Keeping pace with the latest trends, technologies and with an aim to prepare students to work in media and media-related sectors of the future, Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies (DGMC), Mumbai offers two year full-time PGDM program with specializations in Media & Entertainment, Advertising & Branding and Sports Management.
The PGDM program with its choice of specializations is the flagship program of DGMC Mumbai. It is approved by AICTE and the Government of Maharashtra, Department of Technical Education. The online application process for admission 2020-22 batch is open at the institute with an application fee of Rs. 2000/-
DGMC is one of the premier media and communication institutes in Mumbai. Apart from the PGDM, affiliated to AICTE, DGMC also offers Masters in Communication and Journalism (MACJ) and Master of Arts in Film Television and New Media Production (MA FTNMP) affiliated to University of Mumbai.
DGMC Mumbai: Institute USPs, Fee, & Placements
- DGMC has been Ranked 1st among the top emerging B-Schools in Mumbai as per Times B-School Survey 2020 and is Ranked 2nd among emerging B Schools in India
- DGMC is certified by LRQA (Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance Limited) for providing quality education to students as per ISO 9001:2015
- Harvard Business School online course in Business Analytics is offered at DGMC
- DGMC fee is low at Rs.6.55 lakhs including Rs.10,000 refundable deposit
- 100% Placements.
- Top Recruiters in DGMC Placements include Social Kinnect, ALT Balaji, Pentacle Design, Epic Channel, BOI Media & Entertainment, Brandcom, Eggfirst, BBC Production, FCB-Ulka, TBWA Worldwide, Wavemaker, Ogily, LeoBurnett, Lowe Lintas, Rashmi Telefilms, Sony Pix, Sports Interactive among others.
DGMC PGDM: Programme Highlights
The 2 years full time PGDM program of Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies (DGMC), Mumbai offers specializations in Advertising and Branding, Media and Entertainment and Sports Management. The key features of the PGDM program at DGMC are:
- The PGDM program at DGMC is a comprehensive course and encompasses learning’s in various fields like Ad Film Making, Media Management, Content Marketing, PR, Digital Marketing, Business of Gaming, VFX & Animation, Sports Marketing, and Media Planning & Buying along with Movie Marketing & Distribution.
- The program is designed to help students /media professionals to work independently, or as a part of a multi-disciplinary team, agency or corporate, and to prepare them in the managerial as well as creative aspects in the field of Advertising, Media and Entertainment & Sports.
- The program focuses on learning the nuances of the Media & Advertising Industry and delves into the detailed knowledge of each field and teaches about the correlation that exists between content creation and associated media business.
- Specializations are offered in Media & Entertainment, Advertising & Branding, Sports Management.
- Guest Talks regularly by industry experts
- 100 % Placements
- Rural Immersion: Students are sensitized to the rural issues and are asked to immerse with a business plan in the rural market.
- DGMC’s PGDM Program is Trimester based.
- After Trimester III the students will be sent for a summer internship for three months, which includes one month internship with an NGO.
- Trimester VI focuses on Capstone Project with Internship.
- The proximity of the campus to the hub of film and television production activity makes it a preferred choice among the student community.
DGMC Industry Immersion: Capstone Project with Internship
The Capstone Project with internship at DGMC Mumbai is a unique initiative to drive the placement process of PGDM. The success of the PGDM placement is based on the architecture which focuses on Concept, Application & Learning.
The Capstone Project with internship is application based learning, where in the Trimester VI student will undergo a combination of both, internship as well as an industry immersion with the opportunity to apply knowledge and skills that students have acquired during their PGDM program. The 12 week project is under the guidance of industry and academic mentors.
DGMC Mumbai Fees
The 2 years DGMC Mumbai fees for PGDM programme, payable by students is as under:
DGMC Mumbai Fee Structure (Rs. in Lakhs)
PGDM Specializations at DGMC, Mumbai
DGMC, Mumbai offers specializations in:
- Advertising and Branding
- Media & Entertainment
- Sports Management
DGMC Mumbai Placements
DGMC is one of the highly ranked B-Schools in Mumbai. The placements over the years have been witnessing good number of recruiters in each placement season for final recruitment of its students. The institute offers 100% placements. Key achievements in placements included some of the top companies where students were placed namely Lowe Lintas, BBC, ALT Balaji, Ogilvy, TBWA, Wavemaker, Essel Vision, Saatchi and Saatchi among others.
The institute has adapted various innovative practices and initiatives to make the students industry ready in the fields of Ad Film Making, Media Management, Content Marketing, PR, Digital Marketing, Business of Gaming, VFX & Animation, Sports Marketing, and Media Planning & Buying along with Movie Marketing & Distribution.
DGMC Mumbai Placement Highlights
- Average Salary: Rs.3.02 LPA
- Highest salary: Rs.4.80 LPA
- Number of Recruiters: 30
- Percentage of Students placed: 100%
Top recruiters in DGMC Mumbai placements include Social Kinnect, ALT Balaji, Pentacle Design, Epic Channel, BOI Media & Entertainment, Brandcom, Eggfirst, BBC Production, FCB-Ulka, TBWA Worldwide, Wavemaker, Ogily, LeoBurnett, Lowe Lintas, Rashmi Telefilm, Sony Pix, Sports Interactive Saatchi & Saatchi, Ogilvy, Essel Vision, Optimistic Production House, Endemol Shine group, Rediffusion, Contract Advertising, Fremantle Media among others.
Employability Readiness program (MEAM) Before Placement
Before being placed in companies, The PGDM students at DGMC undergo a rigorous Employability Readiness Program, where their behaviors, attitudes, beliefs and unique personal qualities are harnessed. This enables them to set and focus on their goals.
This initial training consists of training in aptitude, communication and interview skills. The program helps develop a student’s work readiness and gives a detailed understanding of the sector-specific skills. The training commences from Trimester II and is continued till Trimester V, addressing areas like – Interviewing Skills, Personal Skills, Language Skills, Advance Excel Training, Mathematical Reasoning, Personality Development, Mock Interview, Group Discussion, and Team Building Exercise and Stress Management.
The outcome of the program is to ensure that students adapt to the prospective employers’ work culture and cultivate an attitude of learning on the job, as well as be resilient and patient to understand and absorb oneself in the organization.
How to Apply for Admission at DGMC Mumbai?
The Admission Application form is available online on the institute’s official website www.dgmc.org.in. Students need to fill the form and download the PDF of the completed form. On receipt of the form and application fees of Rs.2000/- the candidate would be considered for the merit list. However, submission of online admission form doesn’t guarantee admission to the institute
- Passed bachelor’s Degree of Minimum three years duration. Obtained at least 50% Marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates appearing for final year examination of any bachelor’s degree of a minimum three years duration in any discipline recognized by the association of Indian universities are also eligible
- Such candidate can be considered for provisional admission subject to passing the degree exam, as per the norms by AICTE.
- Candidates should have appeared for any of the following entrance exams CAT/ MH-CET /GMAT/ CMAT/ MAT/ XAT/ ATMA.
DGMC offers Hostel Facility for boys and girls.
DGMC Mumbai: Infrastructure
The DGMC campus is designed to inspire future media professionals in a setting that measures upto world-class industry standards. The centrally air-conditioned campus has a well-appointed library, advanced Sound Lab, Shooting Floor and an advanced Mac Lab.
The campus also includes a professionally managed sports ground, as well as a conference room. A cradle for nurturing creative potential in an exquisite professional environment, the entire campus is Wi-Fi enabled. The seminar hall on the 6th floor adds that extra value to the academic ambience.
DGMC Mumbai is supported by its parent body Rajasthani Sammelan Education Trust which has been in the field of education for the past 71 years. The trust supports and facilitates learning activity for approximately 16000 students from primary to post-graduation. As the media and communication industry landscape is evolving at a fast pace and is becoming more diverse, dynamic and competitive; faced with the challenges of how we consume content, creativity, digital age, this industry shall dominate for years to come. Envisioning this, Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies (DGMC) provides courses that keep pace with the latest trends, technologies and prepare students for work in media and media-related sectors of the future.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies (DGMC) Mumbai