MDI Gurgaon, one of the premier B-schools in India concluded its placement 2023 for the batch 2021-2023 with higher salary packages for the large batch of 472 students comprising 238 students from PGDM, 120 students from PGDM-HRM and 114 students from PGDM-IB Program. 102 Companies with 21 new companies participated in MDI Gurgaon Placement process 2023 and made offers to the large batch of students. Highest salary of Rs.60 LPA was offered in Consulting sector.
MDI Gurgaon has registered 11.19% rise in Median salary which has gone up at Rs.26.13 LPA. The average salary for the PGDM and PGDM-IB programme has gone up at Rs.27.67 LPA and the Average Salary for PGDM-HRM Batch has gone up at Rs.26.42 LPA. Consulting emerged as the top recruiting domain with 112 offers. A single company made 55 offers to MDI students.
MDI Gurgaon achieved yet again the 100% placement for the large batch of 472 students
MDI Gurgaon Final Placement 2023: Key Highlights
Key Highlights in MDI Placement 2023 are:
- 100% Placement for the large batch of 472 students
- Median Salary up by 11.19% at Rs.26.13 LPA from Rs. 23.50 LPA last year
- Average Salary for PGDM & PGDM IB is Up at Rs.27.67 LPA from Rs.26.65 LPA last year
- Average Salary for PGDM-HRM is up at Rs. 26.42 LPA from Rs.23.80 LPA in 2022
- Highest Salary in 2023 stood at Rs.60 LPA offered in Consulting Sector
- Number of PPOs go up at 154 in 2023 from 131 last year
- 102 Companies participated in Placement 2023 as against 87 last year
- 21 are the First time Recruiters
- Maximum offers made by a single Company: 55
- Average Salary for Top 10 Percentile: Rs.43.02 LPA
- Average Salary for Top 25 Percentile: Rs.37.04 LPA
- Average Salary for Top 50 Percentile: Rs.32.39 LPA
- Top Recruiters in Placement 2023 included Amazon, Accenture, Deloitte, PwC, ICICI Bank, Aditya Birla Group, Godrej, Goldman Sachs among others
- Consulting & General Management domain rolled out maximum number of 205 offers
MDI students have proved their mettle through their high quality performance by achieving yet again 100% placement with higher salary packages. The regular recruiters at MDI reinforced their faith in the quality of talent by opening more of their coveted roles, in addition to their regular roles on offer.
MDI Gurgaon Placements 2023: Key trends
Placements at MDI Gurgaon during past few years have continued to rise braving all the slow down odds proving again and again that MDI students are a preferred lot by the recruiters. A brief comparative analysis in last 6 years placement will bring home the fact:
Average salary (Rs. in lakhs)
A total of 102 companies participated for the MDI final placement 2023 and made Placement offers to the participating students.
The placement season saw an overwhelming response from companies spanning across various functions such as Consulting, General Management, Finance, Strategy, Sales and Marketing, Operations and HR. A plethora of startups also opened their niche profiles to leverage the talent pool at MDI Gurgaon. The stellar placements at MDI amidst the increasingly volatile economic scenario stand testimony to the faith shown by industry stalwarts in its pedagogy, faculty, alumni and students.
In addition to the regular recruiters, MDI campus also saw 21 first time recruiters, reiterating the confidence that the industry places upon MDI. There was a substantial increase in the number of offers made by the regular recruiters.
Some of the top Recruiters in Placement 2023 at MDI Gurgaon included companies like Amazon, Accenture, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, DE Shaw, Microsoft, Aditya Birla, PwC, Cognizant, ICICI Bank, Atlassian, Media.net, Sprinklr, JPMorgan Chase, Nomura, American Express, Axis Bank, Barclays, Citibank, Google, JSW, Mahindra & Mahindra, PhonePe, McKinsey & Company, BCG, Reliance Industries, Hinduja among others.
Programme Wise Placements
Below are shared the MDI Gurgaon program wise placements for the batch 2021-23
2 Years Full Time PGDM and PGDM-IB Placements 2023
Key Placement 2023 highlights for the PGDM and PGDM-IB batch 2021-23 are:
- 87 Companies Made offers to 352 students in PGDM and PGDM-IB Batch 2021-23
- Average Salary for the batch was Rs.27.67 LPA
- Median Salary for the batch was Rs.26.70 LPA
- Highest salary was offered in Conglomerate, Automobile, Energy & Logistics Sector
- Highest number of offers were made in Consulting domain
- 164% increase in the number of offers made by Conglomerate, Automobile, Energy & Logistics companies
- BFSI and Consulting companies were other major recruiters
- Key Placement Sectors included Automobile, Conglomerate, Energy & Logistics, Consulting, Telecom & Media, Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, FMCG/FMCD, BFSI, E-Commerce
- Maximum number of 112 offers were made in Consulting sector, followed by BFSI with 95 offers. Telecom & Media made 46 offers, Automobile & Conglomerate made 37 offers, FMCG/FMCD made 34 offers and Healthcare Pharmaceuticals made 16 offers
2 Years Full Time PGDM-HRM Placements 2023
Key Placement 2023 highlights for the PGDM HRM batch 2021-23 are:
- 50 Companies Made offers to 120 students in PGDM HRM Batch 2021-23
- Average Salary for the batch was Rs.26.42 LPA with 11.05% increase
- Median Salary for the batch was Rs.25.00 LPA
- Highest salary was offered in the BFSI sector
- 190% increase in the number of offers made by Automobile, Energy & Logistic Companies
- Conglomerate, Automobile, Energy & Logistics and Consulting companies were major recruiters
- Maximum number of 46 offers were made in Consulting sector, followed by Automobile with 31 offers, BFSI sector with 14 offers. Telecom & Media made 9 offers, E-Commerce made 7 offers and FMCG/FMCD also made 7 offers, Healthcare Pharmaceuticals made 6 offers
Function-Wise Placement Highlights
Function wise highlights in MDI Gurgaon placements 2023 are
Sales & Marketing: Highest Salary-Rs.60 LPA; Total Offers-76
Industry stalwarts such as Adidas, HMEL, Landmark Group, Pernod Ricard, and Trident Group. Industry stalwarts such as Asian Paints, Cipla, Flipkart, Godrej, ITC Limited, Marico, PhonePe, Pidilite, Puma, and Reckitt continued to recruit at MDI with vigour. Pharmaceutical giants like Becton Dickinson, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Eli Lilly & Company, GSK Pharmaceuticals, Johnson & Johnson among others made offers in the Sales and Marketing domain
IT & Operations: Highest Salary-Rs.49 LPA; Total Offers-51
Industry leaders such as EXL Service, Genpact, HSBC Bank, Jio Platforms, Paytm, Piramal Group, Tekion Corp, and UnitedHealth Group. E-Commerce giants like Amazon, MakeMyTrip, and Flipkart continued to put their faith in the talent pool of MDI Gurgaon
Finance: Highest Salary-Rs.56 LPA; Total Offers-66
Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase & Co., HSBC Bank, and Nomura were the front runners to offer coveted investment banking roles at MDI. Industry stalwarts such as 360 ONE, American Express, Citibank, Client Associates, Crisil, and Piramal Group strengthened their association with MDI.
Human Resources: Highest Salary-Rs.45 LPA; Total Offers-74
Witnessing continued faith from the industry, MDI hosted leaders such as Aditya Birla Group, Amazon, Asian Paints, Flipkart, Google, HSBC Bank, Nestlé, and PwC boosting MDI’s reputation as the premier institute for HRM. Top firms like Accenture Strategy, Airtel, AON Consulting Deloitte, EY, ITC Limited, KPMG, and Landmark Group extended opportunities to the HR cohort and demonstrated enhanced confidence in our talent pool.
Consulting & General Management: Highest Salary-Rs.60 LPA; Total Offers-205
Legacy recruiters like Accenture Strategy, Aditya Birla Group, Deloitte, Everest Group, and PwC India recruited with renewed vigour. Industrial giants like Amazon, Godrej, Hinduja Group, Reliance Industries, and ReNew also offered coveted General Management roles.
Diverse batch profile with Academic & Gender Diversity
In keeping pace with the latest industry trends, MDI Gurgaon has maintained a balanced and diverse batch. MDI garners industry interest due to its distinct student demographic, which exhibits diversity in terms of education, previous work experience and gender.
- Gender Diversity: This year the batch saw 28% women and 72% Male enrolling in the PGDM, PGDM-HRM and PGDM-IB programs
- Academic Diversity: 23% batch is from Non-Engineering back ground
- Average Work Experience: 28 Months
- Students with Work Experience: 77% students are with work experience in the range of 1 to 36+ Months while 23% students are freshers
- Average Age of the batch is 26 Years
- Average CAT Percentile of the batch is 96.42
The students have a prior work experience in various sectors, with Manufacturing, IT/ITES, BFSI, Consulting, Operations, Sale & Marketing being the most prominent ones. This diversity provides for an ideal bed of talent for recruitment.
Set up in 1973 MDI Gurgaon has earned the reputation of being among the top rated B schools of the country. MDI Gurgaon is ranked # 13 in Govt of India, NIRF Ranking 2022 and is ranked # 10 in MBAUniverse.com B-School Ranking 2023. MDI has the distinction of being the first internationally accredited Indian B-School. It is accredited by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), South Asian Quality Standards (SAQS), and by Association of MBAs (AMBA).
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on MDI Gurugram (Gurgaon)