SDMIMD Mysore has concluded Placement 2020 for its PGDM 2018-20 batch three months before the course completion. Till December 20, 2019, SDMIMD achieved 90% placement and in next few days the process was concluded with all the participating students getting placed. SDMIMD Mysore Admissions 2020 - Apply Now
Average salary in SDMIMD placement 2020 has gone up to Rs.7.7 LPA from 7.14 LPA last year. Top recruiters include Deloitte, EY, Feedback Business Consulting, Infosys, Morgan Stanley.
Last year also SDMIMD concluded its placement even before many B-schools could start their placement process. SDMIMD Mysore Admissions 2020 - Apply Now
SDMIMD Mysore had a great placement season for PGDM 2018-20 batch, in view of the rising participation from recruiters. Commenting on this placement season, Dr N R Parasuraman, Director SDMIMD, Mysore said, “Recruiters have been quite enthusiastic about hiring from SDMIMD. In spite of slow-down in the economy, we have observed that the appetite for companies to hire SDMites has not come down. The recruiters are quite happy not only with the domain expertise of the SDMite, but also with the attitude and value system he/ she brings in. This is in line with our vision of providing management education that is Indian in ethos and character.”
SDMIMD Placement 2020: Highlights
- Placement completed 3 months before the course completion
- Over 70% of the companies coming for campus visit are regular recruiters
- 12 companies recruiting continuously for 5 plus more years
- Average Salary has gone up at Rs.7.7 LPA this year from Rs.7.14 LPA last year
- Highest salary increased to Rs.9.5 LPA in 2020 from Rs.9LPA last year
- 16 PPOs offered, 3 Accepted
- 90% Batch placed till Dec 20, 2019 and 75% Batch placed till December 6, 2019
- 36 Companies including 11 new recruiters visited the SDMIMD campus for placement 2020
- Top Recruiters in Placement 2020 include Deloitte, EY, Infosys, TCS, Morgan Stanley, Target Corporation, Feedback Consulting, HDFC, Ujjivan SF Bank, Federal Bank, TTK Prestige, Freudenberg among others
- Diversified Sector in terms of recruiters
- At least 3 start-ups hiring every year
Key Placement trends: Placement 2020 Vs Last Year
Below is shared the Average and highest salary in placements for two years
SDMIMD Placement Year
Average Salary (Rs. In Lakhs)
Highest Salary (Rs. In Lakhs)
Final Placement 2020
Final placement 2019
The average salary for top 50 students stood at Rs.8.65 LPA and the average salary for top 100 students stood at Rs.8.04 LPA.
Placement 2020: Unique Process with ‘Ace framework’
SDMIMD has adopted a unique process in placement 2020. At SDMIMD, according to Dr Parasuraman, “ACE framework that encompasses ‘Academic Core’, ‘Corporate enablement’ and ‘Empowered Self’ was implemented which ensured students’ preparedness for ensuing placement season.”
Top Recruiters in SDMIMD Placement 2020
Some of the top recruiters at the campus include companies who are leaders in their respective industry.
In Consulting sector Deloitte, EY, Feedback Business Consulting are the prominent recruiters. In IT Services, Infosys and TCS have recruited at SDMIMD in large numbers. Morgan Stanley, Target Corporation are the prominent recruiters from Global Captive Centres. In BFSI sector, HDFC, Ujjivan SF Bank and Federal Bank are the top recruiters. TTK Prestige and Freudenberg and the prominent recruiters in Consumer Business
A very confident to achieve 100% placement, Dr Parasuraman said in December 2019, “As in every year, the placements for PGDM 2018-20 is also heading towards 100% mark. This year, we expect to close the placements by January 2020, well before the close of the academic session.”
Sectoral Placement 2020
SDMIMD Students: Well Prepared for Placement Season
Elaborating the students’ preparedness for Placement 2020, Dr Parasuraman shares, “All the students were put through the placement preparation activities that included aptitude test preparation, one-to-one visioning, workshop on facing interviews, pre-placement interviews etc.”
Last Year Placements at SDMIMD
Placements 2019 at SDMIMD was yet another year of 100% placements for the participating students with more recruiters hiring the talent. SDMIMD had announced completion of 100% placement for PGDM 2017-19 batch. The average salary for SDMIMD Placements 2019 had gone up at Rs 7.14 lakhs per annum. As many as 15 new companies participated at SDMIMD placement season. Marque companies like Infosys, State Street, Morgan Stanley, EY, HDFC, Feedback Consulting, Marico, L’Oreal, OYO have hired SDMites last year.
SDMIMD was able to join this prestigious list in February 2019 itself when the top B-schools were still struggling for the completion of the placements.
Top Recruiters last Year
Banking and Financial Services sector hired the highest number of students followed by the Information Technology companies. Top companies from different sectors that have hired SDMIMD students include:
- Infosys, TCS, Oracle, Mindtree, Morgan Stanley, State Street from IT/ ITES
- HDFC, Federal Bank, ICICI Bank, Mahindra Finance, Anand Rathi, ICICI Securities from BFSI
- Ujjivan SF Bank, Suryoday SF Bank, ESAF SF Bank, Bharat Financial Inclusion, Samasta Microfinance, Spandana Sphoorty, Svatantra from small finance bank/ micro-finance
- L’Oreal, Berger, Marico and Café Coffee Day from Consumer/ FMCG
- Schneider Electric, Schindler, Core-el Technologies from manufacturing
- EY, Feedback Consulting, Odessa Technologies from Consulting
- OYO Rooms, Pyrox from start-up space
SDMIMD Initiatives: Making 100% Placement possible Year after Year
When asked about continued improvement in Placements at SDMIMD, Dr Parasuraman said, “The consistent placement achievement was made possible due to the exhaustive and intensive activities that the students are put through during their two year PGDM course at SDMIMD.” He pointed out following initiatives:
- High level of academic rigour
- Opportunity to learn beyond the boundaries of the institute through summer internships programs, live projects, applied research, international student exchange programs etc.
- Imbibing of leadership skills through participation in management fests conducted by premier institutions of the country, organising and participating in seminars/ conferences and participation in activities of over twenty clubs/ associations at the institute
- Sensitisation to the society through socially relevant project and centre for development studies.
- Placement preparation program that guides and mentors the students to seek and get careers of their choice
Industry Relevant Curriculum & Specializations
As part of PGDM, apart from the contemporary core courses, the students were able to choose their specializations from among Marketing, Finance, Operations, Systems, Business Analytics and Human Resources Management. A large number of courses get offered under each stream encompassing all contemporary topics and in keeping with changing practices in leading B-schools the world over. The tie –up that SDMIMD has with the Business Analytics Institute of Europe is helping in developing the Analytics stream well.
Early completion and impressive list of companies which have visited SDMIMD for placements augur well for future placements.
Set up in 1993 in Mysore, Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development, popularly known as SDMIMD, is a premier B school whose PGDM program is the first and the only one so far to have been accorded the EPAS accreditation by European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
SDMIMD's flagship two year, full time, residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) program is approved by AICTE and accredited by NBA. SDMIMD's PGDM Program is also accredited by ACBSP (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs), USA thus becoming the first institute in India to get the dual accreditation of ACBSP and EFMD – EPAS. The Institute has tie-ups with 15 foreign universities for academic collaboration. Admissions 2020 are currently open: SDMIMD Mysore Admissions 2020 - Apply Now
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on SDMIMD, Mysore