IIM Kashipur, one of the top 10 IIMs in the country, offers two years full time MBA Analytics program apart from other highly rated MBA and Doctoral programmes. IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics aims to groom and equip future managers with advanced analytical and managerial skills of data analysis to help organizations to arrive at better decisions.
The admission process to IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics programme is open till March 7, 2023. After shortlisting the candidates based on CAT 2022 and other parameters, IIM Kashipur will conduct Online personal Interviews of the shortlisted candidates. The candidates who have appeared in CAT 2022 and/or GMAT after May 1, 2021 can apply for the admission. For MBA Analytics Admission, IIM Kashipur will conduct its own final selection process, instead of participating in Common Admission Process (CAP) 2023.
This article shares key USPs of IIM Kashipur MBA (Analytics) Programme, its fee, placements, admission process, dates and other important details
Table of Contents
- IIM Kashipur: Key Highlights and USPs
- Programmes Offered by IIM Kashipur
- IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics: Programme USPs
- IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics Fee & Seats
- IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics Placements on High Note
- IIM Kashipur Scholarships
- IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply for IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics Admission 2023?
- Important Dates for MBA Analytics Admission 2023
- IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics Admission Criteria 2023
- IIM Kashipur Shortlisting Criteria & Weightage
- IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics Final Admission Process
1. IIM Kashipur Key Highlights and USPs
- 1.1 Highly Ranked: IIM Kashipur Ranking has gone up by 10 places in Govt of India MHRD NIRF Rankings 2022. IIM Kashipur is Ranked # 23 in Govt. of India MHRD NIRF Ranking 2022 among top 125 Management institutes as compared to #33 in Ranking 2021. IIM Kashipur is Ranked #26 in MBAUniverse.com B-School Rankings 2023.
- 1.2 Member of Prestigious Accreditation Bodies: IIM Kashipur is a member of the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and EQUIS (EMFD Quality Improvement System).
- 1.3 IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics Fees: IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics Fees for two years is Rs.18 lakhs. Out of this Rs.29 thousand is refundable deposit
- 1.4 Strong IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics Placements: IIM Kashipur has registered high placements over the years. In placement 2022 IIM Kashipur MBA program and the first batch of MBA Analytics 2020-22 programme have recorded highest salary of Rs.28.82 LPA and average salary of Rs.15.21 LPA. The first batch of IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics 2020-22 was well received by corporate sector
- 1.5 MBA Degree Course instead of Diploma: IIM Kashipur is now empowered with the legal authority to award MBA degree instead of Post graduate diploma.
- 1.6 Improving Gender Diversity: IIM Kashipur has supernumerary seats in its management programme for girl students. This is an additional approved intake only for girl students
- 1.7 International Exchange: IIM Kashipur has student exchange tie-ups with top business schools across the globe like Aalborg University, Denmark; Alba Graduate Business School, Greece; ESDES, Lyon, France; Linnaeus University, Sweden; Salford University, UK
- 1.8 Centres of Excellence: IIM Kashipur has established three centres of excellence namely Centre of Excellence on Public Policy and Government (COEPPG); Design Innovation Centre (DIC); and Foundation for Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development (FIED)
- 1.9 Strong IIM Kashipur Alumni Network: IIM Kashipur has a rich alumni network of young management professionals from diverse backgrounds.
- 1.10 Partnered with Top Organizations: IIM Kashipur has partnered with LIC, ONGC, IOC, IGNFA, BEL, NADP, NPIU, SCERT
- 1.11 Well Experienced & Qualified Faculty: IIM Kashipur has well-qualified internal faculty complemented by carefully selected adjunct faculty with considerable industry or domain expertise.
- Student Driven Campus: IIM Kashipur is a student driven campus – from placements to functional work, from academic to non-academic activities, there is a student body for each discipline
- 1.12 Well Equipped Campus: IIM Kashipur 200-acre campus is well equipped with ultra modern facilities,wi-fi enabled, rich library, well lighted and ventilated AC class rooms, Hostel campus, medical facilities, sports facilities, cafeteria and mess among others.
2. IIM Kashipur Programmes Offered
IIM Kashipur offers following programmes:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Administration in Analytics (MBA Analytics)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Executive Development Programmes - Online Certificate Programmes
MBA and MBA (Analytics) are full time two-year residential flagship programmes of IIM Kashipur.
Keeping the legacy of IIMs in curriculum and pedagogy, the MBA Analytics at IIM Kashipur is commensurate with the high standards of the MBA Analytics program offered at other top IIMs like IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta among others.
3. IIM Kashipur MBA (Analytics): Program USPs
Launched in 2020, MBA (Analytics) at IIM Kashipur focuses on grooming its students to acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes for leadership profiles to enable them to seamlessly navigate the ever-changing business landscape. Key USPs of the program are:
- MBA (Analytics) aims to shape the business analytics education and create more data aware managers. The programme is designed to allow the graduating class to contribute across sectors with their specialisation of analytics and data-based management
- The programme equips the participants with astute application-orientation based on a strong foundation of theory and experience from across industries.
- MBA Analytics professionals are in high demand by the top recruiters in India and abroad to solve the various corporate organizational issues and take decisions based on the analysis
- First MBA Analytics 2020-22 batch placement has recorded average salary of Rs.15.21 LPA and highest salary of Rs.28.82 LPA.
- Top recruiters in IIM Kashipur placement included Accenture, Crayon data, Global Analytics, Exl Analytics, Convergytics, Mu Sigma, Fractal Analytics, AbsoluteData, Manthan, Brillio
- The MBA Analytics at IIM Kashipur is divided into six terms; three terms in the first year and three terms in the second year. Each term is of around eleven weeks’ duration.
- IIM Kashipur nurtures the key skills in students through a balanced mix of academics, industry exposure and co-curricular activities.
- The program provides a comprehensive learning environment to cope with the increasing demand for complex data analysis to help organizations to make better business decisions
- The program helps the students to understand the necessary principles of different forms of analytics (descriptive, predictive and prescriptive) to facilitate decision-making in practical business settings
- With MBA (Analytics) at IIM Kashipur, students will acquire and use advanced analytical as well as managerial skills to evaluate uncertain and dynamic business environment and to make effective decisions
- The program will help students to develop the ability to communicate business information to decision makers and policymakers
4. IIM Kashipur MBA (Analytics) Fee
For the 2023-25 Batch of IIM Kashipur MBA (Analytics), the programme fee is Rs.18 lakhs. This includes Rs.29 thousand refundable deposit.
4.1 IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics Seats
IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics intake is 60 seats
5. IIM Kashipur MBA (Analytics) Placements on High Note
Although MBA Analytics at IIM Kashipur has recently been launched, the placement for the first 2020-22 batch has concluded on high note alongwith IIM Kashipur MBA programme. High placement trends at IIM Kashipur offer good final placement opportunities for the students of the MBA (Analytics) program. The companies have hired the Analytics professionals to get the best suggestions and actions based on Business Data Analysis and scientifically arrived future predictions.
5.1 IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics Placement 2022: Key Highlights
- The first batch of IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics passed out in 2022
- IIM Kashipur conducted combined placements for MBA and MBA Analytics 2020-22 Batch
- 322 eligible students participated in Placement 2022
- Highest Salary was Rs.28.82 LPA in Placement 2022
- Average Salary has gone up at Rs.15.21 LPA
- Median Salary has gone up at Rs.14.82 LPA
- IIM Kashipur witnessed 150+ recruiters offering 365 offers to the students who participated in placements
- 60+ New Recruiters participated in IIM Kashipur Placement 2022 season
- Number of PPOs increased to 53 in placement 2022 from 36 last year
- IT & Analytics emerged as the top recruiting sector with 39% placements followed by BFSI with 30% placements
- The unique feature in the process was the diversity of profiles offered to the students.
- Prominent recruiters at IIM Kashipur Placement 2022 included Accenture, Bain Capability, Capgemini, Deloitte, Infosys, Wipro, KPMG, ICICI Bank, IDFC Bank, L&T, HDFC Bank, ZS among others
6. IIM Kashipur Scholarship for MBA Analytics
IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics scholarship Scheme details are as below
6.1 Full tuition fee waiver: This will be provided under three types of scholarship to first-year and second-year students of MBA (Analytics) Program:
- Need-based Scholarship
- Merit-based Scholarship
- Need-cum-merit based scholarship
The scholarship will be open for all categories of students, including SC/ST/NC-OBC/DAP/EWS.
6.2 Need-based and need-cum-merit based scholarships: It will be given only to students whose total family income from all sources does not exceed Rs.5,00,000 in the last financial year.
6.3 Only One Scholarship: A student who has received financial assistance/scholarship under any other scheme of the institute or the Government will not be eligible for any of the need and merit-based scholarships.
6.4 Review by IIM Kashipur: Institute will review financial aid programme from time to time, considering such things as any changed student or family circumstances, institutes resources and demand.
7. IIM Kashipur MBA (Analytics) Admission Eligibility 2023
In order to be eligible to apply for MBA (Analytics) program at IIM Kashipur, a candidate must possess:
- A full-time Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline or an equivalent academic qualification with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% for SC/ST/DAP)
- Must have taken one of the following qualifying exam and scored well:
- Valid Score in CAT-2022
GMAT exam (Taken on or after May 1, 2021) and have scored well
8. How to Apply for IIM Kashipur MBA (Analytics) Admission 2023?
- Desirous candidates need to submit online application with all the required documents in the form of attachments as required on or before February 28, 2023.
- The application fee is Rs 1500/- for General category and Rs 750/- for candidates belonging to NC-OBC/SC/ST/DAP/EWS categories
9. Important Dates for MBA (Analytics) Admission 2023
Admission Process Activity
|Last Date of Submission of Online Application||March 7, 2023|
Shortlist Announcement (Tentative)
Personal Interviews (Tentative)
Admission Offers (Tentative)
Mid of May 2023
Last Week of June, 2023
First week of July 2023
Timelines may change
10. IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics Admission Criteria 2023
IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics Admission Process 2023 comprise of the following stages
Stage 1: Candidates have to submit online application with all the required documents in the form of attachments as required in the online application form and pay the application fee (Rs 1500 for General category and Rs. 750 for candidates belonging to NC-OBC/SC/ST/DAP/EWS categories)
Stage 2: Candidates will be shortlisted based on their Qualifying Exam Score (CAT-2022/ GMAT), educational background (Marks obtained in X, XII and Graduation Degree), work experience, discipline diversity, and gender diversity.
Stage 3: Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for a Personal Interview. Online Personal Interviews will be conducted.
11. IIM Kashipur Shortlisting Criteria & Weightage
IIM Kashipur will shortlist the candidates for final selection round on the basis of following criteria and will award weightage to each component.
|S. No.||Components||Weight*||Method of Scoring|
|1||Qualifying Exam Score (QE)||20||If QE = “CAT” then QE = CAT percentile *20 Else|
|If QE = “GMAT” then QE = GMAT percentile *20|
|2||Class X Marks (XM)||10||XM = (Candidate’s Class Scores/100)*10||X||Percentage|
|3||Class XII Marks (XIIM)||10||XIIM=(Candidate’s Class Scores/100)*10||XII||Percentage|
|4||Graduation Marks (GM)||20||Graduation Marks (in Percentage)||Weight (X)|
|50- 60 (Both Included)||4|
|5||Work Experience (WE)||10||Work Experience (in||Weight (X)|
|Less than 6 months||0|
|6 months-12 months||2|
|Greater than 12 months-18 months||5|
|Greater than 18 months||10|
|Greater than 24 months-30 months||10|
|Greater than 30 months-36||5|
|Greater than 36 months||2|
|Where number of months of work experience is considered till the last date of application. Indicate only paid and full-time work experience, acquired after completing the Bachelor’s Degree. (Apprenticeship, Articleship, Internship, etc., which form an integral part of a course study, should not be treated as work experience).|
|6||Discipline Diversity (DD)||2.5||IF Discipline = Non-engineering (non-BE/ non-|
|BTech) DD = 2.5; ELSE DD = 0|
|7||Gender Diversity (GD)||7.5||IF (Gender = Female or Transgender) GD = 7.5;|
|ELSE GD = 0;|
12. IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics Final Admission Process
After submission of application for IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics, the selection process as under will be followed:
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their Qualifying Exam Score (CAT-2022/ GMAT), educational background (Marks obtained in X, XII and Graduation Degree), work experience, discipline diversity, and gender diversity
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for a Personal Interview. Online Personal Interviews will be conducted
- Announcement of the final merit list under any category shall be in order of merit based on the total score
- Admission Offers will be sent after the announcement of final merit list.
12.1 Final Admission Weightages
Personal Interview Score
12.2. Documents Required for IIM Kashipur MBA in Analytics Admission 2023
The following documents need to be kept ready as they may be required any time during the admission process for further verification.
• Caste Certificate (NC-OBC/SC/ST/DAP certificate), if applicable
• NC-OBC Certificate not more than six months old as on the interview date
• EWS supporting document as per GoI norms
• SSC/10th Std/Equivalent Marksheet
• HSC/12th Std/Equivalent Marksheet
• Graduation Degree Marksheet/Degree
• Proof of Work Experience
IIM Kashipur commenced operations from July 2011 under the mentorship of IIM Lucknow. The institute offers MBA and MBA (Analytics), both are two year full time residential programs. The rigorous curriculum seeks to instil a passion for knowledge and ability to apply that knowledge to real life scenarios. The programs lay emphasis on all-round personality development and inculcates the values of leadership and integrity. Like the admission process for 2023-25 batch, IIM Kashipur MBA Analytics Admission 2024 is likely to remain same.
IIM Kashipur is located in one of the most densely industrialized regions in the country with over 180 industries having plants in and around the region and many more coming up. This places the institute at a vantage point when it comes to ‘Learning by Doing’ via frequent industry interactions and live projects.
The Institute also offers a two year weekend Executive Post Graduate Program (EPGPM) for working executives. Fellow Program in Management (FPM) and Executive Fellow Program (EFPM) are the two doctoral programs launched in 2015 and 2014 respectively.The faculty at IIM Kashipur represent the best mix of academic and industrial experiences.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IIM Kashipur