There is a common application form to apply for all the IMT campuses including Ghaziabad, Hyderabad and Nagpur. This year IMT has announced more pedagogical initiatives and scholarships for the 2021-23 batch. The application process is online and the application fee is Rs.2000/-
IMT Admission Selection process for 2021
IMT will conduct the Common Admissions process in February and March 2021 for shortlisted candidates from IMT Common Application form for the final selection process. There is one Common Application form for IMT Ghaziabad, IMT Nagpur & IMT Hyderabad campus. Both merit and campus score cut offs will be the basis of selection for IMT campuses - Ghaziabad, Nagpur and Hyderabad
Online Admission Process 2021
The IMT Common Admissions Process for 2021 is online. This has been done keeping in mind the current pandemic situation and precautions to be maintained in lieu of it. In order to maintain standardization of process and making the process user friendly, all shortlisted candidates will be sent across a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) document before the commencement of the Admission process in February 2021 to familiarize themselves with the online process, do’s and don’ts and FAQs.
Key Components of Admission Process
Profile Detail form & submission of SOP (300 words): Before the admission process commences in February 2021, a profile detail form will be sent to all shortlisted candidates by end of January 2021. Candidates need to fill in the details of basic profile, education background, work experience etc. into this form. In addition to this, candidates need to mandatorily submit a 300 word ‘statement of purpose’. The details of SOP will be given and space for same will provided in the Profile detail form.
Video Upload: All shortlisted candidates need to upload a one (1) minute video introducing themselves and their background, career aspirations etc. The same needs to be shot and uploaded in a given format and portal before the selection process begins in Feb 2021. The details of the video upload (portal, size, format etc.) will be shared with selected candidates in the SOP document mentioned above.
Online Personal Interview: All shortlisted candidates need to participate in an online interview process with 2-3 panellists. The interview will be 15-20 min long and will be in online video format. The details of the interview including login details and other protocols will be shared with students via the SOP document mentioned above.
Key Parameters in PI Round: The candidate will be evaluated on five parameters during the Personal Interview process:
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Analytical /Problem solving skills
- Business Affairs and General Awareness
- Domain knowledge
- Future Potential for employability
New Initiatives for IMT batch of 2021-2023
IMT has started several new initiatives for the batch of 2021-2023, keeping in mind the pandemic and its aftermath impacts to employability and the economy. It plans to make students career ready and have an extra edge in order to gain an upper hand to secure the best jobs during their placements and also to carve a successful career.
INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATION PROGRAMS
A number of online certificate courses offered by elite institutions of the world will be made available to the students during the two years’ program duration. Students of PGDM batch 2021-23 can opt for one certification course, sponsored by IMT, among the wide choice of certification courses which will be made available to the candidates. Candidates will choose their final certification program based on the specialization area they are interested in by in depth discussion with faculty mentors.
GLOBAL CONNECT WEEK
The students of PGDM batch 2021-23 will have an option of participating in an international immersion module, titled ‘Global Connect Week’, in Europe/ Asia/Middle East/ Australia/ US as part of their coursework, which will be partly or fully sponsored by IMT based on destination. The module would aim at providing industry exposure, networking activities, professional development workshops, informal cultural immersion etc.
IMT has active Student and Faculty Exchange Programs with 52+ institutions across the globe. As part of the Global Connect Initiative, IMT would be inviting faculty from reputed partner and non-partner institutes across the world to deliver unique and cutting edge courses at its three campuses. IMT plans to have a 5% of course curriculum to be delivered by International Faculty in the upcoming year.
IMT will offer the following Scholarships to the eligible students of its Full Time PGDM Programs, Batch 2021-23.
Entry Level Scholarship
- Smt. Leela Nath Memorial Scholarships for female candidates (all campuses)
- Merit scholarships for candidates with high scores in Admission Tests (IMT Nagpur and IMT Hyderabad)
- Scholarships to students belonging to EWS category (all campuses)
Mid Program Scholarship
1. Shri Mahendra Nath Memorial Scholarships (all campuses)
IMT Taking entrepreneurial approach in Program Design & Delivery
The IMT takes an entrepreneurial approach in designing and academic delivery of programs across the campuses. Each campus of the IMT group has distinguishing features which make it stand out in the clutter.
The Management programs at IMT are grounded on the belief that managerial competencies must be married to technology to ensure most impactful management practices. The programs are profiled with the evolving skill needs of the business world, contemporary as well as for future, in order to remain relevant to the ever changing world.
IMT Develops Anti-Covid Compliant Campus
In response to the challenging working environment thrown up by COVID pandemic, all IMT campuses have set up systems, processes and facilities with detailed SOPs to ensure health safety and security to its students, faculty and staff.
All IMT campuses are strictly following the MHA and the State Government norms for Covid 19 pandemic and taking all necessary precautions. The campuses have created an SOP to be followed by all faculty, staff, and students, including facilities for hand washing, sanitizers installed in key campus locations, Do’s and Dont’s prominently featured, and social distancing in the classroom, common areas, mess and hostel. In addition to this, the campuses will have a Covid isolation ward in case of some student/s feeling unwell and needing isolation. The campuses have tie-ups with close by hospitals, ambulance services, and doctor-on-call to assist all faculty, staff and students in case of emergencies.
The campuses have also installed the following to facilitate learning and not disrupt teaching during and post the pandemic. Some of these features are.
Smart classrooms with camera and projectors installed so that candidates can access live classrooms remotely if needed
Purchasing licenses from high quality video conferencing service companies like Microsoft, Zoom, and Lifesize, etc.
Provisions of conducing & proctoring live exams/quizzes online Provision of conducting blended learning classrooms with break-out rooms etc., for team meetings, group discussions, and team activities.
Digital books and e-library subscriptions to students.
IMT PGDM Fees
The programme fees which is under revision, payable by PGDM students at IMT Ghaziabad and its other campuses is as under:
PGDM 2021-23 Programme Fee (Rs. in Lakhs)
*Under Revision for 2021-23 batch
IMT Ghaziabad Placements
IMT Placements 2020 have achieved new heights. Key placement highlights for the 2018-20 batch are:
Highest Salary in Placement 2020 (Rs. In Lakhs)
Average Placement package (Rs. In Lakhs)
Top Recruiters include Amazon, Accenture, Bacardi limited,Cognizant Technology Solution Cisco, Citi Bank, Cognizant, Credit Suisse, D.E. Shaw, Dell, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Goldman Sachs, Google, HCL Technologies, Hewlett Packard, Hexaware, HSBC, Infosys, KPMG, Mahindra & Mahindra, Maruti Suzuki, Mother Dairy, Piramal, PWC, Royal Bank Of Scotland, SMC Pneumatics, Tata Capital, Tata Motors, VIP Industries, Whirlpool, Wipro among others
Rankings @IMT 2020
- # Ranked 2nd in Supreme B School category by CSR GHRDC
- #Ranked 4th by Business World in Private B-school rankings 2020
- #Ranked 5th by India Today in Private B-school rankings 2020
- #Ranked 6th by The Week magazine in Private B-school rankings 2020
- # Ranked 9th in B-School of Super Excellence and among top 20 Private B-Schools by Competition Success Review - GHRDC
- #Ranked 14th by Education World in Private B- School ranking 2020
- #Ranked 25th by The Week magazine in Private B-school ranking 2020
- #Ranked No. 1 in CSR- GHRDC Private B-School in Telangana 2020
- #Ranked 17th by Education World India’s top 100 Private B-Schools Ranking 2020
- # Ranked 25h by Business World in Private B-School category 2020
IMT Admission 2021: Important Dates
- Online Application form start date: September 14, 2020
- Common Admissions Process: February – March 2021
IMT Adds New Courses in curriculum
IMT announced to include core courses in the first year in its curriculum in last year batch to create a broad based understanding of management discipline, supplemented with specialized learning in second year.
- The first year of PGDM program included a special Foundation term to bring all the students with diverse backgrounds to the same platform
- To foster innovation and creativity there are special courses on Design Thinking and Business Model Innovation
- PGDM First Year will end with the fourth term where students are introduced through core electives in their respective areas of specialization before they are exposed to Summer Internships
- Summer Internship will now be a 8-12-week long process in which students are placed in companies on live projects
- In the PGDM Second Year students may major/minor in Marketing, Finance, Operations, IT, HR or Strategy Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Students also have a choice to study Sustainability and Social responsibility as an elective course in Second Year.
- Application has re-opened from January 4, 2021
- Candidates must fill in the online Common Application from
- Mandatory entrance exams are CAT-2020 OR XAT-2021 OR GMAT (1st January 2017 – February 28, 2021) OR CMAT 2021 (Nagpur & Hyderabad only) score.
- Application fee is Rs. 2000/- plus applicable bank charges
How to Apply for IMT Ghaziabad Admission?
The admission process for PGDM 2021 is as under. To explore admission opportunity in IMT Ghaziabad, the candidates need to apply for admission by using and filling up the common application form for all the campuses of IMT Ghaziabad, Nagpur and Hyderabad. Candidates can apply for admission to the PGDM/MBA programmes at all the campuses of Institute of Management Technology (IMT).
The Application fee is Rs.2000/- which can be paid online. In addition, the applicant has to apply and appear in either CAT 2020 or in XAT 2021. Besides, the candidates who have taken GMAT between January 1, 2017 and February 28, 2021 can also apply for IMT Admission 2021. Except IMT Ghaziabad, IMT Nagpur and IMT Hyderabad will also accept CMAT 2021 score for admission to PGDM 2021-23 batch.
4 Step Application Process
IMT application process can be completed in four simple steps.
Step 1: Register
Before beginning to register, read the instructions to fill up the form. At the IMT admission application window ‘Apply Now’, you should enter your Name, Email ID and other required details and register.
Step 2: Personal Information
Login as existing user and fill in all your personal details, address along with entrance test details and other particulars. Complete the details and move to next page
Step 3: Academics & Work Experience
Next page on IMT application form requires you to fill up all your academic details from class 10 onwards. If you have work experience after completing your graduation, you should complete it in months on this page.
Step 4: Make Payment of Application Fee
IMT asks you to make payment of application fee of Rs. 2000/- after you have completed your application form. This is the final step to fill the application form. You can make payment through Credit/Debit card, Net Banking, Demand Draft among others
IMT Ghaziabad Admission Eligibility
- IMT Ghaziabad eligibility criteria require that the candidate must hold a bachelor's degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- One of the most important points in IMT Ghaziabad Admission Eligibility criteria is that apart from a recognized graduate degree, the candidate should be registered for CAT 2020/XAT 2021 or GMAT (Taken between Jan 1 2017 and February 28, 2021) and must score well to become eligible for admission.
- CMAT 2021 score is accepted for admission to IMT Nagpur and IMT Hyderabad.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results is also eligible to apply for IMT Ghaziabad Admission 2021-23.
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by IMT Ghaziabad and offered admission, to submit the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor's degree examination at a later date as decided by IMT Ghaziabad.
IMT Ghaziabad Admission Process
Following steps are included in the IMT Ghaziabad Admission process:
- Step 1: Register and apply for at least one of the entrance exams – CAT 2020; XAT 2021; GMAT (Taken between Jan 1, 2017 and Feb 28, 2021.) IMT Hyderabad and IMT Nagpur applicants can also register and apply for CMAT 2021
- Step 2: The candidate should apply to IMT Ghaziabad by using the common application form for all the 3 IMT campuses. The application fee of Rs.2000/- can be paid online
- Step 3: Complete the IMT application form. In the ‘Application Form‘ the candidate must provide educational qualifications, contact details, and at least one of the following IDs: ID for CAT-2020 OR ID for XAT-2021 OR ID for GMAT OR Roll-No for CMAT-2021 (Only for IMT Nagpur and Hyderabad). More than one test IDs can be submitted. The applicant is required to fill the IDs of the test scores he/she wishes to submit. In case of GMAT score update it by March 15, 2021.
- Step 4: Candidates are short-listed for Personal Interview (PI) round from among the eligible candidates who have a valid entrance exam score and have applied to the programme of IMT Ghaziabad. The Personal Interview process will be conducted in the months of February/March 2021 and will be common for all the IMT Campuses.
- Step 5: After the PI round, admission offers are made by IMT Ghaziabad to successful candidates. The final selection is based on a diverse set of attributes which includes performance in entrance exam, performance in PI round, academics, Work Experience among others
- Step 6: Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates in April 2021 on the basis of Final Score arrived after awarding the weightage scores on all the components.
IMT Following MHA & AICTE Guidelines
IMT is closely following Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and AICTE guidelines for all admission processes during the Covid19 pandemic. Please note that the admission process for 2021 maybe online. IMT is following and will follow all Covid19 precautions and social distancing norms during the entire admissions process 2021. In case of any revised guidelines for Admission process 2021 by MHA and AICTE, the candidates will be notified accordingly.
IMT Ghaziabad is one of the premier B schools in the country and has been awarded the prestigious AACSB accreditation. It has been consistently ranked among top 10 B-schools by various credible ranking agencies like Business Today, Business World, CRISIL and has extensive and exclusive industry partnerships in the B school arena.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IMT Ghaziabad