The Government of Tamil Nadu has selected Bharathidasan Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli (BIM Trichy), as the Academic Partner for its newly introduced Tamil Nadu CM’s Fellowship Program. It will be a 2 year program and at the end of the two year Fellowship program the participants will receive Post Graduate Certificate in Public Policy and Management with an option to enrol for PhD with due credit transfer.
Sharing the key details with MBAUniverse.com to drive the program at the institute, Dr Asit K Barma, Director Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirappalli said, “As part of the new program architecture, BIM has set up a Centre of Excellence in SDG to advance Society 5.0. This CoE will drive the program in coordination with the State Government. The State Government has identified twelve themes where the Fellows would be working on optimising service delivery and build internationally referred benchmarks for policy and program outcomes.”
The State government has ordered to accord financial sanction for a sum of Rs.41.75 lakh for the financial year 2021-2022 for the program.
Functioning as a not-for-profit society, Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM), Tiruchirappalli is one of the oldest B-Schools. Founded in 1984, BIM Trichy is named after the revolutionary poet Bharathidasan and is affiliated to Bharathidasan University Tiruchirappalli which is an offshoot of the University of Madras. With an affiliating jurisdiction of 7 districts, the Bharathidasan University offers over 250 courses to over 1.5 lakh students, both directly and through its affiliated colleges
Let’s know the key details about the eligibility, selection process, remuneration and number of candidates proposed to be selected for Tamil Nadu Chief Minister’s Fellowship Programme (TNCMFP) during 2022-24, the program commencement year.
TNCMFP: Key Objectives
The aim of implementing TNCMFP by Govt of Tamil Nadu is to create a pool of knowledgeable and action-oriented resources to work on policy efficacy, identify gaps, build internationally referred benchmarks for policy and program outcomes. It also aims to evolve a ‘programme structure’, to conceive and implement a framework of monitoring and evaluation, to develop the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for service delivery, apart from other objectives.
The Tamil Nadu Government order regarding TNCMFP launch states, “Appropriately placed under the Chief Minister’s Office/departments concerned, the Fellows will monitor, identify issues and aid in decision making in respect of the assigned programmes to address the gaps and optimise qualitative delivery of services.”
Number of Fellowhips under TNCMFP
- 24 persons would get the fellowship for researching in 12 identified thematic areas (two fellows for each area) for synergies in implementation, monitoring and evaluation by grouping the various departments and schemes
- Another 6 would be in the Monitoring Cell of the Special Programme Implementation Department
Total Cost of Fellowships
Estimated total cost of Fellowships is Rs.5.66 Crore to be incurred by Govt of Tamil Nadu
Amount of Remuneration to Fellows under TNCMFP
- Each candidate selected for Tamil Nadu Chief Minister’s Fellowship Programme (TNCMFP) will get a monthly remuneration of Rs.50,000/-
- An additional allowance of Rs10,000 each to meet their incidental expenses will also be provided
Areas of Research under TNCMFP Fellowship Program
There are 12 Thematic Areas of Research under TNCMFP program and 24 persons will be selected for taking up research in these areas. The Research areas are
- Augment Water Resources
- Increase Agricultural Production and Create Marketing Linkages
- Provide Housing for All
- Improve Educational Standards
- Boost Health Indicators
- Achieve Social Inclusion
- Upgrade Infrastructure and Facilitate Industrial Development
- Provide Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Development
- Facilitate Institutional Credit
- Protect Heritage and Culture
- Achieve Ecological Balance
- Enhance Data Governance
Role of Fellows
The candidates selected under TNCMFP program will have the primary role to monitor, identify issues, and aid data-driven decision-making regarding the assigned programs to address the gaps and optimize the service delivery. They have to undertake visits to districts to assess ground situation, elicit feedbacks and assist in appropriate follow-up actions.
Eligibility to Apply for TNCMFP
- A candidate must hold a first class in bachelor’s degree in respect of professional courses, (Engineering, Medicine, Law, Agriculture, Veterinary Science) or first class in Master’s degree in Arts/Science from any of the universities
- Candidates with a Ph.D. would be preferred
- Work experience would be an added advantage and working knowledge of Tamil is mandatory
- The candidates must be aged between 22-30 years at the time of applying for fellowship
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST category, the maximum age limit shall be 35 years and for candidates belonging to BC/MBC category, it shall be 33 years. The Tamil Nadu Govt reservation policy as followed in admissions to academic institutions will apply
Selection Process for TNCMFP
The selection process of the Fellows would have three stages:
- Stage-1: Preliminary Assessment through Internet Based Test
- Stage-2: Comprehensive Written Examination
- Stage-3: Personal Interview.
SDG at BIM Trichy – Unique Initiative to Achieve Sustainable Goals
The BIM Centre for Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) is a unique initiative and is a platform for strategic interventions to advance the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. The social immersion program is an integral part of BIM Trichy Curriculum. The experts guide the charter of this centre in this space drawn from organizations like KPMG Deloitte, PwC, UNDP, and other consulting organizations, and every year a few specific goals are chosen from the seventeen SDG to work on. Students are sensitized to the community's problems and the challenges of underserved segments. Students are encouraged to build techno-economic viable, and sustainable solutions and measure the impact thereof.
BIM Trichy offers 2 years full time MBA and is grooming students into pi shaped professionals, ready to take on the newage work front with its MBA program architecture. BIM Tiruchirappalli MBA Admission 2022 Open: Apply Now
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on BIM Tiruchirappalli