- TAPMI BBA Honors Program gets prestigious International AACSB Accreditation
- TAPMI BBA (Hons) Admission 2022 is Open
Joining IIM Indore, IIM Rohtak, IIM Ranchi and a few other IIMs, leading B-school TAPMI has launched 4 years BBA Honours program from 2022 with an exit option after 3 years. TAPMI BBA Honours program will be offered by TAPMI Bengaluru in the sprawling campus of Manipal Academy of Higher Education at Yelahanka, Bangalore.
TAPMI BBA gets AACSB Accreditation
AACSB is prestigious international Accreditation body that awards accreditation to B-schools across the world. Only 5% B schools in the world have been able to get AACSB Accreditation. Now TAPMI has received AACSB Accreditation for its BBA Hons program. According to TAPMI, “TAPMI’s BBA Honors became the first such program to receive the globally coveted Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation.”
Recognized amongst India’s top B-schools, TAPMI is accredited by two leading global accreditation bodies – AACSB and AMBA for its MBA program. Less than 10 B-schools in India have this dual accreditation.
TAPMI: Amongst Top Ranked B-Schools
TAPMI is also ranked among the top 1% of B-Schools in India. It is ranked #32 in Govt of India, MHRD NIRF Ranking 2021 among top 100 management institutes and #18 among top B-schools in India in MBAUniverse.com B-School Ranking 2021. In QS World University Rankings - Masters in Management Rankings 2022 and in Masters in Finance Rankings 2022, TAPMI is ranked in 151+ band among top B-schools and universities in the world. TAPMI also has a legacy of unbroken 100% MBA/PGDM Placement record for the last 35 years!
Talking about the newly launched TAPMI Bangalore BBA Honours Program, Prof Madhu Veeraraghavan, Executive Director (Management Studies), TAPMI says, “TAPMI BBA with an Honors option is not a plain vanilla 3-year undergraduate management program with an Honors year thrown in. It has been designed for it to be relevant when you graduate, for you to be ready when you enter the real world and for it to be able to give you the returns that you expected from it.”
What is TAPMI BBA Honors? TAPMI BBA Honours Program Structure
TAPMI BBA Honors Four Year Program is designed to offer World-class curriculum and delivery as follows:
Year 1: Multidisciplinary foundational courses
Year 2: Core business and technology courses
Year 3: Specialization courses (Students can exit the program after third year with a BBA degree)
Year 4: Honors track with following options in the fourth year:
(a) Study Advanced Specialization at TAPMI for accelerated career growth;
(b) Or, purse Entrepreneurship with support from TAPMI;
(c) Or, pursue the Research Track leading to IVY League PhD with support from TAPMI;
(d) Or, join an M.Sc. Program offered by the University of Southampton after BBA
Other TAPMI BBA Bangalore Program highlights are:
- Internships at the end of first, second, and third years;
- Live projects in every semester
- International Immersion for every student
- Student-driven, co-curricular activities such as TAPMI book club (TBC) and Technology club
Electives offered during TAPMI BBA Bangalore Program include:
All students graduate with a Major and a Minor specialization. Following areas of specialization are available:
- Marketing: Includes courses in Understanding Consumers; Sales & Distribution Management; Business Marketing; Marketing in the Digital Age; Building Power Brands; Platform Marketing; Rural Marketing: Tapping the Bottom of the Pyramid; IT Sales; Integrated Marketing Communication; Marketing in a Service Dominant Environment; Social Selling; Marketing Analytics: A Data Driven Approach; Mobile Marketing; Sustainable Marketing; Retail Marketing; Channel Management ALS; Pricing Optimization; Neuro Marketing; Event Marketing.
- Finance: Includes courses in Financial Statement Analysis; Bank Management; Security Analysis and Portfolio Management; Financial Markets and Institutions; Financial Derivatives; Financial Advising; Financial Modelling using Excel & VB; Insurance Management; Corporate Tax Planning; Fintech Products; Investment Banking; Business Valuation; Asset Pricing & Fund Management; Technical Analysis; Risk Management in Banks; Value Investing; Alternative Investments; Treasury Management; ESG Investing; Financial Analytics
- Information Systems and Technology: Includes course in IT Project Management; ERP and Business Process Management; SAP; IT Risk Management and Cyber Security; Platform Businesses; Business Analysis; Knowledge, Technology and Transformation; Creating and Managing Technology Startups; Emerging Technologies; AI and ML for Managers; Blockchain Technology and Applications; Cloud computing: Business Models; Technology Product and Service Management; Technology Consulting; Technologies and Strategies for the Digital World
- Operations and Decision Sciences: Includes course in Project management; Managing Quality; Strategic Sourcing; Service Operations; Reverse supply chain; Logistics management in Indian context; Forecasting Models; Operations Strategy; Modelling in operations and supply chains; Supply Chain Finance; Advanced Inventory and Lean Management; Pricing and Revenue optimization; Theory of Constraints; Advanced Optimization; Game theory; Warehousing management
- Analytics: Database management and SQL; Advanced Excel; Forecasting Models; Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning; Data Mining with Orange; AI applications in Management; Digitization and analytics for competitive strategy; Social Media Analytics; HR Analytics; Healthcare Analytics; Big Data
- Strategy and Interdisciplinary: Includes course in Consulting Mindset, Areas and Processes; War Gaming and Scenario Planning; Data, Gut and Strategy; Jugaad, Disruption, Reverse Innovation; Managing not-for-profit entities; Entrepreneurship 101; Consulting Tools – Classical and Contemporary; Systems Thinking; Diversity and Inclusion; Circular Economy; Pathways to Net Zero; Strategic Change Management; Entrepreneurial Walkabouts; Opportunity Identification, Effectuation and Bricolage; Proof of Concept and Core Team Formation; Boot Strapping to 1K Customers; Entrepreneurial Finance
- Human Resources: Includes course in Labour Laws; Negotiations; Industrial Relations; Performance Management; Compensation Management; Talent Acquisition; HR Information Systems; HR Analytics; Leadership Development; Change Management; Learning and Development
Explains Prof Madhu Veeraraghavan, “TAPMI BBA is structured in a unique way. You will spend the first year strengthening the building blocks for the further years. You may come from either a liberal arts, science, or business studies background. But when you enter the second year, you will be ready to imbibe and fully understand the foundational principles of management and the basic business skills required to transact in the world of management. The third year will offer you an array of options to choose your specialization from. If you so wish, you may exit the course here with a regular BBA degree. But should you continue for the fourth year, you set yourself to become an Honors scholar.”
Explaining the TAPMI Bangalore BBA Honours fourth year program, Prof Madhu Veeraraghavan says,“You have many options… If research has your fancy, you may choose to do your pre-research work with a TAPMI faculty member at Manipal. If you want to start your entrepreneurial journey by starting your own business or joining an existing business, you can draw upon TAPMI’s resources to smooth that process. The Advanced Specialization track sets you up for an outstanding and accelerated career path. The curriculum is designed to make you perform at unprecedented levels in the industry, and you will be way beyond thinking of an immediate domestic Master’s degree.”
TAPMI BBA Honors program Campus in Bangalore
The BBA Honors program will be offered at TAPMI Bengaluru in the sprawling campus of Manipal Academy of Higher Education at Yelahanka.Manipal Academy of Higher Education campus is located Near BSF Campus in Yelahanka, Govindapura, Karnataka.
Why TAPMI BBA Honors?
Here are some reasons why TAPMI BBA Honors program should be considered by you:
- State of the art Laboratories: The learning experience at TAPsMI’s Bangalore campus will be enriched by sophisticated facilities, says TAPMI. Students will have access to multiple laboratories such as:
- Finance Lab. This lab will be complete with Bloomberg Terminals and access to high-end databases.
- Analytics Lab. This lab will have latest analytics tools, IoT devices, and a high-end server.
- Operations Lab. You can master tough operations concepts here
- Creativity Lab. Students can let imagination run wild by building products and services, artfully guided by the faculty from Srishti Manipal Institute of Art, Design and Technology.
- Developing Creativity: TAPMI believes that creativity among young students can be developed with the help of well-designed curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular activities. TAPMI has designed the following creativity development process:
- Measure: We will measure the creativity potential of every student when he or she joins the program
- Take Courses & Exercises. Students go through a rich set of courses and other activities that are designed to enhance creativity. Students explore, experiment, design, dismantle, and CREATE artefacts in TAPMI’s Creativity Lab.
- Measure again: After these course and exercises, the creativity potential of students shall expand
- Strong Industry Connect. TAPMI says that with a dedicated corporate engagement (CE) team, the students are never out of touch with the industry. Some highlights are:
- A strong advisory board with industry stalwarts
- Three internships
- Four live projects
- Industry workshops
- Lectures and talks by industry leaders
- International Collaborations. MAHE has collaborations with more than 200+ universities across the globe. TAPMI will be extensively leveraging these collaborations for BBA student exchange, and international faculty teaching courses.
- TAPMI Alumni Network. The 6500 strong alumni of TAPMI support students through industry connections, personal mentorships, and during international immersions.
- Exceptional Career Support. A dedicated corporate engagement (CE) team will provide the following career support:
- Professional development program for every student during the third and fourth semesters. This consists of personality development, communication skill enhancement, CV writing, and GD & interview skills.
- Every student gets a career advisory support (CAS) mentor to personally guide career selection.
- Leadership development training by TAPMI’s renowned Leadership Assessment & Development Centre (LADC)
- Full placement support during the sixth semester for students graduating with BBA.
- Personalized, track-oriented career guidance during the fourth year. Full placement support.
TAPMI BBA Honors Admissions 2022
Below are shared the details about the TAPMI BBA Honors Admission 2022 eligibility criteria, TAPMI BBA Honors Fee, TAPMI BBA Honors Admission Process and other important details
TAPMI BBA Honors Admission Eligibility Criteria:
- Passing HSC/10+2 Exam with 60% Marks: Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)/(10+2) Examination or any other equivalent examination from a recognized board with minimum 60% aggregated marks, passed in 2020, 2021 or appearing in 2022. Candidates who are appearing for these exams in the year 2022 are also eligible to apply. They will be shortlisted if they obtain the minimum marks.
- Take IPMAT or Other Acceptable BBA Entrance Exam: Candidates should have appeared in one of the following entrance tests.
IPMAT (Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test, conducted by IIM Indore), for the corresponding academic year OR
- JEE mains (Joint Entrance Examination, conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), for the corresponding academic year OR
- SAT examination (administered on behalf of the College Board by the Educational Testing Service)
- Take IPMAT or Other Acceptable BBA Entrance Exam: Candidates should have appeared in one of the following entrance tests.
- Maximum Age for TAPMI BBA Honors Admission 2022: Candidates should not be more than 20 years of age as on 1st August 2022.
- English Proficiency: Candidates should have English as a compulsory subject in HSC/(10+2) Examination.
TAPMI BBA Honors Admission 2022: Shortlisting Criteria
- Minimum aggregate score of 80% in both X and XII examinations.
- Students will be shortlisted and informed at their registered email address. Thereafter, candidates will have to appear for an online interview and micro-presentation (20-25 minutes duration overall).
TAPMI BBA Honors Admission Process: Final Selection Criteria:
According to TAPMI, the final selection for TAPMI BBA Honours Admission would be based on following six parameters:
- Academic profile (Xth&XIIth) & English proficiency.
- Entrance Test (IPMAT/ JEE/ SAT)
- Personal Interview
- Extra-curricular achievements
- Gender diversity considerations
TAPMI BBA Honours Admission 2022 Last date to apply is June 30, 2022.
TAPMI does not accept application in hardcopy mode. All applications must be submitted online. There is no “Management Quota” for admissions at TAPMI.
TAPMI BBA Honors Fee
TAPMI BBA Honors Fee for Indian and NRI category students is different. The program fee is detailed as below
- Indian Students (Regular Fees): INR 3.75 Lakhs per year
- NRI Students: USD 9000 per year
TAPMI BBA Honors Financial Support and Scholarships
- TAPMI has tie-ups with scheduled commercial banks and NBFC to provide education loans to interested students. Details are available on the website.
- TAPMI offers many Scholarships including Ramdas Pai Merit Scholarship Category 1 with 30% fee exemption to top six students according to the merit list of joining students and Ramdas Pai Merit Scholarship Category 2 with 30% fee exemption offered to top Six Students of the Batch based on their CGPA at the end of year 1, year 2, year 3 and year 4
- Academic Awards include T.A. Pai Gold Medal for Academic Excellence worth INR 2.5 Lakhs for the topper of each BBA (Hons.) track and Dean’s Roll of Honor worth INR 2 Lakhs each to the Top 3 students of the BBA Third Year.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is one of the most sought after undergraduate management programmes after completing class 12. We hope this article is helpful in exploring BBA (Hons) admission at TAPMI Bangalore campus. Application is open and the last date to apply is June 30, 2022. Apply Now
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on BBA Education in India