Indian Institute of Management Rohtak, welcomed its incoming 13th batch of flagship PGP 2022-24 program with 351 students and organized a 3 day Orientation Workshop from 9th July to 11th July, 2022. The incoming PGP batch represents 25 States and has 210 women students. The orientation workshop was attended by 351 new students along with the esteemed guests and faculty members.
Apart from Prof. Dheeraj Sharma, Director of IIM Rohtak and faculty members who welcomed the batch, the orientation ceremony saw many eminent speakers sharing their life experiences and motivating the students. The chief guest on the occasion was Shri Girish Chandra Murmu, Hon’ble Comptroller and Auditor General of India and the guests of honour and other eminent speakers included Dr. Satya Pal Singh, Hon’ble Member of Parliament; Shri Rajesh Khullar, Executive Director, World Bank; Shri Narendra Singru, Country Director, Asia Development Bank; Shri Sanjay Kumar, Secretary, Youth Affairs, Govt. of India; Lt. Gen. Sukhdeep Sangwan, PVSM, AVSM, SM (Retd.); Maj. Gen. Rajendra Sachdev, Additional Director General, Opns Logistics, Indian Army; Shri Sandeep Girotra, President and Group CHRO, DCM Shriram; Shri Srikanth Srinivasan, AVP and Group Head, Wipro; Ms. Shraddha Pradhan, Vice President, ICICI Lombard among others
IIM Rohtak PGP 2022-24 Batch Profile: Key Highlights
- Total Batch Size: 351 students
- Women Students: 210
- Students with Work Experience: 25%
- Age of the Batch: 21 to 25 years
- Batch comprises students from multiple Academic Disciplines
- Batch Represents 25 States
Rising Gender Diversity in New Batch
IIM Rohtak has been at the forefront of achieving gender diversity. The incoming PGP 2022-24 batch comprises of 60% female students. Out of the total 351 students, there are 210 women students from various back grounds.
Academic Diversity in PGP 2022-24 Batch
Academic Diversity is another aspect of IIM Rohtak new PGP 2022-24 batch. The incoming batch is a good mix of academic diversity with students from Engineering, Commerce, Economics, Management, Humanities, and applied sciences backgrounds. IIM Rohtak has been able to present the diversified batch consecutively for several years with the help of various outreach programmes conducted by the institute.
Work Experience of the Batch
The incoming PGP 2022-24 batch at IIM Rohtak comprises 25% students with professional work experience in diverse industries.
Age of the Students in New Batch
Majority of the students in IIM Rohtak PGP 2022-24 batch are between the age of 21 and 25 years, making it a young batch with good professional experience.
Cultural Diversity of the Batch
The 13th PGP batch at IIM Rohtak represents almost the entire country. With a representation from 25 states, the students in the new batch not only reflect a healthy combination from all parts of the country but will also enhance the cultural diversity at the campus.
Welcoming the students, Prof. Dheeraj Sharma, Director IIM Rohtak congratulated the 13th batch of PGP and encouraged them to start the new journey on a positive note and said, “Today, IIM Rohtak is the largest IIM in the country with an astounding and astonishing record of research. We are the first IIM to introduce a course on ‘Indian Knowledge System’ in the core curriculum that will expose the students with the concepts of Indian Culture and history. It will bring the participants closer to their cultural ethos, while expanding their intellectual horizons.”
IIM Rohtak to Start One Week Rural Immersion Program
Prof Dheeraj Sharma also informed the new batch that “IIM Rohtak is also starting a rural Immersion Program that will allow students to spend a week in the rural households closely observing the lives of the people that will help them develop an understanding of the economy of India.”
Chief Guest & Eminent Speakers share Life Experiences
On each of the three days of Orientation Ceremony, the real life leaders shared their experiences and motivated the incoming batch
- On the day-1 of the inauguration ceremony, July 9, the Chief Guest, Shri Girish Chandra Murmu, Hon’ble Comptroller and Auditor General of India advised the students to focus on integrity, accountability, and transparency, as these are the cornerstone of any venture or profession and said, "You are tomorrow’s business leaders and will play a major role in corporate governance, inclusive growth, and development of the economy. It becomes your responsibility to use your skill, talent, and capability to identify and create strategies and projects that will have an impact on the urgent social, psychological and ecological problems and make a positive contribution towards shaping an inclusive society.”
- Dr. Satyapal Singh, Hon’ble Member of Parliament, congratulated the students for realizing their dreams and joining IIM Rohtak and said, “To become successful, one should never cease to be a student in life, breath and practice every day to walk out as a successful manager and shining policy maker, and finally, live in the present and be happy in life.”
- Shri Rajesh Khullar, Executive Director, World Bank, said, “May you all soon discover what your passion in life is and identify what it is that you would like to accomplish in 20 years from now. It helps one to identify the purpose of their life.”
- Shri Narendra Singru, Country Director, Asia Development Bank advised the students to absorb knowledge and use it to create new ideas and said, “Any recruiting organization wants to know whether you are suitable to do the work they want. Hence, what the organsation is looking for is the key to ensuring a successful application for a job role.”
The day-2 of the induction program included panel discussions on the topic ‘Development and Progress in the VUCA World’. Participating in the discussions were Shri Sanjay Kumar, Secretary, Youth Affairs, Govt. of India, Lt. Gen. Sukhdeep Sangwan, PVSM, AVSM, SM (Retd.), Maj. Gen. Rajendra Sachdev, Additional Director General, Opns Logistics, Indian Army, Shri Sandeep Girotra, President and Group CHRO, DCM Shriram, Shri Srikanth Srinivasan, AVP and Group Head, Wipro Ltd, and Ms. Shraddha Pradhan, Vice President, ICICI Lombard, among others.
- Shri Sanjay Kumar, Secretary, Youth Affairs, Govt. of India, stated that the modern day’s acronym ‘VUCA’ has characterized the world ever since the beginning of civilization. However, unlike in the past, a deep understanding of human behavior's volatility, complexity, ambiguity, and uncertinity has almost become indispensable today.
- Lt. Gen. Sukhdeep Sangwan, said that a successful manager is one who explores the un-explored area and aligns his own interest with the perception of the team.
- Referring to the COVID situation, Maj. Gen. Rajendra Sachdev, Additional Director General, Opns Logistics, Indian Army mentioned that ambiguity is the predominant element in the VUCA matrix. It led to major changes and challenges in operation preparedness and forced preservation to provide aid to civil society during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Shri Sandeep Girotra, President and Group CHRO, DCM Shriram said that committing a mistake is fine as long as the same mistake is not repeated twice. People who commit mistakes are the ones who are trying.
- Shri Srikanth Srinivasan, AVP and Group Head, Wipro talked about the uncertainties in the VUCA situation and how one can fight such complex situations as an individual.
The day-3 of the induction and orientation programme had the presence of eminent speakers like Shri Ronnie Screwvala, Chairman & Co-Founder Upgrad; Shri Indresh Kumar, a prominent social thinker.
Established in 2010 as one of the six new IIMs, IIM Rohtak is now a well-respected brand in academia and industry. It is the only IIM in the Delhi-NCR region. It has been ranked #28 in Govt of India NIRF Ranking 2021 and is ranked #18 in MBAUniverse.com B-School Rankings 2022, among top 100 management institutes in India
IIM Rohtak aims to build the leaders of tomorrow by imparting knowledge with a uniqu e cross-functional perspective. The institute is involved in several important public policy research projects with various government bodies such as the Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, among others.
IIM Rohtak offers Post-Graduate Programme (PGP) in Management, 5 year Integrated Programmes in Management (IPM) leading to award of BBA+MBA degree, Executive Post Graduate Program for Executives (EPGPX) and Doctoral Programme in Management (DPM).
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IIM Rohtak
- IIM Ahmedabad Welcomes Largest PGP Batch of 397 students and PGP-FABM Batch of 47 Students
- IIM Bangalore welcomes 480 students for PGP, 45 students for MBA Business Analytics Batch of 2022-24
- IIM Indore Inaugurates Diverse PGP & PGP-HRM 2022-24 Batch with 627 Students
- IIM Kozhikode Welcomes 475 students for PGP, 39 students for PGP-LSM & PGP-Finance with 46% Female Students and Non-Engineers
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Inaugurates 57th MBA (IB) Batch 2022-24 with 419 Students
- SPJIMR Commences PGDM 2022-24 Batch
- IIM Bodh Gaya MBA 2022-24 Batch Profile
- IIM Udaipur inaugurates 2022-24 MBA Batch
- IIM Rohtak Welcomes MBA 2022-24 Batch of 351 students
- IIM Raipur Welcomes MBA 2022-24 Batch of 331 students
- IMT Ghaziabad welcomes 632 Students for PGDM Batch of 2022-24
- FORE School of Management Welcomes 400 students for its PGDM 2022-24 programs
- BIMTECH holds Commencement Day 2022, 300 Students join PGDM 2022-24 batch