Are you looking for MBA or PGDM program in fast growing Financial Services & Insurance sector? Do you want to do a specialized MBA/PGDM program, and not any regular MBA? Then, consider IIRM – a pioneering Institution offering programmes in Financial Services, Insurance, Actuarial Science, and allied verticals. IIRM is promoted by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), a regulatory body under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Finance, Government of India, and the Government of Telangana with the sole aim of developing an employable workforce.
IIRM Hyderabad offers PGDM program which is recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.IIRM Students get placements in top companies like IBM, Wells Fargo, Accenture, Kotak Life Insurance, HDFC Ergo and S&P Global. IIRM Hyderabad PGDM Admissions 2021 are currently open for a few days. IIRM Hyderabad Admissions 2021 is currently open. Apply now.
To know more about IIRM Hyderabad USPs, it’s Infrastructure, Fees, Admission Process, continue reading.
Let us start with key USPs of IIRM Hyderabad
- Board of Directors: The Board of Directors of IIRM is headed by Dr. Subash C. Khuntia, IAS (Retd.), Chairman, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
- Academic Council: IIRM has constituted an Academic Council with Industry experts in the field of Finance, Insurance, and Actuarial sciences.
- Top Infrastructure & Facilities: The Institute has state-of-the-art lecture halls, an IT Lab, Knowledge Centre, and a seminar hall equipped with modern audio and video systems.
- Location – Near ISB Hyderabad: IIRM Hyderabad is located in the Financial District, Gachibowli, Hyderabad. This is very near ISB Hyderabad campus and also head offices of top financial sector companies.
- Good Placements: IIRM Hyderabad Students get placements in top companies like IBM, Wells Fargo, Accenture, Kotak Life Insurance, HDFC Ergo and S&P Global. There is a dedicated career advancement cell, which mentors students through varied processes of training to perform well in any of the industry assignments.
Speaking about the USPs of IIRM Hyderabad, Dr. T. Narasimha Rao Managing Director & Professor, IIRM says, “The Institute of Insurance and Risk management (IIRM) is an effort in the direction of establishment of an Institute of Global Standards, catering to all
aspects of Financial Services. It has been conceived as a Centre of Excellence for advanced Research and Training in the areas of Financial Services, Insurance, Risk Management, Pension Fund Management, Actuarial Science, Analytics and the other needs of the Indian economy.”
IIRM Hyderabad Academic Council
Who’s who from Indian Financial Sector are on the academic council of IIRM. Check list below:
- Mr. N.M. Govardhan Actuary & Former Chairman, LIC of India
- Dr. V. Ravi Head-Centre of Excellence in Analytics, IDRBT
- Dr. S.R. Subba Rao Economist & Professor
- Mr. Sudhin Roy Chowdhury Ex-Member (Life), IRDAI
- Mr. Praveen Gupta Ex-MD & CEO, Raheja QBE General Insurance Co.
- Dr. S. Prakash Managing Director, Star Health & Allied Insurance Co.
- Dr. Prakash Bakshi Economist & Former Chairman, NABARD
- Ms Yegna Priya Bharat CGM (Non-Life), IRDAI
- Dr. Mamta Suri CGM (F&A), IRDAI
- Ms J. Meena Kumari CGM (Inspection), IRDAI
- Mr. G. Srinivasan Director, National Insurance Academy, Pune
- Mr. M.R. Kumar President, Insurance Institute of India
- Dr. T. Narasimha Rao Professor & MD, IIRM
IIRM Hyderabad PGDM Program
In 20215, IIRM launched a Two year PG Diploma in Management (PGDM), with a combination of electives offering opportunities to the candidates to occupy managerial positions in the areas of Finance, Financial Services, Insurance, Risk Management, Analytics, Actuarial Science etc. These courses are reviewed by Academic Governing Council which consists of experts of the industry. IIRM Hyderabad PGDM program is recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
Here are key program highlights:
- PGDM Course is spread over four semesters in two Years
- During the First year the focus is on general management subjects
- In the second year students can opt from an array of specializations to further their knowledge in areas of their interest
- The Institute facilitates internships which provides opportunity for practical Industry insights
- The curriculum is regularly updated to meet dynamic needs of the industry and academic world
- The Courseware is integrated strongly with IT platforms
Now let’s look at course structure and specializations.
IIRM PGDM Course Structure
General Management Subjects (Sem-I)
Specialization in area of interest
Specialization in area of interest (Sem-II)
Industry Oriented Experiential Learning
Industry Oriented Experiential Learning
Guest Lectures & Webinars
Guest Lectures & Webinars
IIRM PGDM Specializations
- Financial Services & Banking
- Risk Management
- International Marketing
- Actuarial Science
- Data Science & Analytics
IIRM Hyderabad PGDM Admission Eligibility
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks in any discipline.
- Candidates must also have a valid score in any of these entrance exams: CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT/ATMA/CMAT/State CETs/IIRMCET.
- Students writing their final year/semester exams can also apply.
- Admission will be based on academic record, test scores and personal interview.
IIRM Hyderabad PGDM Selection Criteria
- The Institute considers the score of CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/GMAT/ATMA/IIRMCET exam for shortlisting candidates.
- The shortlisting, is followed by Personal Interview.
- The aggregate of the above procedure will be concidered for the final selection process.
IIRM Hyderabad Students get placements in top companies like IBM, Wells Fargo, Accenture, Kotak Life Insurance, HDFC Ergo and S&P Global. See detailed list below.
Placement Office at IIRM acts as an interface between the Institute and the Industry. Based on the valuable inputs from the Industry Mentors, those inputs are adopted looking at the potential development of the pursuant students on campus and future prospects. As per the need, the inputs are made part of the curriculum, special training/workshops, and Pre-Placement Training in grooming students for their Industry preparedness (for first year’s) and Industry Readiness (for final years). Major thrust is on enhancing their employability skills and achieve good placement in various industries depending on their performance and merit at various levels.
IIRM Hyderabad One Year PGCM
IIRM also offers Post Graduate Certificate in Management (PGCM), a one year program approved by AICTE. It is a professional program combining formal learning with practical nuances.
IIRM PGCM are offered in following Specializations:
- Business Analytics
- RM / GI / IP & LI: The PGCM in Risk Management, General Insurance and Investment Planning & Life Insurance are being offered by the Institute from its inception.
- Actuarial Science: PGCM (AS) offers domain knowledge in the fascinating world of Actuaries.
- Analytics and Actuarial Science: PGCM (A & AS) is unique combination of Analytics and Actuarial Science.
So, if you are looking for MBA or PGDM program in fast growing Financial Services & Insurance sector or want to do a specialized MBA/PGDM program, consider IIRM PGDM.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IIRM Hyderabad