AACSB Accredited and globally ranked Jagdish Sheth School of Management (JAGSoM) has launched a unique BBA program at VIJAYBHOOMI University near Mumbai. Globally acclaimed academics Padma Bhushan Prof. Jagdish Sheth (Chairman, JAGSoM) and Prof. A Parasuraman (Pro-chancellor, Vijaybhoomi University) are mentoring this program. India’s Top MBA Faculty to teach JAGSoM BBA Program. International Higher Education Pathways after BBA Program are available. Admissions 2021 are open.
This is one program which is surely to give competition to the under graduate degrees being offered by various IIM’s as it is moderately priced and patronised by the best in class global faculty. The credits earned from this program are recognised by many top B-schools globally and thus can be a good pathway for international degree and a global career.
In this article, we review JAGSoM BBA program – its USPs, Faculty, Curriculum, Fees, Admission process and a lot more.
But before we talk about JAGSoM BBA program, let’s look at the fast paced journey of JAGSoM, and it’s transformation into a top league B-school in India.
JAGSoM’s Journey – Key Milestones
- In 2018, JAGSoM (formerly IFIM Business School) became the sixth B-school in India after ISB, TAPMI, IIM Calcutta, IMT Ghaziabad and XLRI to be AACSB Accredited.
- In 2020, QS Masters in Marketing Ranking 2021 ranked JAGSoM amongst the Top 100 (51-100 band) in the world for its PGDM Marketing program and ranked Top 150 (101-150 band) for its PGDM Finance Program.
- On October 21, 2020, IFIM Business School Bangalore was rechristened as JAGSoM after globally respected management guru Padma BhushanDr Jagadish Sheth.
- On December 23, 2020, JAGSoM announced 100% completion of Placements 2021 with Average Salary of Rs 10.21 Lakhs Per Annum. Read more IFIM Placements 2021.
- On July 5, 2021, JAGSoM launches new age BBA at VIJAYBHOOMI University near Mumbai.
JAGSoM launches BBA Program at VIJAYBHOOMI University Mumbai
AACSB Accredited Jagdish Sheth School of Management (JAGSoM) has launched a unique BBA program at VIJAYBHOOMI University near Mumbai.
Sharing rationale for the launch, Dr Atish Chattopadhyay, Director, JAGSoM said, “This program is probably the first BBA in India which enables the learners to discover and pursue their passion. One can learn instruments, be a vocalist, paint on a canvass, trek on the mountains and still be a business professional ready for Industry 4.0.”
The unique part is that in the initial or, sophomore years, students will have the option to take subjects across streams like music, design, economics, law, humanities, data sciences and not just business. The idea is to have a broader vision to prepare the graduates for a 100-year life and create an agenda for self-discovery and an ability of ‘learning to learn’
JAGSoM BBA – Key details
- Accredited by: JAGSoM is accredited by AACSB and SAQS
- Approved by: Vijaybhoomi University, Raigad Act, 2018 (Maharashtra Act No. 77 of 2018)
- Ranked by: In 2020, QS Masters in Marketing Ranking 2021 ranked JAGSoM amongst the Top 100 such programs in 51-100 band (51+ Band) and 101-150 (101+ Band) Band Globally in the QS Masters in Finance Rankings.
- Duration: 3 Years, with multiple optional higher studies and career pathways after BBA
- Admission Status: Open | Apply Now
- Last Date to Apply: July 31, 2021
- Fees: Rs 3,20,000 per annum.
JAGSoM BBA: Key differentiators
While there are many BBA programs in India, including IIM IPM (BBA + MBA) and Universities like NMIMS and Symbiosis, here are the key USPs of JAGSoM BBA that puts it into the top league of BBA programs in India.
- Offered by JAGSOM, one of the Top AACSB accredited and globally Ranked B-schools in India
- India’s Top MBA Faculty to teach JAGSoM BBA Program
- International Higher Education Pathways after BBA Program
- Industry developed curriculum with Immersions and Internships for new age roles in new age companies
- Moderate Fee, Great Value for Money, High ROI
- Liberal Professional Curriculum offering flexibility and opportunities for Self Discovery & Personality Development
- Focus new age areas like Business Analytics, Digital Marketing, Financial Markets, Digital HR, Communication Design, Entertainment Management and Legal Studies to enhance placement opportunities
- JAGSOM’s 26 year legacy of delivering good placements available for BBA Program as well
- Program mentored by globally acclaimed academic with Padma Bhushan Prof. Jagdish Sheth as Chairman of JAGSoM and Prof. A Parasuraman as Pro-chancellor of Vijaybhoomi University
Let’s explore key differentiators in detail.
1. Offered by JAGSOM, one of the Top AACSB accredited B-schools in India
AACSB Accredited & Globally Ranked: As said earlier, JAGSoM was the 6th Business School in India to receive the prestigious AACSB International accreditation. It was Globally Ranked in QS Masters Global Ranking 2021 in 51+ Band for PGDM Marketing and 101+ Band for PGDM Finance. This puts JAGSoM in the league of 8-10 top B-schools in India who have an international profile.
2. India’s Top MBA Faculty to teach JAGSOM BBA Program
JAGSoM BBA is being mentored by top global academics and will be taught by India’s top MBA faculty who are domain specialists. JAGSoM BBA Program is mentored by globally acclaimed academic with Padma Bhushan Prof. Jagdish Sheth as Chairman of JAGSoM and Prof. A Parasuraman as Pro-chancellor of Vijaybhoomi University. Dr Chattopadhyay, Director, JAGSoM, is a well-known management academic in India and was the Director of IMT Ghaziabad and part of the leadership team at leading B-schools SPJIMR Mumbai and MICA Ahmedabad before joining JAGSoM as its Director in May 2018.
Faculty members who will teach JAGSoM BBA include:
2.1 Prof. Anand Narasimha: Prof. Anand is a corporate turned academician with over 30 years of leadership experience spanning Brand Marketing, Advertising, Consulting and Academics. He is an Alumnus of IIM Calcutta and BITS Pilani and has worked on some of the most loved Global and Indian brands. He has won a host of Marketing Effectiveness awards including ‘2 Cannes’ and ‘3 EFFIES’.
2.2 Prof. Kalyan Sankar Sengupta: Prof. Kalyan Sankar Sengupta is an accomplished management teacher, researcher, and consultant. He has been teaching management science for more than 30 years and was affiliated with reputed institutions like IISWBM – Calcutta, IMT Ghaziabad, to name a few.
2.3 Prof. S K Bal Palekar: The pioneer of the direct selling model of Eureka Forbes, Prof. S K Bal Palekar is a Professor in Marketing. Prior to his current position at JAGSoM, he was a Professor at SPJIMR, Mumbai. He also has 34 years of corporate work experience in MNCs as well as Indian companies in consumer/industrial verticals.
2.4 Prof. Amit Bagga - Dr. Bagga is a practicing Chartered Accountant, Financial Consultant, Auditor & Valuation Analyst.He is a Committee Member at ICAI, having rich experience of more than 25 years.
2.5 Prof. Jitender Kumar - An eminent financial strategist, researcher, and corporate executive, Prof. Jitender is a prolific equity researcher, portfolio advisor and a senior executive running financial organizations. He has over 15 years of experience in the fields of Equities, Mutual Funds, Derivatives, Fund Management and Research.
2.6 Prof. Tushar Jaruhar – Prof. Tushar has worked for global brands, with senior executives, in developing strategy, building businesses and delivering multi-million-dollar business transformation initiatives. He holds a MBA from the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University where he was the recipient of Kellogg’s Four Pillar Award for Intellectual Depth.
2.7 Prof Supriyo Ghose - Professor & Chairperson, Digital Business and Analytics Area Prof. Supriyo is a Fellow from IIM Calcutta and a B.E. from Jadavpur University. He has academic and corporate experience of over 25 years. His corporate affiliations include companies such as TCS, PwC, Mahindra Satyam and Infosys, where he played leadership roles in mission-critical engagements for international clients. He started his teaching career at IIM-Calcutta as an Associate Professor.
2.8 Dr Chandrashekar Subramanyam - Senior Professor with a Ph.D. from University of Georgia and an M.Tech from IIT Kanpur, he is regarded as one of the top Analytics Professors in the country today. Professor Chandrasekhar worked at IIM Lucknow for a period of about ten years as Professor in the area of Quantitative and Information Systems group, and as Member Secretary to IIM board before joining JAGSoM
2.9 Prof Ganes M Pandya holds a PhD in mathematics and won the innovation gold award for his attempt to discover the true potential of Excel. He had a long stint with TAPMI before joining JAGSoM.
2.10 Dr. (Col) P S James was commissioned in 1980 into the Bihar Regiment, known for the Galwan Heights leadership and gallantry, and rose to the rank of selection grade Colonel. Listening to the call of his personal vision “to enable young people to be globally competitive”, Dr. James sought early retirement and joined management education after a short stint in the corporate. He is known for establishing the Leadership Assessment and Development Center at TAPMI, Manipal using integrated psychometrics developed through his research.
After looking at these rich faculty profiles, it will be fair to say that JAGSoM BBA will be taught by faculty at par with IIMs and Top B-schools in India.
3. International Higher Education Pathways after BBA Program
JAGSoM BBA students will get an opportunity to study at top international universities after BBA program. JAGSoM has partnership with many leading B-schools for Degree Pathways. These institutions include:
- ESCP Europe (1+2)
- ESC Rennes School of Business (2+1)
- University of Wollongong, Sydney Business School(1.5 + 1.5)
In this option, students can obtain a dual degree-after completing 1 or 2 years at JAGSoM, they can complete their 2nd or 3rd year at the partner institution in the areas of specializations being offered.
4. Industry developed curriculum with Immersions and Internships
The curriculum and learning outcomes are based on inputs by experts and is tailored for Industry 4.0. The coursework is augmented through ‘Learning by Solving’ with long duration Industry Internship and live industry projects, in partnership with new-age companies.
5. Moderate Fee, Great Value for Money, High ROI: Elaboration
One of the USPs of JAGSoM BBA is that it is a value for money program. According to JAGSoM, BBA program fees is Rs 3,20,000 per annum. So, a student can complete its BBA program in Rs 9,60,000 lakhs. There are many scholarships that are available for deserving students.
By comparison IIM Indore IPM course fee for the first three years is Rs. 4,00,000 per annum. This Course fee for the fourth and fifth years would be same as per prevailing PGP/MBA fees. Currently this is Rs 800,000 per annum. Hence, total fee for IIM Indore IPM Program is approximately Rs 28,00,000. IIM Bodh Gaya IPM course fee for first three years is Rs. 4,50,000 per year. Tentative tuition fee for the 4th and 5th year is Rs. 7.5 Lakhs per year. The total cost of 5-year IPM program at IIM BG shall be Rs.28.50 lakhs.
For JAGSoM BBA students, the institution has created a separate pathway to its AACSB accredited PGDM/MBA program where the total 2 year fee is Rs 12 lakhs only. So the total cost of JAGSoM BBA and MBA is much less than other top B-schools.
6. Liberal Professional Curriculum offering flexibility and opportunities for Self Discovery & Personality Development
Instead of one-size-fits-all approach, the curriculum of JAGSoM BBA facilitates the process of ‘discovery’ - encouraging ‘exploration’ and ‘experimentation’. One should be able to customize ones learning pathways depending on your individual style, pace and learning orientation.
The curriculum is divided in 3 levels. The level 1 courses allow the student to experience the area and discover the inner connect with the subject The level 2 and level 3 courses are higher level courses to help define a student’s choice of professional degree and the associated majors and minors.
7. Placement Focus with new age areas like Business Analytics, Digital Marketing, Financial Markets, Digital HR, Communication Design, Entertainment and Legal Studies
JAGSoM places a lot of emphasis on Career Pathways for its BBA graduates. BBA students will be get an opportunity to Major in the following areas:
- Marketing (with focus on Digital Marketing)
- Finance (with focus on Capital Markets)
- Business Analytics (with focus on Digital Business)
- Human Resources Management (with focus on Digital HR)
- Design Management (with focus on Communication Design)
- Entertainment Management (with focus on Music)
- Legal Studies (with focus on Compliance and Governance)
8. JAGSOM’s 26 year legacy of delivering good placements available for BBA Program as well
JAGSoM has a strong record of MBA/PGDM placements. It is confident of continuing its record of accomplishment for BBA Placements as well.
JAGSoM conducted its PGDM Placement 2021 in January 2021 itself, many months before the end of the academic year. On achieving 100% Final Placement, Dr. Atish Chattopadhyay, Director JAGSoM said, “We are happy to have successfully completed the campus placements, securing 100% placements for JAGSoM graduating batch of May 2021 so early.”
JAGSoM Bangalore MBA/PGDM Placement 2021 Highlights
- Average Salary in Placement 2021 goes up to Rs.10.21 LPA from last year’s Rs.9.15 LPA
- Highest Salary stood at Rs.16 LPA
- 70 Recruiters participated in Placement 2020
- Top Recruiters include Oracle, Dell, HDFC, KPMG, ANZ amongst others
JAGSoM BBA Admissions 2021 Open – Admission Process
JAGSoM BBA Admissions are now open. Last Date to Apply is July 31, 2021. You can apply with scores from any of the following BBA Admission Exams.
- IIM IPM Entrance Exams like IPMAT, JIPMAT
- Past academics and special interest will be given due weightage in selection process.
If you have not taken SAT or IIM IPM exams, don’t worry. You can take VUSAT exam. Here are the key details. VUSAT is aimed at assessing your scholastic competence and your fit in an area of study at Vijaybhoomi. The VUSAT has two parts. Part A assesses your scholastic ability in three areas, namely, Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability and Comprehension, and Logical and Analytical Reasoning Ability. A total of 75 multiple-choice questions are provided in Part A. Part B provides your questions which assess your understanding in a particular area of study such as business, law, design and data science. A candidate is required to answer two descriptive type questions in an area of study chosen by a student.
Learn at the State of the Art Campus
VIJAYBHOOMI University Campus near Mumbai is located in the lap of mother nature surrounded by the Sahyadri ranges. An environment that stimulates creative thinking and ideation, design of this university mirrors the philosophy of the university itself. It is never done. It is always growing, always adapting. It is humble and acts as a canvas for nature, for learning. It is a vessel that can be filled with hopes, dreams and ambitions of the youth that will call it home. It has state of art sporting facilities like trekking, swimming, squash, gym, tennis, basketball, badminton, football, cricket and shooting range. It also has experiential laboratories like the Music room, design lab, moot court.
BBA students will also benefit from JAGSoM’s unique practice initiatives like:
- Personality Enhancement Program: A life-skill and lifestyle-oriented program, this course addresses issues of wellness and essential skills like communication, negotiation, cross-cultural orientation to groom a holistic individual.
- Design Thinking and Innovation Incubation: This program empowers the participants to develop an entrepreneurial mindset and enables them to tackle business problems & challenges through creativity and innovation.
- Social Immersion Program: Students undertake immersion with NGOs in rural areas. Students learn to design solutions for social problems through a Techno Economic Viability (TEV) study, thereby enabling sustainable, socially positive, and measurable impact on UN SDGs.
- Industry Internship Program – designed for providing an opportunity to the students to apply their learnings in a real live work environment
- Effective Execution – Providing an opportunity to students to own and work in small committees on issues that will help develop their own alma mater.
So, if you are looking for a top-notch BBA that can help you build a good career in new age sectors, or create a pathway for higher studies in India and Abroad, consider JAGSoM BBA. JAGSoM BBA Admissions are now open. Last Date to Apply is July 31, 2021. Apply now.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on JAGSoM.