Carrying a legacy of 40 years and 100% placement since beginning, Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai, ranked among top 50 management institutes in India is open with its PGDM admission 2021 application window. The application process is online and the application fee is Rs.1500/-. LIBA will accept CAT 2020 and XAT 2021 exam scores for admission 2021. LIBA is conducting the PI round for admission from the month of March 2021 onwards.
LIBA: Key Highlights & USPs
Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) was established to form competent and committed leaders who are ethical, principle-centered and socially responsible with a global perspective and entrepreneurial spirit. Key USPs of LIBA are:
- Top Ranked: LIBA is ranked #50 among top B-schools in India in the Government of India, MHRD NIRF Rankings 2020
- AICTE Approved PGDM with MBA Equivalence: LIBA offers its flagship 2 years full time residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) which is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as equivalent to MBA.
- Managed by Jesuits: LIBA is managed by Jesuits of the Loyola College Society which is well-known for their outstanding contribution to higher education. It stands for excellence with ethics which are the hallmarks of Jesuit business education and all its programmes and activities embody these two elements.
- Accepts only Two Exams: LIBA accepts CAT and XAT exam scores for admission
- 100% Placements over the Years: LIBA ensures 100% Placement for its students. Placement 2020 has recorded average salary at Rs. 9+ lakhs and highest salary at Rs. 15 lakhs
- Legacy with Large Alumni Base: 40 Years in Management Education of LIBA has created a large Alumni base spread across the Globe and occupying high positions
- Global Partnerships: International Collaboration with institutions in 5 European, 3 Asian, 2 American, Australian and African Countries
- Centers of Excellence: LIBA has established Centers of Excellence in Logistics & Supply Chain, Business Ethics & Corporate Governance, Loyola Inclusive Innovation Impact Centre (L3IC), Prof. C.K.Prahalad Centre for Emerging India and Informatics Centre to hone the skills of students consistently.
- Campus & Infrastructure: LIBA has Sprawling & Scenic campus with excellent Infrastructure comprising A/C classrooms, Wi-Fi enabled campus, world Class library
LIBA Admission 2021: Important Dates
LIBA Admission Process Activity
LIBA Admission 2021 Application Status
Open with online process
CAT Admissions Test – 2020
November 29, 2020
XAT Admissions Test – 2021
January 3, 2021
Final Selection Round - GD/PI
Final Result Declaration
Note: LIBA can change the schedule. Check revised dates on LIBA website
The cut off marks for LIBA admission change every year depending upon the performance of candidates in CAT and XAT exams. The Cut off marks of CAT & XAT will be displayed on the LIBA website by last week of March 2021.
Specializations Offered at LIBA
LIBA has regularly remapped curriculum reflecting the changing corporate needs. There are cutting edge - Dual specialisations with six options (including Business Analytics in association with TCS).
Students will have to choose six subjects (or electives) from one or more of the following areas of specialization: Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Operations Management, Systems, and Business Analytics. Students also have the option to submit a Master’s-level dissertation in a chosen area of specialization, in place of an elective, as a part of the requirement of the Programme, normally in the last term of the second year.
LIBA has International Collaboration with Australian and African Countries. LIBA has Student Exchange Programmes with the leading International Institutions & KEDGE – France, KU-Germany, UCSC-Italy, UA- Belgium, SCU, UOD& LMC – U.S.A., USDF- Indonesia, BU-Malaysia & UOA- Spain.
Unique Pedagogy & Curriculum
In LIBA, students do not write exams. There are no mid-term or end term exams. Instead, there is a Formative Assessment in which every session ends with an assessment of learning. At the end of term, there is Summative Assessment in which each student is asked to satisfy examiners with their knowledge of basic concepts and application of the concepts in real time situations. LIBA follows a pedagogic policy of “Singers must be tested on singing, and dancers must be tested on dancing ‘’. If a student’s core competence and skill is in oral communication, he or she is tested predominantly on oral tests. Similarly, every student can choose his/her way by which learning is demonstrated and assessed by examiners. Case study method forms the core of ecosystem of learning and assessment in LIBA .
LIBA Application Window: Open
LIBA application process is open for few days more. To explore admission opportunity in LIBA, Chennai, the candidates need to apply for admission by using and filling up the online application form. LIBA will accept CAT 2020 and XAT 2021 scores, so you can apply with the CAT scores and also XAT scores. Better of the two scores will be considered. The Application fee for admission to PGDM 2021 at LIBA is Rs.1500/-.
LIBA Intake 2021: 180 Students
The number of students that can be admitted to the PGDM 2021-23 batch is 180 at LIBA.
LIBA Programme Fees
LIBA is yet to announce its programme fee for the PGDM batch 2021-23. The fee for last year batch is detailed as under:
- The Total Programme fees payable by PGDM students at LIBA was Rs. 15,26,300 last year
- The Fee includes Admission Fee, Tuition Fee, Library Fee, Computer Fee, Alumni Membership Fee, Insurance, Fee for foundation courses, Alumni Membership & Establishment charges.
- The Boarding, Lodging and personal expenses are extra
LIBA has a consistent record of 100% placements. Placement 2020 recorded LPA and the 15 LPA. Top recruiters at LIBA included Latent View Analytics P Ltd, Federal Bank Ltd, CITI Corp, HDFC Bank Ltd, Yes Bank Ltd, Amazon Kindle, Nestle India Ltd, ITC ltd (FMCG), Vedanta Ltd, Rane NSK Steering Systems P Ltd, Wipro ltd, GATI Ltd, CRISIL Ltd, IBM India P LTD, Indegene P Ltd
LIBA Admission Eligibility Criteria
- All PGDM applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline under regular mode only from a recognized institution (AIU)
- The candidate should have a consistent academic record of the first class (minimum 60% marks) in STD X, STD XII & graduation.
- The candidates who have cleared all the subjects in their first attempt will be preferred.
- Candidates with a history of more than two arrears are NOT eligible to apply.
- CAT 2020 or XAT 2021 is a prerequisite to apply for LIBA's PGDM programme.
- Candidates appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply for LIBA Admission for PGDM 2021-23 Batch
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by LIBA and offered admission, to submit the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor's degree examination at a later date as decided by LIBA.
- Work Experience is not mandatory for Admission at LIBA, although relevant work experience is given weightage in admission process.
- All PGDM applicants are required to Enter their CAT ID/XAT ID in the application form
- Application process is open
How to Apply for Admission at LIBA
The aspirants desirous of seeking admission at LIBA should apply by registering online. you apply, make sure you have the following documents. Scanned passport size photograph, Scanned academic certificates, Scanned work experience certificates.
- Log on to LIBA Admission Website
- Click on the Apply Now link on the home page to create a User Registration. The details of the user ID and password will be sent to your registered email ID. If you forgot your password please click the reset link on the login page.
- After logging into your account using your user name and password, enter your CAT ID / XAT ID, personal details and upload your passport size photograph. Enter your academic details and upload all the support documents.
- Enter your work experience details and upload the support documents. Provide your reference information.
- Confirm all the details and submit the application form. Pay online Rs.1500/- through credit card / Debit Card /Net Banking.
- Download the completed application in PDF and email it to LIBA
Accepted Exam Scores for admission at LIBA are: 2020- conducted by IIMs on November 29, 2020; conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur, on January 3, 2021
Registering for CAT 2020/XAT 2021 is a prerequisite for applying to LIBA. Candidates may register for both of the admission tests. The better of the two scores will be considered by LIBA.
LIBA Admission Cut Off 2021
Expected LIBA Cut off 2021 for CAT or XAT will be based on aggregate percentile score although candidates should also have scored well across the sections of the entrance exams. LIBA will also display CAT 2020/XAT 2021 score cut offs on its website in March 2021 while shortlisting the candidates for final admission round.
The expected cut offs may remain as under:
Cut off for Candidates of General Category
Cut off for Candidates of Christian Category
Source: LIBA Chennai
Shortlisting and Final Selection at LIBA
LIBA Admission Criteria 2021 include weightage to exam score, academics and work experience, final selection process with the weightage to different parameters. Admission Criteria 2021 at LIBA Chennai will be a two step process involving the Shortlisting criteria and the Final admission selection Criteria
The first part of Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Admission criteria is the shortlisting criteria before final selection round. LIBA will shortlist the candidates on the basis of following parameters:
- Candidates who have applied to LIBA will be short-listed on the basis of their CAT 2020 / XAT 2021 scores.
- Short-listed candidates will be called for a group discussion and an interview for the final selection in March 2021
- A call letter for interview will be sent through e-mail. You may click on the PGDM results on LIBA website and login using your LIBA-ID and password to find the results.
- In case more both CAT and XAT exams are taken by the applicant, LIBA will short-list the candidates for the interview based on their best available test scores
Final Admission Selection Round Criteria
- Post short-listing on the basis of available scores, applicants will be called for the final selection round (PI Round) at the designated centres
- Performance in Personal Interview (PI) will be awarded high weightage in final selection criteria.
- Group discussions and interviews will be held at Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata and Chennai
- The evaluation criteria in final selection will also look into the academic year arrears. As per the admission policy LIBA do not admit candidates with a history of more than 2 arrears.
- Evaluation Criteria in LIBA Final Selection will also involve the quality of work experience, academic profile, achievements among others
- Final Admission offer at LIBA will be based on CAT/XAT scores, past academic performance, work experience and performance in GD & PI Round
LIBA Admission Process for PGDM 2021
Following steps are included in the LIBA Admission process. However, Applicants should ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria, have appeared or have registered for the required CAT/XAT exam, the scores of which are accepted by LIBA for Admission:
- Step 1: Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria should apply to LIBA by completing the online admission application form at LIBA website by the last date
- Step 2: Candidates must provide their CAT 2020 or XAT 2021 Registration ID in LIBA application form to finalize the application process. The applicants should also appear in CAT 2020 or XAT 2021 and score positive marks to be considered for shortlisting by LIBA.
- Step 3: Candidates are short-listed for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) from among the eligible candidates who have a valid entrance exam score and have applied to the programme of LIBA. The GD-PI process will be conducted at Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata and Chennai
- Step 4: After the GD-PI round, admission offers are made by LIBA to successful candidates. The final selection is based on a diverse set of attributes which includes performance in entrance exam, performance in PI round, academics, Quality of Work Experience among others.
Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) was established in 1979. It is consistently ranked among the best business schools in the country. LIBA is a Jesuit institution under the aegis of Loyola College Society, Chennai. The institute lays stress on holistic learning with particular emphasis on excellence and ethics. The institute is one of the B schools who offer dual specialization.
With a legacy of four decades, LIBA has the USP of 100% placement, competent faculty, International Collaborations, constantly updated syllabus.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai