Housed in its 265 acres “oasis in the desert” campus at Lakshmangarh in Rajasthan, Mody University is a leading Women University of India. The University had a modest beginning in mid-80s, and it blossomed into one of the top five residential schools for girls in India, before expanding into a Private State University. Now, led by former CXO and academic leaderDr Anirban Sengupta, Mody University’s School of Management is charting its own course as India’s leading Women-Only B School with support from 100+ top corporate leaders and academics. To understand the what, why and how of this transformation, and to know more about MBA Admissions, continue reading!
Before we go into the details, here is a quick look at recent achievements of Mody University SOM
- Highest Ranked Women-Only B School by India Today as per 2019 B School Ranking.
- Pro bono support of 100 senior industry professionals from well-known organizations and academicians from leading B School from India as well as around the world
- Led by Dr Anirban Sengupta, a Diversity Champion, former CXO and faculty at IIMs, XIMB and GIM
- Strong Placements 2021. Highest Package is Rs.10 LPA and Average Package is Rs.5 LPA
- Top Recruiters include ICICI Bank, ICICI Prudential, HDFC, Swiggy, Airtel, Reliance Jio, S&P Global
- Alumni are holding senior responsible positions in prominent organizations like Shell, ICICI Bank, Amazon India
- MBA Admissions 2021 are open – Apply now
Before we move ahead, lets know about the various programs offered at Mody University School of Business.
Programme Fee (Rs.in lakhs)
MBA Dual Specialization
Dual Degree –BBA+MBA
Dean Dr Anirban Sengupta – a Diversity Champion
School of Business, Mody University (SOB MU) was launched in 2000, much before diversity hiring & women leadership became buzzwords in the industry. As Dr. Sengupta says, “Our B School is ahead of its time - although we have a twenty-year pedigree, our time has just arrived.”
Dr Anirban Sengupta, who took charge as the Dean of SOB MU in December 2018, brings in three decades of leadership experience. He worked at CRISIL and CEAT. Later he was the Vice President of FITCH Ratings India. His long and distinguished academic career include Centre Director, Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad; Executive Director, International School of Business & Media (ISB&M) Pune; Dean, School of Business, UPES Dehradun. He has also taught at the Goa Institute of Management (GIM), and served as Visiting Faculty with IIM Indore, IIM Kozhikode, XIM Bhubaneshwar.
Under the leadership of Dr. Sengupta, SOB MU has articulated its credo as – “Nation building Through Women Leadership” – and has repositioned its MBA program as one that is specifically designed for grooming “Next Generation Women Leaders”.
Says Dr. Sengupta, “Our MBA program goes beyond providing business knowledge, functional knowledge and soft skills. ‘Mindset-grooming’ is something where it stands out. ”
Curriculum & Pedagogy
Mody University School of Business has industry relevant curriculum and a dedicated team of full-time faculty members many of whom have been with the university for nearly a decade. Class-room teachings get supplemented with experience-sharing sessions by senior industry leaders especially women leaders. Women Leadership in Business is a core subject in its course curriculum. Distinguished Visiting Faculty are drawn from Industry (Asian Paints) and Academia (teaching at S P Jain, XLRI, IIMIndore, VedicaScholars.
Sharing the curriculum and pedagogical initiatives taken at Mody University School of Business, Dr Sengupta said,“Being a business-school only for women – we had to rethink our MBA program in terms of content, delivery and positioning. Women Leadership and Women Entrepreneurship have been introduced as core subjects in Semester I and Semester II of our MBA program. We now have a 42 hour exclusive Women Leadership Development Program embedded in our MBA Program.- driven by well-known mentors from industry. Besides, regular interactive sessions with women leaders across sectors and functions on a sustained basis – are all integral components of SOB MU MBA Program.”
When asked why a dedicated B-school for women is required, Dr Sengupta emphatically said, “Business is driven by men, business case studies have mostly male protagonists, B-school classrooms are dominated by male students. Despite increasing opportunity due to diversity hiring initiatives – women aspirants need to be specially trained in skills like assertiveness, self-confidence, ability to influence others; managing career transitions; communicating vision and strategy, networking skills, nurturing empathy but controlling emotions; learning how to speak up and get heard, developing mental resilience and agility for making successful comeback career-breaks and so on. It is for these reasons we need a dedicated B-school like ours.”
Strong Industry Connect with 100+ Corporate Leads on Advisory body
Ever since taking charge, Dr Sengupta has been reaching out to industry leaders, senior professionals and leaders from the academia, seeking their support to the cause of women leadership. The result is now showing up – SOB MU has got a hundred such professionals – known nationally as well as internationally - associated with it on a pro bono basis – as members of its Dean’s Advisory Council, International Advisory Committee, Board of Studies, Mentors, Industry Advisory Committee, Distinguished Visiting Faculty.
Key Industry and Academia Professionals Associated with Mody University SOB
- Chandrakant Nayak, Chief Executive Officer and President; Dow Chemical India
- Rakesh Bhutoria, Chief Executive Officer, Srei Infrastructure Finance Ltd.
- Chiradeep Deb, Managing Director & Global Head of Investment Banking, Mashreq Corporate & Investment Banking Group, UAE
- Jaideep Ghosh, Chief Operating Officer, ShardulAmarchandMangaldas
- Dr. Srinivas Chunduru, Ex-CEO, Piramal Housing, Ex-CHRO, Piramal Group; CEO, Van’s Skilling &Advisory;
International Advisory Committee:
- Dr.VinikaDevasar Rao, Executive Director, INSEAD Emerging Markets Institute & Gender Initiative, INSEAD, Asia Campus, Singapore
- Dr.VenkatapparaoMummalaneni, Marketing Area, RFL College, Virginia State University, Petersburg, USA
- Dr.Pushkula Raman, Marketing Area, College of Business, Texas Women's University, Texas, USA
- Dr.Indranil Ghosh, Finance & Accounting Area, Graham's School of Business, St. Xaviers University, Chicago, USA
- Dr. Vidya Sagar Athota, Business Psychology & HR Area, School of Business, University of Notre Dame, Sydney, Australia
- Dr. Lavanya Wadgaonkar, Head, Global Strategic & International Communications, Nissan Motor Corporation, Japan
Industry Advisory Committee
Comprises of senior professionals from industry from different functional areas. They serve as members of various Program Advisory Committees, some of them serve as Visiting Faculty, some others contribute through occasional experience-sharing sessions.
- Kunal K Kundu, Vice President & India Economist, SocietieGenerale Corporate & Investment Bank
- Shailendra Singh, Sr Group Manager, Bain Capability Centre, Bain & Company
- Sahil Nayar, Sr. Associate Director HR, KPMG India
- Sonjoi Kumar, Joint Secretary, Risk Management Association of India
- Vijendra Sharma, Principal Consultant, Concourse Consulting
- Anuka Kumar, Leader – Academic Partnerships, Career Education, IBM India
- Shamik Ray, Executive Vice President, Kantar IMRB
- Amit Mehndiratta, Consumer Insights Leads -Personal Care India, Hindustan Unilever
- Ayan Chaudhuri, Marketing Manager, ITC
- Dr.Yasha Pandit, Associate Director, PwC India
- Sanjeev Sharma, Sr General Manager - Cargo Logistics, Spicejet Airlines
- Swati Sharma, Assistant Director, Talent & Culture, ACCOR Group
- Stuti Das, Vice President, SOTC Travel
Placement 2021 Highlights
Mody University School of Business is making great progress on Placement 2021 front as well. Here are key highlights:
- 70% of MBA 2019-21 Batch, passing out in May 2021, already placed. This is a big achievement in tough market conditions.
- 5% have opted for pursuing PhD program.
- 38% of students placed are holding 2 or more offers
- 20+ Recruiters include ICICI Bank, ICCI Pru Life, Naukri.com, BOSCH.
- Highest salary Rs. 10 lakhs p.a.
- Average salary of students placed is Rs. 5 lakhs p.a.
Placements (Summer Internships)
- ICICI Bank has picked up 20% of the batch for their paid PPO linked Internship
- A number of other good brands are in the pipeline
Mody University School of Business MBA Admission 2021
After reading above information if you are interested in MBA Admission 2021 at Mody University School of Business, here are key details for you.
Mody University MBA Admissions 2021 are open. You can apply with any entrance exam scores are CAT/ XAT/ NMAT/ CMAT/ MAT/ATMA or take their own entrance exam -- MUSAT.
Mody University MBA Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must hold a bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- Apart from a recognized graduate degree, the candidate should be registered and have appeared in CAT (2019, 2020)/XAT/NMAT by GMAC/CMAT/MAT or should appear in MUSAT
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply
How to Apply for MBA Admission at Mody University?
Interested aspirants with valid entrance exam scores can apply for the MBA programs. Application fee is Rs. 1000/- which should be paid online.
Mody University MBA Alumni
Mody University MBA Alumnae are handling responsible positions in organizations like Shell, ICICI Bank, Amazon India, Bajaj Finserve, S & P Global, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, JP Morgan Chase, Bharti Airtel, Reliance Jio, RBS Scotland, Wipro Infotech, EY, CRM Next, Saama, Accor, Simpl, AXIS Bank, Swiggy, Markets & Markets, MILES CPA Review, Messe Dusseldorf India, Trizone Entertainment, Deutsche Bank, NTPC, BNY Mellon, Macquarie Group, National Bank of Canada, Altair Advertising (Doha, Qatar).
A few prominent Mody University MBA Alumni are:
|Name||Mody University MBA BATCH||ORGANISATION|
|Nimisha Biyala||2008-10||Bajaj Finserve|
|Richa Tripathi||2011-13||BNY Mellon|
|GunjaPatwary||2006-08||Citicorp Services India|
|Kriti Mishra||2011-13||Deutsche Bank|
|Prachi Shah||2016-18||HDFC Bank|
|Purvi Bansal||2012-14||FOXMULA – X|
|Abha Choudhury||2008-10||Janavi India|
|Preeti Sharma||2007-09||National Bank of Canada|
|Anisha Jain||2017-19||ICICI Pru Life Insurance|
|Anannya Saxena||2017-19||Markets and Markets|
|Priya Garg||2014-16||Royal Bank of Scotland|
|Snigdha Singh||2009-11||Rekrut India|
|Sunakshi Singh||2010-12||Publicis Sapient|
|Lavisha Goyal||2017-19||S&P Global Intelligence|
|Vasundhara S||2006-08||Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|Shubhi Tyagi||2017-19||Icici Bank|
|Manali Singh||2017-19||Reliance Jio Infocomm|
|Shanky Joshi||2010-12||Messe Duseldorf India|
|Meenu Choudhary||2007-09||SNB Middle East, Dubai|
|Meenal Kumar||2008-10||SMC Global Securities|
Mody University School of Business has international linkages with the following prominent Universities and institutes:
- Graham School of Management, Saint Xavier University, Chicago, USA
- Belarusian Trade & Economics Univ of Consumer Cooperatives (BTEU), Belarus
- University of Colorado Denver, USA
- University of North Texas, Denton, USA
- Universite de Nantes, France
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, USA
- Belarusian National Technical University, Belarus
- FranciskSkorina Gomel State University, Belarus
Expanding Program Portfolio
As Dr. Sengupta says, “We have a thriving under-graduate program portfolio of BBA, B.Com (H) and BA (H) Economics – which is all set to increase with introduction of a number of domain-specific BBA pograms in the areas of Digital Marketing, Sports Marketing, Healthcare Marketing, etc. At MBA level, we are also introducing a new program in MBA (Business Analytics). We also offer PhD program.
Dr Sengupta is excited about the challenges and opportunities. “In my thirty years of professional journey, I have always been at the cutting edge of a rising wave – credit rating in 1993, retail in 2001, infrastructure in 2011 and now women leadership in 2020. I am humbled to have the support of 100 senior industry professionals from well-known organizations and academicians from leading B School of India and abroad. And more support is pouring in every day. Based at Lakshmangarh, Rajasthan – we are an IIM Lakshmangarh in the making – the No. 1 B School in India Exclusively for Women!”
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on Mody University School of Business