Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA), a highly ranked and pioneering management institute in India has brought about many changes in IRMASAT, its selection process which is conducted after shortlisting the candidates on the basis of CAT/XAT scores. Besides, IRMA has announced scholarships worth Rs.1.17 crores for the coming batch 2021-23. Last date to apply is extended to February 2, 2021
With a legacy of 42 years, IRMA offers 2 years Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Rural Management) (Equivalent to MBA) apart from other management programmes.
IRMA Admission 2021: 5 Key Changes in IRMASAT & Final Selection Process
Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) has made the following changes to the selection process on account of the COVID-19 pandemic.
1. IRMASAT & PI Round: The revised selection process for PGDM (RM) includes the IRMA Social Aptitude Test (IRMASAT) and Online Personal Interview (OPI)
2. Online IRMASAT: IRMASAT will be conducted online through Zoom on February 18-19, 2021. It will be a 30-minute online test to be conducted in two slots, as follows:
- Slot-1: 11.00 AM- 11.30 AM
- Slot-2: 4.00 PM - 4.30 PM
3. No GA: Group Activity (GA) will not be a part of the selection process.
4. Selection Weightage Revised: The weightage of GA will be reassigned to OPI. Hence, the revised weightage of Online Personal Interview is now 30%
5. Online Personal Interview (OPI): OPI will be conducted between February 23 – March 06, 2021 (except Sunday, February 28, 2021) in two slots, as follows:
- Slot-1: 9.30 AM - 1.30 PM
- Slot-2: 2.30 PM- 6.30 PM
It is mandatory for all the applicants to appear for the all the components of the selection i.e. IRMASAT and OPI. If any candidate does not appear in any component of selection process, his / her candidature will not be considered for the final selection. IRMA will send individual mails to the candidates with further details.
Founded in 1979, by Dr. Verghese Kurien, known as the ‘Father of the White Revolution in India’, with the support of the Swiss Agency for Development Cooperation (SDC), the Government of India, Government of Gujarat, the erstwhile Indian Dairy Corporation and the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB), IRMA has grown to becomea premier institution of professional learning offering Management programmes with a focus on understanding real management problems and socio-economic realities of under-served communities through intensive fieldwork.
IRMA Anand: Highlights
- Scholarships Worth Rs.1.17 Crores: IRMA has announced 20 merit-based scholarships worth Rs. 1.17 crore for the students of the upcoming 42nd batch 2021-23 of its flagship PGDM (RM) programme. Read details below
- High Placements: IRMA has a consistent record of High placements. Placement 2020 highlights are:
Highest Salary: Rs.52 LPA
Average Salary (Corporate Sector): Rs.10.80 LPA
Placement trends in detail are given below.
- Top recruiters: Over the years,GCMMF (Amul) has remained one of the largest recruiters at IRMA. Other top recruiters include Mother Dairy, Tolaram, ITC, ADM Agro, Seedworks, Adani Wilmar, EmamiAgrotech, Reliance Retails, Future Group, Metro Cash & Carry, Ninjacart, ICICI Bank, IDFC First Bank, Axis Bank, Fullerton, Vivriti Capital, Bharati AXA, Reliance General Insurance among others
- Moderate Fee:Two years PGDM (RM) fee, Other charges and Deposits at IRMA is Rs.15,17,100/-, which is much lower than many top B-schools while the placements are at par with them.
- Alumni: IRMA has a highly placed large alumni base across the world. The distinguished alumni include Members of Parliament, Authors, Academics, Journalists and Editors, Top Executives, Social Activists among others. Some of the Notable Alumni are:
Managing Director, GCMMF (Amul)
Chief Operating Officer, Adani Wilmar
Divisional Chief Executive, ITC Agri Business Division, Vice Chairman of ITC Infotech India Limited (Man behind E-Choupal
Founder URMUL Rural Health Research and Development Trust and Charka Development Communication Network
Director, International Centre for Free and Open Source Software (ICFOSS)
CEO, Ruchi Soya
CCO, President, Pidilite Industries Limited
Chief Executive Officer, ActionAid - UK
Founder of MINT (Newspaper), Senior Vice President, News Corporation
Head, Strategy, Platform on Digital Economy, World Economic Forum
Sr. Vice President & Business Head, Adani Agrifresh
G.V.L. Narasimha Rao
Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha)
Faculty: Faculty includes some of the best academicswith rich corporate experience. Experienced faculty members from reputed national and international institutions collaborate to inspire and create the thinkers of tomorrow for a better world.
IRMA offers world-class infrastructure for learning at their 60-acre-green campus. IRMA’s synergy with Government and Non-Government Institutions as well as International Development Organizations provides the students with an ideal ecosystem for learning, research as well as implementation experience of real on-the-ground projects.
IRMA PGDM (RM): Programme Highlights
- IRMA's Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Rural Management) prepares talented young managers to assume challenging roles in rural cooperatives and development organisations
- The two-year residential programme leading to a Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (Rural Management) is recognised as equivalent to a Master's degree by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- PGDM (RM) is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- The participants of this programme are highly valued in local, national and international cooperatives, NGOs, development organisations, and funding agencies.
- All participants are suitably placed in different organisations through the IRMA Campus Placement programme.
Scholarships at IRMA
IRMA has announced 20 merit-based scholarships worth Rs. 1.17 crore for the students of the incoming 42nd PGDM (RM) 2021-23 batch. Out of these 20 scholarships, 10 would be given exclusively to female candidates. Key highlights of scholarship scheme are:
- The scholarship amount will be up to 50% of the tuition fee
- The scholarship in the first year (2021-22) will be based on the overall selection merit of IRMA’s admissions process
- In the second year (2022-23) the Scholarship will be awarded based on the academic performance, i.e., the CGPA of the first year at IRMA.
IRMA Admission Application: Important Dates
- Last date to Apply for Admission: February 2, 2021
- Application Submission: Online Process
- Application Form Fee (General, General (EWS) & OBC): Rs.2500/-
- Application Form Fee (SC, ST & Differently abled persons): Rs.1250/-
- Application Form Fee for BPL candidates: Free application
- Application Fee Payment: Online
IRMA Batch Profile
Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) commenced classes in online mode for the 2020-22 batch of its flagship PGDM (RM) programme due to Covid-19 pandemic. The classes began after a week of induction and orientation. Amidst the on-going pandemic, IRMA adapted to the challenge of online induction and orientation process by gearing up with its IT infrastructure, enabling a seamless process through online platforms. Key highlights of PGDM (RM) 2020-22 Batch are given below
- Batch Size: The 41st batch of the PGDM(RM) has 252 students.
- Gender Diversity: 37% students in the batch are women. The Institute has maintained its focus towards nurturing a gender diverse batch of students with 94 females out of 252 students.
- Regional Diversity: The batch has representation from 25 states of India. It reflects a healthy combination from all parts of the country.
- Academic Diversity: There is also an excellent mix of academic diversity in the batch with students from Engineering, Commerce, Science, Management, Humanities, and Dairy Engineering backgrounds.
- Batch Work Experience: 41% of the batch has previous work experience.
IRMA Intake: 240 Students + 12 Supernumerary Seats
The flagship PGDM (RM) 2021-23 batch at IRMA has an approved intake of 240 students from all categories.
According to Prof Pandey, “IRMA’s approved intake for PGDM (RM) 2020 – 22 is 240. 12 students are admitted under supernumerary seats, as per the AICTE rules and are given 100% Tuition Fee Waiver under Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme (TFWS).”
IRMA Placements 2020: Average & Highest Salary Up
IRMA has yet again achieved 100% placement in 2020 just in three days’ time with higher salary packages for its 39th batch of PGDM (RM) 2018-20.
Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) placement week was held during December 02-09, 2019. This year the total batch size was 233 students, out of which 226 students registered for the campus placements (one student was a sponsored candidate, and six students opted out of the campus placements).
Twenty-seven students were placed through Pre-Placement Offers (PPOs), and 199 students were placed through the campus placement process. We received 314 job offers from 109 organizations.
The average salary offered by the business sector organizations stands at Rs. 10.80 lakhs per annum and that for the development sector organizations (NGOs, Cooperatives, and Government Development Agencies) stands at Rs. 10.74 lakhs per annum. The median salary stands at Rs. 10.45 lakhs per annum. The maximum salary for the batch stands at Rs. 52.00 lakhs per annum.
A total of 42 students took up offers made by NGOs, Government Agencies, and CSR foundations. Organizations such as Vedanta Foundation, Caspian, BAIF Development Research Foundation, TVS-Srinivasan Service Trust, Government of Telangana (Dept of Panchayati Raj & Rural Development), Madhya Pradesh State Rural Livelihoods Mission, Mahatma Gandhi National Council of Rural Education, BASIX, etc., recruited through the campus placements.
The Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (Amul) was the largest recruiter in Placements 2020, and Mother Dairy was the second-largest recruiter for the year. Multinational and national agribusiness corporations such as Tolaram, ITC Agribusiness Division, ADM Agro, Seedworks, Adani Wilmar, EmamiAgrotech, etc., participated in the placements. From the FMCG and Retail sector, Reliance Retails, Future Group, Metro Cash & Carry, Ninjacart, etc., recruited from IRMA. Banking, finance, and insurance companies such as ICICI Bank, IDFC First Bank, Axis Bank, Fullerton, Vivriti Capital, ICICI Prudential, Bharati AXA, Reliance General Insurance, and several small finance banks recruited from the campus this year.
IRMA Placement 2020: Highlights
- Highest Salary: Rs.52 LPA
- Average Salary (Corporate Sector): Rs.10.80 LPA
- Average Salary (Development Sector): Rs.10.74 LPA
- Batch Size: 233 students
- No. of Students Participated in Placement 2020: 226
- PPOs offered: 27
- Total Recruiters: 109
- New Recruiters: 37
- Top Recruiters: GCMMF (Amul), Mother Dairy, Tolaram, ITC, ADM Agro, Seedworks, Adani Wilmar, EmamiAgrotech, Reliance Retails, Future Group, Metro Cash & Carry, Ninjacart, ICICI Bank, IDFC First Bank, Axis Bank, Fullerton, Vivriti Capital, Bharati AXA, Reliance General Insurance among others
IRMAPGDM (RM) Fees 2021-23
- Two years PGDM (RM) fee, Other charges and Deposits at IRMA is Rs.15,17,100/-.
- Laptop computer, personal expenses on boarding, travel, clothes and laundry are extra.
- Mess is managed by the students’ body, therefore, the boarding and personal expenses will be over and above the mentioned fee.
How to Improve your candidature for IRMA Admission?
IRMA is known for professionalizing rural management in the country. As such the candidates who appreciate the importance of addressing the problems associated with the villages, village economy, and society are the ideal ones and stand better chance to get into IRMA.
Sharing about the qualities that IRMA looks for in a prospective candidate seeking admission at IRMA, Prof Satyendra Pandey, faculty and Admission chair at IRMA said, “An ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for understanding intricacies that are germane to rural” and added further, “A prospective student at IRMA should develop an appetite to welcome challenging assignments both inside and outside the class. Along with aptitude, IRMA looks for qualities such as compassion, empathy, and respect towards all sections of the society.”
Admission 2021 application at IRMA is open now for PGDM (RM) 2021-23 batch. The shortlisting and selection of candidates to IRMA is based on Merit and Profile-cum-Merit based calls, IRMA Social Awareness Test 2021 (IRMASAT 2021), Group Activity (GA), and Personal Interview (PI). The application process is online and the application fee is Rs.2500/- for General, General (EWS) & OBC and Rs. 1250/-for (ST, ST & differently-abled person).
How to Apply for IRMA Admission?
- Application to be submitted online only
- Applicant can apply online and pay through payment gateway
- No Facility to Apply offline in hard copy
- ApplicationFee payment to be made online only
- Only scanned copies of the required documents to be uploaded while filling up online application
Last Date to Apply: February 2, 2021
IRMA Anand has extended the last date to apply for PGDM (RM) Admission 2021 to February 2, 2021.
IRMA Application Fee:
The application process is online and the application fee is Rs.2500/- for General, General (EWS) & OBC and Rs. 1250/- for (ST, ST & differently abled person).
IRMA Admission 2021: Key Points
- Two shortlisting criteria – Merit Based and Profile-cum-Merit Based
- IRMA will use CAT 2020 and XAT 2021 scores to shortlist candidates
- Shortlisting will not be based on IRMA Social Awareness Test (IRMASAT)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called to appear in IRMASAT 2021, PI process
- IRMA Social Awareness Test and Personal Interviews will be conducted online
Merit Based and Profile-cum-Merit Based Shortlisting & Selection Process
IRMA will shortlist and call the applicants in two ways:
1. Merit-based Calls
Admissions Committee will decide category wise cut-offs (CAT2020 and XAT2021 percentile scores) for shortlisting applicants for IRMASAT 2021and PI process.
2. Profile-cum-Merit based Calls
Applicant will be considered under the profile-based calls ONLY if the applicant is a graduate in one of the following three disciplines:
- Agriculture (B.Sc., B. Tech, Engineering, etc.) and
- Dairy Technology
IRMA Cut Offs
For PGDM (RM) 2021-23 admissions, the Cut offs are not announced. The admissions office will declare the cut-offs after the closure of the application.
The Admission committee at IRMA decides the category wise CAT/XAT cut offs. IRMA gives higher emphasis on other quality parameters in its admission process. Accordingly, the B-school has not pegged the CAT, XAT score cut off very high. The candidates above the minimum cut-offs in the CAT 2020/XAT 2021 will be considered for all the subsequent stages.
The shortlisting cut offs based on profile and cut offs for Merit based exam score may be different. Besides, IRMA has shifted its mandatory IRMASAT to final selection round instead of pre-requiste for shortlisting.
IRMA Admission Eligibility
- Applicant must be a Graduate from any discipline, with a minimum of 15 years of education.
- Candidate must hold a bachelor's degree, with at least 50% marks (45% or above for SC/ST/Differently Abled Person) or equivalent CGPA
- To meet the IRMA eligibility criteria, an applicant must possess a strong and consistent academic background. Performance in 10th grade, 12th grade and graduation are considered in the IRMA selection process
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by IRMA and offered admission, to complete all the requirements of graduation before June 30, 2021
- Applicant should appearin CAT 2020/XAT 2021 exam and must have scored minimum prescribed score in the entrance exam to become eligible for admission
- Work experience is not mandatory for this program. Fresh graduates are eligible to apply.
- IRMA encourages students from diverse educational streams to apply.
- There is no management quota for admission to PGDM (RM) at IRMA
How to Apply for Admission at IRMA
Candidates need to apply online for admission at IRMA. The Application fee is Rs.2500/-. The application fee is to be paid online only. Candidates seeking admission to PGDM (RM) programme at IRMA, Anand should also appear in CAT 2020 or XAT 2021
IRMA Admission Process
Following steps are included in the IRMA Admission process:
Step 1: Apply and Appear in CAT 2020/XAT 2021
The candidate must have registered and should appear and score the minimum required percentile in CAT 2020/XAT 2021
Step 2: Register and Apply for IRMA Admission
Carefully register and apply online for admission to IRMA. While applying, the applicant is required to pay the application fee. You need to follow the sequence of all stages after editing (do not skip any stage) to ensure proper data entry. Any editing is possible before final submission. After final submission, it will not be possible to edit the application form.
Step 3: Shortlist
The first shortlisting includes the candidates, short-listed for Interview round on the basis of their profile. The second shortlisting includes the candidates shortlisted on the basis of their entrance exam score.
Step 4: Take IRMASAT & Attend PI Round
After the Shortlisting process, all the profile based or non-profile based shortlisted candidates have to appear in IRMASAT followed by Personal Interview.
Step 5: Final Admission Offer
Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates in the last week of April/First week of May 2021 on the basis of Final Merit Score
Step by Step Application Process
IRMA application process can be completed in nine simple steps.
Step 1: Register
At the IRMA admission application window ‘Register’, you should login as new user by inserting your Name, Email ID, Mobile number
Step 2: Complete Basic Details & Upload Photograph
The next page on the IRMA Admission site requires your personal details. You should also upload your photograph on this page. IRMA also asks you whether you wish to be considered for Profile based shortlisting on this page, if you click on ‘Yes’ you will be considered for this unique process and if you click on ‘No’ you will be considered only for entrance exam score based shortlisting process.
Step 3: General Information
This page requires you to fill in your parents’ details, income and other particulars. Complete the details and move to next page
Step 4: Enter Address Details
A separate page to enter your correspondence and permanent address has been created on the IRMA Application form. In case your permanent address is same as correspondence address, you should simply click on ‘Yes’.
Step 5: Course Selection & Academic Details
Next page on IRMA application form requires you to fill up your course selection details and all your academic details from class 10 onwards.
Step 6: Versatility &Work Experience
If you have participated in sports and other extra-curricular activities and are an achiever, you should enter the details in the relevant fields. If you have work experience after completing your graduation, you should complete it in months on this page. It will help in profile based shortlisting.
Step 7: Upload Academic Documents
On this page upload certificates from class X onwards and marks sheet for graduation.
Step 8: Declaration
A separate declaration form has been added to the application form. You have to click on ‘I Agree’ box and also write your name and guardian’s name in the given spaces on this page
Step 9: Make Payment of Application Fee
IRMA asks you to make payment of application fee after you have completed your application form. This is the final step to fill the application form. You can make payment through Credit/Debit card, Net Banking and other instruments.
IRMA Final Selection Criteria
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in Final selection round for admission to IRMA, Anand
- Short listed candidates will be called for selection process. They will have to take the IRMA Social Awareness Test 2021 (IRMASAT 2021), and Personal Interview.
- The final admission offer is based on a composite score, which takes into account the applicant’s profile, academic record, entrance test scores (CAT 2020/XAT 2021), Work experience (If any), Performance in IRMASAT, Performance in Personal Interview.
IRMA is recognized not only as an institution of excellence in teaching and research but also for having successfully created the new discipline of rural management. Its path-breaking approach is being emulated by other institutions in India and abroad. As a premier institution of professional education and development IRMA has evolved unique curricula for its various programmes
The ideal candidates that IRMA mainly looks for are youngsters with a sense of dissonance with the Socio-Politico-Economic status quo and the urge to contribute to change.
IRMA is noted for pedagogic innovations and strives to make continuous and significant contributions to the transformation of rural India through leadership in cutting-edge knowledge creation, innovations in education, pursuance of the ethical imperative of sustainability, and policy-oriented research. The Post Graduate Programme in Rural Management at IRMA integrates the two streams and equips talented men and women with both development perspectives and business acumen.
IRMA has been working closely with its client organisations to integrate their emerging needs into its academic programme by periodically revising the curricula. The present PRM design is a reflection of this growing partnership.
BBA Admissions Open 2021 | Apply Now!
|IFIM College Bangalore BBA Admissions Open 2021||IPM/BBA/BMS Exam Join Crash Course by IMS Coaching|
|IMS Ghaziabad (University Courses Campus) BBA Admission||JAGSOM BBA Admissions Open 2021|
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IRMA, Anand