MBA (RM) admission 2021 at KSRM Bhubaneswar, an Institute of Eminence as declared by UGC is open now. KIIT School of Rural Management (KSRM) is the management institute of KIIT University Bhubaneswar. KSRM offers two unique MBA programmes – MBA (Rural Management) and MBA (Agribusiness Management). Read this article to know all about key USPs of KSRM, admission eligibility, criteria, fee, placement, how to apply for admission in MBA (Rural Management) 2021-23 batch.
Admission to KSRM (Rural Management) is available through its own MBA entrance test as well as with the scores of national tests.
KSRM MBA is approved by University Grants Commission and is accredited by the NAAC. KIIT University has the distinction of being the youngest institute ever in the country to be declared a University and has been awarded NAAC Accreditation in ‘A’ grade.
MBA (Rural Management) is the flagship programme of KSRM and has successfully continued since 2007. This Programme is designed in balance with classroom and field based experiential learning. The classroom segment spreads over 64 credits and the fieldwork segments (at three different slots) of 28 credits across four semesters over two years.
KSRM MBA (Rural Management): Key Highlights and USPs
- KIIT School of Rural Management (KSRM), KIIT Deemed to be University is one of the 10 private institutes in India to get ‘Institution of Eminence’ tag from UGC, MHRD, Government of India.
- "A" Grade accreditation by NAAC
- Offers two unique programmes - MBA(Rural Management) and MBA(Agribusiness Management)
- Moderate Fee of Rs.7,22,000 for two years
- Excellent placement record
- More than 350 partner organizations providing internship & final placement
- 3 unique field segments/internships - Focus on experiential learning
- Highly experienced faculty from IIMs/IITs/IRMA with corporate experience
- Round the year industry engagement activities (conclaves, guest lectures, seminars, industrial visits etc.) and career planning guidance by industry leaders
- Global campus with students from more than 10 countries
- Individual attention for all round development of students. Highly organized students mentoring by both faculty and senior students
- World class campus with excellent facilities
KSRM MBA (RM) Admission 2021: Important Dates
To participate in KSRM 2021 Admission process you need to apply and appear in KIITEE Management exam 2021 or apply through CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT score. Following are the key dates to apply for KSRM admission 2021
KSRM Admission Activity
Last date to apply for KSRM Admission 2021
January 13, 2021
Can Apply online/offline
Date of KIITEE Management Exam 2021
January 16-18, 2021
Computer Based Exam
January 23, 2021
Check on Website
Immediately after Result
Check your mail and Institute website
GD-PI Process for final selection
Your Academics, work experience, diversity also play major role in selection
KSRM MBA (Rural Management) Fee 2021-23
The total MBA (RM) Course Fee is 7,22,000. The fee is payable in five installments. KSRM MBA (RM) fee includes Tuition Fees, Hostel and Utility charges among other charges.
KIIT School of Rural Management (KSRM) is a part of the prestigious KIIT University, Bhubaneswar which has a long history of academic excellence, providing industry-focused management education.
MBA Placements at KSRM
KSRM has an impeccable record of achieving good placements every year. All eligible students with acceptable CGPA secure a placement. Average placement over the last few years has been good. Some students have opted out of placement to pursue their own venture or join the family business, while a few others secure out-of-campus placement.
Several of global prestigious companies in private and public sector regularly visit the campus to recruit KSRM students. From among comparable B-schools, the institution is one of the best B-schools for placement in India. Some of the top recruiters at KSRM include DCB Bank, ESAF Small Finance Bank, Fusion Microfinance Private Ltd, HDFC Bank, Light Microfinance, NABARD Financial Services, Saija Finance, YES Bank, Bihar Rural Livelihoods Promotion Society (JEEViKA), Jharkhand State Livelihood Promotion Society (JSLPS), Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat (KCG) Government of Gujarat, National Handloom Development Corporation (NHDC), Odisha Livelihood Mission (OLM), Odisha Tribal Development Society (OTDS), Care India, UNDP, Reliance Foundation, Tata Trusts, Colgate – Palmolive (India), GoCoop Solutions and Services, Vedanta Aluminium, among others
KSRM MBA (Rural Management) Specialization
KIIT School of Rural Management (KSRM) offers following specializations in its MBA (RM) programme Agribusiness, Banking, Insurance and Financial Services, Business Analytics, Digital Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Family Business, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, Retail, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain, Transport & Logistics and others.
Last Date to Apply
Last date to apply for MBA admission 2021 at KSRM Bhubaneswar is January 13, 2021.
KSRM MBA 2020 Application Fee
- Application fee for one MBA program is Rs.1250.
- Application fee for more than one MBA program or three MBA programs namely MBA+MBA(RM) or MBA+MBA(ABM) or MBA+MBA (RM)+MBA (ABM) is Rs.2500/-
How to Apply for Admission
KIIT University has given two options before the applicants to apply for admission 2021 at KSRM:
Option 1: Apply with National Tests
Students who have taken CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT can apply to KSRM with a valid score. The test should have been taken for the relevant admission year, e.g. CAT-2020 or XAT-2021 score can only be used for 2021 MBA Admission.
If you are appearing in one of the national tests which are yet to be held or their results are yet to be declared, you can apply for admission at KSRM.
Option 2: Apply with KIITEE Management 2021 Exam
You can appear in KIITEE Management 2021 to be held from January 16 to 18, 2021 for admission to MBA (RM) 2021 at KSRM. KIITEE Management 2021 is KSRM’s own National Level Entrance Examination to be conducted across 15 cities in India. It’s a computer-based test. Based on the scores obtained in the Examination, candidates will be called for GD/PI round.
The exam is a common examination for MBA (Rural Management), MBA (Agribusiness Management) at KIIT School of Rural Management, and MBA at KIIT School of Management.
The Last date to apply for KIITEE Management 2021 is January 13, 2021 and the application can be submitted online as well as offline at a moderate application fee of Rs.1250/- Read More
KIIT School of Rural Management Eligibility Criteria
- A Candidate is eligible to apply for admission for MBA (RM) 2021 at KSRM, if he/she has a Bachelor's degree with a 15 years education (in keeping with the 10 + 2 + 3 system) or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with minimum 50% aggregate marks (or equivalent CGPA).
- Candidates appearing for final examinations towards a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) are also eligible to apply provided they complete all the requirements of graduation before June 30, 2021.
- Where the University/Institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, percentage score would be calculated by dividing the obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- The percentage of aggregate marks is to be calculated taking all subjects into consideration including optional subjects.
KIIT School of Rural Management Admission Criteria
KSRM Admission Criteria 2021 will be a three step process involving the mandatory appearance in the entrance test, shortlisting criteria based on entrance exam score, and the Final admission selection Criteria
KSRM Bhubaneswar Shortlisting Criteria
The second part of KIIT School of Rural Management Admission criteria is the shortlisting criteria before final selection round. KSRM will shortlist the candidates on the basis of KIITEE Management 2021 Exam or CAT/XAT/CMAT/MAT/GMAT exam score.
- For shortlisting the suitable candidates for final selection round, KIIT-KSRM will use the overall scores obtained in the relevant entrance exam - KIITEE Management 2021 Exam or CAT/XAT/CMAT/MAT/ATMA/GMAT
- Short listed candidates will be called to attend the GD - PI round
Final Admission Selection Criteria
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in Final selection round for admission to KIIT School of Rural Management, Bhubaneswar
- The final merit list for admission 2021 at KSRM will be generated after preparing a merit list on the basis of Entrance exam score, performance in GD-PI, past academic record, work experience and other parameters.
Successful candidates will be intimated of their final selection through admission offer letter containing the terms and conditions of the admission.
KIIT School of Rural Management Admission Process
Following steps are included in the KIIT-KSRM Bhubaneswar Admission process:
- Applicant has to register for and appear either in KIITEE Management 2021 or the relevant CAT/XAT/CMAT/MAT/ATMA/GMAT
- If Applying with National Test Score, pay application fee of Rs.1250/- online or off line. If applying with KIITEE Management 2021 the application fee Rs.1250/- for the entrance exam includes the KSRM application fee.
- With your score in entrance exam you will be shortlisted for GD-PI, the final admission round
- After completion of GD-PI round, admission offer will be made based on the exam score, GD-PI, Academics, Work Experience. The admission offer will be made in the month of May 2020
- Selected candidates, after going through contents of the admission offer letter, need to confirm and accept the offer with the terms and conditions for taking admission to the programme through “Acceptance Letter”.
- All the candidates who have been offered admission have to pay the fees as stipulated in the admission offer, otherwise they would forfeit their seat to the person next on the waiting list.
KSRM has made ‘experiential learning’ as one of the core focuses of its MBA (RM) curriculum. It allows students to learn from live situations, which are more complex than what can be created in classroom. Accordingly, students could spend little more than 30 per cent of the total course credits in the field with its partner organization. The students have the flexibility to choose among the various projects being offered by the partner organizations. The broad areas of fieldwork includes: agribusiness, microfinance, Rural finance, banking & marketing, climate change, disaster and natural resource management, livelihoods, health, education & Corporate Social Responsibility and rural entrepreneurship. On the other hand, the faculty members effectively use variety of pedagogical tools to actively engage students.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on KIIT School of Rural Management