With dual accreditation of EFMD-EPAS and ACBSP, the 2 years Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) at SDMIMD makes all efforts to groom industry ready business leaders. SDMIMD students get dual specialization in PGDM – an opportunity which is not available in most of the B-schools. The institute offers learning from various corporate sectors. Sharing this one of the USPs of SDMIMD, Dr N.R. Parasuraman, Director SDMIMD said, ‘Supplementary offerings with NSE, AIMA, KPMG are the great opportunity for the SDMIMD students.” SDMIMD Mysore Admissions 2020 - Apply Now
Apart from giving due weightage to entrance exam score, the final selection of candidates at SDMIMD is based on the complete profile of the students. The deadline to submit application for admission at SDMIMD closes on February 28, 2020.
Profile Plays Important Role in Admission
Despite the fact that a candidate has to score well in the entrance exam for PGDM admission, the performance in the entrance exam is not the sole criterion for admission at SDMIMD. Candidate’s profile plays an important role in selection process.
According to Prof. L. Gandhi, Chairperson- Admissions at SDMIMD, “Though, management competitive exam score is one of the significant components in selecting the candidates to our PGDM program, SDMIMD selects candidates based on their complete profile.
SDMIMD Mysore will award following weightages to various components in selection process:
Academic Performance : 30% weightage
Competitive exams : 25% weightage
WAT & PI : 40% weightage
Achievements if any : 5% weightage
Shri Dharmasthala Mnjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD), Mysore is one of the best MBA/PGDM colleges in South India. SDMIMD would accept CAT 2019, XAT 2020, CMAT 2020 as well as 2019, NMAT 2019, GMAT scores for admission to PGDM 2020.
SDMIMD Mysore: USPs
- One of the top 50 B-schools in India
- Dual international Accreditation from ACBSP & EFMD
- Rated A** (A Double Star) by CRISIL and Brickwork Ratings at the National level.
- 15 international tie-ups with facility for student exchange
- Rs.50 Lakhs worth of Scholarships
- High Placements with Average Salary at Rs.7.14 LPA
- Wide range of Specializations in PGDM
Last Date to Apply: February 28, 2020
The last date to apply for admission at SDMIMD closes on February 28, 2020. According to Prof L. Gandhi, “The last date to apply is February 28 and there may not be any extension. As, the selection criteria is a comprehensive one which emphasises the profile of the candidates, there won’t be any changes in the final selection process of SDMIMD.”
SDMIMD Fees 2020-22
SDMIMD PGDM 2020-22 programme fee is Rs.10,95,000/-. The Fee includes Tuition & Hostel stay charges for the entire PGDM Program. Mess Charges are separate and are approximately Rs. 2,800/- per month on a sharing basis which need to be paid in addition to the other fee. It is the current fees structure applicable to AY 2019-21 and is subject to change next year
PGDM Specializations at SDMIMD
SDMIMD offers dual specialization. Specialization are offered in Finance, Marketing, Systems, Data Analytics, Human Resources Management and Operations. First year or the first 3 terms are common to all and in the second year, or from terms 4-6, the specialization comes into effect. Summer Internship of 2 months will be scheduled between the first and the second year.
Scholarships Offered by SDMIMD
- Entry Merit Scholarship: Rs. 60,000 for finally selected applicants with minimum 70% each in – 10th Standard; 12th Standard / PUC 2; and Degree.
- Empowering Woman: Rs. 50,000 scholarship for finally selected woman applicants with minimum 60% aggregate each in – 10th Standard; 12th Standard / PUC 2; and Degree.
- Student Exchange Subsidy: Students selected for student exchange programs abroad during the SDMIMD PGDM program are entitled to a subsidy ranging from Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 1,00,000 by SDMIMD based on the location of the host institute/university.
- Student Merit Scholarship:3 Students will be awarded Merit-cum-means Scholarship for Outstanding Academic Performance in each Term during the PGDM Program.
SDMIMD Mysore Placements 2020
SDMIMD has a consistent record of excellent placement. The maximum and average compensation packages at SDMIMD have been rising year after year. Companies visited the SDMIMD campus this year from a variety of sectors.
Highest Salary in Placement 2020 for PGDM 2018-20 batch has increased to Rs.9.5 LPA from Rs.9 LPA last year. The average salary has gone up to Rs.7.70 LPA from Rs.7.14 LPA last year.
Top Recruiters in Placement 2020 included Deloitte, EY, Feedback Business Consulting, Infosys, Morgan Stanley among others.
SDMIMD Placement 2020: Highlights
- Placement completed 3 months before the course completion
- Over 70% of the companies coming for campus visit are regular recruiters
- 12 companies recruiting continuously for 5 plus more years
- Average Salary has gone up at Rs.7.7 LPA this year from Rs.7.14 LPA last year
- Highest salary increased to Rs.9.5 LPA in 2020 from Rs.9LPA last year
- 16 PPOs offered, 3 Accepted
- 90% Batch placed till Dec 20, 2019 and 75% Batch placed till December 6, 2019
- 36 Companies including 11 new recruiters visited the SDMIMD campus for placement 2020
- Top Recruiters in Placement 2020 include Deloitte, EY, Infosys, TCS, Morgan Stanley, Target Corporation, Feedback Consulting, HDFC, Ujjivan SF Bank, Federal Bank, TTK Prestige, Freudenberg among others
- Diversified Sector in terms of recruiters
- At least 3 start-ups hiring every year
SDMIMD Admission Cut Off
SDMIMD will decide cut offs based on the pool of applicants. However, based on last year cut offs, the likely cut offs for PGDM 2020-22 batch are:
Expected Cut off percentile
CMAT 2020 & 2019
SDMIMD Admission Process
Following steps are included in the SDMIMD Admission process:
- Step 1: The candidate must have applied and appeared in at least one of the entrance exam scores - CAT 2019/XAT 2020/CMAT 2020 or 2019, GMAT, NMAT 2019, MAT 2019. It may be noted that the score of any of the above exams conducted in June 2019 up to March 2020 is Valid for admission to PGDM 2020
- Step 2: Candidates should register and apply for admission to SDMIMD Mysore before the last date to apply
- Step 3: Candidates are short-listed for PI-WAT Round from among the candidates who have a valid entrance exam score, who have applied for admission to SDMIMD Mysore and who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the programme
- Step 4: Final selection round will be held in various cities in India in the month of March/April 2020.
- Step 5: After the PI-WAT-Extempore round, final admission offers will be made to successful candidates in April/May 2020. Admission offer will be based on a composite score arrived on the basis of entrance exam score, Past academic performance, Work Experience, performance in PI-WAT among others. Final admission result of the selected candidates will be conveyed email/ phone/mobile.
How to Apply for SDMIMD Admission 2020
- Apply online at the SDMIMD PGDM Admission link on website
- Fill up the basic registration details, complete the application form and submit
- Pay Rs.1250/- towards SDMIMD application fee online or by DD
- If making payment by DD, prepare the D.D. in favour of The Director, SDM Institute for Management Development, Payable at Mysore
- Send the Application Form along with the photocopy of CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT /NMAT admit card/score card
- Register and appear in at least one of the following entrance exams - CAT 2019, XAT 2020, NMAT 2020, CMAT 2020/2019, GMAT. The score of any of the above exams conducted in June 2019 up to May 2020 is Valid for admission into PGDM 2020-22
- Email your CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT/NMAT scores to SDMIMD along with SDMIMD Application Number and Name immediately after the results are announced
- Even if you have not applied for the entrance exam, still you could apply through SDMIMD Online Application form and send the registration details later by email
SDMIMD Application Fee
The admission process for 2 years full time PGDM 2020-22 batch at SDMIMD is available at a moderate application fee of Rs.1250/-. The Application fees can be paid online either directly to the bank account or through Paytm to SDMIMD or by Demand Draft
SDMIMD Intake: 180
The present PGDM intake at SDMIMD, Mysore is 180 seats.
SDMIMD Mysore Admission Eligibility
- Candidate must hold a bachelor's degree with Full-time graduation courses in any discipline recognized by the UGC/AIU
- Consistent academic record of not less than 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in 10th Std, 12th Std and degree is required
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination in the year 2020, can also apply.
- All candidates are required to take at least one of the entrance exams – CAT/ XAT/GMAT/CMAT/ NMAT or who already have valid CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT/NMAT scores.
SDMIMD: Ranked Among Top B-Schools in India
One of the prominent B-schools in India, SDMIMD Mysore is consistently ranked high. SDMIMD Director, Dr. N.R. Parasuraman says, ‘SDMIMD has always performed to be among the Top 50 B-Schools in the Country in all the B-School Surveys. The rating among the South India B-Schools and Private B-Schools for SDMIMD are quite satisfactory and we are placed within 30th Place.”
SDMIMD: International & National Accreditations
SDMIMD has earned reputed national as well as International Accreditations. SDMIMD's flagship 2 year, full time, residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) program is approved by AICTE and is accredited by NBA at National level. According to Dr Parasuraman, “National Board of Accreditation (NBA) has accredited SDMIMD PGDM Programme. Association of Indian Universities (AIU) has recognized the 2-Year Full-Time PGDM Program and given MBA Equivalence.”
SDMIMD enjoys dual international accreditation. Sharing with MBAUniverse.com, Dr Parasuraman said, “SDMIMD PGDM has earned ACBSP (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs), USA and EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development) - EFMD's Program Accreditation System (EPAS); the EFMD-EPAS for 2-Year PGDM Program. SDMIMD is also Business Educational Alliance Member for the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).”
SDMIMD International Tie Ups & Research Opportunity
Sharing the key international tie ups to enhance the SDMIMD Faculty and Students’ skills through global exposure, Dr Parasuraman said, “SDMIMD has 15 international tie-up arrangements with leading accredited universities from different countries and facility for student exchange for more than 30 students. SDMIMD organizes three international conferences in campus and offers facilities for students to be part of research projects with faculty.”
SDMIMD PGDM program runs for six terms over two years with an acclaimed quality and academic rigour. The innovative curriculum and pedagogy are planned in an elaborate manner every year and takes into account the best practices in other leading management institutions across the globe and also incorporates the views of leading academicians and business leaders.
SDMIMD was established in 1994 and till date 23 batches of PGDM graduates have passed out from its portals, currently holding important positions in the Indian and foreign corporate and service organizations. Institute has a creditable placement record.
Apart from the flagship 2 years PGDM programme, SDMIMD also offers 1 year Post Graduate Programme in Management for working professionals. The PGPM at SDMIMD is at par with the PGDM programme.
SDMIMD has earned two international accreditations by EFMD (EPAS) and by ACBSP. Recognizing the quality of management education and Internationalization at SDMIMD, global accreditation body EFMD has awarded the prestigious EPAS International Accreditation to the 2 year PGDM Program offered by SDIMD Mysore. It is the first Indian B-school to receive EPAS accreditation. SDMIMD's flagship PGDM program is approved by AICTE and is accredited by NBA also. SDMIMD is ranked among the top B-Schools in India. It has tie-ups with 12 Universities and B-schools abroad, for student exchange.
The candidates with excellent academics and quality achievements stand a good chance for PGDM admission at SDMIMD Mysore
Stay tuned to MBAuniverse.com for more updates on SDMIMD Mysore