Application for admission 2021 at SDMIMD Mysore is open now. PGDM programme at SDMIMD Mysore is only PGDM in India with dual accreditation of EFMD-EPAS and ACBSP. The 2 years Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is the flagship programme at SDMIMD that grooms industry ready business leaders. SDMIMD students get dual specialization in PGDM – an opportunity which is not available in most of the B-schools. According to Dr N.R. Parasuraman, Director SDMIMD, “Supplementary offerings with NSE, AIMA, KPMG are the great opportunity for the SDMIMD students.”
Shri DharmasthalaMnjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD), Mysore is a leading management institute in South India. SDMIMD will accept CAT 2020, XAT 2021, CMAT 2021 as well as 2020, MAT 2020/21, ATMA & GMAT scores for admission to PGDM 2021. The Institute has been rated A** (A Double Star) by Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited (CRISIL) and Brickwork Ratings at the National level.
SDMIMD Mysore: USPs
- National and international programme accreditations and ratings creating new avenues for the students- international accreditation by EFMD and ACBSP; Awarded Diamond rating by QS I Gauge
- Moderate Fee at Rs.11.20 lakhs for two years, including tuition fee and hostel stay
- Consistent 100% placement record with the best corporates among the regular recruiters. Average salary in Placement 2020 stood at Rs.7.7 LPA
- Merit Scholarship Scheme worth of INR 70 lakhs
- Faculty with rich experience in academia and industry. Several of them have international teaching experience.
- International tie up arrangements with 15 global universities and opportunity for around 30 students to spend a term abroad under student exchange, without tuition fee there
- Emphasis on Business Ethics, Values and Wellness Management
- Single occupancy hostel rooms
- Air conditioned class rooms
- Students from 20+ states across India
- More than 60 Corporate/Academic/Social relevant Guest Lectures by eminent speakers from India and abroad.
- An active SDMIMD Alumni Association – ‘PRERANA’.
- Case Study based pedagogy using Harvard Business School’s publications & other reputed sources
- Customized management education programs for corporate executives
Programmes Offered at SDMIMD
SDMIMD offers 2 years full time PGDM equivalent to MBA and 1 year full time PGCM programmes. Both the management programmes are AICTE approved. Both the programmes of Global Standard and are in confirmity with the accreditation standard of EFMD-EPAS and ACBSP. As such SDIMD is not proposing to launch any new programme. Sharing with MBAUniverse.com, Dr Parasuraman said, “No, SDMIMD does not propose to launch any new program this year. We will just continue with our present two-year PGDM and one-year PGCM offerings (both approved by AICTE).”
SDMIMD Fees 2021-23 Batch
SDMIMD PGDM 2021-23 programme fee is Rs.11,20,000/-. The Fee includes Tuition & Hostel stay charges for the entire PGDM Program. Mess Charges are separate and are approximately Rs. 2,800/- per month on a sharing basis which need to be paid in addition to the other fee. The fee can be paid in six instalments. According to Dr Parasuraman, “Fees can be paid in six instalments, distributed through six Terms.”
SDMIMD Intake: PGDM - 180
The present intake for PGDM programme at SDMIMD, Mysore is 180 seats.
SDMIMD Mysore Placements 2020
SDMIMD has a consistent record of excellent placement. The maximum and average compensation packages at SDMIMD have been rising year after year. Companies visited the SDMIMD campus this year from a variety of sectors.
Highest Salary in Placement 2020 for PGDM 2018-20 batch has increased to Rs.9.5 LPA from Rs.9 LPA last year. The average salary has gone up to Rs.7.70 LPA from Rs.7.14 LPA last year.
Top Recruiters in Placement 2020 included Deloitte, EY, Feedback Business Consulting, Infosys, Morgan Stanley among others. Read Full Placement 2020
SDMIMD: Ranked Among Top B-Schools in India
One of the prominent B-schools in India, SDMIMD Mysore is consistently ranked high. SDMIMD Director, Dr. N.R. Parasuraman says, ‘SDMIMD has always performed to be among the Top 50 B-Schools in the Country in all the B-School Surveys. The rating among the South India B-Schools and Private B-Schools for SDMIMD are quite satisfactory and we are placed within 30th Place.”
SDMIMD: International & National Accreditations
SDMIMD has earned reputed national as well as International Accreditations. SDMIMD's flagship 2 year, full time, residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) program is approved by AICTE and is accredited by NBA at National level. According to Dr Parasuraman, “National Board of Accreditation (NBA) has accredited SDMIMD PGDM Programme. Association of Indian Universities (AIU) has recognized the 2-Year Full-Time PGDM Program and given MBA Equivalence.”
SDMIMD enjoys dual international accreditation. SDMIMD PGDM has earned ACBSP (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs), USA and EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development) - EFMD's Program Accreditation System (EPAS); the EFMD-EPAS for 2-Year PGDM Program. SDMIMD is also Business Educational Alliance Member for the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
SDMIMD International Tie Ups & Research Opportunity
Sharing the key international tie ups to enhance the SDMIMD Faculty and Students’ skills through global exposure, Dr Parasuraman said, “SDMIMD has 15 international tie-up arrangements with leading accredited universities from different countries and facility for student exchange for more than 30 students. SDMIMD organizes three international conferences in campus and offers facilities for students to be part of research projects with faculty.”
SDMIMD PGDM program runs for six terms over two years with an acclaimed quality and academic rigour. The innovative curriculum and pedagogy are planned in an elaborate manner every year and takes into account the best practices in other leading management institutions across the globe and also incorporates the views of leading academicians and business leaders.
SDMIMD Application Fee
The admission process 2021 for 2 years full time PGDM at SDMIMD is available at a moderate application fee of Rs.1250/-.The Application fees can be paid online either directly to the bank account or through Paytm to SDMIMD or by Demand Draft
Last Date to Apply: February 28, 2021
The last date to apply for admission at SDMIMD is to close on February 28, 2021.
PGDM Specializations at SDMIMD
SDMIMD offers dual specialization. Specialization are offered in Finance, Marketing, Systems, Data Analytics, Human Resources Management and Operations. First year or the first 3 terms are common to all and in the second year, or from terms 4-6, the specialization comes into effect. Summer Internship of 2 months will be scheduled between the first and the second year.
Scholarships Offered by SDMIMD
- Entry Merit Scholarship: Rs. 60,000 for finally selected applicants with minimum 70% each in – 10th Standard; 12th Standard / PUC 2; and Degree.
- Empowering Woman: Rs. 50,000 scholarship for finally selected woman applicants with minimum 60% aggregate each in – 10th Standard; 12th Standard / PUC 2; and Degree.
- Student Exchange Subsidy: Students selected for student exchange programs abroad during the SDMIMD PGDM program are entitled to a subsidy ranging from Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 1,00,000 by SDMIMD based on the location of the host institute/university.
- Student Merit Scholarship: Students are awarded Merit-cum-means Scholarship for Outstanding Academic Performance in each Term during the PGDM Program.
How to Apply for SDMIMD Admission 2021
- Apply online at the SDMIMD PGDM Admission link on website
- Fill up the basic registration details, complete the application form and submit
- Pay Rs.1250/- towards SDMIMD application fee online or by DD
- If making payment by DD, prepare the D.D. in favour of The Director, SDM Institute for Management Development, Payable at Mysore
- Send the Application Form along with the photocopy of CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT/ MAT/ATMA admit card
- Register and appear in one of the entrance exams – CAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT/MAT/ATMA. The score of any of the above exams conducted in June 2020 up to March 2021 is Valid for admission into PGDM 2021-23
- Email your entrance exam scores to SDMIMD along with SDMIMD Application Number and Name immediately after the results are announced
- Even if you have not applied for the entrance exam, still you can apply through SDMIMD Online Application form and send the registration details later by email
SDMIMD Mysore Admission Eligibility
- Candidate must hold a bachelor's degree with Full-time graduation courses in any discipline recognized by the UGC/AIU
- Consistent academic record of not less than 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in 10thStd, 12thStd and degree is required
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination in the year 2021, can also apply.
- Such candidates will have to submit the mark sheet and the certificate of passing bachelor’s degree by the prescribed date as decided by SDMIMD Mysore. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
- Students in final year of Degree should share in the form their percentage up to the Second Year/Last completed semester
- All candidates are required to take at least one of the entrance exams – CAT/ XAT/GMAT/ CMAT/MAT/ATMA or who already have valid CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT/MAT/ATMA scores.
- Scores of any one of the above exams conducted in June 2020 up to March 2021 will be valid for the admission.
- Besides registering for entrance exam, candidates are also required to apply for admission to SDMIMD through a separate Application Form which is available online on the SDMIMD Website
- Candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.
- Students who are yet to register for any entrance exam may also apply. After applying for SDMIMD PGDM 2021, they may send details of their entrance exam registration by Email to SDMIMD mentioning their Name & SDMIMD Application Number
SDMIMD has not announced any major change in its admission process 2021 nor the SDMIMD Admission criteria prescribe any high cut offs. However, this year SDMIMD will award greater weightage to academics and achievements in its admission process 2021. According to Dr N. R. Parasuraman, Director SDMIMD, “There are no major changes proposed in the admission process. However, based on the interactions we had with the team which awarded the EFMD reaccreditation to us, we are considering greater weightage for consistent academic scores, and special achievements in any field of curricular or co-curricular activity.”
So, the candidates with other excellent academics and quality achievements stand a good chance for admission. SDMIMD admission criteria, process with dates, cut offs and application fee are given below:
SDMIMD Mysore Admission Criteria
SDMIMD Admission Criteria 2021 is a two step process involving the shortlisting criteria and the Final selection Criteria comprising entrance exam score, Academics among others.
1. SDMIMD Shortlisting Criteria
The first part of SDMIMD Mysore Admission criteria is its shortlisting criteria for final selection round. A candidate will be shortlisted by SDMIMD if he/she meets the following shortlisting criteria:
Short listed applicants will be called for an Interview Process in March 2021 to be held at several centres across India as mentioned in the Application Form (Skype interviews also held on specific request)
- SDMIMD Mysore will shortlist the Candidates on the basis of information provided in the application form, entrance exam scores, educational background, work experience (Minimum 6 months) and other parameters
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the final stage of the selection process in March 2021. The PI process will consist of WAT, Extempore and Personal Interview.
- The final selection round for admission to SDMIMD will be held at several centres in India.
2. Final Admission Selection Criteria
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in Final selection round for admission to SDMIMD Mysore
- Final Selection Round 2021 at SDMIMD Mysore will have 2 components - Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI)
- The PI-WAT at SDMIMD will be held during March 2021
- Final selection round will be held at several centres across India as mentioned in the application form
- Skype interviews will also be held on specific request
- Final Admission offer at SDMIMD Mysore will be based on entrance exam score, academic performance, Work Experience, performance in PI-WAT among others
- Selected students will be intimated by email/ phone/mobile.
SDMIMD Admission Cut Off
SDMIMD will decide cut offs based on the pool of applicants. However, based on last year cut offs, the likely cut offs for PGDM 2021-23 batch are:
Expected Cut off percentile
CMAT 2021 & 2020
MAT 2020; 2021
SDMIMD Admission Process
Following steps are included in the SDMIMD Admission process:
- Step 1: The candidate must apply and appear in at least one of the entrance exam scores given above. It may be noted that the score of any of the above exams conducted in June 2020 up to March 2021 is Valid for admission to PGDM 2021
- Step 2: Candidates should register and apply for admission to SDMIMD Mysore latest by February 28, 2021
- Step 3: Candidates are short-listed for PI-WAT Round from among the candidates who have a valid entrance exam score, who have applied for admission to SDMIMD Mysore and who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the programme
- Step 4: Final selection round will be held in various cities in India in the month of March 2021.
- Step 5:After the PI-WAT round, final admission offers will be made to successful candidates in April/May 2021. Admission offer will be based on a composite score arrived on the basis of entrance exam score, Past academic performance, Work Experience, performance in PI-WAT among others. Final admission result of the selected candidates will be conveyed email/ phone/mobile.
SDMIMD was established in 1994 and till date 24 batches of PGDM graduates have passed out from its portals, currently holding important positions in the Indian and foreign corporate and service organizations. Institute has a creditable placement record.
Apart from the flagship 2 years PGDM programme, SDMIMD also offers 1 year Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Management. The PGCM at SDMIMD is at par with the PGDM programme.
SDMIMD has earned two international accreditations by EFMD (EPAS) and by ACBSP. Recognizing the quality of management education and Internationalization at SDMIMD, global accreditation body EFMD has awarded the prestigious EPAS International Accreditation to the 2 year PGDM Program offered by SDIMD Mysore. It is the first Indian B-school to receive EPAS accreditation. SDMIMD's flagship PGDM program is approved by AICTE and is accredited by NBA also. SDMIMD is ranked among the top B-Schools in India. It has tie-ups with 12 Universities and B-schools abroad, for student exchange. SDMIMD Mysore Admissions 2021 - Apply Now
Stay tuned to MBAuniverse.com for more updates on SDMIMD Mysore