K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (SIMSR), Mumbai admission process for PGDM Executive 2019 has been opened. K J Somaiya PGDM Executive is one year MBA programme and is duly approved by AICTE. The programme is of International standard on the lines as ISB’s PGP, IIMA’s PGPX or IIMB’s EPGP.
KJ Somaiya PGDM Executive is counted among top one year MBA programmes in India and is offered to working professionals with 5 years of working experience in conformity with global standard. The program commences in September 2019 and the admission process is open now. Last date to apply for SIMSR PGDM Executive 2019-20 is July 31, 2019. Application for admission to SIMSR Mumbai PGDM Executive can be submitted online.
|Often Executive MBA is confused with One year MBA. In fact, both are different and their eligibility criteria are also different. Executive MBA in India|
K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai PGDM Executive programme is of 15 months duration. Apart from the One Year MBA K J Somaiya offers 2 years full PGDM; PGDM-Financial Services; PGDM-International Business; PGDM Communicaion; PGDM-Retail Management; PGDM-Health Care Management; Master in Management Services. Admission to PGDM Executive at SIMSR is based on MBA entrance test cut offs like CAT/XAT/CMAT and GMAT.
SIMSR Mumbai PGDM Executive: Program Highlights
- PGDM Executive Program at SIMSR is designed, transacted and delivered following internationally renowned pattern
- 15 Months Full Time Residential Program
- 5 years of Work Experience Required to Join the course
- Moderate Qualifying Exam cut offs
- Low Programme Fee
- Designed with a flexibility to accommodate the timings of working professionals
- SIMSR PGDM Executive offers a platform to enhance skills and develop new skills to excel in the respective fields
K J Somaiya PGDM Executive Admission Criteria 2019 describe the admission eligibility, admission process, weightage to entrance exam scores like CAT 2018, XAT 2019, CMAT 2019 weightage to academics and work experience, final selection process with the weightage to different components in final selection criteria.
K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research is popularly referred to as SIMSR. The institute has autonomous status granted by UGC and notified by the University of Mumbai. SIMSR has been imparting and contributing tremendously in qualitative development of Management Education in India. The B-school enjoys a high alumni base occupying key corporate positions and high international linkages.
Last Date to Apply: July 31, 2019
Last date to apply for admission to K J Somaiya PGDM Executive program is July 31, 2019. The application process is online.
K J Somaiya: PGDM Executive Program Fee
The fee for PGDM Executive at SIMSR Mumbai is Rs.7,50,400/-. The hostel fee is not included in the PGDM Executive program fee. Apart from the program fee, Rs.2500/- will also be charged towards Alumni Fee.
K J Somaiya PGDM Executive: Intake – 60 Students
PGDM Executive 2019 intake at K J Somaiya is 60 students.
PGDM Executive Specializations
K J Somaiya PGDM Executive Program offers specialization in Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, Operations, International Business, Business Development, Communications among others.
How to Apply for SIMSR PGDM Executive Admission 2019
K J Somaiya PGDM Executive admission application should be submitted online. SIMSR has introduced a single common online application form for all the PGDM programmes. The application fee is Rs.2850/-. Candidates seeking admission to K J Somaiya PGDM Executive program 2019 should have appeared in CAT 2018/XAT 2019/CMAT 2019 or GMAT.
Step by Step Application Process
K J Somaiya application process can be completed in five simple steps.
Step 1: Register
Before beginning to register, read the instructions to fill up the form. At the K J Somaiya admission application window ‘Registration’, you should login as new user by inserting your Name, Email ID and other required details. Register your username and password with your correct email id and mobile no. Use genuine email id since this email id will be used for further communication. After registration you can login and fill the form.
Maximum length of the username can be 15 characters, in that space, numbers and special characters are not allowed. You can use only alphabets. Maximum length of the password can be 15 characters.
Step 2: Login
Login as existing user and fill in all your personal details, address, valid ID proof, preferred PI centres and your sports interest along with other particulars. Complete the details and move to next page
Step 3: Complete Online Application Form
Fill all the information in every section (Personal, Photograph, Academic, Achievements, Work Experience and Programme Details). It is mandatory to fill all the sections before going to the payment section.
- Date of Birth: Please select Date of Birth from the Drop Down menu. If the appropriate year is not visible in the dropdown menu then click the top most year to get further 10 years.
- GD / PI Center – You can choose any center provided in the dropdown list.
- The GD / PI centers - The availability of GD / PI center(s) is subject to number of applicants received. The Institute reserves the right to change any / all GD / PI centers.
- Upload your photograph of maximum 40 KB size.
Step 4: Make Payment of Application Fee
Next page on K J Somaiya PGDM Executive application form requires you to make payment of application fee of Rs.2850/- online or by Demand Draft.
After the online transaction is done, if the payment is deducted and approved by the bank, but the application form number is not generated on pressing the “SUBMIT” button, do not pay again. Please contact K J Somaiya by email – [email protected] with Subject line – 'Online Payment Successful but form no. not generated'.
Alternately you can pay by means of a Demand Draft of appropriate amount to be made in favor of 'K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research', payable at Mumbai.
Step 5: Submission of Documents
If you are making payment online there is no need to send any document. However, if you have made the payment of application fee by demand draft, you are required to send the Printout of the Somaiya Online Application Form and original Demand Draft
PGDM Executive SIMSR Mumbai: Admission Eligibility
- K J Somaiya eligibility criteria require that the candidate must hold a bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- One of the most important points in K J Somaiya Admission Eligibility criteria for PGDM Executive admission 2019 is that apart from a recognized graduate degree, the candidate should have appeared in one of the MBA entrance exams namely CAT 2018/XAT 2019/CMAT 2019 or GMAT
- If the candidate is awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence to determine PGDM admission eligibility would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where the bachelor's degree is obtained. In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by K J Somaiya by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100 to confirm the Admission eligibility of the candidate.
- A minimum work experience of 5 years (60 Months) is required for admission to K J Somaiya one year MBA
- Last Date to apply is July 31, 2019
SIMSR Mumbai PGDM Executive Admission Criteria
K J Somaiya Admission Criteria 2019 is a two step process involving the Shortlisting criteria based on entrance exam score and the Final admission selection Criteria with weightage to various components apart from entrance exam score.
- KJ Somaiya One Year MBA Shortlisting Criteria
The first part of K J Somaiya Admission criteria is the shortlisting criteria before final selection round. K J Somaiya will shortlist the candidates for PI round:
- K J Somaiya will shortlist candidates on the basis of entrance exam scores accepted for admission namely CAT 2018, XAT 2019, CMAT 2019 and GMAT
- K J Somaiya will consider aggregate scores and not sectional scores of the applicants in the acceptable entrance exams for shortlisting.
- Applicants may submit more than one entrance test score. K J Somaiya will consider the best test score for shortlisting.
- All the shortlisted candidates need to fill Profile form and SOP before appearing in PI round
- K J Somaiya One Year MBA Final Selection Criteria
- Final admission round at K J Somaiya will consist of an in-depth personal interview
- PI process will be conducted in different cities across the country. The cities are Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gauhati, New Delhi, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna and Thiruvananthapuram.
- K J Somaiya PGDM Executive selection criteria after final admission round award 50% weight to Entrance exam score; 5% weight to SoP; 5% weight to Academics; 30% weight to Personal Interview; and 10% Weight to Achievements like sports & other extracurricular activities.
- A consolidated final selection merit list with position of the candidates will be declared based on the above parameters
With a legacy of 59 years as part of Somaiya Vidyavihar that was established in 1959, K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR) Mumbai came into existence in 1981. The institute subscribes to the latest case studies from Harvard Business School and has various databases like Ebsco, Euromonitor, ACE-Equity, Proquest, Prowess, Capline, IEEE, J-Gate, WARC ( World Advertising Research Council ) etc in order to bring the latest in the field of management into the classroom
Somaiya Vidyavihar campus comprises more than 34 individual institutes dedicated to Arts, Sciences, Management, Humanities, Philosophies and Social Sciences as important areas of scholarship, and is spread across a 60 acre complex in Vidyavaihar, in north central area of Mumbai and a 90 acre complex in Sion in the heart of Mumbai.
K J Somaiya prefers candidates with demonstrated potential to analyse and solve problems and those who demonstrate willingness to learn and work in gender and culture diverse teams amid tough working conditions. Besides, Candidates are expected to have a sound grasp of current issues and gender issues in addition to general business matters.
The Institute has international accreditation by South Asian Quality Assurance System (SAQS) accreditation by Association of Management Development Institutions of South Asia (AMDISA). K J Somaiya is currently working for its accreditation to the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and is a member of AACSB. The institute is certified as ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 29990:2010 by Bureau Veritas Quality International. K J Somaiya believes in providing quality education to its students, steeped in Indian ethos and value system.
To secure admission in K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai candidates need to have good qualifying test scores and academic credentials as well as Good reading habits and an inquisitive mind.
K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (SIMSR) was inaugurated by Dr. Manmohan Singh, the former Prime Minister of India, and is consistently ranked among the top 20 Management Institutes and top 10 private sector B-Schools in India.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on K j Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (SIMSR) Mumbai