The prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) has started offering MBA program at its Atal Bihari Vajpayee School of Management and Entrepreneurship (ABVSME) with effect from 2019. Total seats offered by JNU for MBA batch 2020-22 are 50 students only. For JNU MBA Admission 2020, the University will open process tentatively from January 15, 2020. What is important to note is that JNU MBA Admission 2020 is based only on CAT 2019 scores. The weightage on CAT scores shall be 70% and the weightage of personal interviews performance shall be 30%.
Read more about JNU MBA Fee, Placements, Admission Process in this MBAUniverse.com article.
JNU MBA 2020-22: Program Highlights
- JNU MBA program is designed to train students to become excellent general managers and entrepreneurs with a broad strategic vision
- MBA at JNU would combine academic rigour and social relevance and maintain plurality and diversity in form, content and methodology
- MBA at JNU is full-time two year program. It views management and entrepreneurship as integrated processes and helps students develop a holistic view and respond effectively to changes in the economic, technological, cultural and political environments
- The program would teach students not only to see the many sides of a given problem, but also to appreciate the importance of including voices different from their own in every conversation and decision making process.
- MBA at JNU has a two-tier structure consists of a core curriculum (compulsory credit courses), a summer internship (compulsory industry training between first and second year) and elective courses (optional courses in the second year).
- The first year is committed to developing business fundamentals through compulsory courses spanning the areas of management, entrepreneurship, economics, finance, marketing, operations, systems and organizational behaviour. The second year offers a variety of specializations.
- For successful completion of the programme, a student must earn a minimum of 112-credit points during the course of the programme at ABVSME, JNU.
JNU MBA Fee Structure
JNU MBA fee structure of 2020-22 batch is relatively high compared to other programs offered at the University. Fee structure for 2 years MBA program at JNU is as follows:
- General Category Students: Rs. 12 Lacs
- OBC Students (Non-Creamy Layer): Rs. 8 Lacs
- SC/ST/PWD Students: Rs. 6 Lacs
- International Students: $ 32000 (Appx Rs 23 lac)
JNU MBA Intake
The MBA 2020-22 intake at JNU is 50 students for all categories.
JNU MBA Placements
Since the program was started in 2019, the first batch will graduate in 2021. The Placement data will be available in 2021. However, Training & Placement (T & P) Coordination Committee of Atal Bihari Vajpayee School of Management and Entrepreneurship (ABVSME) has been set up to play a crucial role in locating job opportunities for students by keeping in touch with reputed firms and industrial establishments.
The JNU Placement Cell operates round the year to facilitate contacts between companies and graduates. T&P Committee organizes career guidance programmes for all the students. The Coordination Committee arranges training programmes like Personality Development Programme, Communication Skills, Group Discussion, Entrepreneurship Development Programme, Industry visit and on-site Training.
JNU MBA Courses
According to JNU, “JNU MBA programme is designed to train students to become excellent general managers and entrepreneurs with a broad strategic vision. It would strive to combine academic rigour and social relevance and maintain plurality and diversity in form, content and methodology.”
The programme has a two-tier structure: it consists of core curriculum (compulsory credit courses), summer internship (compulsory industry training between first and second year) and elective courses (optional courses in the second year). The first year has compulsory courses in management, entrepreneurship, economics, finance, marketing, operations, systems and organizational behaviour. The second year offers a few core courses and many electives.
|MBA/PGDM Admissions 2020: Application Deadline closing soon | Apply Now!|
|XIME KOCHI, Admission PGDM 2020-22|
|EMPI New Delhi PGDM Admissions 2020|
|Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar|
|Nalanda University MBA in Bihar Admission 2020||JKBS Gurgaon, PGDM Admission 2020|
JNU MBA Dean & Faculty
Prof. Heeraman Tiwari is the Dean of the School of Management. Faculty members include Prof. Sudhir K. Jain (formerly with IIT Delhi), Dr. Brajesh Kumar Tiwari, Dr. Priya Gupta and Dr. Shachi Yadav.
JNU MBA Registration/Application Form Fee
JNU MBA Application Fees at Atal Bihari Vajpayee School of Management and Entrepreneurship, JNU, is as under and is non-refundable.
For General category: Rs. 2000 (two thousand) only for General Category and OBC applicants.
For SC/ST/PwD applicants: Rs. 1000 (one thousand) only
JNU MBA Eligibility Criteria
JNU MBA Eligibility criteria for 2020 admission prescribe that the candidates having the following qualifications are eligible to apply for admission:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent awarded by any recognized university.
- For General Category candidates a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) or equivalent CGPA in the qualifying degree is required.
- For OBC candidates a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) or equivalent CGPA in the qualifying degree is required.
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) or equivalent CGPA in the qualifying degree is required.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
- All the applicants must appear in CAT 2019 exam on November 24, 2019.
JNU MBA Selection Process
- Take CAT 2019 Exam:
A candidate has to appear for the Common Admission Test (CAT) in 2019 conducted by IIMs. Any candidate applying to get admission into the JNU MBA programme must submit his/her CAT Test Registration Number. JNU will use CAT scores for short-listing/selecting the candidates for the MBA programme.
- Apply online
Candidates should first apply online on the JNU website. Application Fees for applying to JNU MBA is Rs. 2000 for General Category and OBC applicants and Rs. 1000 for SC/ST/PwD applicants.
- Personal Interview
Those who have applied to the MBA programme of ABVSME, JNU, on qualifying the CAT will be shortlisted and then invited for an interview. CAT 2019 scores will be used for short-listing candidates for interviews. At least three times the number of intake in each category would be shortlisted for interviews.
- Final Admission List
The final list of selected candidates will be based on CAT scores and the marks obtained in the interview. According to JNU, “the weightage on CAT scores shall be 70% and the weightage of marks obtained in the interviews shall be 30%.”
JNU MBA Admission 2020: Important Dates
If you have registered for CAT 2019, and have valid CAT 2019 scores, you can participate in JNU MBA Admission process that will start in January 2020. Tentative Admissions dates for JNU MBA Admissions 2020-2022 are:
JNU MBA Admission 2020 Activity
JNU MBA Registration/Application opens
15 January 2020
Application Window to close on
01 March 2020
Personal Interview Dates
Early April 2020
Final Admission Announcement
April End 2020
JNU has strong national and international credentials and an enviable brand image. JNU has earned its reputation for its multidisciplinary tradition of teaching & research. The addition of ABVSME to its existing schools will further enhance its image as a centre of excellence.
The Atal Bihari Vajpayee School of Management and Entrepreneurship (ABVSME), a newly created B-School in JNU has an advantage of offering more comprehensive understanding of management and entrepreneurial principles. It will provide opportunities to youth to get quality education and training and empower the with management skills and entrepreneurship
JNU is located close to industry in Delhi and NCR. JNU’s locational advantage will bolster its placements. JNU’s proximity to high quality institutions like IIT-Delhi, IIFT, IMI, FMS, and University of Delhi and several other higher educational institutions in Delhi NCR allow for a greater synergy through meaningful collaborations.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) Delhi