S P Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) Mumbai, one of the top B-schools in India, has opened PGDM Admission 2022 with some important changes. The Application process for PGDM admission 2022 remains open from September 25 till November 26, 2021. SPJIMR will not accept XAT Exam Score and the selection process will be based on candidate’s profile and CAT or GMAT scores only.
SPJIMR is an innovative and socially responsive school of management, ranked among the top B-schools in India. Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is SPJIMR’s flagship 2 years full-time residential programme deemed to be equivalent to an MBA. In its unique admission process, SPJIMR lays more emphasis on a candidate’s profile.
Table of Contents
In this article, we shall cover:
- Key Highlights and USPs
- Programme Fee: Lower than Top IIMs
- SPJIMR Placement 2021: At par with IIMs
- FT MIM Rankings 2022: SPJIMR Ranked Above IIM Bangalore
- SPJIMR Admission Process 2022: Unique Approach - Key Points
- How to Apply for Admission
- Important Dates for Admission 2022
Let us start with why you should consider and to apply for SPJIMR admission alongwith IIMs and other top B-schools.
SPJIMR Mumbai: Key Highlights & USPs
1. Top Ranked B-School:The PGDM program at SPJIMR has consistently been ranked amongst the top B-schools in the country.
- In the recently released prestigious Financial Times - Masters in Management Rankings 2021, SPJIMR has secured World Rank # 39 and India Rank # 2. IIM Ahmedabad’s two year Post Graduate Programme in Management (MBA) is Rank #1 in India and IIM Bangalore’s Post Graduate Programme in Management is Ranked #3.Read more details below.
- In the MBAUniverse.com B-School Ranking 2021 SPJIMR was ranked #4 among top management institutes in India.
- In the NIRF Ranking 2021 Management SPJIMR is Ranked #19
2. Placements 2021 at par with top IIMs: Despite the pandemic situation, the Placement 2021 at SPJIMR have remained at par with top IIMs. SPJIMR has registered highest package of Rs.46.65 LPA, average package of Rs.26.06 LPA and the median package of Rs.25 LPA. On the other hand, IIM Lucknow registered average salary of Rs. 26 LPA; IIM Indore registered average salary of Rs. 23.60 in placement 2021, while the audited data for IIM Ahmedabad placement 2021 is yet to be released.
3. International Accreditation: SPJIMR was accorded the prestigious AACSB accreditation in 2018. The institute has won 3 global innovation awards from AACSB and AMBA.
4. Distinguished Alumni:
SPJIMR has a long list of super achievers as its alumni including many women achievers. Mahesh Madhavan, Global CEO of Bacardi, Debjani Ghosh, President of NASSCOM, Olympian and National Badminton Champion Dipankar Bhattacharjee, and Deepak Iyer, President of Mondelez International, India are only some of the SPJIMR distinguished alumni. Read More on SPJIMR Alumni Achievers
5. Unique Pedagogic Approach: SPJIMR has a host of pioneering non-classroom activities like Abhyudaya, DOCC (Development of Corporate Citizenship), ADMAP(Assessment and Development of Managerial and Administrative Potential), PG LAB and Science of Spirituality. With its participant centric approach, SPJIMR strives to provide a superior learning experience by encouraging team work and facilitating experiential learning.
SPJIMR PGDM Program Fee & Intake
SPJIMR will share the revised fee for PGDM 2022-24 batch at the time of finalizing admission offer. The fee for PGDM 2021-23 batch was Rs. 19 lakhs. SPJIMR has a relatively smaller intake of 276 students including supernumerary seats for the PGDM 2022-24 batch.
SPJIMR Placements 2021
SPJIMR Mumbai had successfully completed its Final Placements for PGDM Class of 2021 in a record time of just two days. The average annual salary for Placements 2021 stood at INR 26.06 lakhs per annum which puts SPJIMR in same league as Top IIMs. For the first time at SPJIMR, Consulting emerged as the highest recruiting sector indicating that marquee consulting companies like Accenture Strategy, Bain & Co. and Boston Consulting Group are putting more faith in SPJIMR graduates. The entire placements exercise was conducted online using a variety of platforms and protocols to meet the convenience and security needs of companies. Key highlights of Placement 2021 are
SPJIMR PGDM Placements 2021 Highlights
- Total Participants in the Batch: 233
- Number of companies participated in Placements 2021: 131
- Median Salary: 25.00 LPA
- Average Salary: 26.06 LPA
- Highest Salary: 46.65 LPA
- Lowest Salary: 15.00 LPA
- Number of first-time recruiters: 75
- Total Number of Pre-Placement Offers: 79
- 26.2% of offers equal to or greater than INR 30 LPA
- 57% of offers equal to or greater than INR 25 LPA
- 80.7% of offers equal to or greater than INR 20 LPA
- Top Recruiters include Amazon, Boston Consulting Group, Colgate Palmolive, Hindustan Unilever, Procter & Gamble and Tata Administrative Services among others. Read More
SPJIMR Ranked Ahead of IIMB in Financial Times MIM Rankings 2021
In the Financial Times MIM Rankings 2021, SPJIMR Mumbai is ranked # 39 globally and # 2 in India while IIM Ahmedabad is ranked #26 globally and #1 in India. IIM Bangalore is ranked #47 globally and # 3 in India; IIM Lucknow, IIM Indore and IIM Udaipur are ranked much below SPJIMR. A snapshot of Ranking positions will bring more clarity
SPJIMR Admission Process 2022: Salient Points
SPJIMR admission process looks for diverse qualities, qualification and attributes in a candidate. Sharing the key attributes, SPJIMR Admission Chairperson Dr Bindu Kulkarni told MBAUniverse.com that, “SPJIMR looks for aspirants who are grounded with:
- a strong and consistent academic background,
- relevant work experience in the chosen area of specialization,
- an ability to be a team player,
- have the desire to make a difference.
Academic as well as work related achievements adds to the profile of the applicant. Versatility in extra- curricular activities makes the profile stronger.”
So, the SPJIMR Admission Process is designed keeping in mind the above expectation.
Here are the key highlights of SPJIMR Admission 2022 process:
1. Acceptable Entrance Exams: XAT Score Dropped
SPJIMR will accept only CAT 2021 and GMAT (Taken between Jan 01, 2019 and Dec 31, 2021) exam score. SPJIMR will not accept XAT 2022 exam score for admission 2022.
2. Moderate Qualifying Score Cut Offs: Quality Parameters Matter More
SPJIMR Mumbai gives higher emphasis on other quality parameters in its admission process than merely on entrance exam scores. Accordingly, by choice, SPJIMR has not pegged the CAT, GMAT score cutoff very high. The candidates above the minimum cut-offs in the CAT/GMAT will be considered for all the subsequent stages.
Section-1: Cut off (Qualifying Percentile)
Section-2: Cut off (Qualifying Percentile)
Section-3: Cut off (Qualifying Percentile)
Overall Cut off percentile
VARC - 75
DILR - 75
Quant - 75
GMAT (1 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2021)
3. Opportunity to Choose 2 Specializations at Application Stage
While filling the application form, the student will be required to select from one of four specialisations offered: Finance, Information Management, Marketing and Operations & Supply Chain. The applicant will need to state two preferences.
The rational for this selection at the application stage is that it helps to achieve segmentation at the time of admission based on differentiated need of the recruiting organizations. The Applicants develop a clear and sharp focus early in the program. The spectrum of recruiters as students graduate, is broadened. Students foster better bonding with peers resulting in productive collaborations especially with participants opting for different areas of specialization.
4. Dual Shortlisting Process: Profile and Score Based
The applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of their profiles. They are also expected to meet the qualifying scores in at least one of the entrance exams. The profiles are scored and the applicants are sorted into two groups: Profile based and Profile-cum-score based.
5. Early Interviews for Profile Based Shortlisted candidates
Applicants shortlisted based on their profile will be called for an early interview. The shortlist will be based on their Consistency of academic record; Relevance of work experience for the chosen specialization; Versatility and achievements. Early interviews are convenient as it avoids overlapping with other interview calls during the admissions season
6. Work Experience: Qualitative Aspects Considered
Work experience is not mandatory for the admission in PGDM Programme. The Graduates with no work experience and those with less than five years of work experience can apply. However, for the candidates applying with work experience, only relevant work experience after graduation will be considered. Internship/training/ project work which was a part of the curriculum will not be considered as work experience. The Proof of work experience such as offer letter, salary slips and the experience letter will have to be provided.
7. Academic Performance
While considering your academic profile in admission process, SPJIMR will take into account your academic performance from class 10 onwards.
Performance in Class 10 & 12
Performance in 10th grade, 12th grade will be considered in the selection process for PGDM 2022-24 batch. In the 10th Grade and 12th Grade performance, an aggregate of all subjects scores (marks) mentioned on the mark sheet will be considered for arriving at the final percentage.
Performance in every year of graduation is considered important by SPJIMR in its admission process. Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
8. Final Selection based on multiple factors
Final selection will be based on Performance in PI round and on various factors such as-Academic background, Work experience, Entrance scores, Versatility and achievements among others.
SPJIMR will be conducting its Admission 2022 Interviews and Written Aptitude Test online.
Confirming the same, Dr Bindu Kulkarni said, “The admission 2022 process will be carried on with same vigor and strength as always to ensure we have a diverse, intellectual and versatile pool of students in the coming batch. Like last year, we will continue to conduct admission interviews online.
The Written Aptitude Test (WAT) will also be conducted online.”
9. How to Apply for SPJIMR Admission 2022?
To apply for the PGDM Programme, applicants must fill the form on the SPJIMR online admissions portal. SPJIMR will shortlist you on the basis of your profile even before the result of CAT 2021 is declared, provided you have applied before the last date of submitting admission application to SPJIMR.
SPJIMR Mumbai Admission 2022: Important Dates
Here are the key dates for Application process for SPJIMR Admission 2022.
SPJIMR Admission 2022 Activity
September 25, 2021
Last Date to Apply
November 26, 2021
While applicants may not have their entrance test scores at the time of submitting the application form, SPJIMR will re-open all submitted applications for applicants to add their CAT and GMAT scores after the results are declared for CAT.
But remember that SPJIMR does not extend the last date, so apply well in time!
Important Do’s and Don’ts for getting in
Responding to MBAUniverse.com query on how candidates can improve their chances of getting into SPJIMR, Dr Bindu Kulkarni shared following advice:
- An ideal applicant would be someone with intellectual readiness through academics and emotional readiness as key factors.
- Applicants should ensure that they invest sufficient time in completing and proof reading their application before submitting it.
- The information provided by them should be detailed, accurate and reflect their true self. Taking care to highlight their strengths and putting in efforts to provide us as much detailed information as possible will ensure that all relevant factors are taken into consideration when considering their candidature.
- If Shortlisted for an interview, prepare well for the Specialization chosen.
- Finally, do well in CAT or GMAT across all the sections!
Hope you found the information in this article on SPJIMR Mumbai PGDM admission 2022 useful to finalise your dream B-school. It may be noted that SPJIMR is noted as much for its academic excellence as it is for its innovative pedagogic approach
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on SPJIMR Mumbai