BIM Trichy, one of the leading and oldest B-Schools, founded in 1984, is open with its application process for admission to its 40th MBA batch 2023-25. The Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM), Tiruchirappalli is a leading B-school with strong placements and is grooming students into pi shaped professionals, ready to take on the new age work front with its MBA program architecture. BIM Trichy will accept CAT, XAT and GMAT exam score for admission 2023. Last date to apply for admission is February 15, 2023.
Sharing the highlights of BIM Trichy MBA programme, Dr. Asit Kumar Barma, Director of BIM Trichy said, “We have carefully designed our program architecture to build this inner strength in each of our students while staying true to BIM’s vision of being an innovative, socially responsive, and inclusive institute of excellence in management education. Through a well-crafted program architecture, we nurture pi shaped professionals for the careers of tomorrow.”
Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM), Tiruchirappalli, named after the revolutionary poet Bharathidasan, is affiliated to Bharathidasan University Tiruchirappalli which is an offshoot of the University of Madras. With an affiliating jurisdiction of 7 districts, the Bharathidasan University offers over 250 courses to over 1.5 lakh students, both directly and through its affiliated colleges
Housed inside an industrial giant, BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited), a multitude of industry experts have time and again testified to the distinctive brand of leaders that BIM Trichy has yielded. The MBA program of BIM Trichy is an amalgamation of a highly rigorous and contemporary curriculum, and experiential learning facilitated by sublime faculty.
Read below the key USPs of BIM Trichy, its fee, placement, selection process and other important details. Apply Now
Table of Contents
- BIM Trichy: Key Highlights and USPs
- BIM Trichy Fees, Programme details, Intake
- BIM Trichy Placements
- BIM Trichy Alumni
- BIM Trichy MBA Eligibility
- How to Apply for BIM Trichy Admission 2023? Check Details
- BIM Trichy Admission 2023: Important Dates
- BIM Trichy MBA Admission Process 2023
1. BIM Trichy: Key Highlights and USPs
Set up in 1984, Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM), Tiruchirappalli is a one of the premier Indian B-schools. Key highlights and USPs of the institute are:
- 1.1 Ranked Among Top B-Schools: BIM Trichy is ranked #83 by GoI MHRD NIRF Ranking 2022 among top 125 MBA colleges in India
- 1.2 Grooming pi Shaped Professionals: The program architecture at BIM Trichy is carefully chosen to create a great learning experience. The objective is to transform students into pi shaped professionals, ready to take on the newage work front. As a part of this, students are exposed to competencies through the institute’s Real-Time Contextual Marketing Lab (RTCML), comprising a host of proprietary and open-source marketing and analytics tools; Artificial Intelligence/Machine Language Lab; and Financial Trading Lab, a Platform for Investor Experience.
- 1.3 BIM Trichy Fees: BIM Trichy MBA Fees is Rs.16.50 lakhs for 2 years. The fee is lower than the fees of other leading B-schools.
- 1.4 Strong Placements: BIM Trichy has a consistent record of 100% placements. The BIM Trichy 38th MBA 2021-23 batch is seeing a great start, with 80% of the batch getting placed within two weeks of commencement of the recruitment process. The average salary so far is Rs.11.90 LPA and highest salary is Rs.17 LPA.
- 1.5 Faculty: BIM has the best-in-class faculty resource with outstanding credentials across all areas drawn from industry and academia.
- 1.6 Large Alumni Base: BIM Trichy has more than 4000 strong alumni base making a significant contribution to corporates and society globally, with many of them in CXO positions.
- 1.7 Sustainable Development Goal (SDG): The social immersion program is an integral part of BIM Trichy Curriculum. BIM Centre for SDG is a unique initiative and is a platform for strategic interventions to advance the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. The experts guide the charter of this centre in this space drawn from organizations like KPMG Deloitte, PwC, UNDP, and other consulting organizations, and every year a few specific goals are chosen from the seventeen SDG to work on. In this program, students are sensitized to the community's problems and the challenges of underserved segments. Students are encouraged to build techno-economic viable, and sustainable solutions and measure the impact thereof.
- 1.8 Holistic Growth of Students: Specific activities through the BIM Trichy practice schools such as the Personal Growth Lab (PGL), Outbound Leadership Lab (OLL), Social Immersion Program (SIP), Corporate Immersion Program (CIP), Effective Execution through Clubs (EEC), and Personality Enhancement through Sports (PES) help build character and strength to successfully face an adverse and uncertain situation in life, develop team spirits and build a strong personality. Each student also needs to take up at least one of the sports (Tennis, Badminton, Basketball) to attain a certain level of proficiency. Access is available for students to extensive facilities like well stocked library, 24 hours computer centre with 100 MBPS Internet facility and wi-fi enabled campus.
2. BIM Trichy Fees, Programme details, Intake
The details about BIM Trichy Fees, Programme specialization, Intake are as under:
2.1 BIM Trichy MBA Fees 2023-25
BIM Tiruchirappalli MBA Fees is Rs.15,69,500 for two years. The fee excludes Mess expenses which may come to approx. Rs.40,000 per annum
2.2 BIM Trichy MBA Probramme Specializations
BIM Trichy MBA programme offers specialization in the key areas of Marketing, Human Resources, Digital Business & Analytics, Finance, Operations
2.3 BIM Trichy MBA Seats: 120 Students
The programme intake for BIM Trichy MBA is 120 seats
3. BIM Trichy Placements 2023 & 2022
BIM Tiruchirappalli has a consistent high placement record with rising average salary for the batch year after year. BIM Trichy follows an engagement-driven placement policy and encourages corporates to participate in curriculum design intimately and also sponsor and deliver some of the courses.
BIM Trichy has a strong recruiter base. From 2022, BIM Trichy has started getting its placement data audited by CRISIL, thereby BIM being the only select few B Schools in India to reflect the placement data correctly. BIM consistently witnesses 100% placement of its graduates and the 38th MBA batch 2021-23 has already completed 80% placements within two weeks of commencement of the recruitment process. Below are shared the Placement highlights 2023 and 2022
3. BIM Trichy MBA Placement 2023: Key Highlights
- 38th 2021-23 batch already completes 80% placements
- Highest Salary in Placement 2023 is Rs.17 LPA
- Average salary in Placement 2023 is Rs.11.90 LPA
- Median Salary in Placement 2022 is Rs.11.40 LPA
- Average salary for top 25% is Rs.14.70 LPA
- Median salary for top 25% is Rs.14.60 LPA
- Top Recruiters include Accenture, EY, Capgemini, Cognizant, Godrej, HUL, Infosys, Wipro among others
3.2 BIM Trichy MBA Placement 2022: Key Highlights
- 100% Placements
- Highest salary in Placement 2022: Rs.17.50 LPA
- Average Salary in Placement 2022: Rs.10.50 LPA
- Median Salary in Placement 2022: Rs. 9.70 LPA
- Companies from all sectors Manufacturing, Consulting, BFSI, FMCG, IT & ITes regularly recruit from BIM Trichy
- Top recruiters include Asian Paints, CTS, Citicorp, EXIM Bank, EY GDS, EY India, Godrej & Boyce, Hindustan Unilever Ltd., HSBC, Infosys, Mindtree, Nippon Paints, Thoughtworks, TAFE, Vedanta
3.3 BIM Trichy Corporate Engagement: BIM Trichy engages with the corporates to offer courses in new technology areas such as Digital HR, Fintech, Blockchain applications, Derivative analytics, AI/ML. This engagement model provides a platform for the recruiters to spot their future talents and plan their elective courses to make them productive from the first day of their work. This engagement model allows the candidates to reflect on the kind of work they would love to do. As a result of these engagement-driven placement initiatives, BIM students demonstrate a high retention rate, resulting in recruiters’ satisfaction.
4. BIM Trichy Alumni
BIM Trichy has more than 4000 strong alumni base making a significant contribution to corporates and society globally, with many of them in CXO positions. Several BIM Trichy alumni are successful entrepreneurs in India and abroad. Sharing list of some of the notable BIM alumni, Dr Barma said, “One key strength of BIM is its strong alumni network. Our 4000+ alumni, many of them being CXOs, are making a significant contribution to industry and society across the globe.” Below is shared a snapshot of a few distinguished alumni of BIM Trichy
- Mr. T R Ramchandran – Group Country Manager, India, and South Asia, VISA
- Mr. Sidd R Siddharthan – MD, Accenture, Singapore
- Mr. Roni Chacko – MD, Godrej Consumer Products Limited, Ghana
- Mr. Prakash Mallya – MD, & VP, Intel India
- Mr. Sanjay Manohar – MD, McAfee India
- Mr. Vijaykrishnan Venkatesan – MD India and APAC, Kennametal India Limited
- Ms. Manashi Guha – Consumer Division Head, L’Oreal SAPMENA (South Asia Pacific Middle East and North Africa)
- Mr. K Ramakrishnan – MD, South Asia Kantar Panel, Kantar
- Mr. Kabir Ahmed Shakir – Chief Financial Officer, Tata Communications
- Ms. Keerthana Ramakrishan – Marketing Head, EX-NIKE India
- Ms. Kavitha Singh – CHRO, United Breweries India
- Mr. Kesavan Narayanan – Executive Director, JP Morgan India
5. BIM Trichy Admission Eligibility Criteria
- BIM Trichy MBA eligibility criteria require that the candidate must hold a bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- One of the most important points in BIM Trichy Admission Eligibility criteria is that apart from a recognized graduate degree, the candidate should be registered for CAT/XAT/GMAT and must have appeared in one of these entrance exams to become eligible for MBA 2023 admission.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results is also eligible to apply for BIM Trichy Admission 2023. Such candidates should complete the degree requirements with minimum 50% marks by June 2023.
- If the candidate is awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence to determine MBA admission eligibility would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where the bachelor's degree is obtained. In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by BIM Trichy to confirm the Admission eligibility of the candidate.
6. How to Apply for BIM Trichy Admission 2023? Check Key Steps, Application Fees
- The BIM Trichy Admission Application form and prospectus can be obtained only through online registration at BIM Trichy website.
- The online registration process should be done with an option to pay by Credit card/Debit card/ Net Banking or Demand Draft
- If the payment is to be made through Demand Draft, it should be drawn in favour of ‘Bharathidasan Institute of Management’, payable at Tiruchirappalli. The candidate needs to enter the Demand Draft details while filling up the online application form.
- Applicants will receive a system-generated acknowledgement for the application submitted and on payment of the application fee. With this, the application process is complete.
6.1 BIM Trichy Application Fee: Rs.1250/-
The Application fee to apply for BIM Trichy MBA admission 2023 for General candidates is Rs. 1250/- and for SC/ST candidates the application fee is Rs. 800/-
6.2 BIM Trichy Admission 2023: Important Dates
Below are the BIM Trichy Admission 2023 important dates:
BIM Trichy MBA Admission 2023 Activity
BIM Trichy Application Opens for Admission 2023
November 15, 2022
BIM Trichy Admission Last Date to Apply
February 15, 2023
5. BIM Trichy MBA Admission 2023: Step by Step Process
BIM offers one of the most coveted MBA programmes in India. Entry to this course is regulated through a rigorous selection process. MBA graduates from BIM are widely placed in Industry. The programme has attracted people with diverse backgrounds, career interests and aspirations. BIM Trichy Admission process 2023 consists of two stages. The first stage is Shortlisting of candidates based on CAT 2022, XAT 2023 or GMAT (Taken from Jan 2021 to Dec 2022) scores and second stage is Personal Interview (PI) and Group Discussion (GD) for shortlisted candidates.
5.1 Stage-1: BIM Trichy Admission 2023: Shortlisting Criteria
The first part of BIM Trichy Admission 2023 process is the shortlisting before final selection round.
- BIM will shortlist the candidates based on their performance in CAT 2022, XAT 2023 and GMAT (Taken between Jan 2021 and Dec 2022) exam score.
- BIM Trichy will consider aggregate exam scores and not sectional scores of the applicants in the acceptable entrance exams for shortlisting.
- The entrance exam Registration Number should be incorporated in the BIM online registration page in the space provided therein.
- After the shortlisting, the candidates will go through GD-PI round
5.2 Stage-2: BIM Trichy Admission Selection Process
BIM Trichy selection criteria after final admission round award judiciously divided weightages to Entrance exam score; Academics; Work Experience; Group Discussion; Personal Interview among other parameters.
- The PI & GD will be conducted at Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Tiruchirappalli subject to availability of sufficient candidates for each of the centres
- However, the process will also depend upon Covid pandemic situation and may be conducted online as per GoI and State Govt guidelines
- Academic performance of the candidate in 10th standard, 12th standard, qualifying degree and relevant work experience are the other components which are verified and given weightage during the second stage of the selection process
- The final selection for the BIM Trichy MBA programme will be based on the performance of the candidate in all the above components
- Candidates with prior work experience are preferred but outstanding fresh Under Graduates are equally encouraged
5.3 BIM Trichy Cut-off for MBA Admission 2023
BIM Trichy cut off for MBA admission 2023 is not expected to go very high as the institute considers other key parameters along with the entrance exam score. The likely cut offs may remain as under:
BIM Trichy Cut off
GMAT (Taken between Jan 2021 to Dec 2022)
BIM Trichy prefers the candidates who have one thing in common - an interest in learning and a desire to equip themselves for challenging leadership positions. According to Dr Barma, “Our ideal candidate should be a consistent performer from the 10th standard to the UG level. We accept only CAT/XAT and GMAT scores as qualifying examinations to ensure candidates with the right aptitude walk in. Through Group Discussion and a rigorous Personal Interview, we ensure our candidates have the right attitude, confidence, risk-taking ability, and value fit.”
Objectives of BIM Trichy focus all its resources and energy only on a two-year full-time residential MBA programme. All other activities that are carried out by BIM, like management development programmes, consultancy assignments, case development, research among others are aimed at improving the quality of input given to the MBA students.
An aptitude for teamwork, the ability to lead and social responsiveness rate high in the selection process. Each student is a latent source of knowledge and the programme at BIM is skewed to tap that knowledge. The courses offered place a lot of emphasis on interaction through a series of case studies, seminars, simulations, team projects, village immersion programme and corporate immersion programme. The students are urged to work in teams and play a significant role in the design and modification of courses. Admission process is open. Apply Now
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on BIM Tiruchirappalli