Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai one of the highly ranked management institutes in India has opened admission 2019. The last date to apply for admission to PGDM 2019-21 batch is February 20, 2019...LIBA Chennai Admissions 2019 Open- Apply Now
LIBA offers its flagship 2 years full time residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) which is equivalent to MBA. PGDM at LIBA is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as equivalent to MBA. The cut off marks change every year depending on the performance of candidates in CAT and XAT. The Cut off marks of CAT & XAT will be displayed on the LIBA website by 2nd week February 2019.
LIBA Last Date to Apply: February 20, 2019
Last date to apply for admission in LIBA is February 20, 2019. To explore admission opportunity in LIBA, Chennai, the candidates need to apply for admission by using and filling up the online application form. LIBA will accept CAT 2018 and XAT 2019 scores, so you can apply with the CAT scores and also XAT scores. Better of the two scores will be considered. The Application fee for admission to PGDM 2019-21 at LIBA is Rs.1500/- which can be paid online only. LIBA Chennai Admissions 2019 Open- Apply Now
LIBA Admission Cut Off 2019
LIBA Cut off 2019 for CAT or XAT will be based on aggregate percentile score although candidates should also have scored well across the sections of the entrance exams. LIBA will also display CAT 2018/XAT 2019 score cut offs on its website in the second week of February 2019 while shortlisting the candidates for final admission round.
The expected cut offs may remain as under:
2 Years PGDM Expected Cut off
LIBA Programme Fees: Rs.12.61 Lakhs
- The Total Programme fees payable by PGDM students at LIBA is Rs. 12,61,000
- The Fee includes Admission Fee, Tuition Fee, Library Fee, Computer Fee, Alumni Membership Fee, Insurance, Fee for foundation courses, Alumni Membership & Establishment charges.
- The Boarding, Lodging and personal expenses are extra
LIBA Admission Criteria 2019-21 describe in detail the admission eligibility, admission process, entrance exam accepted like CAT 2018 and XAT 2019; Weightage to academics and work experience, final selection process with the weightage to different parameters. LIBA Chennai Admissions 2019 Open- Apply Now
To explore admission opportunity in LIBA, Chennai, the candidates need to apply for admission by using and filling up the online application form and should also appear either in CAT 2018 or XAT 2019. The Application fee for admission to PGDM 2019-21 at LIBA is Rs.1500/- which can be paid online only.
- All PGDM applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline under regular mode only from a recognized institution (AIU)
- The candidate should have a consistent academic record of the first class (minimum 60% marks) in STD X, STD XII & graduation.
- The candidates who have cleared all the subjects in their first attempt will be preferred.
- Candidates with a history of more than two arrears are NOT eligible to apply.
- CAT 2018 or XAT 2019 is a prerequisite to apply for LIBA's PGDM programme.
- Candidates appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply for LIBA Admission for PGDM 2019-21 Batch
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by LIBA and offered admission, to submit the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor's degree examination at a later date as decided by LIBA.
- Work Experience is not mandatory for Admission at LIBA, although relevant work experience is given weightage in admission process.
- All PGDM applicants are required to Enter their CAT ID/XAT ID in the application form
- Application deadline for admission to PGDM 2019-21 batch is February 20, 2019
LIBA Admission Criteria
Admission Criteria 2019 at LIBA Chennai will be a two step process involving the Shortlisting criteria and the Final admission selection Criteria LIBA Chennai Admissions 2019 Open- Apply Now
- Shortlisting Criteria
The first part of Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Admission criteria is the shortlisting criteria before final selection round. LIBA will shortlist the candidates on the basis of following parameters:
- Candidates who have applied to LIBA will be short-listed on the basis of their CAT 2018 / XAT 2019 scores.
- Short-listed candidates will be called for a group discussion and an interview for the final selection.
- A call letter for interview will be sent through e-mail. You may click on the PGDM results on LIBA website and login using your LIBA-ID and password to find the results.
- In case more both CAT and XAT exams are taken by the applicant, LIBA will short-list the candidates for the interview based on their best available test scores
Final Admission Selection Round Criteria
- Post short-listing on the basis of available scores, applicants will be called for the final selection round (PI Round) at the designated centres
- Performance in Personal Interview (PI) will be awarded high weightage in final selection criteria.
- Group discussions and interviews will be held at Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata and Chennai
- The evaluation criteria in final selection will also look into the academic year arrears. As per the admission policy LIBA do not admit candidates with a history of more than 2 arrears.
- Evaluation Criteria in LIBA Final Selection will also involve the quality of work experience, academic profile, achievements among others
- Final Admission offer at LIBA will be based on CAT/XAT scores, past academic performance, work experience and performance in GD & PI Round
LIBA Intake 2019-21: 180 Students
The number of students that can be admitted to the PGDM 2019-21 batch is 180 at LIBA.
LIBA Admission Process for PGDM 2019-21
Following steps are included in the LIBA Admission process. However, Applicants should ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria, have appeared or have registered for the required CAT/XAT exam, the scores of which are accepted by LIBA for Admission:
- Step 1: Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria should apply to LIBA by completing the online admission application form at LIBA website. The last date to apply for PGDM 2019-21 batch is February 20, 2019.
- Step 2: Candidates must provide their CAT 2018 or XAT 2019 Registration ID in LIBA application form to finalize the application process. The applicants should also appear in CAT 2018 or XAT 2019 and score positive marks to be considered for shortlisting by LIBA.
- Step 3: Candidates are short-listed for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) from among the eligible candidates who have a valid entrance exam score and have applied to the programme of LIBA. The GD-PI process will be conducted at Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata and Chennai
- Step 4: After the GD-PI round, admission offers are made by LIBA to successful candidates. The final selection is based on a diverse set of attributes which includes performance in entrance exam, performance in PI round, academics, Quality of Work Experience among others.
How to Apply for Admission at LIBA
Aspirants desirous of seeking admission at LIBA should apply to LIBA by registering online by giving their CAT/XAT-ID and details of DD/IMS/ Net Banking receipt.
Kindly keep the following documents ready to be uploaded with the application form
- Scanned Passport size photograph
- Scanned academic certificates
- Scanned work experience certificates
Click on the link to create a login account. The details of the login ID and password will be sent to your registered email ID.
- After logging into your account using your user name and password, Enter your CAT ID/ XAT ID , personal detail and upload your passport size photograph.
- Enter your academic details and upload the support documents.
- Enter your work experience details and upload the support documents.
- Provide your reference information.
- Confirm all the details and submit the application form.
- Make online payment of Rs. 1500/- through Credit Card / Debit Card/ Netbanking
- Accepted Exam Scores for admission at LIBA are: CAT 2018- To be conducted by IIMs on November 25, 2018; XAT 2019- To be conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur, on January 6, 2019
Registering for CAT 2018/XAT 2019 is a prerequisite for applying to LIBA. Candidates may register for both of the admission tests. The better of the two scores will be considered by LIBA.
LIBA has a consistent record of 100% placements. The Placement 2018 has recorded highest salary of Rs.21 lakhs while the average salary stood at Rs.10 Lakhs. There were 50 recruiters including the past and new companies participating in Placement 2018. Students were offered placements in eight diverse sectors. Top recruiters at LIBA include Latent View Analytics, Federal Bank, CITI Corp, HDFC Bank, Yes Bank, Amazon Kindle, Nestle India, ITC, Vedanta, Rane NSK Steering Systems, Wipro, GATI, CRISIL, IBM, Indegene among others
Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) was established in 1979. It is consistently ranked among the best business schools in the country. LIBA is a Jesuit institution under the aegis of Loyola College Society, Chennai. The institute lays stress on holistic learning with particular emphasis on excellence and ethics. The institute is one of the B schools who offer dual specialization.
LIBA has the USP of 100% placement, competent faculty, International Collaborations, constantly updated syllabus. LIBA has a legacy of 38 years in Management Education and is ranked No. 3 in the Southern Region & Ranked 32 among the top 100 B-schools of India in MHRD-NIRF Ranking 2018. LIBA has International Collaboration with institutions in 5 European, 3 Asian, 2 American, Australian and African Countries.
LIBA has established the Centers of Excellence in Logistics & Supply Chain, Business Ethics & Corporate Governance, Loyola Inclusive Innovation Impact Centre (L3IC). Prof. C.K.Prahalad Centre for Emerging India and Informatics Centre at LIBA has been established to hone the skills of students consistently.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai