Conceptualised as India’s first ‘Corporate B-School’, Globsyn Business School (GBS) Kolkata, is a leading management institute and offers industry relevant AICTE approved PGDM programmes. Admission 2022 at Globsyn is open for next few more days based on almost all the national level MBA entrance tests. Application can be submitted online.
Globsyn Business School Kolkata has industry relevant curriculum which is consistently updated as per Global Standard to create new age Industry Relevant Managers who are not only ready to work and contribute from day one but more importantly seamlessly blend into the corporate world, well equipped with right knowledge and its application finesse as well as the agility to use technology.
Globsyn offers AICTE approved 2 years full time PGDM and PGDM IB+MBA with Global Management education experience at moderate fee. Globsyn has a 100% placement record for its batches and was conferred Education Excellence Award for ‘Best B-School in Placements’ at EduMeet 2018. Read this article to know the key Globsyn USPs, Globsyn Fees and Placements, Admission process 2022 and other details
Table of Contents
- Globsyn Kolkata: Key USPs & Highlights
- Globsyn Fees, Programmes Offered, Intake
- Globsyn Business School Kolkata Placements
- Globsyn Admission 2022: Step by Step Process
- Globsyn Kolkata Admission 2022 Application Process: How to Apply?
- Globsyn Kolkata Eligibility for Admission 2022
1. Globsyn Kolkata: Key USPs & Highlights
A premier management institute of its kind, Globsyn Kolkata is one of the leading B-schools with many USPs. Some of the key USPs and highlights are as under:
- 1.1 First Corporate B-School: GBS has uniquely positioned itself as India's only Corporate B-School drawing from the strength and diversity of the fast evolving global corporate world. CEOs of top companies, Academics, Administrators form the Board of Governors of Globsyn.
- 1.2 High Ranking: Globsyn Business School is ranked #1 among Private B-Schools in Kolkata as per MBA Universe B-School Ranking 2021. It is ranked among the Top 50 B-Schools in India, and Top 5 B-Schools in Eastern India along with IIM – Calcutta, XLRI – Jamshedpur, IIT-Kharagpur (VGSM), and XIM – Bhubaneshwar, as per Business India’s Best B-Schools Survey 2020. It is recognized as the ‘Leading B-School in Eastern India’ by The Times Group in the edition of Times Brand Icons 2021. Globsyn Business School’s Embryon – The Entrepreneurship Cell has been recognized by AACSB’s 2021 Innovations That Inspire initiative, which showcases business schools creating positive societal impact.
- 1.3 Globsyn Fees: 2 years Globsyn PGDM Fee is Rs.7.95 lakhs which is much lower than many good B-schools
- 1.4 Globsyn Placements: Since its inception, GBS Kolkata Placements have registered 100% placement record and has built relations with more than 360 corporates who make placement offers to Globsyn students. Globsyn has completed phase-1 of its Placement 2022 process with highest salary of Rs.22 LPA and average salary of Rs.6.10 LPA. Phase-2 of Globsyn placement process 2022 is going on. Globsyn Placements 2021 recorded an average salary of Rs.5 LPA and highest salary of Rs.12 LPA
- 1.5 Top Recruiters: Top recruiters in Globsyn Placements include Amazon, PwC, EY, Deloitte India, KPMG, ITC, Asian Paints, HDFC Bank, Dabur, Marico, Reckitt Benckiser, Bandhan Bank, Vodafone Idea, Ferrero India Pvt Ltd, Pantaloons, KPMG, ICICI Bank, Bajaj Consumer Care
- 1.6 International Immersion: Globsyn PGPM-IB+MBA students get the opportunity of Global Immersion Programme (GIP) at Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST). It exposes students to a global environment with intensive classes, case studies, projects and dissertations.
- 1.7 National & International Memberships: Globsyn Business School (GBS) is a member of AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the world’s largest business education alliance. It is also holding the membership of industry association bodies like CII, AIMA, AIMS, BCC&I, CMA among others
- 1.8 Globsyn Recognitions: Globsyn Business School has been recognized as the ‘Academic Partner of the Year, 2019’, by an University endorsed by the Government of Malaysia, amongst other partners from Vietnam, Sri Lanka, China, Nigeria and Ghana at Kuala Lampur, Malaysia. It has been recognized as the ‘Leading B-School in Eastern India’ by The Times Group in the edition of Times Brand Icons 2021. Globsyn Business School’s Embryon – The Entrepreneurship Cell has been recognized by AACSB’s 2021 Innovations That Inspire initiative, which showcases business schools creating positive societal impact. GBS Kolkata has been recognized as the ‘Best B-School with Academic Excellence’ in Eastern India at the Asia Education Summit & Awards 2021; it has been recognized as an ‘ET Leading B-School’ by ET Industry Leaders EAST 2020
- 1.9 Globsyn Pedagogic Initiatives: Both the PGDM programmes of Globsyn - PGDM and PGPM-IB+MBA are delivered with Globsyn unique pedagogic initiative- ‘Learning Beyond Education’, Globsyn pedagogic initiatives include Annual Lecture Series, Globsyn Management Conference, Globsyn Alumni Engage, Embryon, Kalyani Youth Leadership Forum and Serendipity
- 1.10 India’s first IBM Centre for Software Excellence at Globsyn: India’s first IBM Centre for Software Excellence has been established at Globsyn Kolkata. GBS is the pioneer of the Knowledge Finishing School System in India and is the only institution to seamlessly blend together ‘Infrastructure’ and ‘Institution.’ IBM is the first Indian software organisation to bring dedicated business networking to India and giving to the technology training industry – Young Software Manager (YSM), the only technology training product to date that brings together ‘technology’, ‘management’ and application skills into a single, back-to-school, curriculum. The continuous performance of its alumni in the corporate domain has made Globsyn Business School one of the top MBA institutes in Kolkata
2. Globsyn Fees, Programmes Offered, Intake
Globsyn offers industry relevant PGDM programmes. Below is shared all the key details about the Globsyn PGDM Fees, programmes offered, Globsyn Business School intake for the respective Globsyn PGDM programmes in tabular format:
Globsyn Kolkata PGDM programmes
Globsyn Business School Fees (Rs.in lakhs)
2 Years full time AICTE approved PGDM
2 Years full time PGPM-IB + MBA
2.1 Globsyn PGDM and PGPM-IB+MBA 2022-24: Highlights & Specializations
- PGDM at Globsyn Business School is a 2 year fully residential program. The program is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India)
- Globsyn (PGDM) programme provides for strong curricula based learning and an Indian MBA experience coupled with a wide area of study.
- All future students will now get the opportunity to study real business problems, or learn how to turn an idea into a viable venture through these integrated programmes, which will make them more relevant in the post-COVID-19 business environment.
- Globsyn offers specialization opportunities in Finance, Marketing, Human Resource, Information System, Operations Management
- Global Immersion is an integral part of Globsyn PGPM-IB+MBA programme at Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST). The entire Global Immersion programme is modelled to put into real-life context the entire gamut of management learning that the students have assimilated during their academic discourses.
- PGPM-IB+MBA classes are conducted by international faculty from both developed and developing economies and help the students to get a bird’s-eye view of the globalized economic environment and an experience of integrated learning.
- The PGPM-IB + MBA programme offers Master of Business Administration (MBA) with specialisation in International Business in partnership with MUST.
3. Globsyn Business School Kolkata Placements 2022 & 2021
For two decades, Globsyn Business School (GBS) has positioned itself as India’s Corporate B-School and has had a 100% placement record for its batches since inception. Globsyn has successfully built relations with more than 360 corporates, who have not only recruited its students over the years for Summer Internship Projects and Final Placement, but have also been an integral part of the management curriculum through the Corporate Connect sessions. The students and 3000+ alumni of GBS have earned rich accolades for their achievements and a large number of them are star performers within their organizations. Key highlights of Placement 2022 and 2021 are:
3.1 Globsyn Kolkata Placement 2022: Key Highlights
Globsyn Placements Phase-1ended on a high note in November 2021, as Batch 2020-22 witnessed 600+ job opportunities from 50+ corporates being offered to the students, with two international offers capping the highest and second highest CTC offered spots at 22 LPA and 17.55 LPA, respectively, while the third highest CTC offered standing at an impressive 15.30 LPA. The phase-II of Globsyn placements 2022 is going on. Key placement highlights are
- Placement offers made so far: 600+
- Companies visited so far: 50+
- Highest Salary so far: Rs.22 LPA (International)
- Second Highest Salary: Rs.17.55 LPA (International)
- Highest Domestic Salary so far: Rs.15.30 LPA (National)
- Average Salary so far: Rs.6.10 LPA
3.2 Globsyn Kolkata Placement 2021: Key Highlights
- 100% Placement for the participating batch
- Average Salary: Rs.5 LPA
- Highest Salary: Rs.12 LPA
- Total Offers, Recruiters: 90 recruiters made 1500 offers to 180 students
- Top Recruiters: Amazon, ITC, HDFC, NESTLE, Dabur, HSBC, KPMG, Vodafone, TATA, Zomato, Future Group, PANTALOONS, JIO, Godrej, IMRB, Bandhan Bank, Axis Bank among others
- Top 10 Average CTC: Rs.8.47 LPA
- Top 25 Average CTC: Rs.7.22 LPA
- Top 50 Average CTC: Rs.6.41 LPA
- Top 100 Average CTC: Rs.5.42 LPA
3.3 Top Recruiting Sectors
Students were offered offers in 25 sectors. Out of 1500 offers, 251 job opportunities were from the Financial Services, followed by Information Technology & Services, Food & Beverages, and E-learning at 217, 208 and 178 respectively. The rest of the pie is made up of opportunities from sectors like Fintech, Banking, Consumer Goods, Insurance, E-commerce, Consulting, Education, Media, amongst others.
4. Globsyn Admission 2022: Step by Step Process
Below are shared the important details and key points on Globsyn PGDM Admission 2022, exam accepted and other details about Globsyn admission 2022 process
- Step-1 Exam Accepted: Clear at least one of management entrance tests like the CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT/ ATMA/JEMAT
- Step-2: Appear and pass the Globsyn Aptitude Test (GAT) examination
- Step-3: Apart from the regular walk-in admission process, the MBA aspirants can also access GBS Direct, an integrated portal designed to enable them have a hassle-free admission process into the B-School
- Step-4: Globsyn Kolkata Admission 2022: Final Selection Criteria
Globsyn Business School, Kolkata selection process for PGDM admission 2022 consists of following weightage for different components:
GBS Kolkata Final Selection Component
Percentage of Weightage
Score in CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/ ATMA
Past Academic Performance (X, XII, UG, PG)
Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Extra Curricular, Academic Diversity, Gender Diversity
Step 4.1: Globsyn Cut Offs
- Globsyn cut-offs for admission 2022 for different entrance exams and Globsyn Admission Test (GAT) are 50%ile.
- GBS provides the students with an eclectic mix of academic best practices and avenues to learn Beyond Education
5. Globsyn Kolkata Admission 2022 Application Process: How to Apply?
- Register Yourself Online
- Verify Mobile Number
- Fill Globsyn Admission application form Online
- Applicants need to fill the application form and also need to fill their marks of 10 + 2 + 3 (in any discipline from any university recognized by the UGC / AIU)
- Pay application fee
- Submit the completed application
6. Globsyn Kolkata Eligibility for Admission 2022
Globsyn Business School eligibility for PGDM 2022 admission prescribes following criteria:
- Applicant should have passed bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks in any discipline from a recognized institute/university
- Students in final year of graduation can also apply
Established in 2002, Globsyn Business School (GBS) Kolkata offers much beyond traditional forms of management knowledge dissemination and has moved to research-based delivery framework to create Industry Ready Managers equipped to operate in today's technology-driven business environment. Globsyn Business School (GBS), uses technology to not only supplement the knowledge dissemination system but also to make its students more ‘technology’ aware. Having forayed into education two decades ago, GBS stands on a strong scaffolding of technology that encompasses from getting enrolled in the MBA curriculum weaving a robust academic delivery mechanism and helping students track their own learning using a variety of assessment tools.
GBS has positioned itself as India's only Corporate B-School drawing from the strength and diversity of the fast evolving global corporate world. The new economy background of the school makes it one of the most forward-thinking institutions in India with an edifice
built on Innovation, Research and Technology, coupled with unique initiatives in the form of Knowledge Connect and Corporate Connect. Globsyn Business School Admission 2022 Open-Apply Now
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on Globsyn Business School Kolkata