Shri DharmasthalaManjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD) Mysore is open with the admission process for its one year full time management programme – PGCM 2021-22. The last date to apply is July 31, 2021. Apply Now
SDMIMD offers five leading management programmes with a wide range of specializations along with the doctoral programme in management. The one year PGCM is one of the most sought after management programmes at SDMIMD.
SDMIMD, Mysore is one of the leading B-schools in Karnataka and is ranked among top 50 B-schools in India. The PGCM at SDMIMD Mysore is a 15 months, Full-Time residential Program and is at par with the Flagship 2-year residential PGDM Programme. The Post Graduate Certificate in Management (PGCM) offered by SDMIMD is a rigorous, demanding and relevant program for aspirants looking for career growth. The program has been recognized by AICTE and involves 12 months of class-contact, followed by 3-months of off-site dissertation.
SDMIMD 1 Year PGCM: Among Top 10 One Year MBA
SDMIMD has joined the league of few MBA colleges who offer 1 year MBA in India. The one year short term MBA is the most sought after MBA programme in top MBA colleges of USA, Canada, Singapore, United Kingdom and other top B-schools across the world since the programme offers all the ingredients and USPs of 2 year MBA at a fast track.
SDMIMD 1 year PGCM program is ranked among one of the top 10 one year MBA programmes by Outlook B-School Survey 2018 along with IIMs, XLRI, SPJIMR, GLIM, IITs, IMI among others.
SDMIMD plans to further strengthen its one year PGCM programme. According to Dr. N R Parasuraman, Director SDMIMD Mysore, ‘We wish to strengthen our 1-year PGCM, and perhaps go in for a richer Sports program than the certificate program we presently have.”
SDMIMD International Recognition
SDMIMD 2-Year flagship Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) program has been recognized internationally by the European Federation of Management Development (EFMD) and the ACBSP, USA. The one year PGCM program at SDMIMD is created with the same standards by the faculty.
SDMIMD with its accreditation stamp by international agencies, Business School Impact System (BSIS, by EFMD) label and India QS I-Gauge Diamond Rating, by the India arm of the QS-World Ratings body for higher education institutions, has planned and designed the PGCM curriculum in consonance with global standards and cutting-edge industry relevance.
SDMIMD 1 Year MBA (PGCM) Programmes Offered & Specializations
SDMIMD offers one year PGCM in General Management as well other specialized areas as under:
- PGCM General Management
- PGCM Entrepreneurship & Family Business
- PGCM Investment Banking Specialization
- PGCM Business Analytics
The courses are designed to impart conceptual knowledge, analytical skills, and the ability to appreciate real life situations in the chosen discipline. The collaborative offering with the major players who are known achievers in that area, in the specialization makes the electives more focused and rigorous.
SDMIMD Industry Interface
SDMIMD with its world class infrastructure, international academic standards and recognition from the National & International accreditation bodies, has collaborative arrangements with a number of corporate bodies. The engagement with corporates for live-projects, summer internship projects, dissertation work, invited talks, panel discussions, and placement activities ensure that students get good corporate exposure as part of the course. There are opportunities for more than 50 live interactions with corporates every year.
Social Project Engagement
The specialization specific courses on Entrepreneurship & Family Business in partnership with M/S Silicon Rd. LLC; Investment Banking in Partnership with the National Stock Exchange (NSE) of India; and Business Analytics with All India Management Association (AIMA) & Business Analytics Institute, Uruguay; provide opportunity to have focused approach.
Opportunity to Study Abroad
A full term or partial term, in association with Mays Business School at Texas A&M University, Texas, USA, Global Management Education Institute of Shanghai University in China, Bordeaux University, France, University of Pau, France, University of Montevideo, Uruguay, EAE Business School, Spain (Barcelona & Madrid), Universidad Sergio Arboleda, Colombia, Universidad EAN, Suramerica, Colombia, , Abu Dhabi University, UAE, Zheijang University, Business Analytics Institute, Europe, British University in Dubai, Heilbronn University, Germany, College of Management, National Sun Yat-Sen University, Taiwan, La Rochella Business School, France, Montpellier Business School, France and University of Dundee, Scotland, UK. These programs enable the students to understand the business practices and the culture of other Nations. This gives the students' an edge when it comes to international opportunities.
SDMites spread across 25 countries create a network of more than 3000 leaders across industries and geographies.
SDMIMD 1 Year PGCM: Programme Highlights
- SDMIMD belongs to the Dharmasthala group, known for its philanthropy and social impetus
- Takes inspiration from the dynamic Chairmanship of Dr D Veerendra Heggade, who has been awarded Padma Vibhushan by the Government of India for his contributions to society
- 1 Year PGCM is offered to freshers as well as to working executives
- Fast track management programme designed to be at par with 2 years programme
- Moderate Fee PGCM programme with a fee of Rs.5.90 lakhs
- 1 Year PGCM and 2 Year PGDM placements are done together. Placement 2021 at SDMIMD has recorded Highest Salary of Rs. 10 lakhs and Average Salary of Rs. 7.7 lakhs
- PGCM focuses on creating inspirational business leaders and entrepreneurs to enable them to pursue individual & organization excellence with intellectual maturity and social responsibility
- PGCM is offered with industry relevant innovative and contemporary pedagogy
- Selected meritorious students in the batch will have an opportunity to study abroad for a term under Student Exchange Program. SDMIMD has international tie-up arrangements with 15 reputed schools abroad
- PGCM includes a Corporate immersion program
- SDMIMD offers Placement support service to PGCM students
- Eligible meritorious PGCM Students will be awarded scholarships under SDMIMD Merit Scholarship scheme
- The one year PGCM is Fully residential program with Single occupancy hostel rooms
- SDMIMD is housed in a scenic state-of-the-art campus in Mysore
- SDMIMD houses a well-equipped Library with Harvard Publishing site-license
- A vibrant atmosphere with 3 international conferences held every year
- A large number of corporate talks and seminars by leaders and academics
- Highly qualified faculty
- High research output, with opportunities for students to join hands with Faculty for helping in the research process
Scholarships for 1 Year PGCM 2021-22 Batch
- Merit Scholarship: Rs. 50,000 for finally selected applicants with minimum 70% each in – 10th Standard; 12th Standard / PUC 2; and Degree
- Empowering Woman Scholarships: Rs. 50,000 scholarship for finally selected woman applicants with 60% aggregate each in – 10th Standard; 12th Standard / PUC 2; and Degree; with minimum one-year work experience
- Subsidy Offers: Subsidy for students selected for Student Exchange Program ranging from Rs.25000 to Rs.75000, depending upon the duration / country of visit.
SDMIMD PGCM & PGDM Placements done together
PGCM Placement process is completed along with the PGDM placement. The placement at SDMIMD Mysore has remained high and the placement process 2021 is completed. Highest Salary in Placement 2021 stood at Rs.10 lakhs and the average salary was Rs.7.7 lakhs.
The students have been placed in varied roles such as Management Trainee, Consultant, Business Analyst, Credit Analyst, Market Intelligence Analyst, Area Manager, Regional Area Sales Manager.
Top recruiters in Placement 2021 at SDMIMD included Deloitte, Ernst & Young GDS, Morgan Stanley Infosys, Oracle, TCS, Tech Mahindra, TTK Prestige, Marico HDFC Limited, Odessa Technologies among others.
One Year PGCM Fee for 2021-22
The total fee for the SDMIMD One- Year Program of Post Graduate Certificate in Management is Rs.5,90,000/-. In addition students need to pay refundable caution deposit of Rs. 7000.
Hostel fee for the single room facility is Rs. 30,000 for the duration of the course, including dissertation time. Allocation of hostel room will be implicit to availability and will be informed to the students within a week of their request.
Mess facility will be available to students during the period July 2021 to March 2022 and again from June 2022 to Oct 2022. Mess bill will be charged on a monthly basis and is likely to be around Rs. 3,000 per month.
SDMIMD PGCM 2021-22 Intake
The proposed size for PGCM 2021-22 batch is 60 students
PGCM 2021: Filling the Gaps in Assuming Higher Managerial Responsibilities
Admission to SDMIMD one year PGCM 2021-22 is open. The admission to the PGCM Program is available for freshers, working executives, entrepreneurs & members from family business, who have not had formal exposure to contemporary managerial tools and techniques by way of formal in-class interaction. Apart from filling this gap, SDMIMD PGCM also equips managers for assuming higher responsibilities and enables them to perform more efficiently and effectively in the context of the changed domestic and international business environment.
SDMIMD PGCM Application Fee: Rs.500/-
The application fee is Rs.500/- and should be paid online while applying for one year PGCM 2021-22 at SDMIMD, Mysore.
How to Apply for PGCM Admission?
SDMIMD PGCM Application should be submitted online. The application can be completed in following simple steps:
- Step 1: Login to one year PGCM home page at SDMIMD website
- Step 2: Click on ‘Apply Online’
- Step 3: Fill Up the Application Form by uploading the photo of 100 kb of required dimension
- Step 4: Submit & Pay the Application Fee of Rs.500/- online
SDMIMD 1 Year PGCM Eligibility
- Candidate must hold a bachelor's degree with Full-time graduation courses in any discipline recognized by the UGC/AIU
- Consistent academic record of not less than 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in degree is required
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination in the year 2021, can also apply.
- Students in final year of Degree should share in the form their percentage up to the Second Year/Last completed semester
- Preference will be given to candidates with work experience, from family business and those with a proven inclination for entrepreneurship.
- All candidates are required to take at least one of the Competitive Entrance Exams with valid CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, KMAT, NMAT or Apply for SDMIMD Admission Test (SAT) scores
- Candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.
- The SDMIMD Admission Test (SAT) online entrance test has Quantitative, Reasoning, Logical and Passage. The test has 35 questions which are to be answered in 45 minutes.
One Year PGCM Admission Criteria & Selection Process
The PGCM admission process includes scrutinizing the filled application and the Personal Interview (PI) conducted at SDMIMD Mysuru
- Personal Interview (PI), will be conducted in-person OR Online interview will be permitted upon request.
- Candidates will receive the results of the personal interview on the very next day of the interview.
- Admission call letter for the selected students will be sent by email.
- The PGCM will commence in August 2021
SDMIMD is one of the reputed B-schools in Karnataka and ranked among top 50 B-schools. SDMIMD was established in 1994 and till date 24 batches of PGDM graduates have passed out from its portals, currently holding important positions in the Indian and foreign corporate and service organizations.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on SDMIMD Mysore