Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai has completed another spectacular season of Autumn placements for the out-going PGDM Class of 2022. The Autumn placement 2022 has witnessed 260 internship offers for 238 PGDM participants from 52 companies.
The placements process, which was conducted in virtual mode, saw enthusiastic participation from corporates and a jump in the stipends on offer compared to the last two years. The performance signalled return of demand after a series of lockdowns and a recognition that online hiring and working are here to stay as the new normal.
The key highlight of the season was the hike in terms of compensation offered and diversity of roles. Companies adopted creative means to screen candidates online. Simulations such as group discussions and interview panels were replicated virtually with ease.
SPJIMR Autumn Placements 2021: Key Highlights
Key highlights of the autumn internships at SPJIMR for the PGDM class 2022-22 are:
- The SPJIMR autumns internship process saw participation from 52 recruiters
- 260 Placement offers were rolled out for 238 participants from the PGDM Class of 2022
- Diverse roles offered across industries like BFSI, e-commerce, FMCGs, pharmaceuticals and consulting
- 27 new recruiters on the SPJIMR campus for Autumn Placement
- Average stipend for 2 Months increased above INR 261,000, with a growth of nearly 30% compared to year 2020 and 16.07% compared to year 2019
- Median compensation for the two-month internship increased to INR 280,000, seeing a growth of 16.67% compared to 2019, a non-Covid year
- FMCG continued to be the most dominant sector in terms of the number of hires with 33% per cent of the participants placed in this sector.
- More than half of the batch received offers of INR 260,000 and above and more than 95% of the batch had offers above INR 200,000
- Top Recruiters include Accenture, Avalon Consulting, Boston Consulting Group, TAS, Amazon, GSK, Asian Paints, Colgate Palmolive, HUL, Johnson & Johnson, L'Oréal, Marico, Mondelēz, Nestle, Pidilite, P&G, Reckitt Benckiser, Axis, SBI CAP, Allianz, ICICI Prudential among others
The Autumn placements process is an innovation which enables SPJIMR participants to take up an internship after they have completed the specialisation courses, and after they have completed social internships that help them work and learn in unstructured environments. The rounded exposure is a part of the unique journey of SPJIMR’s PGDM, the two-year, full-time MBA equivalent Post Graduate Diploma in Management.
The Autumn Placement process gives the opportunity to the companies to recruit SPJIMR participants who are:
- Better equipped in terms of technical knowledge because they have completed their specialisation phase in the fields of marketing, information management, finance and operations and supply chain, and
- Ready in terms of digital adoption and can deliver to full potential when working remotely as the first year of MBA was completely online.
On successful completion of Autmns Placements, Abbasali Gabula, Associate Director (External Relations), SPJIMR, said, “We are delighted to report this performance in times that continue to be challenging. The results reinforce SPJIMR’s standing, the strength of our corporate relationships and the performance of our students.”
The results came at a time when businesses are slowly returning to full operations amid worries of a possible third wave of the Covid-19 pandemic hitting the nation. The hiring reflected a sense of cautious optimism over economic recovery as pent up demand kicks-in, fuelling a new growth cycle in the aftermath of forced lockdowns.
Dr Sajeev Abraham George, PGDM Programme Chair at SPJIMR, said, “The enhanced autumns placements outcome in these difficult times is greatly encouraging. We are confident that our students will be able to apply their learnings to create value for the companies through these internship projects. We shall continue to focus on our curriculum and pedagogy to achieve superior learning outcomes for our students.”
S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR) is a constituent of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan and is ranked among the top ten business schools in India. As a premier school of management, SPJIMR is noted for pedagogic innovations and pioneering programmes, which have helped the Institute stand out for its unique and distinctive path in management education. The Institute currently operates from its 45-acre campus in Andheri, Mumbai, and a campus in New Delhi.
SPJIMR enjoys a good reputation with the industry for the high quality managers that it nurtures through a unique pedagogic approach in preparing socially sensitive graduates with a global mindset.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on SPJIMR Mumbai