On July 4, IMT Ghaziabad commenced its new academic session for PGDM Batch of 2022 -24 for its five PGDM programs. A total of 632 students have been admitted this year. As part of the induction program, workshops on Team Building, Personal Growth and Corporate Readiness were organized. Dr Vishal Talwar, Director, IMT Ghaziabad, along with many industry leaders, welcomed students at the orientation ceremony.
IMT Ghaziabad has admitted students with diverse profiles includes many Working Professional, budding Entrepreneurs, trained Musicians & Dancers, and National level athletes. Here are the key highlights of the orientation program for new batch.
IMT Ghaziabad Batch 2022-24 - Key details
- 600+ Student Register for 5 Programs: A total of 632 candidates registered on campus at IMT Ghaziabad for five programs - PGDM, PGDM Financial Management, PGDM Marketing, PGDM Dual Country Program, PGDM Banking and Financial Services. This is one of the largest batches admitted by any leading B-school in the country.
- Work Experience of the batch: The current batch of IMT G comprises has more than 55% students with work experience. The average work experience for the batch is 20.3 months.
- Gender Ratio: New batch at IMT has female ratio of about 19% in the current batch which is an increase of 4% from the previous 2-year PGDM batch. Continuous efforts and special scholarships are being given to female candidates at IMT to encourage a more balanced gender ratio.
- More Academic Diversity: The new batch of IMT Ghaziabad has more than 43% non-engineers from diverse streams of undergraduate studies.
- Work Experience at leading companies: Many students admitted at IMT Ghaziabad have work experience at leading companies like Deloitte Consulting, TCS, Verizon, Reliance Industries, Infosys, L&T Infotech etc.
- Artists and Sports Persons enrich the Batch: The batch has students who are trained Musicians, a certified Guitarist and a certified Indian classical trained dancer. A few students are accomplished sportsman having bagged top positions in Table Tennis at Zonal level, and a student who is a National Level Skater.
Welcoming the incoming batch, Dr Vishal Talwar – Director IMT Ghaziabad urged students to "Derive, Design, Strategize". He emphasized the importance of decision-making in the next two years of their student life and their future career. He spoke about students finding their purpose in lives, the path towards that goal, and on finding our own unique ways.
Senior Industry leaders who spoke on the occasion were Mr. Rajesh Uppal, Member Executive Board Information Technology, Human Resource, Safety and Digital Enterprise, Maruti Suzuki and Mr. Tanmoy Chakrabarty, Group Government Affairs Officer, Tata Sons. Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Tanmoy Chakrabarty conveyed the importance of green energy and sustainable development. Mr. Rajesh Uppal introduced the "OPPORTUNITY" framework to the students, which stood for: Openness (to learn), Planning, Participating, Optimism, Rediscovering, Testing the limits, being Unfazed, Networking, Innovating, Teamwork, and Youth.
The Director of IMT Ghaziabad Dr Vishal Talwar along with Dean Dr Amit Sareen –IMT G were present on the occasion along with all faculty and staff members.
Established in 1980, IMT Ghaziabad is India's leading AACSB accredited management school with a distinct focus on grooming Leadership through Innovation, Execution and Social Responsibility. IMT Ghaziabad Alumni include more than 300 C-suite executives and thousands of professionals serving in leadership positions.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IMT Ghaziabad