IMT Hyderabad, a leading B-school that is part of the IMT Group of Institutions, with campuses at Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Hyderabad and Dubai, offers three AICTE approved PGDM programmes. A key USP of IMT Hyderabad is the Leadership Engagement & Academic Program (LEAP) that offers 10 initiatives to improve the learning, employability and careers of the students. IMT Hyderabad Admission 2021 is currently open and Last Date to Apply is June 15. Check unique LEAP opportunities available for all IMT Hyderabad students.
But, before we talk about LEAP, here is a quick overview of IMT Hyderabad. Established in 2011, the institute is housed in a 30 acre beautiful landscaped campus close to the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad. Let us review its key USPs.
IMT Hyderabad: USPs & Highlights
- Ranking &Accreditations: IMT Hyderabad was Ranked #61 in the prestigious GoI’s MHRD NIRF Ranking 2020. IMT Hyderabad has earned international SAQS Accreditation from AMIDSA and is accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in India, a body of AICTE.
- Industry Relevant Courses & Strong Corporate Connect: The institute offers industry relevant curriculum with many pedagogic initiatives like participant centric learning, practitioner sessions, community connect programmes, leadership series, live projects, simulations, fests and industrial visits.
- Moderate Fees: IMT Hyderabad Fees for 2 Year PGDM programme is Rs.12.03 lakhs, which is lower than many other top B-schools.
- Good Placements: IMT Hyderabad has recorded consistently high placements. Average Salary in Placement 2021 was Rs.7.78 LPA, while the Highest Salary was Rs.20.0 LPA. More details below.
- Top Recruiters: Leading companies like Arcesium, DE Shaw, Novartis, Berkedia, Deloitte, Wipro, Oracle, Crisil, Hexaware Technologies, FACTSET, Tresvista Financial Services recruited at IMT Hyderabad in 2021.
- Highly Qualified & Experienced Faculty: IMT Hyderabad has 32 highly qualified full-time faculty members offering optimum Faculty-Student Ratio to enhance learning experience and one to one interaction.
- Global Immersion & International Student Exchange: IMT Hyderabad has partnered with leading foreign Universities offering student & faculty exchange programs in Australia, Canada, France, Netherlands, Singapore, Switzerland, USA among others.
- Unique Multiple Summer Term Opportunities: IMT Hyderabad offers three options to complete the summer term i) Students can opt for Internships (IP); ii) can opt for Student Exchange Programme (SEP), iii) Or can pursue Management Thesis & Seminars (MTS). MTS is designed for those students who wish to build a career in research field.
Leadership Engagement & Academic Program (LEAP): Shaping Careers
LEAP is a value-added Business Leadership Program offered by IMT Hyderabad to all the students in line with its vision of nurturing socially responsible business leaders. LEAP is embedded in the existing program architecture offered by IMT Hyderabad.
Sharing the purpose of initiating the LEAP Program at IMT Hyderabad, Dr. Venkata Chakrapani C, PGP Chairperson, IMT Hyderabad, said, “The purpose of LEAP is to nurture communication skills, cognitive & interpersonal skills, and contemporary digital skills and develop business acumen & social consciousness among students of IMT Hyderabad.”
To meet the purpose, IMT Hyderabad students participate in following beneficial activities:
- One to One Mentoring by Industry Leaders
- Hands on workshops on emerging areas in technology & business as a whole
- Distinguished speaker series
- Industry immersion
- Social immersion
- Global immersion
- Industry guided courses
- Contemporary domain inputs
- Professional Certifications in select fields
Before we get into greater details of IMTH LEAP Program, let’s try to understand what are the benefits of this to students. This information will help MBA aspirants to take the right decision. Outlining the benefits of this program, Dr. Venkata Chakrapani C said, “This program is compulsory for all the students, and they undergo all the facets of the above initiatives over a period of two years. Our students would now have a holistic appreciation of business environment and have acquired the requisite skills which would immensely help in shaping their careers in the industry.”
So, LEAP looks like a good initiative from IMT Hyderabad to improve students’ employability skills. Let’s now understand each of the components of the program.
1. One to One Mentoring by Industry Leaders
As part of the LEAP program, Industry Mentor Mentee Program (IM2P) is initiated by IMT Hyderabad to enhance industry readiness and nurture business leadership among students. Industry mentors will help students to hone their interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills in real situations. Through this program, final year students will be able to appreciate roles, responsibilities, and challenges of a particular career path in specific industry
2. Global Immersion
Students will be given opportunity to pursue global immersion programs with IMT Dubai and 44+ partner institutes across continents for duration of one week to a trimester. IMT Hyderabad has 40+ B-school partners across the globe to conduct exchange programs. These partners are leading B-schools in USA, Europe, Canada, Australia, Singapore amongst others. IMT Hyderabad International Exchange Partners include:
- University du Quebec a Montreal, Canada
- University of San Diego, United States
- IPADE Business School, Mexico D.F., Mexico
- Faculty of Business Administration, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Charles Darwin University, Australia
- Macquarie University, Australia
- ESC Rennes School of Business, France
- ICHEC Brussels Management School, Brussels, Belgium
- FHS St. Gallen, University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
- Nova School of Business and Economics, Lisbon, Portugal
- Nottingham Business School, United Kingdom
- BI Norwegian Business School, Norway Read more.
3. Hands on Workshops on Emerging Technology & Business areas
IMT Hyderabad offers hands on workshops during first year of the program in the emerging areas such as programming using python, block chain technologies, advanced spread sheet modelling, personal branding, leadership lab, creativity innovation workshop and design thinking.
This ensures that students are well versed with Industry 4.0 Trends, which are changing the nature of business and management across the world.
4. Distinguished Speaker Series
CXOs from leading corporates are invited to share their business building experience with students and update them about the happenings in the corporate world. Students learn about the challenges that these leaders had to face while achieving their goal, which gives them the motivation to think out of the box solutions.
5. Industry Immersion
During the intervening summer term between the first and second years, students undergo a 12 week faculty-supervised internship in an organization to apply the knowledge they have acquired during the first year of their program and bridge the perceived gap between theory and practice. The IP enables students to experience the rigors of the professional environment, both in terms of form and substance. It provides them with opportunities to learn and practice business knowledge and professional behavior.
6. Social Immersion
The community outreach initiatives at IMT Hyderabad started off in 2011 by PAHEL a volunteer student cell. The Community Connect Cell was established in 2018, with the objective of sensitizing the students towards the society so as to bring about positive change in the communities and address real life societal challenges. The Cell has envisaged its activities under the following four headings of Abhiyaan, Nirmaan, Sahayam and Sambbad towards fulfilment of its Daaitva (Responsibility).
7. Industry Guided Courses
At IMT Hyderabad, at least 20% of every course is delivered by senior executives from corporate world and the rest is delivered by the faculty member in-charge. This is to ensure that the courses being offered are relevant and updated to meet the current as well as future needs of the business world and also sensitize students to the real world challenges and the best practices within that function
8. Contemporary Domain Inputs
One of the key business trend is increasing usage of technology and analytics. At IMT Hyderabad, students pursue contemporary courses such as Digital Marketing, Block Chain for Managers, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Forecasting Analytics, FinTech, Risk Analytics, HR Analytics, Sports Analytics, and International Logistics & Supply Chain Management. These courses are very helpful in giving inputs on contemporary domains.
9. Professional Certifications in Select Fields
Increasingly businesses are demanding proficiency in skills – the ability to execute a task well. These skills can be acquired through industry specific certifications. Aligning with this requirement, at IMT Hyderabad, students are encouraged to pursue industry endorsed certification programs such as KPMG Six Sigma Certification, NCFM, and Google Analytics.
10. LEAP Certification and Merit Awards
At the end of the program, graduating students receive LEAP Certificate (Category - A, Category - B and Category - C) based on the student performance in LEAP. Top three performers receive Merit Awards.
Having looked at the LEAP program at IMT Hyderabad, let us understand more about its Programs, Placements and Admission process.
IMT Hyderabad PGDM Programs
IMT offers three reputed PGDM programs with small batch sizes as below:
- PGDM (General): 120 Seats
- PGDM (Marketing): 60 Seats
- PGDM (Financial Management): 60 Seats
IMT Hyderabad Placements
IMT Hyderabad has recorded consistently high placements over the years. Here are key details:
- Average Salary for Placement 2020: Rs.7.64 LPA
- Highest Salary for Placement 2020: Rs.16.50 LPA
- Average Salary for Placement 2021: Rs. 7.78 LPA
- Highest Salary for Placement 2021: Rs. 20.00 LPA
Prominent Recruiters for Batch 2019 – 21 include Arcesium, DE Shaw, Novartis, Berkedia, Deloitte, Wipro Digital Operations and Platforms, Oracle, Crisil, Hexaware Technologies, FACTSET, Tresvista Financial Services to name a few.
IMT Hyderabad Admission 2021: Last Date to apply June 15
Due to the current pandemic situation and the subsequent delay in examination/results of CMAT and based on requests from a large number of MBA aspirants, IMT Hyderabad has extended its application process and decided to accept application from candidates with below mentioned percentile/score:
- 70 percentile and above in CAT or XAT
- 85 percentile and above in CMAT
- 500 and above composite score in GMAT (Scores to be submitted till June 15, 2021)
Last date to apply is June 15, 2021. So start your applications by logging into the student portal of IMT Hyderabad via this link.
IMT Hyderabad Admission 2021: Key details
Rs 12.03 Lakhs for 2 years
CAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT
Who can apply
Open | Apply Now
IMT Hyderabad Last Date to Apply
June 15, 2021
IMT Hyderabad offers many Scholarships as well. Read this article for complete information on IMT Hyderabad Admission 2021.
So, if you are looking for a B-school for Admissions 2021 that offers good placements, holistic learning and international immersion opportunities, IMT Hyderabad is a good option. IMT Hyderabad PGDM Admission 2021 is open till June 15, 2021. Apply now.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IMT Hyderabad