MDI Gurgaon, one of the premier B-schools in India concluded its placement 2022 for the batch 2020-2022 with 15% rise in average salary which has gone up at Rs.26.65 LPA from Rs.23.15 LPA in 2021. Highest salary, offered in IT & Operations domain, registered 159% hike and has gone up at Rs.1.14 crores in 2022 from Rs.44 lakhs last year. MDI Gurgaon achieved yet again the 100% placement for the large batch of 391 students comprising 231 students from PGDM, 58 students from PGDM-HRM and 102 from PGDM-IB Program.
MDI Gurgaon Final Placement 2022: Key Highlights
Key Highlights in MDI Placement 2022 are:
- 100% Placement for the large batch of 391 students
- Median Salary up at Rs. 23.50 LPA in 2022 from Rs.23 LPA last year
- Average Salary for PGDM & PGDM IB is Up by 15% at Rs.26.65 LPA from Rs.23.15 LPA last year
- Average Salary for PGDM-HRM is up at Rs.23.80 LPA in 2022
- Highest Salary in 2022 rose by 159% at Rs.1.14 Crores from Rs.44 Lakhs last year
- 131 PPOs were offered by the participating companies
- 87 Companies participated in Placement 2022
- 35 were the First time Recruiters
- Top Recruiters in Placement 2022 included Amazon, Accenture, Deloitte, PwC, Cognizant, ICICI Bank, Microsoft, Aditya Birla, Godrej, Goldman Sachs among others
- IT & Operations domain offered highest salary of Rs.1.14 Cr
- Consulting & General Management domain rolled out maximum number of 171 offers
- Maximum offers made by a single company were 38
MDI students have proved their mettle through their high quality performance by achieving yet again 100% placement with higher salary packages. The regular recruiters at MDI reinforced their faith in the quality of talent by opening more of their coveted roles, in addition to their regular roles on offer.
Key Placement trends
Placements at MDI Gurgaon during past few years have continued to rise braving all the slow down odds proving again and again that MDI students are a preferred lot by the recruiters. A brief comparative analysis in last 5 years placement will bring home the fact:
Average salary (Rs. in lakhs)
A total of 87 companies participated for the MDI final placement 2022 and made Placement offers to the participating students.
The placement season saw an overwhelming response from companies spanning across various functions such as Consulting, General Management, Finance, Strategy, Sales and Marketing, Operations and HR. A plethora of startups also opened their niche profiles to leverage the talent pool at MDI Gurgaon. The stellar placements at MDI amidst the increasingly volatile economic scenario stand testimony to the faith shown by industry stalwarts in its pedagogy, faculty, alumni and students.
In addition to the regular recruiters, MDI campus also saw 35 first time recruiters, reiterating the confidence that the industry places upon MDI. There was a substantial increase in the number of offers made by the regular recruiters.
Some of the top Recruiters in Placement 2022 at MDI Gurgaon included companies like Amazon, Accenture, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, DE Shaw, Microsoft, Aditya Birla, PwC, Cognizant, ICICI Bank, Atlassian, Media.net, Sprinklr, JPMorgan Chase, Nomura, American Express, Axis Bank, Barclays, Citibank, Google, JSW, Mahindra & Mahindra, PhonePe, McKinsey & Company, BCG, Reliance Industries, Hinduja among others.
Out of the 87 companies that participated in the final placement process, 35 were new recruiters. IT & Operations, Consulting and General Management, domains saw the highest number of offers this year.
Programme Wise Placements
Below are shared the MDI Gurgaon program wise placements for the batch 2020-22
2 Years Full Time PGDM and PGDM-IB
Key Placement 2022 highlights for the PGDM and PGDM-IB batch 2020-22 are:
- 77 Companies Made offers to 333 students in PGDM and PGDM-IB Batch 2020-22
- Average Salary for the batch was Rs.26.65 LPA
- Median Salary for the batch was Rs.24.00 LPA
- Highest salary was offered in Technology, Media & Telecom sector
- Highest number of offers were made in Consulting domain
- BFSI and E-Commerce companies were other top contributors
- Key Placement Sectors included Automobile, Conglomerate, Energy & Logistics, Consulting Technology & Telecom, Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, FMCG/FMCD, BFSI, E-Commerce
- Maximum number of 127 offers were made in Consulting sector, followed by BFSI with 79 offers. E-Commerce made 44 offers and Media & Telecom sector made 39 offers. Other key sectors included FMCG/FMCD, Healthcare Pharmaceuticals, Automobile, Conglomerate, Energy and Logistics
2 Years Full Time PGDM-HRM
Key Placement 2022 highlights for the PGDM HRM batch 2020-22 are:
- 28 Companies Made offers to 58 students in PGDM HRM Batch 2020-22
- Average Salary for the batch was Rs.23.80 LPA
- Median Salary for the batch was Rs.23.50 LPA
- Highest salary was offered in the E-commerce sector
- 100% increase in offers in the Consulting domain
- Automobile, Conglomerates, Energy & Logistics companies were other top contributors
- Maximum number of 30 offers were made in Consulting sector, followed by Automobile, Conglomerate, Energy and Logistics sector with 10 offers. E-Commerce made 8 offers and Media & Telecom sector made 5 offers. FMCG/FMCD, Healthcare Pharmaceuticals made 2 offers each. BFSI made 1 offer
Function-Wise Placement Highlights
Function wise highlights in MDI Gurgaon placements 2022 are
Sales & Marketing: Highest Salary-Rs.35.57 LPA; Total Offers-51
Industry stalwarts such as Asian Paints, Godrej, ITC Limited, Johnson & Johnson, L'Oréal, Marico, Microsoft, Pidilite Industries, Reckitt, Udaan, United Breweries Group among others made offers in the Sales and Marketing domain
IT & Operations: Highest Salary-Rs.1.14 Crore; Total Offers-66
Industry leaders such as Atlassian, Media.net, Microsoft, Sprinklr and others extended offers to MDI students. In addition to them, e-commerce giants such as Amazon and Flipkart also made good number of offers at MDI Gurgaon placements 2022.
Finance: Highest Salary-Rs.32 LPA; Total Offers-45
Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase & Co, and Nomura offered investment banking roles. Industry stalwarts such as American Express, Axis Bank, Barclays, Citibank, D. E. Shaw and ICICI Bank strengthened their association with MDI.
Human Resources: Highest Salary-Rs.35.57 LPA; Total Offers-58
Witnessing continued faith from the industry, MDI hosted leaders such as Aditya Birla Group, Google, JSW Group, boosting MDI’s reputation as the premier institute for HRM. Firms like Accenture Strategy, AON Consulting, Deloitte USI, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Flipkart, Mahindra & Mahindra, PhonePe & PwC US Advisory extended opportunities to the HR cohort
Consulting & General Management: Highest Salary-Rs.38.30 LPA; Total Offers-171
Consulting and General Management function saw MDI initiating engagement with Accenture Strategy and Aditya Birla Group. Industry leaders such as Boston Consulting Group, Deloitte India, Deloitte USI, McKinsey & Company and PwC US Advisory recruited students in good number. Aditya Birla Group, Hinduja Group and Reliance Industries Limited offered coveted General Management roles.
Diverse batch profile with Academic & Gender Diversity
In keeping pace with the latest industry trends, MDI Gurgaon has maintained a balanced and diverse batch. MDI garners industry interest due to its distinct student demographic, which exhibits diversity in terms of education, past work experience and gender.
- Gender Diversity: This year the batch saw a similar trend with 21% women enrolling in the PGDM, PGDM-HRM and PGDM-IB programs.
- Academic Diversity: 23% batch is from Non-Engineering back ground
- Average Work Experience: 21 Months
- Students with Work Experience: 76% students are with work experience in the range of 1 to 36+ Months while 24% students are freshers
- Average Age of the batch is 26 Years
- Average CAT Percentile of the batch is 97.86
The students have a prior work experience in various sectors, with Manufacturing, IT/ITES, BFSI, Consulting, Operations, Sale & Marketing being the most prominent ones. This diversity provides for an ideal bed of talent for recruitment.
Set up in 1973 MDI Gurgaon has earned the reputation of being among the top rated B schools of the country. MDI Gurgaon is ranked # 11 in Govt of India, NIRF Ranking 2021 and is ranked # 9 in MBAUniverse.com B-School Ranking 2022. MDI has the distinction of being the first internationally accredited Indian B-School. It is accredited by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), South Asian Quality Standards (SAQS), and by Association of MBAs (AMBA). MDI Gurgaon Admission Open: Apply Now
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on MDI Gurugram (Gurgaon)