National Insurance Academy (NIA) is a premier institution with focus upon equipping the insurance industry with the best of management talents through its flagship 2 years full time AICTE approved Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGDM) which is offered at moderate fee. NIA has completed 100% placements for the PGDM 2020-22 batch as early as in December 2021 with high salary packages offered by marquee companies. NIA has close association with the Insurance industry to provide the 'real life' experience to its students in education, training, research and consultancy activities. Almost all the top Insurance companies of India recruit the NIA students for summer internships and during final placements. PGDM admission 2022 at NIA Pune is open. Application can be submitted online with an application fee of Rs.1500/-. Last date to Apply is March 15, 2022.
Read this article below to know why you should consider applying for NIA Pune admission 2022 along with other top B-schools
Table of Contents
- National Insurance Academy (NIA) Pune: Key Highlights and USPs
- NIA Pune Fees, Programmes Offered, Specializations & Intake
- NIA Pune Placement 2021
- NIA Pune PGDM Admission 2022: Step by Step NIA Pune Admission Process
- NIA Pune Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply for NIA Pune Admission 2022
1. National Insurance Academy (NIA) Pune: Key Highlights & USPs
- 1.1 Joint Venture of GoI and Top Insurance Companies: NIA Pune was established in 1980 in Mumbai, jointly by the Ministry of Finance - Government of India; Life Insurance Corporation of India; General Insurance Corporation of India; The New India Assurance Company; National Insurance Company; United India Insurance Company and The Oriental Insurance Company with a mission to turn NIA an institute of excellence in learning and research in Insurance, Pension and allied areas. The Academy was later shifted to Pune on June 4, 1990 with the state-of-the-art facilities for learning and research.
- 1.2 PGDM Catering to Insurance & Risk Management Sector: Initially NIA was dedicated to Management Development Programmes catering to the insurance industry professionals to enhance the management skills. Later, the two year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) was launched to fulfill the growing demand of skilled professionals in Insurance and Risk Management. The PGDM programme at NIA offers dual expertise in management and Insurance.
- 1.3 BoG Comprising Top Insurance Experts and Management Professionals: Board of Governors (BoG) at NIA comprises Chairman, MDs of top Insurance companies in India including Life Insurance Corporation of India; United India Insurance, National Insurance, General Insurance. Top bureaucrats, academics among others are also the part of BoG NIA Pune.
- 1.4 Approvals & Recognitions: PGDM at NIA Pune is AICTE approved and granted MBA equivalence by Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- 1.5 Dual Expertise: NIA provides dual expertise to the PGDM students- one in Insurance and the other in management
- 1.6 Moderate Fee: 2 Years PGDM programme fee at NIA is Rs.9.43 lakhs which is much lower than the fee charged by many good management institutes in India
- 1.7 Good Placements: With close association to Insurance sector, NIA has excellent track record of placement since inception. NIA Has completed 100% Placements for 2020-22 batch with average salary of Rs.10.30 LPA and highest salary of Rs.29.50 LPA.
- 1.8 Top Recruiters: NIA Pune has all the top insurance and risk management companies as its regular recruiters in summer and final placements. Some of the top recruiters include Bajaj Allianz, Bharti Axa, TATA AIG, IFFCO Tokio, Aditya Birla, Marsh India among others. A few students are also selected by International companies like Orient PSJC Insurance Company, Qatar Insurance Company
- 1.9 Top Faculty: NIA’s multi-disciplinary faculty is drawn from the cream of academia as well as the industry. Visiting faculty includes professionals holding significant positions in the industry.
- 1.10 Facility to concurrently Pursue Other Insurance Courses: A good number of students concurrently pursue Insurance courses through CII-UK, CPCU-USA and Actuarial exams of Institute of Actuaries, India giving them a distinctive advantage in placements.
- 1.11 Unique Pedagogy: Pedagogical initiatives at NIA include optimization of diagnostic testing, problem solving, and decision-making techniques.
- 1.12 Well Placed Alumni: Despite being a young management institute, NIA alumni have scaled extraordinary heights through their contribution to organizations
- 1.13 Good Scholarships: NIA awards scholarships to meritorious students, girl students, other eligible students belonging to specified reserved and low income group categories
- 1.14 Industry Interface: The amalgamation of NIA industry and executive training and PGDM programs provides an effective platform to the students for a continuous industry interface
- 1.15 Curriculum as per Industry Demand: PGDM course curriculum is constantly revised according to industry needs and expectation and offers robust and dynamic learning experience. Each student has to complete six trimesters of intense academic work and 8-10 weeks of Summer Internship Program to qualify for the award of PGDM.
- 1.16 NIA Nurturing & Promoting Research & Consultancy: NIA promotes, develops and nurtures research and consultancy activities on institutional and individual basis. Areas of study include accounting, life insurance, general insurance, healthcare management, reinsurance, business economics, banking, investment, turnaround management, financial controls, risk management, regulatory provisions, human resource and organisational behavior, information system, marketing, operation and technology management, strategy and organisation.
2. NIA Pune Fees, Programmes Offered, Specializations & Intake
NIA Pune offers NBA Accredited and AICTE approved PGDM programme. Below is shared the NIA Pune Fees and Intake
NIA Pune Fee
The NIA fee includes tuition fee, professional and incidental expenses towards the conduct of the 2-year program. Hostel & Boarding charges shall be Rs 3,07,000/- for each student for two years
2.1 NIA PGDM Programme Specializations
NIA offers functional electives with specialization in Marketing, Finance, HR or IT.
3. NIA Pune Placements 2022: 100% Placement Over in December 2021
Since inception NIA PGDM has recorded 100% placements. A symbiotic relationship of NIA with the Insurance Industry exists. Most of the Insurance & Reinsurance companies, MNC Brokers, Catastrophe modelling firms, financial firms, Consultancies, and IT companies recruit students from NIA. Students are also placed abroad in countries like Dubai, Mauritius, Malaysia, London, Qatar among others. NIA has completed 100% placement for the batch 2020-22 in December 2021, much ahead of other management institutes where placement 2022 process is still on.
3.1 NIA Placement 2022: Key Highlights
- 100% Placements: All the students of batch 2020-22 placed on Day Zero
- Average Salary: Rs.10,30,000 per annum
- Highest Salary (Domestic): Rs. 27,00,000 per annum
- Highest International Salary: Rs.29,50,000
- PPOs: 27 Students Received Pre-Placement Offers
- Overseas Placements: 8 Students got Placements Abroad
- Top Recruiters: Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co., Tata AIG., GoDigit GI Co., HDFC Ergo, Bharti Axa G Co., SBI Life Insurance CO., ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company., Exide Life Insurance Company, Future Generali, Manipal Cigna HI Co., Aditya Birla HI Co., ICICI Lombard GI Company, Marsh India Insurance Brokers, Aditya Birla Insurance Brokers, Global Insurance Brokers, Anand Rathi Brokers., Policy Bazaar Insurance Brokers, Limitless Insurance Brokers, Swiss RE., Reliance Industries Ltd., Airtel Payment Bank, SE2, Accenture, Cognizant, L&T Infotech, IBM, Infosys among others
4. NIA Pune PGDM Admission 2022: Step by Step NIA Pune Admission Process
NIA Pune Admission process to the PGDM programme is facilitated through a rigorous selection process which requires competitive entrance exam scores, performances in GD-PI and other criteria. Following steps are included in the NIA Pune Admission 2022 process:
- Step 1: Must have appeared in one of the eligible entrance tests, scores of which are accepted by NIA Pune. Acceptable exam scores are CAT 2021, CMAT 2022
- Step 2: The candidate should apply for NIA Pune admission 2022 online before the deadline. The application fee should also be paid online.
- Step 3: Complete and submit the NIA Pune admission application form by the last date
- Step 4: Candidates are short-listed for Group Discussion & Personal Interview (PI) round from among the eligible candidates who have a valid entrance exam score and have applied to the NIA Pune PGDM Admission 2022
- Step 5: After the GD-PI round, admission offers are made by National Insurance Academy Pune to successful candidates. The final selection is based on a diverse set of attributes which includes performance in entrance exam, performance in GD-PI round, academics among others
- Step 6: National Insurance Academy Pune Admission Offer will be made to the candidates on the basis of Final Score arrived after awarding the weightage scores on all the components.
4.1 NIA Pune Admission 2022: GD-PI Centres
The GD & PI shall be conducted at NIA Campus, Pune. However, NIA would conduct the GD & PI in Delhi, Hyderabad, Bengaluru and other major cities in the event of receiving large number of applications from such locations and/or from nearby locations.
4.2 NIA Pune Final Selection Process & Admission Offer
Credit for work experience shall be considered during the Interview process
- Final Selection shall be based on - Past academic record (10th, 12th & Graduation) Performance in CAT 2021/CMAT 2022 and Performance in GD and PI (PI comprises WAT)
- If selected, the candidates will receive the provisional offer letter within 24hrs. Candidates should accept the offer and confirm their seat.
5. NIA PGDM Admission 2022: Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum qualification for admission to the PGDM program at NIA Pune is three years bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in aggregate recognized by UGC or Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Candidates appearing for final year or final semester of their graduate degree examination in academic year 2021-22 are also eligible to apply subject to completion of their examination process by June 30 2022.
- Candidate must appear in one of the MBA entrance exams – CAT 2021, CMAT 2022
6. How to Apply for Admission?
The candidates will have to apply separately at NIA Pune apart from appearing in one or more of the All India management entrance tests like CAT/CMAT. The institute will accept online applications. The admission process followed by the Institute is as per the guidelines of AICTE. The application process is open. Interested applicants can apply now
- Student can apply online.
- The application fee is Rs.1500/-. Fee can be paid online
- Scanned copy of the applicant’s recent, sharp passport size photograph should be uploaded on the application form.
- Please note that without application form filled or application fees paid, students will not be considered for the selection process.
- NIA Pune Admission 2022 Last Date to Apply: March 15, 2022
NIA follows an interventionist approach to help influence practice through its consulting and research. The workshops, seminars and training programmes provide NIA opportunity to update the concepts. This helps NIA to offer the latest solution package to organizations.
The institute is a good place to nurture young minds for a better understanding of the corporate world. NIA students are given a comprehensive understanding of the Indian insurance industry with key inputs on instilling managerial ability. A balance in infusion of core domain strength and managerial expertise is always maintained.
National Insurance Academy has a sprawling 32 acres green campus housing the administrative, academic, hostel and residential facilities. The campus is self sufficient with a Bank, Post Office, Dispensary, Sports, Gymnasium and Swimming Pool facilities.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on National Insurance Academy (NIA) Pune