he Admission 2020 is open at IRMA on the basis of CAT 2019 and XAT 2020 exam scores. The last date to apply is extended to January 18, 2020.
The Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) is a pioneering academic institution in rural management education and research. The admission 2020 application at IRMA is open now for PGDRM 2020-22 batch. The application process is online and the application fee is Rs.1500/- for General and unreserved category. IRMA Anand Admission Open PGDRM 2020-22 Apply Now
IRMA PGDRM: Programme Highlights
- IRMA's Post Graduate Programme in Rural Management (PGDRM) prepares talented young managers to assume challenge-filled responsibilities in rural cooperatives and development organisations
- The two-year residential programme leading to a Post-Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM) is recognised as equivalent to a Master's degree by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- PGDRM is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- The participants of this programme are highly valued in local, national and international cooperatives, NGOs, development organisations, and funding agencies.
- All participants are suitably placed in different organisations through the IRMA Campus Placement programme.
IRMA Admission Application: Important Dates
- Application Open Date for Admission 2020: September 27, 2019
- Last date to Apply for Admission: January 18, 2020
- Application Submission: Online Process
- Application Fee: Rs.1500/-
- Application Fee Payment: Online
How to Apply for IRMA Admission?
- Application to be submitted online only
- Applicant can apply online and pay through payment gateway
- No Facility to Apply offline in hard copy
- Application Fee payment of Rs.1500/- to be made online only
- Only scanned copies of the required documents to be uploaded while filling up online application
Last Date to Apply: January 18, 2020
IRMA Anand has extended the last date to apply for PGDM Admission 2020 to January 18, 2020.
IRMA Application Fee: Rs.1500/-
For admission 2020, IRMA has not increased the application form fee which is same as of last year. The application fee is Rs.1500/- for General and OBC category candidates and Rs.750/- for SC/ST and DAP (Differently Abled Persons).
IRMA Admission 2020: Key Points
- Two shortlisting criteria - Profile Based and Non-Profile Based Introduced
- IRMA will use CAT 2019 and XAT 2020 scores to shortlist candidates
- Shortlisting will not be based on IRMA Social Awareness Test (IRMASAT)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called to appear in IRMASAT 2020
- IRMASAT, an exam on ‘Issues of Social Concern’ will be held at IRMA at the time of interview and will be one of the components in final selection process.
Profile Based & Merit Based Shortlisting & Selection Process
IRMA will be Shortlisting and calling applicants in two ways:
- Merit-based Calls: Candidates of General Category, who score above 85 percentile in CAT 2019/XAT 2020 are eligible to be shortlisted for IRMASAT and GA and PI process.
- Profile-cum-merit based Calls: Candidates of General Category, Candidates who score above 80 percentile in CAT 2019/XAT 2020 and fall in the Profile-based call criteria will be shortlisted for IRMASAT and GA and PI process.
The key criteria to shortlist candidates based on profile are:
- Excellence: Graduation from Top universities and Colleges,
- Work Experience in Social Impact, Community Development, Livelihoods, Policy and Advocacy, Agriculture and Allied sectors;
- Graduation in Social sciences, Development studies, Agriculture and Allied sciences
The shortlisted candidates will be called for selection process at IRMA where they will have to take the IRMA Social Awareness Test 2020 (IRMASAT 2020), Group Activity and Personal Interview. IRMASAT 2020, GA and PI process will be conducted at IRMA.
IRMA PGDRM 2020-22 Fees: Rs.12.08 Lakhs
- The programme fee payable by PGDRM students at IRMA is Rs 12,08,400/-
- Laptop computer, personal expenses on boarding, travel, clothes and laundry are extra.
- The total programme fees for the 2020-2022 batch may increase after making adjustment for inflations.
- Mess is managed by the students’ body, therefore, the boarding and personal expenses will be over and above the mentioned fee. Currently average monthly expenses of the mess is around Rs. 4,500/-
- You are also required to pay Rs. 3000/- towards Students Activity Fund in the IRMA Student Mess at the time of joining
IRMA Intake: 240 Students
The flagship PGDRM 2020-22 batch at IRMA has an approved intake of 240 students from all categories. IRMA Anand Admission Open PGDRM 2020-22 Apply Now
IRMA Placements 2019: Average & Highest Salary Up
IRMA has yet again achieved 100% placement in 2019 just in three days’ time with higher average and maximum salary for its 38th batch of PGDRM 2017-19.
The average salary offered by business sector organizations stood at Rs.14.24 LPA and that for the development sector organizations (NGOs, cooperatives, and Government Development Agencies) stood at Rs.10.43 LPA. The median salary stood at Rs.11.47 LPA. The maximum salary offered stands at Rs.50.31 lakhs. Overall Average salary stood at Rs.12.84 lakhs. The minimum salary consciously chosen by a student in the development sector stood at Rs.6.20 lakhs.
Like last year, the Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) emerged as the single largest recruiter with 20 selections. Cooperatives/Producers Collectives as a sector recruited a total of 32 candidates. Among multinational and national agribusiness corporations, Tolaram, Kewalram (Afriventures), ITC Agribusiness Division, ADM Agro, Godrej Agrovet, National Bulk Handling Corporation, Seedworks, Adani Wilmar, were the most prominent recruiters.
Recruiters from the FMCG and retail sector included names like Pidilite, Future Group, Grofers, Big Basket, Metro Cash & Carry, Ninjacart, among others. Other recruiters included banking, finance, and insurance companies such as ICICI Bank, IDFC Bank, Fullerton, Vivriti Capital, Northern Arc, Caspian Impact Investments, ICICI Prudential, Bharati AXA, Reliance General Insurance, along with several small finance banks.
A total of 28 students took up offers made by NGOs, development agencies and CSR foundations. Organizations including UNICEF, Tata Trusts (FISE), Vedanta Foundation, Reliance Foundation, BAIF Development Research Foundation, BRLPS – JEEVIKA, Precision Agriculture for Development, Responsible Mica Initiative, REHWA Society, and Access Livelihoods Consulting (ALC) recruited through the campus placements. IRMA Anand Admission Open PGDRM 2020-22 Apply Now
IRMA Admission Eligibility
- The applicant must be a Graduate from any discipline, with a minimum of 15 years of education.
- The candidate must hold a bachelor's degree, with at least 50% marks (45% or above for SC/ST/Differently Abled Person) or equivalent CGPA
- To meet the IRMA eligibility criteria, an applicant must possess a strong and consistent academic background. Performance in 10th grade, 12th grade and graduation are considered in the IRMA selection process
- If the candidate is awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where the bachelor's degree is obtained. In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by IRMA Anand by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100 to confirm the eligibility of the candidate
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by IRMA and offered admission, to complete all the requirements of graduation before the programme starts (Induction Programme of PRM40).
- The Applicant should have appeared in CAT 2019/XAT 2020 exam and must have scored minimum prescribed score in the entrance exam to become eligible for admission
- Work experience is not mandatory for this program. Fresh graduates are eligible to apply.
- IRMA encourages students from diverse educational streams to apply.
- There is no management quota for admission to PGDRM at IRMA
IRMA Admission Process
Following steps are included in the IRMA Admission process:
Step 1: Apply and Appear in CAT 2019/XAT 2020
The candidate must have appeared or have registered to appear and score the minimum required percentile in CAT 2019/XAT 2020
Step 2: Register and Apply for IRMA Admission
Carefully register and apply online for admission to IRMA. While applying, the applicant is required to pay the application fee. You need to follow the sequence of all stages after editing (do not skip any stage) to ensure proper data entry. Any editing is possible before final submission. After final submission, it will not be possible to edit the application form. IRMA Anand Admission Open PGDRM 2020-22 Apply Now
Step 3: Shortlist
The first shortlisting includes the candidates, short-listed for Interview round on the basis of their profile. The second shortlisting includes the candidates shortlisted on the basis of their entrance exam score.
Step 4: Take IRMASAT & Attend PI Round
After the Shortlisting process, all the profile based or non-profile based shortlisted candidates have to appear in IRMASAT, Group Activity followed by Personal Interview. The process will be held at IRMA.
Step 5: Final Admission Offer
Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates in the last week of April/First week of May 2020 on the basis of Final Merit Score
IRMA Cut Offs
The admission criteria for PGDRM at IRMA has been changed. Now the shortlisting for final selection round will be based either on profile or on the CAT/XAT score, and only the shortlisted candidates will be able to appear in IRMASAT and GD-PI
IRMA Admission: CAT/XAT Score Cut Off
IRMA gives higher emphasis on other quality parameters in its admission process. Accordingly, the B-school has not pegged the CAT, XAT score cut off very high. The candidates above the minimum cut-offs in the CAT 2019/XAT 2020 will be considered for all the subsequent stages.
Profile Based Cut off percentile
Non-Profile Based Cut off Percentile
IRMA cut offs for Admission differ for both the rounds. The shortlisting cut offs based on profile and cut offs for Merit based exam score are different. Besides, IRMA has shifted its mandatory IRMASAT to final selection round instead of pre-requiste for shortlisting.
How to Apply for Admission at IRMA
IRMA Application fee is Rs.1500/-. The application fee is to be paid online only. Candidates seeking admission to PGDRM programme at IRMA, Anand should also appear in CAT 2019 or XAT 2020.
9 Steps Application Process for IRMA Admission
IRMA application process can be completed in nine simple steps. IRMA Anand Admission Open PGDRM 2020-22 Apply Now
Step 1: Register
At the IRMA admission application window ‘Register’, you should login as new user by inserting your Name, Email ID, Mobile number
Step 2: Complete Basic Details & Upload Photograph
The next page on the IRMA Admission site requires your personal details. You should also upload your photograph on this page. IRMA also asks you whether you wish to be considered for Profile based shortlisting on this page, if you click on ‘Yes’ you will be considered for this unique process and if you click on ‘No’ you will be considered only for entrance exam score based shortlisting process.
Step 3: General Information
This page requires you to fill in your parents’ details, income and other particulars. Complete the details and move to next page
Step 4: Enter Address Details
A separate page to enter your correspondence and permanent address has been created on the IRMA Application form. In case your permanent address is same as correspondence address, you should simply click on ‘Yes’.
Step 5: Course Selection & Academic Details
Next page on IRMA application form requires you to fill up your course selection details and all your academic details from class 10 onwards.
Step 6: Versatility & Work Experience
If you have participated in sports and other extra-curricular activities and are an achiever, you should enter the details in the relevant fields. If you have work experience after completing your graduation, you should complete it in months on this page. It will help in profile based shortlisting.
Step 7: Upload Academic Documents
On this page upload certificates from class X onwards and marks sheet for graduation.
Step 8: Declaration
A separate declaration form has been added to the application form. You have to click on ‘I Agree’ box and also write your name and guardian’s name in the given spaces on this page
Step 9: Make Payment of Application Fee
IRMA asks you to make payment of application fee after you have completed your application form. This is the final step to fill the application form. You can make payment through Credit/Debit card, Net Banking and other instruments.
Profile Based Shortlisting Criteria at IRMA
The applicants who are shortlisted on the basis of their profiles should also meet a minimum qualifying score in the entrance exam. Candidates who fulfill the following criteria can be shortlisted for profile based calls:
- Graduation in Development, Agriculture, Dairy, Public policy, Sustainability, Veterinary Sciences, Food Technology
- Work experience in Development Sector, Dairy, Public Policy
- Excellence in Academics with graduation from Top universities and Colleges
- Candidates who score above 80 percentile in CAT 2019/XAT 2020 and fall in the Profile based call criteria are eligible to be shortlisted for IRMASAT and GD/PI process
Non-Profile Based Shortlisting Criteria
Applicants are also shortlisted separately with Non-Profile based Criteria for IRMASAT and GD-PI round:
- Candidates who score above 85 percentile in CAT 2019/XAT 2020 and fall in the Non-Profile based call criteria are eligible to be shortlisted for IRMASAT and GD/PI process.
- Both IRMASAT 2020 and GD/PI process will be conducted at IRMA for shortlisted candidates
- Mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for short listing for next stage of Admissions process
IRMA Final Selection Criteria
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in Final selection round for admission to IRMA, Anand
- Short listed candidates will be called for selection process at IRMA where they will have to take the IRMA Social Awareness Test 2020 (IRMASAT 2020), Group Activity and Personal Interview.
- Both IRMASAT and GD/PI process will be conducted at IRMA for shortlisted candidates.
- The final admission offer is based on a composite score, which takes into account the applicant’s profile, academic record, entrance test scores (CAT 2019/XAT 2020), Work experience (If any), Performance in IRMASAT, Performance in Group Activity and Personal Interview.
IRMA is recognized not only as an institution of excellence in teaching and research but also for having successfully created the new discipline of rural management. Its path-breaking approach is being emulated by other institutions in India and abroad. As a premier institution of professional education and development IRMA has evolved unique curricula for its various programmes
The ideal candidates that IRMA mainly looks for are youngsters with a sense of dissonance with the Socio-Politico-Economic status quo and the urge to contribute to change.
IRMA is noted for pedagogic innovations and strives to make continuous and significant contributions to the transformation of rural India through leadership in cutting-edge knowledge creation, innovations in education, pursuance of the ethical imperative of sustainability, and policy-oriented research. The Post Graduate Programme in Rural Management at IRMA integrates the two streams and equips talented men and women with both development perspectives and business acumen.
IRMA has been working closely with its client organisations to integrate their emerging needs into its academic programme by periodically revising the curricula. The present PRM design is a reflection of this growing partnership.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IRMA, Anand