MICA, a premier management institute for Strategic Marketing and Communication, concluded final placement 2023 achieving yet again 100 percent placement for its large PGDM-C and PGDM 2021-23 batch. More than 70 companies participated in Placements 2023 at MICA and set new milestones with a 6% increase in the average salary and 11% increase in the median salary.
Congratulating the students for their exceptional performance, MICA has shared, “MICA has successfully concluded its final placement season, adding another feather of success to one of the top B-Schools in the country. Esteemed organisations did not just exhibit trust in the caliber of the students by extending worthy offers to the class of 2021-23 of both PGDM-C and PGDM, but also reaffirmed their conviction in the MICAn Edge.” With 70+ marquee recruiters participating in MICA placements, MICA had an excellent placement season, demonstrating the importance of MICA's strong underlying ideas and curriculum.
MICA Final Placements 2023: Key Highlights
- 100% Placements for the PGDM-C and PGDM 2021-23 Batch
- Average salary goes up by 6% at Rs.20.09 LPA in Placement 2023 from Rs.19.01 LPA last year
- Median Salary goes up by 11% at Rs.19 LPA in Placement 2023 from Rs.17.10 LPA last year
- Highest Salary goes down at Rs.36 LPA in Placement 2023 from Rs.57.52 LPA last year
- Gap between MICA Average Salary and Highest Salary narrows down which implies that all the students have been placed at good salary packages
- Average Salary for top 25% goes up at Rs.31.43 LPA
- Total Number of Recruiters were 70+
- Top Recruiters Include Accenture, L'Oreal, Cognizant, Amul, Samsung, Tata
- Companies Participated in Placement 2023 from across the sectors like IT/ITES, FMCG, FMCD, Analytics, Consulting, Retail and others
Top Recruiters in MICA Placements 2023
Some of the prominent recruiters that participated in MICA Placements 2023 are Accenture, Adani, Amul, Cognizant, GSK, ICICI Bank, TATA, Yes Bank among others as shared below
Sector-Wise Placements at MICA
While FMCG and IT/ITES emerged as the top recruiting sectors, Analytics, BFSI, Consulting was the next group of top recruiting sectors in terms of number of offers and highest salary. Key details are below
- Analytics, BFSI, Consulting: With 39 offers and highest salary of Rs.36,00,000 and average salary of Rs.23,04,030, Analytics, BFSI & Consulting sector emerged as another top recruiting segment
- IT/ITES: With 31 offers and highest salary of Rs.34,66,928 and average salary of Rs.19,51,925, IT/ITES has emerged as top recruiting sector
- FMCG: FMCG is the next top recruiting sector with 30 offers. Highest salary offered in FMCG sector was Rs.33,00,000 and average salary was Rs.22,81,034
- Media & Advertising: Coming next as top recruiting segment is Media & Advertising with 25 offers. Highest salary offered in this sector was Rs.21,31,404 and average salary was Rs.16,36,512
- FMCD: FMCD sector made 17 offers with highest salary of Rs.27,00,000 and average salary of Rs.21,00,704
- Others: 31 offers were made to the MICA students by other sectors. Highest salary stood at Rs.28,00,000 and average salary was Rs.17,54,648.
MICA Placements: Consistent Record of 100% Placement
MICA has consistently maintained a 100% placement record over many years with a global alumni network. All of this strengthens the institute's reputation as one of the country's top business schools. MICA's final placement season for the year 2023 witnessed the average and median CTC going up. This is testimony to the students who bring in innovative and creative solutions with emphasis on critical thinking, cultural and human quotients. Despite the difficult circumstances created by the epidemic, the institute hosted over 70 companies.
MICA Batch Profile
The PGDM and PGDM-C batches of 2021-23 that participated in MICA Placement 2023 had almost equal number of women and male students and more than 55 percent students from non engineering back grounds and more than 60% students with work experience as detailed below:
Academic Diversity at MICA
- Students with Engineering Back Ground in 2021-23 Batch: 43.1%
- Students from other Diverse Academic Back Ground: 56.9%
Gender Diversity at MICA
- Female Students in the 2021-23 Batch: 49%
- Male Students in the 2021-23 Batch: 51%
Batch Work Experience
- Students with Work Experience: 60.7%
- Freshers: 39.3%
MICA PGDM C & PGDM: 4 Specialization Offered
MICA is the only institute in Asia Pacific dedicated to creating leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication. MICA offers specialization in Advertising & Brand Management, Digital Communication Management, Marketing Analytics, Media & Entertainment Management.
The Core and Foundation courses in Marketing, General Management, Digital, and Media-Advertising are paired with Culture and Communication courses like Communication Theories, Imagining India, and Semiotics to provide a holistic approach to the program. This aids students in comprehending the Indian diaspora, which is essential in marketing.
Industry Relevant Curriculum & Live Projects: Key to High Placements at MICA
MICA's culture is defined by its focus on the knowledge of recent business trends and sensitivities and its high adaptability in terms of the response to the needs of an ever-changing environment through its broad and industry-relevant curriculum. MICA gives students the opportunity to collaborate on several live projects with industry, as well as Summer Internships, to provide them with an industry-aligned approach. These changes allow MICA students to strengthen their analytical and logical skills while also giving them a platform to showcase their creativity and out-of-the-box thinking.
Often called the "Mecca of Marketing, MICA, Ahmedabad is a premier residential institute in the Asia-Pacific region committed to developing strategic marketing, digital transformation, and communication leadership. Its flagship programs, the Post Graduate Diploma in Management–Communications (PGDM-C) and Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), are two-year full-time residential programs approved and authorized by the AICTE and are equivalent to an MBA by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). MICA also offers a one-year Post Graduate Certificate Program in Crafting Creative Communications (CCC) and a four-year Fellow Programme in Management (FPM).
Established in 1991 MICA, Ahmedabad is the first residential institute in the country dedicated to creating Leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication. The B school aims to assure delivery of Strategic Marketing and Communicationsolutions to the industry, government and community. The institute provides specialists in the field of communications management. Its spirit lies in its grasping of contemporariness, addressing the needs of an ever-changing environment.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on MICA Ahmedabad