Applications for SDA Bocconi's 12th Batch of International Master in Business (IMB) 2023-25 are closing on March 20, 2023. IMB, delivered at SDA Bocconi's Asia Center in Mumbai, is a specialized master's program fully equivalent to a postgraduate program that brings to India the expertise and the international standing of SDA Bocconi School of Management, Italy. The program is taught by SDA Bocconi's Global Faculty in Mumbai and includes a 4-month semester in Milan, Italy. Upon completion of the program, the candidates are awarded International Master in Business by SDA Bocconi, Italy.
SDA Bocconi Asia Center Mumbai, offers 3-4 rounds of application submission but to get the admission opportunity in the preferred management program, it is always better to apply in the early rounds as the admission chances go on depleting after each round as the seats get filled up.
SDA Bocconi Asia Center Mumbai, offers International Master in Business (IMB) program which is equivalent to 2 year PGDM/MBA program offered by leading Indian B-schools. One of the program highlights is the opportunity to study cutting edge specializations for 4 months at the Bocconi Italy campus, which is ranked amongst the top global B-schools at #5 in Europe on the Financial Times Global MBA Ranking. Read this indepth MBAUniverse.com article to know about this unique program, placements, international immersion, admission process and more.
Ranked #5th Business School in Europe by Financial Times; Ranked #2 EU for full time MBA Ranking 2022 by The Economist; Ranked #10 QS Global MBA Rankings 2022-Europe
Table of contents
- SDA Bocconi Asia Center & IMB Program – Key highlights & USPs
- SDA Bocconi – Top Global B-school
- SDA Bocconi Asia Center Leadership
- SDA Bocconi International Master in Business (IMB) Program – Overview
- SDA Bocconi Fees
- SDA Bocconi Asia Center Placements 2022
- SDA Bocconi Seats
- SDA Bocconi Faculty, Curriculum, Specialization
- SDA Bocconi Admission Eligibility Criteria 2023
- How to Apply for SDA Bocconi Asia Center Admission: Step by Step Guide
- SDA Bocconi Mumbai Admission Dates
- SDA Bocconi Asia Center Admission Criteria 2023
- Bocconi Test – Exam Structure & Benefits
- SDA Bocconi Final Admission Offer: Key Components & Weightage
1. SDA Bocconi Asia Center& IMB Program: Key highlights & USPs
- 1.1 Highly Ranked: SDA Bocconi is ranked #5 Business School in Europe by Financial Times 2022, #3 European B-Schools for Business & Management 2020, QS World University Ranking and #3 for Faculty Quality by The Economist 2022.
- 1.2 Internationally Accredited: SDA Bocconi is one of the few business schools worldwide to hold the triple crown accreditation - AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA.
- 1.3 SDA Bocconi Asia Center Placements 2023: SDA Bocconi Asia Center has a consistent 100% placement with YoY 20% increase in the average placements. Placement 2023 has recorded an average salary of Rs.14.30 LPA and the highest salary of Rs.39.24 LPA
- 1.4 SDA Bocconi International Immersion: SDA Bocconi offers the opportunity to study cutting edge specializations for 4 months at the Bocconi Italy campus in Milan.
- 1.5 Top Recruiters at SDA Bocconi Campus: Marquee companies including Loreal, Microsoft, AB InBev, Barclays, Unilever, Credit Suisse, EY, KPMG, Deloitte, ZS Associates visited SDA Bocconi for campus placement 2022.
- 1.6 SDA Bocconi Scholarships: SDA Bocconi Asia Center offers up to 80% merit-based tuition waivers to the eligible candidates and also has Scholarship awards for Women in Leadership, Sports and Cultural Arts.
2. SDA Bocconi Milan – Top Global B-school
Here is a quick overview of the International B-school:
- 2.1 Legacy for 50+ years: Established in 1971, SDA Bocconi School of Management is the best international business school in Europe.
- 2.2 International Accreditation: SDA Bocconi is one of the very few business schools in the world to hold the “triple crown” accreditation, which is awarded by three of the most prestigious school accreditation associations worldwide: AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA.
- 2.3 Global MBA Rankings: SDA Bacooni is ranked amongst the top global B-schools at #5 on the prestigious Financial Times Global MBA Ranking - Europe.
- 2.4 Location: Cosmopolitan Milan makes SDA Bocconi an interesting place to be for international students and executives. international students and executives.
3. SDA Bocconi Asia Center Leadership
Alessandro Giuliani is the Managing Director o fthe SDA Bocconi Asia Center. He has worked, set up businesses, and lived in 5 different countries -- Italy, France, Spain, China, and India. He is the Fellow Life Member of Institute of Directors India and on advisory body of many institutions.
Professor David Bardolet is the Dean SDA Bocconi Asia Center, Mumbai. He is an Associate Professor of Practice of Strategy and Entrepreneurship at SDA Bocconi School of Management. He teaches courses in business strategy, corporate strategy and entrepreneurship.His works have been published in Journal of Management, Strategic Management Journal among others. He has won the Bocconi Teaching Excellence Award three times.Professor Bardoletearned a degree in Industrial Engineering from UniversitatPolitècnica de Catalunya in Barcelona (Spain), an MBA from IESE Business School in Barcelona (Spain) and a Ph.D. in Management from the University of California Los Angeles (U.S.).
4. SDA Bocconi International Master in Business (IMB) Program – Overview
IMB is the flagship management program and is the MBA/PGDM equivalent program. It offers great learning experience followed by high career prospects. The IMB program comprises of two 11-month modules, which includes a 4-month specialization semester spent at the Bocconi main campus in Milan, Italy in the second module. Upon completion of the program, participants are awarded a Diploma by SDA Bocconi in Italy. According to SDA Bocconi, “The International Master in Business (IMB) is a specialized master program fully equivalent to a postgraduate program that brings to India the expertise and the international standing of SDA Bocconi School of Management, Italy.”
5. SDA Bocconi Fees
The total fees payable by students for IMB programme is Rs. 18,60,000 + GST. This includes the 4 months tuition fee at Milan, Italy but does not include travel and stay permit expenses at Milan.
6. SDA Bocconi Asia Center Placements 2023 & 2022
At SDA Bocconi Asia Center historically the placements starts by mid-January each year and the full report is available by around the graduation. SDA Bocconi Asia Center has a dedicated Career Development Service that equips students with the necessary skill set to put their best foot forward while appearing for placement interviews. Below are shared the key highlights of SDA Bocconi Asia Center Placements 2023 & 2022:
6.1 SDA Bocconi Placements 2023: Key Highlights
The Interim Placements for IMB class of 2023 were carried out in a hybrid format with various pre-placement talks, shortlisting tests to various interview rounds.
- 71% of students have been already placed out of a total batch of 199.
- Sector-wise highest offers were made from IT/ITES at 35% followed by Consulting/Analytics at 32%
- Function-wise strength was showcased with roles offered in Consulting/strategy at 37%, Marketing & Sales at 21% followed by Finance at 16%
- During the Milan Semester, the candidates also get the opportunity to participate in Bocconi and jobs in Bocconi, Milan (Bocconi job fair)
- Internships & placements are both supported by the School and to make the placement process smoother, the Career Development Services team works on individual profiles
The above data represents salary in lakh pa
6.2 Placements 2022: Key Highlights
SDA Bocconi Asia Center Placements 2022 scaled new heights. The class of 2022 received offers from industries such as FMCG/ FMCD, BFSI, IT/ITES/Telecom, Management Consulting, Manufacturing, Luxury and Retail in functions across Sales & Marketing, Operations and Supply Chain, Finance, Human Resources, Analytics, Strategy and Consulting. Key highlights are:
- Average Salary increased by 22% at Rs.13.74 LPA from Rs.11.4 LPA last year
- Highest salary goes up by 68% at Rs.36.28 LPA from Rs.21.5 LPA last year
- Average salary for the top 25% is 20.5 LPA in Placement 2022
- Average salary for top 50% is 17.20 LPA in Placement 2022
- Total Batch Size: 168 students
- Top Recruiters in Placement 2022 include Microsoft, EY, Zinnov, Nomura, Credit Suisse, L'oreal, H&M, Deloitte, KPMG, ZS Associates, Schindler, Clevertap, Nykaa, OnePlus, Rustomjee, Sugar Cosmetics
- Other prominent recruiters are Aspect Ratio, Infosys, HCL, IDfy, Native, Zenoti, TresVista, Grant Thornton, Buildmyinfra, Credit Suisse, FTCash, Schindler, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, Bahwan Cybertek, Firstsource, CredAble, (GLG), Gartner, GSK, Starfish, Sawo Labs, Thoughtworks, Leegality, KNR Management Consultants, Folkulture, Shortlist Professionals, i95Dev, Riskcovry, TVS Credit, Virtusa Polaris, Tolaram Group among others
- IT /ITES & Consulting, FMCG/Retail emerged as the top recruiting sectors
- Marketing, Consulting remain the highest recruited functions followed by Human resources.
7. SDA Bocconi Seats
SDA Bocconi seats for IMB 2023-25 batch are 240 students.
8. SDA Bocconi Faculty, Curriculum, Specialization
Let us know about each of these three education pillars which have global perspective
SDA Bocconi Asia Center emphasizes upon rigorous inquiry, quality of teaching, independence and respect for individuals. The B-schools has global faculty and staff to ensure that they bring the best of Western and Eastern worlds in the program, with deep knowledge of India’s corporate reality as well as of international best practices in every industry. At present SDA Bocconi Asia Center, Mumbai has 34 core and adjunct faculty members drawn from top Indian and Global institutes and universities.
SDA Bocconi IMB program is built with a combination of theory, case-study methodology, international experiences and corporate exposure. It is specifically designed to create responsible, reliable, and effective business leaders. The program curriculum comprises of two 11-month modules, which includes a 4-month specialization semester spent at the Bocconi main campus in Milan, Italy in the second module. It is an intense experience that maximises learning opportunities in a limited scope of time. It allows students to specialize while offering the experience, the international outlook and the multicultural environment essential for a successful career in a global economy.
SDA Bocconi Asia Center, Mumbai offers specializations in 2nd year of the IMB programme.
The specialization happens during a 4-month semester in Bocconi, Milan where IMB candidates will have the opportunity to choose among a wide variety of specialized courses from different Departments, thus building their own specialized track and study with exchange students that come to Bocconi Milan from different nationalities.
SDA Bocconi Admission Process: Overview
The admission process at SDA Bocconi consists of two stages – Application submission and Final Selection. The details are shared below.
9. SDA Bocconi Admission Eligibility Criteria 2023
SDA Bocconi Mumbai Eligibility Criteria for IMB admission 2023 have following key points:
9.1 SDA Bocconi Eligibility Criteria for Academics
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree or currently in their Final Year with work experience ranging from 0 to 5 years
- SDA Bocconi eligibility criteria for academics is a minimum of 55% marks in 10th, 12th and under graduation and 70% as an average of (10+12+undergraduate)
9.2 SDA Bocconi Eligibility for Entrance Exam Score
For IMB admission 2023, SDA Bocconi Asia Center accepts Bocconi Test, CAT, NMAT by GMAC, GMAT and GRE as given below
Acceptable Exam &Years
NMAT by GMAC
Taken after January 1, 2020
Taken after January 1, 2020
10. How to Apply for SDA Bocconi Asia Center Admission 2023? Step by Step Guide
SDA Bocconi Asia Center application process has a simple application form to apply online for IMB 2023 admission. The application fee of Rs.2700/- should be paid online through any Credit card/Debit card. There is no SDA Bocconi cut-off for applying for IMB admission 2023.
To complete your SDA Bocconi Application process, you need a scanned copy/images of your photo, signature, Mark-sheets of previous academic examinations (10th, 12th and Graduation); score card of acceptable entrance exams (If not taking Bocconi Entrance Test) to be uploaded in your Application or emailed to the Admissions email id.
10.1 Step by Step Guide to Apply
You can complete and submit the SDA Bocconi application process in 3 simple Steps:
- Step 1: Start Your Application
- Step 2: Complete the form, Upload the available documents (or email) and Submit it.
- Step 3: After submission, you will be redirected to the payment gateway where you have to pay the application fee of INR 2700.
11. SDA Bocconi Mumbai Admission 2023: Last Date to Apply-March 20
SDA Bocconi has invited application for IMB admission 2023. Candidates seeking admission to International Master in Business (IMB) program at SDA Bocconi Asia Center can apply on the basis of their NMAT, CAT, GMAT, GRE test scores or can appear in ‘The Bocconi Entrance Test’ – own entrance test of SDA Bocconi Asia Center, Mumbai. The earlier you apply, the more are your admission chances. Deadline to apply for admission 2023 is March 20, 2023
12. SDA Bocconi Asia Center Admission Criteria 2023
SDA Bocconi Asia Center admission process comprises of following stages.
- Stage-1: Appear in MBA Entrance Test
- Stage-2: Apply for SDA Bocconi Admission 2023
- Stage-3: Check SDA Bocconi Shortlist Criteria: Based on Entrance exam score & Profile. There is no SDA Bocconi cut off and candidates with scores around the preferred/safe scores with outstanding profile factors might get shortlisted for the PI round.
- Stage-4: Participate in SDA Bocconi Mumbai Selection Criteria: Consists of PI Round
- Stage-5: Check Merit List: SDA Bocconi Final Merit list is generated based on Overall Profile, Academic Consistency, Entrance Test Scores, Extracurricular Activities, and performance in Personal Interviews. Check Details below
13. Bocconi Test – Exam Structure & Benefits
SDA Bocconi Asia Center, Mumbai will conduct its own entrance test ‘The Bocconi Entrance Test’ for admission 2023. Salient features of the exam and key benefits of appearing in Bocconi Test are:
- You can apply for the Bocconi test while filling up the application form at SDABAC’s website
- No additional fee is to be paid for taking up the Bocconi Test
- The test is normally scheduled within two weeks of applying and results are declared within a week of taking the test
- You can appear in Bocconi Test even if you have taken other entrance exams
- It is a computer adaptive test
- The test does not penalize with negative marking for wrong answer
- The test expects more from the candidate if he/she marks a right answer i.e. the test will adjust the level of difficulty according to the response provided by the candidate.
- The Bocconi test is relatively different from its counterparts as it tests a candidate not just on hardcore aptitude concepts but also on workplace adaptability
13.1 Bocconi Test: Sectional Composition
13.2 Benefits of Taking Bocconi Test
- You need not worry if you have missed the CAT, XAT or other exams. However, timely submission of application will make you eligible to appear in Bocconi Test.
- While evaluating the overall profile of the candidate, SDA Bocconi Asia Center takes into consideration a candidate’s best test score. So, Bocconi Test is a good shot for those who have not achieved a benchmark score in other tests
- In case of low scores or If you have not taken other entrance tests, you can apply to the IMB program directly by taking the Bocconi Entrance test without paying any feeas it is part of SDA Bocconi application form
- The test schedule and process is sent to the candidates via email after they submit application for admission.
- The test features a constantly updating question bank without negative marking
14. SDA Bocconi Final Admission Offer: Key Components & Weightage
In its final selection process, SDA Bocconi will award due weightage to following components:
14.1 Academic Abilities
Candidates with good academic background will have an advantage in the selection process. They will be evaluated on their Soft skills and talents, such as enthusiasm, ability to listen, concentration, involvement, responsibility and motivation.
14.2 Entrance Test Scores
Applicants must also score well on admission test scores (CAT, GMAT, GRE, NMAT by GMAC or Bocconi test).A high test score is desirable, but an average score could be compensated by the candidate’s excellence in other areas.
14.3 Extra-Curricular Activity
Management experience, leadership potential, social work, entrepreneurial experience, communication skills, creativity, art, sports and involvement in the community are considered in the final selection process.
14.4 Personal Interview
In the Personal Interviews candidates are evaluated on multiple parameters such as problem-solving skills, communication, and overall profile.
14.5 Pay Fee on Getting Final Admission Offer
Final admission results are communicated to the accepted candidates in writing via email through an offer letter along with the acceptance date. The tuition waivers or scholarship are also part of the same offer letter. Candidates have to accept the offer before the expiry of the enrolment date and pay the admission fee.
In case of non-acceptance, the candidates cannot apply in the later rounds. Deferment may be requested by the candidate for the next year, but confirmation of admission is at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
SDA Bocconi School of Management, Italy is a leading institution in management training with a legacy of over 50 years. The School’s mission is to help individuals, companies, and institutions grow by promoting managerial culture, knowledge, and innovation. Wide offering of MBA programmes is aimed at professionals from all over the world and from all sectors of the economy. SDA Bocconi is among the leading Business Schools in Europe and is among the very few institutes to have gained the triple accreditation – EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB which puts it in the élite of Business Schools worldwide. Apply Now for SDA Bocconi Asia Center MBA Admissions
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on SDA Bocconi Asia Center, Mumbai